What can WWE do to make Smackdown interesting again?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Make it live again... split the titles (WHC as Smackdown exclusive).. and brand split... move it back to Thursday night.. gives people reason to watch the show.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Having it compete with TNA on Thursday is interesting.
It could allow the competitive juices to start flowing once again

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Back in the day and some years ago we had a RAW lockeroom with guys like RVD, Booker T, Kane (the good old Kane, before the ummasking and stuff), HHH, Batista, Orton (either in single competition or later as Evolution), the Dudleys, Jeff Hardy, Goldberg for a brief stint, Big Poppa Punk, Test, Shawn Michaels, Mark Henry, Y2J, Christian etc.
On the other hand, Smackdown had guys like Big Show, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero (plus his nephew), the Undertaker, Matt Hardy, Edge, Rikishi, Rey Mysterio, JBL etc. Furthermore, Smackdown also had the cruiserweight division (remember that one?) and of course later on came Shelton Benjamin, Cena etc.

So much quality and such great feuds over the years while the occasional drafts served as a nice way to swap superstars from one show to another and create new room for new feuds and rivalries.

My point? As much as I enjoyed that format back then, I just don't think the current roster has enough in it (quantity or mostly quality) to go back on that path again, even if they were to split the titles, which by the way I don't see happening.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Brand Split and make it go back to the not PG era. Not going to happen, but one can hope.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
I think SD simply needs WWE to treat it as an important show, not as a B show after RAW..

I remember back in 2003 when the roster was divided between RAW & SD, sometimes SD was even more interesting than RAW with wrestlers like Taker, Lesnar and Angle wrestling exclusively for SD.
With the Brand extension over, for some reason they decided to just focus on RAW and treat SD like a filler show.

I think they should return to like 2000 before the brand extension when they used to treat both shows equally.

Last edited:

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Live is a good answer, and US title changes on the show, you can't have a brand split if Raw is one hour longer

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Back in the day and some years ago we had a RAW lockeroom with guys like RVD, Booker T, Kane (the good old Kane, before the ummasking and stuff), HHH, Batista, Orton (either in single competition or later as Evolution), the Dudleys, Jeff Hardy, Goldberg for a brief stint, Big Poppa Punk, Test, Shawn Michaels, Mark Henry, Y2J, Christian etc.
On the other hand, Smackdown had guys like Big Show, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero (plus his nephew), the Undertaker, Matt Hardy, Edge, Rikishi, Rey Mysterio, JBL etc. Furthermore, Smackdown also had the cruiserweight division (remember that one?) and of course later on came Shelton Benjamin, Cena etc.

So much quality and such great feuds over the years while the occasional drafts served as a nice way to swap superstars from one show to another and create new room for new feuds and rivalries.

My point? As much as I enjoyed that format back then, I just don't think the current roster has enough in it (quantity or mostly quality) to go back on that path again, even if they were to split the titles, which by the way I don't see happening.
Didn't see Zack Ryder there.