What can WWE do to make Smackdown interesting again?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Yeah, it's tragic when every booking decision has to take into account the stupidity of the WWE universe. The idea is, that if you can acclimate the audience to a particular format it will catch on. I. personally, am a fan of smash mouth wrestling. Heyman encourages intensity (which Axel and Ryback lacked), which those six have. Henry also drew pretty good numbers as WHC for SD.

Yeah Henry drew really well on ECW if I remember rightly also, him as a monster heel seems to intrigue people even the forums buzz off him. I've never understood the appeal personally but I'll concede I'm in the minority there.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Maybe they could have a clause where the NXT champion could cash in his title for a shot at the U.S title.
This challenge would take place the night after WM or Money in the Bank but the match would take place on Smack down.
Its TNA-ish but I like it. The catch is the NXT champion can only challenge on that one night of the year. Once he challenges, he relinguishes the NXT championship regardless of how long he's held it.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Not make it a recap show of RAW.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
How could I forget this? Put Booker back in the commentary booth. I have no idea why they haven't done this already.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
And that's what's stupid.

WWE has 4 million watching RAW and 2 million watching SmackDown. Most likely whoever watched RAW is watching SmackDown so instead of having the same promo and same storyline how about we get progression in these storylines.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
And that's what's stupid.

WWE has 4 million watching RAW and 2 million watching SmackDown. Most likely whoever watched RAW is watching SmackDown so instead of having the same promo and same storyline how about we get progression in these storylines.

BUT

Raw runs for 3 hours from 8-11 right? And a big portion of their fans and target audience are children nowadays (sad but true, but I was there once). So how many kids (or other fans) are missing what goes on during the last 1-2 hours of RAW? Sometimes I think that's why we see the recaps so much on Smackdown and other shows. Hell, even NXT has recaps from RAW sometimes.

EDIT: But we do have things like the interwebs now that make it SO much easier to go back and just watch it again ourselves

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I enjoy RAW recaps, they should do Smack down recaps on RAW to make the show more important.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
People forget.nitro wasn't the only wrestling program to beat raw in ratings, smackdown did as well. I believe heyman and Steph were runnin sd when the first brand split went down.

Let Heyman have creative control and i bet it's dope again.

Edit: Seabs knows what's up.

Reactions: seabs and Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I agree. Somebody needs to play the crazy visionary mad scientist role.
Heyman knows a good talent when he sees it. I've yet to see him be completely wrong as long everything is put in perspective.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Have a brand split. Let 5 top dogs run the show, essentially. Build storylines and feuds that only reflect on Smackdown.

Bring the World Title. Let Heyman be the GM of the show. He could walk out and announce the rebirth of the WHC. He could crown it to his next client....perfect

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Have a brand split. Let 5 top dogs run the show, essentially. Build storylines and feuds that only reflect on Smackdown.

Bring the World Title. Let Heyman be the GM of the show. He could walk out and announce the rebirth of the WHC. He could crown it to his next client....perfect
Sounds like 2002 to me.