• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who would you rather won the war?

• WCW

• WWE

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I think I am going to watch WCW Nitro from either the start to 98 or o or watch it form the Nash/Hall turning up and forming the NWO.

I have been watching the AE up to the middle of 2001 (July IIRC) and watched from Oct 1998 or so.

See how it holds up now I just turned 40 instead of 18 in early 97.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score

I know this thread is dead and gone, but even Paul Heyman predicted WCW's downfall before it happened.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score

I know this thread is dead and gone, but even Paul Heyman predicted WCW's downfall before it happened.

WCW was a joke in 1995 and that is what his comments are about.

He predicted thye would have 1 guy and a heap of jobbers, this was before they kicked WWF in the ass as well.

WCW was poorly run was the main problem.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
WCW was a joke in 1995 and that is what his comments are about.

He predicted thye would have 1 guy and a heap of jobbers, this was before they kicked WWF in the ass as well.

WCW was poorly run was the main problem.
I knew what he was talking about, I just found it funny how he described everything that was going on.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I knew what he was talking about, I just found it funny how he described everything that was going on.

He complete missed the WCW doing great for 2-3 years though.

The main problem was WCW was always reliant on Ted Turners money- they only had 2 profitable years (97 and 98). And that is NWO, kind of explains why they went overboard on the NWO after it ceased to be interesting.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
WWE may have won the war, but it didn´t destroy its enemy. I finished watching Starcade 1992 last night and I can honestly say that WCW isn´t dead. WWE has preserved the best of it from what I can tell and was smart enough to preserve what WCW produced. Most of the shows we either saw or attended have been uploaded to WWE Network, where it can be seen in many countries, so the legends of Harley Race, Sting, Big Van Vader, Sid Vicious continue.

In every victory something good can happen. As ambitious as WWE was, it didn´t extinguish the fire of WCW. In some ways, it burns brighter than before.