• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who would you rather won the war?

• WCW

• WWE

Results are only viewable after voting.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
WCW vs WWE

I was thinking about this & I'm not so sure anymore that WCW would've been the worst choice.​

Things weren't perfect in WCW ....but they did some pretty cool things! ...& had some great matches! At this point WWE isn't one to talk, or compare track records. Sure at the end, WCW was bad but for the last 15 years WWE has been stale. Atleast 10 IMO

Since the day they won the "war" & did the awful angle that COULD'VE been the coolest angle up until this day. Now they don't have to try, compete or steal ideas from WCW/ECW.

Yes, I think SOME bad feedback was legit & guys being truthful from a period of time when WCW wasn't so organized but no organisation is perfect but I ALSO think alot of feedback was guys sucking up to the big boss left in town.

"Boy Vince it's a good thing you BEAT that guy, I never liked him, I always knew you would WIN, that's why I stayed in WCW"

Who knows what might've happened if WCW went on. I have a feeling WCW would've changed management like it always did & eventually a good change would've happened. A big part of WWE's horrible programming(IMO)is because they only ever had 1 guy doing it all & never any change. A real wrestling guy may have bought WCW eventually.

Another thing to look at is that alot of bad outcomes from WWE is because of Vince being stubborn & having such a big ego about his wrestling company. Say what you want about Ted but he didn't have that, he didn't keep grudges against talent for years & bully guys, he was a professional & always picking new people to run WCW. It was just a side thing to him.

Hell just Vince boasting about how he "beat Ted" & won this "war" shows you his ego. IMO Vince never cared too much about the wrestling aspect as much as he did fitting in with the other celebs & billionaires. He just wanted to prove he was better than the big TNT & billionaire Ted.

Claiming he "beat" Ted to me is silly. More like Ted got board & it wasn't important enough to him as his new deal was but I'm sure if he had his heart set on it he could've run WCW forever with no fear of Vince. He had his own Network way before Vince & funds for days.

Maybe WCW would've been awful for awhile but IMO, it doesn't get much worse than WWE's programming right now & their bad attitude towards change. I really miss the industry & alot of fun things about WCW. I miss alot of WWF too, but I can't say I would miss a damn thing about WWE right now if it went away tomorrow other than a time when it use to be good or perhaps NXT

Keep in mind this is all just my personal opinion & I'm asking you what do you think?​

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think the right company and man won. WCW in my opinion has never been consistent enough to ever truly win the war.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Yes, I think if WCW had won. WWE would've kept going as well

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
No
[doublepost=1531974470][/doublepost]WCW survived on just name value alone. Everything else was literally a shit show most of the time. Fuck WCW

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
[doublepost=1531974470][/doublepost]WCW survived on just name value alone.

That sounds exactly like WWE these days to me man lol... their programming certainly isn't riveting, that's for sure.

These fans look like they're having a whole lot of fun, little bit more than just name value. Haven't seen a crowd like this in WWE

WWF won the war. WCW was good in it's day though

Yes... WWE IS still here & WCW was good, that's the point of my whole thread lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Redboy123@

Reaction score
If WCW was running today and still at the same level it was in 1997, then wrestling would be so good right now.

Reactions: Gman003

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
For those of you who are new to the game, Ted Turner created Nitro, a rival show of Raw and put it on the same day as Raw, airing it at the same time, hence, beginning the Monday Night Wars.

For two years on a row from 1995-1997, WCW beat WWE in the weekly ratings. Every week, more people tuned into see Nitro than Raw and this caused a number of big tremors in WWE, namely...

1. By May 96, many of the WWE roster had left the company, a few got fired or let go foro various ressons, but many decided not to resign with the company because Vince was making regular cuts in their salaries to save the company's finances.

2. WWE had to down size into a national company, giving up its international assets and focusing soley on local advertising.

These are just two of the effects that WCW had on WWE. I think WCW should have won the war, but it didn't because too many jackasses were led into the temptation of getting more fame in WWE, or, in the case of a few, because they let petty rivalries make them leave.

Also, Ted Turner decided to back way in the end and turn his full attention to the movies. That cost WCW a lot of their strength.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
WCW made too many poor decisions. Their war with WWF was a short game. They mortgaged their future for the present and eventually the future had to come. They gave out too much guaranteed money, too much creative control to their wrestlers and everything was about the present.

WWF really had their back to the wall. They were in danger of going under. But they did the only thing they could. They used what they had rather than worry about what they didn't have. And I don't mean right away. At the beginning of the war all WWF did was worry about what they didn't have, but fortunately they came to their senses before too late. While WCW tried to buy every wrestling star they could, really just so WWF couldn't have them, WWF realized they had to make the best with what they had. And they did a pretty good job with it.

The whole war was weird for me. I was a WCW guy but I mostly sided with WWF during the war. Being that WCW became the Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan show, two guys I have always hated, I just couldn't support them at all. Their treatment of Ric Flair got me severely pissed off too. That being said, I was actually a fan of both shows and watched both every week. When Raw went two hours and Nitro three hours, my Monday nights were always so long I had to take Tuesday off from work each week.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I watched wrestling from time to time during the war. Although I didn't watch it religiously. I turned 8 in 97 so it's not like I was staying up late to watch it. I'd watch the replay on the weekend or whenever. If I saw wrestling was on I'd watch it. Didn't even realize a war was going on tbh. I liked both promotions and was content. Where I lacked in watching, I always heard the wwf talk at school from the kids who could stay up and watch. I don't think wcw was as popular among kids in my school, but everyone knew about goldberg.
By the time the war was coming to an end/finished I was able to watch more as I was older lol. I guess the right promotion won. I mean, they did have the better show. But really the end of the war meant the beginning of the end. No competition creates stale characters and storylines. It wasn't right away though, as I was all into smackdown during the ruthless aggression era.

I really don't know where I was going with all this, I just got typing...lol.

I guess we can hopefully look forward to a future war? Maybe? If this whole roh/new Japan thing turns out to be a success, then I'm sure they'll be invited back again... that's what wrestling needs, and has needed for quite some time is competition.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Sooo no one is going to say it...okay I will. WWE only won the war because of them changing from Wrestling to Trash TV aka The Attitude Era.

Reactions: Farooq and Gman003