• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who would you rather won the war?

• WCW

• WWE

Results are only viewable after voting.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Name one person from WCW and ECW to do something meaningful excluding Eddie Guerrero and Goldberg.
Why are you restricting the question? Why can't I say Eddie or Bill. Also why is your question so broad? Are you only asking for stars from WCW and ECW that came to WWE during the Invasion? Cuz if not then I can say Jericho and Benoit. Also what do you mean meaningful? RVD main evented a ppv with a 5 star classic and became WWE champion. That is pretty meaningful. Booker T had a meaningful career in WWE. What do you mean? Rey Mysterio WWE career eclipsed his WCW career. At a certain extent Big Show had a way more memorable career in WWE. Undertaker was nothing in WCW, went to WWE became an all time great. Kevin Nash infamous switch from WCW to WWE resulted in a long ass world title reign. Same with Scott Hall in 1992. Mick Foley was great in WWE, better than his time in WCW. WWE and WCW traded talent all the time. Some worked, some didn't.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I honestly think things worked out for the best as far as WCW goes...

I guess it would be nice if the WWE had some decent competition
in the American market...if only so they'd write/book something weird,
different & interesting instead of the Möbius strip of repetitive & tedious
booking the company dishes out week after week.

Like when was the last time the WWE actually did something exciting
apart from swapping a few performers from each show & announcing
a new GM?

Why not an NXT or 205 Live Invasion storyline?
Why not create a new, dominant faction aiming for complete brand control?
Why not do something completely left field & crazy?

No?

Okay...sorry I asked.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Why not an NXT or 205 Live Invasion storyline?
Why not create a new, dominant faction aiming for complete brand control?
Why not do something completely left field & crazy?

No?

Okay...sorry I asked.
Why not just tell a simple story between good and evil, where fans love the face and hate the heel? WWE have forgotten how to do that

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Why are you restricting the question? Why can't I say Eddie or Bill. Also why is your question so broad? Are you only asking for stars from WCW and ECW that came to WWE during the Invasion? Cuz if not then I can say Jericho and Benoit. Also what do you mean meaningful? RVD main evented a ppv with a 5 star classic and became WWE champion. That is pretty meaningful. Booker T had a meaningful career in WWE. What do you mean? Rey Mysterio WWE career eclipsed his WCW career. At a certain extent Big Show had a way more memorable career in WWE. Undertaker was nothing in WCW, went to WWE became an all time great. Kevin Nash infamous switch from WCW to WWE resulted in a long ass world title reign. Same with Scott Hall in 1992. Mick Foley was great in WWE, better than his time in WCW. WWE and WCW traded talent all the time. Some worked, some didn't.
Why am I being restricting? Because I can, obviously. Bill and Eddie are the two everyone uses, so what not give someone different. I was asking a whole, you know, pre-invasion, "Invasion", and post-invasion. Meaningful meaning they did something that either added value to them, didn't ruin their character, or were in a story that wasn't awful, you know like Raven and DDP. RVD was over because WWF/E knew that he would be a star because of his time in ECW, so why not please the recently acquired ECW fans. Booker T had a decent career up till Triple H buried him at WM 19. The fact you knew Undertaker was in WCW impresses me, and you are right he wasn't anything there. Mick was just great no matter where he worked at because the guy is a great worker. I wouldn't say WCW and WWF/E "traded" because that implies that they had a working agreement when they didn't.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Why not just tell a simple story between good and evil, where fans love the face and hate the heel? WWE have forgotten how to do that
That's because the WWE doesn't know how to book their "Heroes" anymore
& are constantly having the "Villains" win all the time...making the Heroes look
weak & pathetic & drawing the fans to cheer for the villains meaning none of
the heroes can get over.

"They pray for villains...When their heroes let them down!"

Me personally...I want the Heroes to win...at least some of the time.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Why am I being restricting? Because I can, obviously. Bill and Eddie are the two everyone uses, so what not give someone different. I was asking a whole, you know, pre-invasion, "Invasion", and post-invasion. Meaningful meaning they did something that either added value to them, didn't ruin their character, or were in a story that wasn't awful, you know like Raven and DDP. RVD was over because WWF/E knew that he would be a star because of his time in ECW, so why not please the recently acquired ECW fans. Booker T had a decent career up till Triple H buried him at WM 19. The fact you knew Undertaker was in WCW impresses me, and you are right he wasn't anything there. Mick was just great no matter where he worked at because the guy is a great worker. I wouldn't say WCW and WWF/E "traded" because that implies that they had a working agreement when they didn't.
If you knew the answer then why did you ask the question. There has been multiple wrestlers that have been better in WWE then in WCW. I was right

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
If you knew the answer then why did you ask the question. There has been multiple wrestlers that have been better in WWE then in WCW. I was right
200.gif

Reactions: Grievous 3D

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I honestly think things worked out for the best as far as WCW goes
Why? ....RAW & SD are just as bad now and have been & will continue to be.

Like when was the last time the WWE actually did something exciting
apart from swapping a few performers from each show & announcing
a new GM?

My point exactly... WCW had the potential to change if it stuck around

Last edited:

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I believe WWE would still be here if WCW won the Monday Night Wars, but WWE would have a somewhat different image...

1.It probably wouldn't be on a Monday. It probably would be on another day. Maybe on the weekends since a lot of people are off on the weekends.

2. Vince would've made sure he kept his top guys as much as possible. The Rock would've been around more and wrestled more, Brock Lesnar probably stayed if Vince gave him a better Baby-Face treatment.

3. WWE would not be PG. This basically speaks for it's self. No corny kiddy stuff will have ever happened like WWEKids.Com and other things of that nature.

4. Roman and Cena would not be Baby Faces of the company. I respect Cena and what he's done but like I said with a better baby-face treatment Brock would've probably stayed. He definitely would be one of the top guys but not the top guy. To honest not trying to hate on Roman either, but he would most likely be in the Mid Card division as US Champ as a Face or in The Main Event scene as a heel.

5. Vince would not have made his dumbest decisions. Such as Breaking the streak, Rock vs Cena II, etc.

There would more different things, but believe me WWE would still be here. It just would be somewhat different.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Vince would not have made his dumbest decisions. Such as Breaking the streak, Rock vs Cena II, etc.

There would more different things, but believe me WWE would still be here. It just would be somewhat different.

So in other words much better... wcw should've stuck around

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
So in other words much better... wcw should've stuck around

Pretty much since WCW was the only Company and competition that kept Vince and WWE in line, and made sure they did right by the fans.

You see now with WWE being a Mega company. Vince feels he don't have to do right by the fans anymore, he feels he can do whatever he wants. Vince now believes it doesn't matter if the fans don't like the product, there are more fans to take their place.

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Look... I get what everybody is saying & I tried to make it clear when I posted this. I didn't post this & ask WHO won or HOW they won.
!

Your point was clear. Regardless, you posted this thread and that invites conversation. We're not required to only respond in the way you want and answer only what you want to hear.

You clearly said WCW should have won, so discussion on who won and how they won is on topic.

Plus you put a poll on who should have won, so yeah, you invited exactly what you just told me you didn't

And I'm not being a jerk, just a pain in the butt

• Haha

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
WCW made many mistakes and they basically buried themselves through stupidity.

WCW was the house that Ric Flair built, to paraphrase the nickname of Yankee Field and AJ Styles. But they buried and humiliated him. The fans chanted cheered for him constantly, but WCW made a big mistake. They alienated their core fans to completely cater to their casual fans. So the core stopped watching for many reasons and the treatment of Flair was one. So when many of the casual fans stopped watching,they didn't have their core to lean on.

Also Starrcade 1997, was the beginning of the end. They fucked up big time with the Sting and Hogan match, taking maybe the most anticipated match of all time and didn't do the smart thing with Sting destroying Hogan in a few minutes. But not only did Stinh lose his invincibility, he was pinned clean by Hogan.

WCW destroyed themselves by putting forward true stupidity. A company that made so mistakes could not have won.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Can we all agree that TNA should have won against, WWE, lol?