• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who would you rather won the war?

• WCW

• WWE

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Can we all agree that TNA should have won against, WWE, lol?

They wouldn't have won, but if they stayed the course as a alternative to WWE instead of trying to replicate WWE, they would probably be a lot bigger than they are now.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Beyond idiotic. Your vague replies, little jabs, and assumptions compared to what’s actually happening in WWE is a joke. Lol I’m done with this thread. You’re entitled to be wrong.

Marry me... or at least let's have a great weekend in a hotel somewhere...

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
They wouldn't have won, but if they stayed the course as a alternative to WWE instead of trying to replicate WWE, they would probably be a lot bigger than they are now.
I mean no body will win against WWE unless they play as dirty as he does/did in the business world in America, but WCW and TNA even could have been great alternatives to WWE if they, like you said, quit trying to copy WWE and instead did/do their original ideas and such, which IMPACT is doing right now very well. In a alternative timeline, their could be three or two major companies for Pro Wrestling in America with those being WCW, WWE, and NWA-TNA, or whatever name it wanted, and each provides different styles of wrestling like WCW could have been for the people who love wrestling and hate all the shit WWF/E did/does, WWE will still be themselves and still be crap, and TNA would the blend of WWE's heavy "storyline" focus and WCW's heavy "wrestling" focus.

In all reality, WCW lost due to a couple of things, one hiring people who didn't know jack off about wrestling like Eric and Russo, two giving creative control to wrestlers like Hulk, Nah, and Hall, who ruined whatever because they wanted the spotlight, three changed their product to fit with WWF, four Ted Turner didn't know shit about the wrestling as he bought WCCW, or whatever it was at first, because of him being a wrestling fan, kind of like what Billy did with NWA and Toby Keith wanted to do with TNA, and five Vince was willing to play dirty and low on business ethics just to get what he wanted, if it meant fucking over the system then he would do it.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I mean no body will win against WWE unless they play as dirty as he does/did in the business world in America, but WCW and TNA even could have been great alternatives to WWE if they, like you said, quit trying to copy WWE and instead did/do their original ideas and such, which IMPACT is doing right now very well. In a alternative timeline, their could be three or two major companies for Pro Wrestling in America with those being WCW, WWE, and NWA-TNA, or whatever name it wanted, and each provides different styles of wrestling like WCW could have been for the people who love wrestling and hate all the sh*t WWF/E did/does, WWE will still be themselves and still be crap, and TNA would the blend of WWE's heavy "storyline" focus and WCW's heavy "wrestling" focus.

In all reality, WCW lost due to a couple of things, one hiring people who didn't know jack off about wrestling like Eric and Russo, two giving creative control to wrestlers like Hulk, Nah, and Hall, who ruined whatever because they wanted the spotlight, three changed their product to fit with WWF, four Ted Turner didn't know sh*t about the wrestling as he bought WCCW, or whatever it was at first, because of him being a wrestling fan, kind of like what Billy did with NWA and Toby Keith wanted to do with TNA, and five Vince was willing to play dirty and low on business ethics just to get what he wanted, if it meant f*cking over the system then he would do it.

WCW dies because of a LOT of stupid mistakes. They offered guaranteed contracts for more money than they should have just so they could get wrestlers from WWF. They offered creative control, including 100% creative control to Hulk Hogan, meaning that Hogan could decide when he won and lost the belt. He claims he only used it once but we all know he is a lying prick and he was likely the one who screwed up the Sting and Hogan match.

Ric Flair was a huge reason for the failure of WCW as well. Not Flair himself, but the way Bischoff treated him. Ric Flair WAS WCW. But they barely used him and turned him into a joke, which was disgusting because Flair was likely the hardest working wrestler in the world. Fans wanted to see him and see him win, but Hogan and Bischoff coudn't have that. If you watch old Nitros you will hear plenty of Flair chants and his on screen moments were highly applauded by the audience. But Hogan couldn't stand that Flair was more popular than him in WCW, so they buried the hell out of him.

Bischoff became obsessed with one thing: beating Raw in the ratings every week. That's why he did stupid things like putting Goldberg vs Hogan on Nitro rather than putting it on a PPV. Having the hottest wrestler in WCW at the time going against the Pukester, that PPV would have brought in BIG MONEY. But Bischoff only wanted the Nitro ratings.

And then hiring Russo... 'nuff said ...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
AT ONE POINT!!! LOL

WWE SUCKS WAAAAY MORE AND WILL NEVER CHANGE

NEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

At one point? Not at all. They did a series of stupid things over and over again.

And please cut out the caps. You know it's rude.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
WCW dies because of a LOT of stupid mistakes. They offered guaranteed contracts for more money than they should have just so they could get wrestlers from WWF. They offered creative control, including 100% creative control to Hulk Hogan, meaning that Hogan could decide when he won and lost the belt. He claims he only used it once but we all know he is a lying prick and he was likely the one who screwed up the Sting and Hogan match.

Ric Flair was a huge reason for the failure of WCW as well. Not Flair himself, but the way Bischoff treated him. Ric Flair WAS WCW. But they barely used him and turned him into a joke, which was disgusting because Flair was likely the hardest working wrestler in the world. Fans wanted to see him and see him win, but Hogan and Bischoff coudn't have that. If you watch old Nitros you will hear plenty of Flair chants and his on screen moments were highly applauded by the audience. But Hogan couldn't stand that Flair was more popular than him in WCW, so they buried the hell out of him.

Bischoff became obsessed with one thing: beating Raw in the ratings every week. That's why he did stupid things like putting Goldberg vs Hogan on Nitro rather than putting it on a PPV. Having the hottest wrestler in WCW at the time going against the Pukester, that PPV would have brought in BIG MONEY. But Bischoff only wanted the Nitro ratings.

And then hiring Russo... 'nuff said ...
Right, I literally said all of that in a round about way, but yeah the guaranteed contracts and other such things were dumb. Of course Hogan and some of the others used their creative powers to screw over others, I mean that is a universal fact as many former WCW wrestlers have echoed the same thing including Ultimate Warrior, DDP, Rave, and I believe even Sting.

I will agree with that. I will agree again, Ric was a hard worker and they turned him into a joke, and let's not forgot how they treated David and me a joke as well. I agree fans wanted Ric to win, but Hogan couldn't stand someone else being more over than he was in WCW and Eric was just a ducking idiot, who knew nothing about wrestling.

Exactly just like WWE is obsessed with being the first to do anything or was obsessed with beating WCW. Exactly, it was stupid just like having Brock vs Steve Austin on free tv. I agree, it would have, but PPVs became a back burner because you got to get those TV ratings because that was what mattered. Also, the later shows just got to be more rushed due them trying to get a one up of the sort on WWF.

Shell yeah, man.

Reactions: edge4ever

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
upload_2018-7-21_17-27-43.jpeg

I’ll just leave this here.....

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
For the record WCW was ok but I can’t imagine a universe where Vince lost that War. I believe with time WCW would have turned into TNA and by that I mean trying to live off WWE’s stars of yesteryear mixed with bad booking and poor management = Death to WCW

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
For the record WCW was ok but I can’t imagine a universe where Vince lost that War. I believe with time WCW would have turned into TNA and by that I mean trying to live off WWE’s stars of yesteryear mixed with bad booking and poor management = Death to WCW
I mean technically there are a number of infinite universes so there are some, in theory, where WCW won...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I mean technically there are a number of infinite universes so there are some, in theory, where WCW won...

Oh, I see how it is. You don't believe in wavefunction collapse. It's like I don't even know who you are anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: edge4ever

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I definitely see your point. Because Vince was born into the wrestling business, his family knows too much about the wrestling business for WCW to put the out in an instance. Basically The Mcmahon Family is the Heart of Pro Wrestling until there is a serious transplant.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score