WCW 1995: Going to War

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stojy

Reaction score
I've finally caught up in here...

With WW3 being so close, makes complete sense to have The Giant look as strong as he is. The over the top rope challenge main event did that perfectly here. Enjoyed the tension with Meng which continues to build with DOD after the unnecessary DQ's. Just well booked build really. Back to The Giant though, really happy with him and Hall being booked as the two most important guys in the build to WW3. Probably two guys who came in as big deals, but with Savage taking over, was a little concerned they'd get lost in the shuffle a little easy. Glad that's not the case.

Speaking of the Savage deal, a thumbs up on the execution and all that's happened since. Can't say anything but nice things about the angle.

The NJPW stuff felt like it was just sort of there and wasn't overly interesting me... Until this inclusion of one of my favourites, Scott MOTHER FUCKING Norton. I am intrigued to see how this 'war' against WCW goes, as taking out Sting feels huge. I'm excited for Sting/Norton, but I'm also curious how resources will be split between WCW vs. NJPW and WCW vs. DOD.

LOVE Triple Crown tbh. All three guys involved are awesome, waging war against veterans such as Flair and Arn is awesome, and well, Flair and Arn reconciling is awesome as well. Probably the feud I'm most excited for in this BTB at this point.

Happy you had Regal get a win back after he lost the tag match last week. Booking worked here for Regal to look good, whilst Disco loses because of Riggs/Wallstreet. I never thought I'd say I'd enjoy a Disco/Riggs program beginning, but here I am. From Disco making fun of Riggs' new robe, to the party at the same time as the business meeting, some real fun stuff here.

Judging by DDP getting surrounded here, assuming we might get an eventual triple threat with Page, Benoit and Sabu, which I'm all for. Page as the chicken shit champ who keeps JUST finding a way to keep the TV Title works well. Want to call out that I've enjoyed Alex Wright hiding Diamond Doll also, especially with Wright disguised as JL being a highlight. Looking forward to when Page and co finally find out, however not sure if there's more twists to this, with how Diamond Doll was uncomfortable with Wright's advances.

I marked for the Brad Armstrong appearance as well on this recent episode of Saturday Night as well.

Really enjoyable stuff as always.

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
1678484865133.png

WCW Monday Nitro
November 6, 1995
LIVE from Jacksonville, FL

Flames and exploding buildings can mean only one thing on a Monday Night - it's the opening theme to WCW Monday Nitro! After the standard opening, Eric Bischoff's voice welcomed us to another exciting of the only LIVE wrestling television show on the air! The camera panned the crowd before we cut to the announce team of Bischoff, Mongo, and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. The trio were all very excited about the prospect of World War 3 being less than one week away. Bischoff assured us we had NEVER seen anything like this event.... 60 men battling it out over 3 rings...all for a shot at the biggest prize in all of wrestling! That's 60 men all fighting for one thing... there's no alliances when it comes to the WCW World Heavyweight Title - it will truly be EVERY MAN for himself!

Heenan pointed out that there were a lot of people in the back who would love nothing more than to be the one to take the belt off of Randy Savage after what he did to Hulk Hogan... and World War 3 could be their only shot at doing so.

But before we get to World War 3...there was plenty of action going down tonight, INCLUDING tonight's main event which will put "The Bad Guy" Scott Hall up against The Dungeon of Doom's MENG! Bischoff lead us in to a replay from WCW Saturday Night during The Giant's Over-The-Top challenge, which saw Meng tease some dissension in the Dungeon, but when Scott Hall showed up - Meng attacked Hall which ultimately led to The Giant sending both men over the top rope. Bischoff said we would hear from the Dungeon later, but all seems well in their camp, and he knew the Dungeon would love nothing more than to have Meng soften up Hall to weaken his chances in World War 3.

Also later tonight, in a preview of the tag team match at World War 3 - "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson would be stepping into the ring with Triple Crown's Dean Malenko!

But first, we head to the ring for some tag team action!

THE ROAD WARRIORS (w/Sister Sherri) versus THE STATE TROOPERS

In a tune up for their tag team title match at World War 3, the Road Warriors took on the perennial enhancement team of the State Troopers. Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker and Lt. James Earl Wright earned the ire of the crowd by handing out "tickets" to some fans at ringside prior to the match. That would be all the State Troopers would be "handing out" this match, as this one was all Hawk and Animal. After dominating the offense against both Wright and Parker - the Road Warriors had this one wrapped up pretty quickly with a Doomsday Device to Parker to get the easy three count victory, picking up more momentum heading into World War 3.

WINNERS: The Road Warriors by pinfall at 1:28

The referee lifted up both Hawk and Animal's hands in victory... but there was not much time for celebration as the tag team champions Booker T and Stevie Ray slid into the ring from behind and attacked Hawk and Animal! Caught off guard, Hawk ended up being clotheslined out of the ring by Stevie Ray while Animal was holding his own vs. Booker T. But Ray joined his brother by clobbering Animal from behind with an axehandle. Stevie Ray would then lift Animal up in the air as Booker T leaped into the air with the Harlem Side Kick!

An visibly upset Sister Sherri climbed into the ring and confronted her former clients. Her high pitch shrieks could be heard audibly without the assistance of a microphone, clearly upset with the champion. The war-painted face of Sherri showed no fear as she shoved Booker T and then turned and shoved Stevie Ray as well!

Stevie Ray seemed to be restraining himself, but when Sherri followed it up with a stiff open-handed slap across his face, Ray lost it and went after Sherri... only to have Hawk cut him off out of nowhere with a clothesline! Ray hit the mat and rolled out of the ring as Animal recovered and joined his teammate in sending Booker T into the ropes - DOUBLE BACKDROP! Booker rolled out of the ring to join his brother.

As we headed to break, the champions were regrouping up the aisle as Sister Sherri stood victorious in the ring with Hawk and Animal - lifting up the arms of the Road Warriors in victory as Bischoff gave some more hype to the tag title match that is set for World War 3!

After the break, we came back to live Monday Nitro to find "Mean" Gene Okerlund standing in the center of the ring. Okerlund reminded us that last week, "this man" came within MOMENTS of winning the WCW World Title - and after the match, he was assaulted by the stars of New Japan Pro Wrestling. Okerlund welcomed out to the ring, the man they call - STING!

The painted warrior Sting made his way out to plenty of fanfare - but the usually jubilant Sting seemed completely serious this week as he headed straight to the ring and joined Mean Gene. Sting let out a "WOOO" to rile up the crowd some more before bringing his usual energy to the microphone.

"GENE, GENE, GENE - IT LOOKS LIKE THE SHOTS HAVE BEEN FIRED! It appears as though New Japan is wanting to declare WAR on WCW! And Gene, you know me, I'm always weary of having that target on my back - that's nothin' new! So it doesn't come as any kinda surprise that yours truly would become a victim of a come from behind sneak attack from these so called, HONORABLE wrestlers! Let me just say this... I've been to Japan a lot. I love the fans there. I love the people. Heck Gene, I love New Japan! But Sony Oono wants to make this a war. The Great Muta wants to make this a war. And last week, there was absolutely NOTHING honorable about their attack. They wanted to make an example out of the FRANCHISE OF WCW... they wanted to make an example out of the Stinger... and Gene... they did just that. Message received."

BOOOOO! The crowd voiced their disproval of the actions of Sony Oono's New Japan regiment.

"But, the problem is.. THEY DIDN'T FINISH THE JOB! And if it's a WAR THEY WANT... IT'S A WAR THEY ARE GONNA GET! Because THIS SUNDAY... IT'S WORLD WAR 3! There's gonna be 60 men in that ring... each of them wanting a shot at the WCW title. A title that I could be wearing right now if it wasn't for them. And this Sunday... I'M GONNA BE IN ONE OF THOSE THREE RINGS... so if you guys want a fight... BRING IT ON! Because I have no problem tossing each and every one of your guys over the top rope on my way to another world title shot at Starrcade!"

Sting was interrupted as Sony Oonno made his way down to the ring with IWGP Heavyweight Champion The Great Muta and Scott Norton directly behind him. Norton climbed the apron first, sitting on the bottom ropes to allow Muta and Oono to climb into the ring before he himself joined the trio. Oono pulled a microphone out of his own jacket as he tilted his sunglasses down to give a glance to the US Champion Sting before giving a smug grin.

"Noooooooot so fast Mister Stinger!"

Oono paused as the crowd rained in boos on the foreign stars.

"Standing in this ring right now... is a LEGEND in this business. A champion from AROUND THE WORLD! And I'm not talking about you, Mister Stinger. Oh no, no, no! Muta is IWGPHeavyweight Champion... but what we've come here to do... is take... the WCW WORLD TITLE and UNITE THEM! And put NJPW ONTOP OF THE WRESTLING WORLD! Hahahahahaha!"

Sting watched on, his hands on his hips. Clearly unamused by Oono's words.

"So yes, my men will be in the Battle Royal. And yes, you were our first victim... but you will not be our last! And we will see to it that... this Sunday... not only do you not win Mister Stinger, but that THE GREAT MUTA walks out on TOP! And it will be MUTA challenging for the WCW World Title at Starrcade!"

Before Sting could retort - Johnny B. Badd was making his way to join the crowded ring. "HOLD THE PHONE!" Badd exclaimed - "Let's back right up here, Sally!" Badd said looking directly at Sonny Oono, "I think SOMEONE is getting ahead of themselves here! Let me remind you that there is a certain IWGP Heavyweight Title match at World War 3! So I would certainly appreciate that you boys stop countin' your chickens before they hatch!"

"Because, as far as I'm concerned... by the time that Battle Royal is going down, Muta won't be able to look to unite those titles... cause he ain't gonna be the IWGP Champion anymore!"

Oono shook his head, "what is this nonsense, fool? Who do you think you are?"

"Hey now, hear the kid out,"
Sting interrupted, "I gotta say... he has a point. Johnny B. Badd has the talent. He certainly has the look. But perhaps most important... I can see that FIRE. I can see that DESIRE! He's got SPUNK! And let me tell ya boys, I like spunk." Sting walked over and placed his hand on Badd's shoulder, looking him in the eyes. "Now, you don't gotta say yes... but how would you like to have the Stinger in your corner t his Sunday? How would you like to have the Stinger as your coach the rest of this week... preparing you for the biggest match in your career? After what they did to me last week, I'd love nothing more than to play a small part in them getting what's coming to them. Whattaya say, Johnny?"

Badd paused, looking to the crowd for some suggestion as Sting held his hand out. "Stinger...."

"It would... BE AN ABSOLUTE HONOR to have you in my corner this Sunday!"

The crowd gave a supportive pop as the duo shook hands, Sting then lifting up Badd's arm while Oono and the NJPW contingent left the ring, clearly not pleased with how the events had played out tonight.

DEAN MALENKO versus "THE ENFORCER" ARN ANDERSON

These two men would be part of a bigger tag match scheduled for World War 3 when Anderson re-teams up with recent rival but longtime friend "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair" to take on Malenko and Eddy Guerrero of Triple Crown - but tonight it was singles action. Wrestling purists had to salivate over the idea of Malenko doing battle with Anderson in the ring - and this one did not disappoint in the time given (though I'm sure people would've loved to see them go on longer, but given its only an hour broadcast, gotta have some limitations).

Malenko proved that he could hang in the ring with the veteran Anderson as the two went back and forth the whole way. Malenko looked to get a submission out of Anderson - showing off some of his "1,000 holds" as he tried to get Anderson to submit to a Boston Crab and later a STF submission - however Anderson was able to break each submission by making it to the ropes.

Anderson battled his way back and would soon have Malenko in trouble after a laying out Malenko with a Gourdbuster. As Malenko appeared to be in trouble, his teammates rushed down to the ring. As Pillman climbed the apron, providing a distraction to the ref - Guerrero went to the opposite side of the ring. Guerrero springboarded into the ring...but was caught in midair by Anderson - SPINEBUSTER to Guerrero!

Guerrero rolled out of the ring as Anderson charged at Pillman - knocking him off the apron to the floor. But when Anderson turned back around, Pillman reached back into the ring and grabbed his boot! Anderson turned back around and had some "choice words for Pillman" - but this was enough to allow Malenko to sneak up behind Anderson with a roll up! Malenko had a handful of tights as the referee made the count - One, Two, Three!

WINNER: Dean Malenko by pinfall at 8:11

Bischoff called it an "upset victory" for the Man of 1,000 holds. Malenko joined Guerrero and Pillman at ringside - but when "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair came charging down to the ring - the Triple Crown exited the ringside area via the crowd.

Flair and Anderson were left alone in the ring, but they would get their hands on Triple Crown again this Sunday!

We cut to the back where V.K. Wallstreet was standing by with his client Scotty Riggs. Riggs was about to head to the ring for his first singles match on a live Nitro broadcast. V.K. Wallstreet repeated over and over how MILLIONS of people were watching at home and ALL eyes were on him. This was his "big chance" to make a name for himself - and that this Sunday was even bigger because it was Pay-Per-View. Even if it was against the likes of Disco Inferno.

"You have to start somewhere," Wallstreet joked. "But all kidding aside. It's only a matter of time before Riggsamania is sweeping the country and kid, you're gonna be HEADLINING Pay-Per-Views! IN FACT, World War 3 is just the kind of event to put you on the map! Just imagine... The Big Riggle... winning the Battle Royal and headlining STARRCADE!"

Riggs raised his eyebrow and grimaced, "The Big Riggle?"

Wallstreet grinned and gave Riggs a pat on the back, "Yeah, sure! Every big star in the business needs the hip nickname." Riggs didn't seem convinced, "Trust me, my boy, The Big Riggle is going to be the wave of the future in this sport!"

The Big Riggle was in action, NEXT!

WCW Saturday Night Preview: In the WCW Studio - Tony Schiavone and Dusty Rhodes provided us with some reasoning for watching WCW Saturday Night this week. For one, it is the LAST and FINAL show before World War 3 on Sunday. Expect all the "favorites" to be on hand as we gear up for literally the "biggest" match in WCW history.

DEVON STORM versus SCOTTY RIGGS (w/V.K. Wallstreet)

This match was designed to not just continue to spotlight the new singles run for Riggs, but to also promote his match with Disco Inferno this Sunday on Pay-Per-View. The commentating team pointed out how Disco had been a "thorn" in the side of V.K. Wallstreet's marketing attempts.

The youngster Devon Storm used his speed to put up a fight against the stronger Riggs - but it was only a matter of time before Riggs grounded the cruiserweight and put the match in his favor. The match would soon conclude after Storm mounted a brief comeback - Storm attempted a corner splash to Riggs, only to have Riggs move out of the way. Storm crashed into the corner, allowing Riggs to come in with a high knee. Storm stumbled out of the corner into forearm smash from Riggs.

As Storm would slowly start to stagger himself up to his feet, Riggs would put him away with the Legdrop Bulldog finisher that Bischoff decided to refer to as "The Big Riggle." Riggs made the cover and picked up the three count.

WINNER: Scotty Riggs by pinfall at 4:02

Post-match, Wallstreet celebrated with Riggs in the ring - lifting up his arm in victory. Riggs certainly has the momentum heading into his showdown with Disco at World War 3.

Back in the Dungeon of Doom - "The Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan was at the forefront in the dim and foggy set - alongside WCW Champion Randy Savage with the rest of the Dungeon - The Giant, Meng, Wrath, Fury, Shark, and The Zodiac in the background.

"Day by day... minute by minute.. one by one... everything continues to go just as planned for the Dungeon! Not only have we risen to the top of WCW by taking the World Champion.... we've also ended Hulkamania once and for all... and last week, the FACE OF WCW... the FRANCHISE OF WCW... Sting... became the latest victim of the Dungeon. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! "

"And yet... there are those of you foolish enough to think there has been some dissension in the ranks of the Dungeon..."
Taskmaster paused as the camera zoomed in on a shot of the emotionless face of Meng.... "BUT - as you can see, we are united together here was one family! And tonight, THE TONGAN MONSTER... THE FACE OF FEAR... MENG... will step into the ring with Scott Hall and he will show us that he is definitely 100% devoted to our cause."

"AND THIS SUNDAY - at World War 3.... The Dungeon will be well represented inside the three rings to assure that at Starrcade, this man, OUR SAVIOR, RANDY SAVAGE, remains the WCW World Heavyweight Champion!"

Tonight, Meng would step into the ring with Scott Hall and show that he is 100% devoted to the cause of the Dungeon. And this Sunday, at

Savage nodded his head in agreement, "That's right, OHHH YEEAHH, because there's no one, NO ONE, that WCW can put inside those three rings that would be a threat to this title. Yyyyeeeaahhhhh. And there's no one that will be a threat to these men... these... MMMMOONNSTTERS. There is no one among the 60 that can match the MADNESS of the Dungeon! So it's gonna be real nice, yyeaahhhhh, to sit back on Sunday... and watch the carnage unfold! I can't wait to sit back and watch the Dungeon pick apart 60 men! This title isn't going anywhere at Starrcade. OOOOOOOHHH YYYEEAAAAAHHHHH!"

Elsewhere - "Mean" Gene Okerlund was standing by with WCW Television Champion Diamond Dallas Page who was joined by one of his two personal "bodyguards" - Big Bubba Rogers. Okerlund reminded us of the last time he talked with Page, this past Saturday on WCW Saturday Night - that Page found himself on the run from both Chris Benoit and Sabu.

"Hey! MONKEY! GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! DDP don't run from no one, you got it, chump? I was merely... leaving... to respond to a call... about the whereabouts of the Doll, got it?"

Okerlund scoffed at that premise, stating he heard no such "calls." "Please, Gene. You're gettin' senile in your old age. Looks like your hearin' is going too now along with your hair!"

Not one to shy away from confrontation at times, Okerlund fired back, "Oh come on! If anyone is losing anything, it's going to be you this Sunday!"

Page glared at the interviewer, "EXCUSE ME? What are you tryin' to say?"

"I take it you haven't heard! I've just been informed that this Sunday, at World War 3, LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW, it will be you, DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE, defending the WCW Television Champion against... BOTH CHRIS BENOIT AND SABU in the TRIANGLE MATCH!"

DDP was outraged, immediately having to be held back by Big Bubba. "This is outrageous!" Page declared, "We'll see about this!" Page stormed off with Big Bubba directly behind him. Okerlund had a hard time hiding his smile as he once again repeated the new match for WCW World War 3 before taking us out for a commercial break.

MAIN EVENT:
"THE FACE OF FEAR" MENG (w/"The Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan and The Giant) versus "THE BAD GUY" SCOTT HALL

If it wasn't bad enough news for Hall that he had to take on the Tongan "Face of Fear" in Meng - but he had the 7-foot beast known as the Giant and Taskmaster looming at ringside as well. It was just a few weeks ago that these two squared off on Nitro, but it was some interference from The Giant that led to Meng winning that match by countout.

Hall once again went head on at his Tongan opponent, but once again found himself struggling to wear down the massive man who just seemed to absorb every blow Hall had to give. Hall still managed to work Meng into the corner, repeatedly combining punches with elbows to Meng's head to try and somehow wear out the Tongan. But in the corner, Meng let out a primal yell before fighting his way out of the corner with a barrage of STIFF chops to Hall's bare chest.

Meng took firm control of the match - really taking his stiff offensive attack onto The Bad Guy. Meng was close to picking up a pinfall victory after laying out Hall with a back suplex followed by a falling headbutt - but Hall somehow managed to kick out. Meng showed no signs of frustration despite Hall's repeated kickouts of each pinfall attempt he went for - instaed he went right back on the attack - not letting up for one instance. After a Samoan Drop, Meng made yet another pinfall - but once again Hall got his shoulder up at the last second.

Hall began his furious comeback as he would stagger to his feet and managed to avoid a savate kick attempt from Meng. Hall lifted up Meng and dropped him across his knee with an Atomic Drop which was enough to stagger the Tongan before Hall used a bulldog to finally get him off his feet. Hall quickly went for a pin - but Meng powered out!

Hall went back on the attack and soon tried a new approach of attempting a sleeperhold to try and put Meng out. It seemed to actually be working, as Meng was fading out...but as the referee checked in on Meng, his arm would stay up on the third attempt! Meng stood back up with Hall on his back...Meng ran backwards and sandwiched Hall against the turnbuckles. Hall stumbled out into a savate kick from Meng! Meng went for the cover - One, Two, Thre....KICKOUT by Hall!

At ringside, Taskmaster was the only one starting to show some frustration - but Meng went back to work in the ring.. ..powerslaming Hall to the mat. Meng bounced off the ropes and went to drop another falling headbutt to Hall, but Hall rolled out of the way - leaving Meng to headbutt nothing but canvas! As Meng slowly staggered back up, Hall took advantage and planted Meng in the mat with a DDT! The crowd was alive and solidly behind The Bad Guy as he began to set up Meng for the Say Goodnight...but The Taskmaster quickly climbed the apron to distract the referee!

The Giant began to climb into the ring, but Meng hit a backdrop to Hall to escape the hold!
Meng was trying to shake off the cobwebs as Hall began to stumble to his feet. The Giant charged in look for a Big Boot to Hall, but Hall ducked and The Giant accidentally laid out Meng with his Big Boot!

Hall dropped to the corner, grabbing his gold chains and wrapped them around his fist! The Giant came over to Hall, only to have Hall turn and hit a hard punch right to the midsection with those gold chains! The Giant was doubled over and Hall followed it up with another chain assisted punch right between the eyes to the Giant! The Giant was sent to the ropes where Hall charged in with a clothesline that sent The Giant over the top rope!

Bischoff was in disbelief that Hall just sent The Giant over the top rope - proving it CAN be done! Hall tossed his gold chains away and proceeded to knock Taskmaster off the apron before making his way over to Meng who was starting to recover from the Big Boot. Hall pulled Meng between his legs before lifting him up into the crucifix - SAY GOODNIGHT! Hall made the cover - One, Two, Three!

WINNER: Scott Hall by pinfall at 12:49

As Scott Hall had his arm raised in the ring, Bischoff and company provided one last reminder for us to order WCW World War 3 this Sunday - and to tune in on WCW Saturday Night for the final show before the Pay-Per-View!

Nitro came to a close as Taskmaster tried to regroup with Meng and The Giant at ringside - but
Meng shoved Taskmaster away and got into a verbal altercation with The Giant as we faded out.

Last edited:

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
1678804130726.png

WCW Saturday Night
November 11, 1995

We open up with a video recap from WCW Monday Nitro - we are treated with the highlights from the main event of Scott Hall versus Meng which ended with The Giant getting involved. We relive the moment where The Giant accidentally took out his own teammate Meng with a big boot before Hall used the assistance of his gold chains to knock the seven-foot monster over the top rope to the floor before clinching a victory over Meng with his Say Goodnight to the Bad Guy Crucifix power bomb.

From there we faded to the standard WCW Saturday Night opening before we were joined in studio by Tony Schiavone and "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, who greeted us by wishing us a happy Veteran's Day. The duo wasted no time hyping up tomorrow night's big event - World War 3. For weeks we've been told that it was IMPOSSIBLE to eliminate the 7-foot Giant by sending him over the top rope, but as we just saw from WCW Monday Nitro - Scott Hall was able to do just that. "But can someone do it when it counts?" The Dream questioned.

Schiavone was even more excited because the events from Monday Nitro have led to a huge main event tonight, the eve of WCW World War 3 as The Giant and Scott Hall will step into the ring!

Also tonight, Scotty Riggs and his marketing mentor V.K. Wallstreet will actually join forces in tag team action for the first time, and NJPW's newest representative Scott Norton would be in singles action.

JUSHIN "THUNDER" LIGER (w/Sonny Oono) versus SUPER CALO

Speaking of NJPW, we would kick things off on this week's WCW Saturday Night with some international flavor as the Japanese sensation, NJPW's Jushin Liger took on the Lucha Libra star Super Calo. The two masked lightweights put on a fast-paced match to open the night on the right note. Schiavone mentioned during the match how WCW was getting a lot of international attention with the presence of NJPW and as a result, stars from all over the world were looking to get involved with WCW, such as Lucha Libra's Super Calo who we have seen a few times recently in action. Super Calo put up an admirable effort against Liger, but ultimately Liger put away the luchadore with the Liger Bomb to pick up the impressive victory.

WINNER: Jushin Liger by pinfall in 4:44

After another strong victory for NJPW, we cut to the back where WCW Television Champion Diamond Dallas Page was standing by with Big Bubba Rogers. "Where is he?" Page asked, his annoyance clear in his tone. After a moment, Maxx Muscle came lumbering into the shot. "Where the Hell have you been?" Page asked with frustration.

"You...you've had me looking for Diamond Doll."

"You IDIOT!"
Page belted out, "that moronic German kid has him. Do you ever watch TV? Everyone knows it...you're the only idiot in the world who wouldn't have found her yet."

"But...you..."

"Listen monkey," Page said, beginning to calm down, "The Doll is the least of my concern." - Page continued, telling his two "bodyguards" that they needed to regroup for World War 3. He had two goals tomorrow night...first he needed to walk out with the WCW Television Title against Sabu and Chris Benoit in their Triangle Match - and then he was going to WIN World War 3!

Page pointed out that both matches were "numbers games" and the way he saw it, everyone else was going to be "every man for himself" - but he was paying Muscle and Rogers so he expected for them to have his back. Muscle and Rogers nodded in agreement, telling their boss they would make sure he walked out victorious.

Page was happy to hear they were so loyal - because tonight, they would be teaming up to take on Chris Benoit and Sabu!

SCOTT BORDERS versus "HACKSAW" JIM DUGGAN

It was Veteran's Day, and what better way to celebrate an American holiday than by bringing out the "Old Glory" with "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan. The Canadian Scott Borders made clear of his national heritage by wearing white tights with a big red Maple Leaf stamped on the back. This earned Borders plenty of cheap heel heat against the pro-USA Duggan.

Borders mounted a brief offensive charge against Duggan - hitting a half nelson slam to Duggan before dropping a kneedrop. Borders earned some more heat as he mounted Duggan and pounded away with multiple closed fists before the referee pulled him off. A "U-S-A" chant erupted as Duggan began to mount a comeback. An Atomic Drop from Duggan had Borders reeling, soon stumbling his way into the arms of Duggan who lifted Borders up and drove him into the mat with a powerslam. This all set up Borders for Duggan's 3-point stance clothesline before Duggan wrapped up the match with the Old Glory kneedrop! Duggan with the cover - One, Two, Three!

WINNER: Jim Duggan by pinfall at 4:09

After the match, Duggan took the American Flag and waved it proudly to the supporting fans. Duggan then took the microphone to dedicate tonight's win to the "men and women of the United States Armed Forces" and thanked them for doing what they do to serve and protect our country.

Duggan's dedication was interrupted as Lord Steven Regal came down to the ring with his loyal subject Earl Robert Eaton. The two Blue Bloods climbed into the ring, with Regal taking a microphone of his own. "What is this nonsense? How absurb is it that you people have so many so-called holiday to support people foolish enough to dedicate their lives fighting for a country as atrocious as the United States of America! Now... I could certainly understand people willing to lay down their lives for someone as royal, majestic, and honorable as The Queen... but there is nothing worth fighting for in this country, that is for sure!"

As the crowd rained down boos on Regal, Duggan took offense and defended the country he was proud to call home - but as Duggan got right in Regal's face - Eaton attacked Duggan from behind with an axe handle which quickly lead to a 2-on-1 attack at the hands of the Blue Bloods. Duggan was sent to the mat where Regal and Eaton began to put the boots to Duggan.

Just when things were looking bad for our patriotic hero, Operation: Desert Storm - Sgt. Craig Pittman and Corporal Cobra rushed down to the ring to make the save! Pittman squared off with Regal as Cobra squared off with Eaton. They unleashed flurries of right hands until both Regal and Eaton were sent out of the ring! With the evil British regiment cleared from the ring, Pittman and Cobra helped Duggan to his feet and lifted up his arms in victory as the three patriots stood tall on Veteran's Day.

After the break, "Mean" Gene Okerlund was standing by with the duo who just made the save for Jim Duggan in the ring, Operation: Desert Storm - who after a few weeks of teetering on the line between face and heel have made the full jump to face. Pittman shouted into the microphone that as two proud members of the US armed forces - he and Cobra were not going to let ANYONE disgrace the name of the people who defend this country nor would he let anyone put this country down. They're here to do their job by protecting and defending - and may God have mercy on the souls of anyone who wants a piece of the good ole' U-S-of-A!

Corporal Cobra added his two cents, spouting off some comments about how he had been told the "British" were our allies - but he didn't trust people like Steven Regal! Cobra called them "pansies" and DARED them to come out and battle in "the sand" - because they wouldn't last two minutes in the desert heat!

CHRIS BENOIT and SABU vs. MAXX MUSCLE and BIG BUBBA ROGERS

Muscle and Rogers clearly had some high expectations to weaken up both Benoit and Sabu for the triangle match at World War 3. Muscle and Rogers at least had the fact that they could work together to their advantage, as Sabu and Benoit clearly were uneasy about teaming together once again. These two bitter rivals have been forced to team together in the past, most recently in a losing effort at Halloween Havoc when they lost to their rivals Eddy Guerrero and Dean Malenko thanks to some miscommunication on Sabu's part. But they have shown in the past when they have common enemies - they will have the other one's back.

In this match, Benoit and Sabu seemed to be working together well early - but Muscle and Rogers proved to have the better teamwork as they would eventually corner Benoit and put the match in their control. Rogers and Muscle used double teams to their advantage at each opening they had - but every pinfall attempt was unsuccessful as either Benoit kicked out or Sabu was there to make the save for his rival to keep the match alive. Benoit would stage a comeback as he fought off Musle with some stiff knife edge chops to back Muscle down before one final big swinging chop that leveled Muscle! This allowed Benoit to make the tag to Sabu as Muscle tagged in Rogers.

Sabu used his speed advantage, ducking Rogers' attacks and taking him down with a spinning heel kick. As Sabu took control of Rogers, Muscle tried to attack Sabu from behind - but Benoit was there to make the save! As Benoit cleared the ring of Muscle, Sabu hit Rogers with the Arabian Piledriver! Sabu hooked Rogers' leg - One, Two, Three!

WINNERS: Chris Benoit and Sabu by pinfall at 7:31

Backstage, we found Disco Inferno walking into the locker room backstage to find Kendall Windham, Chris Kanyon, Mark Starr, Ace Darling, and Joe Polaco standing in a group - all still dressed in the Village People get-up from their Halloween party. Disco seemed confused, "Um guys, Halloween is over, right?" Kanyon, the construction worker, stated that the fans seemed to like it - and it gets them on television - so they decided to keep at it. Disco grinned and nodded his head. "Plus, I really like being a cowboy..." Kendal Windham explained while Joe Polaco nodded along. Disco noticed Joe, "so who are you supposed to be now, G.I. Joe Polaco?"

Disco continued to grin as he gave Joe a pat on the back before mentioning that tonight Men at Work would be taking on Scotty Riggs and V.K. Wallstreet - he wanted to wish them luck and prove to those two "stiffs" that Disco is not Dead!

WCW Hotline: "Mean" Gene Okerlund's voice encouraged us to spend .99/minute to find out the latest news and dirt from the wrestling world. What current champion from another promotion might be in talks with WCW to come play "with the big boys?" Plus, the latest health update on Hulk Hogan! Just call 1-900-909-9900! And kids, be sure to get your parent's permission before calling.

JERRY FLYNN versus SCOTT NORTON (w/Sonny Oono)

Making his in-ring return to WCW action, but this time representing the rival NJPW promotion, Scott Norton looked very impressive against the martial arts expert Jerry Flynn. Schiavone and Rhodes spent most of this short match up discussing how Norton's attack on Sting is what really brought this NJPW invasion into the spotlight in WCW before transitioning into discussing the IWG Heavyweight Title match at World War 3 as The Great Muta would be defending against Johnny B. Badd with the Stinger in his corner.

Back in the ring, Flynn's educated foot work did little to slow the "brickhouse" that is Scott Norton. Norton made short work of Flynn - soon putting him away with his Release Powerbomb for the academic three count.

WINNER: Scott Norton by pinfall in 2:18

After the match, Sonny Oono joined Norton in the ring with a microphone. Oono once again declared war on WCW - saying that what Scott Norton just did to Jerry Flynn would be what the rest of WCW would soon experience. It truly would be "World War 3" for WCW tomorrow night, as the NJPW makes its move to overtake WCW, not just by crushing Johnny B. Badd in the IWGP title match, but by winning the battle royal before taking the ultimate prize in WCW at Starcade - the WCW World Heavyweight Championship!

Oono cackled into the microphone before lifting up Norton's arm in victory.

WCW World War 3 Command Center: In the WCW Studio, "The Professor" Mike Tenay reminded us that tomorrow night was the first annual World War 3. Tenay provided the rules for the first ever World War 3 - the match would start in 3 rings with 30 men in each ring. The rules were simple - you are only eliminated if you are thrown over the top rope and both feet touch the floor. The match would continue in 3 rings until 20 men were left. From there, the match would be combined into one ring. The match would continue with those over-the-top elimination rules until the last man is standing. And that man will be declared the winner and earn a shot at the WCW World Title at WCW's biggest pay-per-view of the year - Starcade in December!

Tenay then gave us a quick rundown of the rest of the card:

-Eddy Guerrero & Dean Malenko versus Ric Flair & Arn Anderson
-Harlem Heat versus The Road Warriors for the WCW World Tag Team Championships
-The Great Muta versus Johnny B. Badd for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship
-Diamond Dallas Page versus Sabu versus Chris Benoit for the WCW Television Championship
-Disco Inferno versus Scotty Riggs

MEN AT WORK versus SCOTTY RIGGS and V.K. WALLSTREET

Riggs and Wallstreet were not pleased as they saw their opponents, Chris Kanyon dressed a construction worker and Mark Starr dressed as a biker. Wallstreet could be overheard calling the duo a "joke." But in the ring, Riggs and Wallstreet quickly found out that this team was not to be taken lightly.

Wallstreet had Riggs doing most of the in ring work, which worked out well early as Riggs was able to use his strength to overpower Kanyon - but soon some quick tags from the face duo allowed them to keep the fresh man in on Riggs, allowing them to take control. Wallstreet was none too pleased by the fact that Riggs was unable to take care of things himself, but took matters into his own hands as he lifted his knee into the back of Starr as he bounced off the ropes. This allowed Riggs to retake control, and lay out Starr with a vertical suplex. With Starr laid out, Wallstreet had no problem asking for the tag from Riggs.

Wallstreet and Riggs took control of Starr - picking up a few nearfalls along the way. With Riggs back in the ring, Starr caught a kick attempt from Riggs before spinning Riggs around and decking him with a clothesline. Starr tagged Kanyon back in who as the fresh man, immediately made an impact on Riggs. Kanyon displayed some impressive offensive maneuvers to Starr - hitting an inverted sitout side powerslam to Riggs that nearly picked up a three count before Wallstreet made the save. Kanyon continued on the attack, laying out Riggs with a swinging neckbreaker before making the tag back to Starr!

Starr began to climb to the top turnbuckle, but Kanyon stopped him! Kanyon grabbed his tape measurer from the ring apron and proceeded to measure the distance from the turnbuckles to where Riggs was laying. Kanyon inspected the numbers, then turned and gave the thumbs up to Starr - who nodded and came flying off the turnbuckle with a flying splash! Starr hooked Riggs' leg - One, Two, Thre...Wallstreet once again broke up the count!

As the referee worked to get Wallstreet out of the ring, Starr began to pull Riggs up - only to have Riggs hit a LOW BLOW to Starr! With that door opened, Riggs made it to the corner and tagged in Wallstreet. Wallstreet wasted no time going to work on Starr and would go for the pin after a standing Samoan drop - but this time it was Kanyon who made the save. Wallstreet complained to the referee about the interference - which lead to the referee warning Kanyon while Riggs entered the ring to double team Starr.

The momentum was back in the favor of the heels...and it looked like Wallstreet was going to put Starr away as he climbed the turnbuckle..but Disco Inferno started to make his way down to the ring, which caught the attention of Wallstreet, who jumped down off the apron. Wallstreet made his way to the ropes and began to shout at Disco before telling Riggs to go after him. Riggs jumped down off the apron and went after Disco - but Disco met him with some right hands! The two exchanged blows while Wallstreet watched on with a smile...but Wallstreet never saw Mark Starr crawling up behind him...and scoring with a ROLL UP! One, Two, Three!

WINNERS: Men At Work by pinfall at 9:48

Riggs had slid into the ring to try and make the save, but was too late! Starr and Kanyon exited the ring as Wallstreet got back up to his feet...Kanyon and Starr joined Disco in the aisle as Disco lifted up the arms in victory to the delight of the fans. As the "Men At Work" celebrated their victory, Wallstreet was busy chewing out Riggs in the ring.

After the break, we found "Mean" Gene Okerlund standing by backstage with WCW United States Champion Sting who was as energetic as ever as he spoke of how excited he was to be preparing Johnny B. Badd for the IWGP Heavyweight Title match at World War 3. Sting said that he promised Sonny Oono and Muta they would regret their sneak attack on the Stinger...payback is a dish that the Stinger enjoys serving most! And tomorrow night, he's going to see to it that The Great Muta does NOT walk out the IWGP Heavyweight Champion!

Sting advised us to tune into the Pre-Show tomorrow night to witness the intense training regiment he went through with Johnny B. Badd this week to prepare hims for the title match! Furthermore, Sting was also excited for the first ever 60 man battle royal...he talked of how there's only one "First" and Sting wants to be not only the FIRST man to win World War 3, but also be the FIRST to win World War 3 and then go on to win the WCW World Title at Starcade! WOOOOO!

MAIN EVENT:
"THE BAD GUY" SCOTT HALL versus THE GIANT (w/"The Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan)

The anticipation was high for this one, as once the bell rang - the two circled each other...Hall trying to find the best moment to make his move...but ultimately this match was not destined to take place...as before the two could even lock up - the duo of Affliction - Wrath and Fury hit the ring - attacking Hall from behind and immediately causing a disqualification.

WINNER: Scott Hall by disqualification in 0:12

It was clear the Dungeon of Doom did not care about the outcome - as The Giant joined in to make it a 3-on-1 assault on The Bad Guy. As the attack continued, Meng slowly made his way down to the ring..."things keep getting worse for Scott Hall!" Schiavone declared as Meng climbed into the ring... but Meng didn't go straight in on the attack to make it 4-on-1... instead he watched on as the attack continued.

The Taskmaster barked orders from ringside, demanding Meng to get involved, but Meng continued to just watch. The Giant turned to Meng and shoved the Tongan, telling him to ATTACK!

Meng snarled...but before we could find out what was going to happen - Sting, Johnny B. Badd, Jim Duggan, Ric Flair, and Arn Anderson stormed the ring to make the save! Meng became involved with battling against the faces in the ring. As Hall began to fight his way back to his feet...the numbers were in the faces favor...until Brian Pillman, Dean Malenko, and Eddy Guerrero joined the mele in the ring - going right after Flair and Anderson.

The ring continued to get more crowded as Chris Benoit, Sabu and The Road Warriors joined the all out brawl in the ring....Tony Schiavone exclaimed that "World War 3" was breaking out early! This was just a SAMPLE of what was to come tomorrow night! Diamond Dallas Page, Big Bubba Rogers, Maxx Muscle, Harlem Heat, and the Blue Bloods stormed down to the ring as well.

The ring was filled with wrestlers battling it out as WCW Saturday Night came to a close.

Last edited:

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG

1678974082247.png

WORLD WAR 3 PREDICTION TEMPLAE

World War 3

60 Man Over The Top Rope Battle Royal
Competitors include basically anyone on the roster you can think of including the people competing on the undercard. The winner gets a World Title shot at Starrcade against champion Randy Savage.

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair & "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson vs. Triple Crown (Dean Malenko & Eddy Guerrero) (w/Brian Pillman)

WCW Tag Team Championship Match: Harlem Heat © vs. The Road Warriors (w/Sister Sherri)

IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: The Great Muta © (w/Sonny Oono) vs. Johnny B. Badd (w/Sting)

WCW Television Championship Triangle Match: Diamond Dallas Page © (w/Big Bubba Rogers) vs. Sabu vs. "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

Disco Inferno vs. Scotty Riggs (w/V.K. Wallstreet)

BONUS:
1. Who will be in the Final Five of WW3?
2. Who will have the most eliminations in World War 3?
3. Who will take the losing fall in the Triangle Match?

Last edited:

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score

View attachment 43748

World War 3

Scott Hall

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair & "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson

WCW Tag Team Championship Match: . The Road Warriors (w/Sister Sherri)

IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: The Great Muta © (w/Sonny Oono)

WCW Television Championship Triangle Match: Diamond Dallas Page © (w/Big Bubba Rogers)

Scotty Riggs (w/V.K. Wallstreet)

BONUS:
1. Scott Hall, Meng, Sting, The Giant, and The Great Muta
2. The Giant
3. Sabu

Reactions: The ScapeDubb

Roy Mustang

Reaction score

World War 3

Scott Hall

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair & "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson vs. Triple Crown (Dean Malenko & Eddy Guerrero) (w/Brian Pillman)

WCW Tag Team Championship Match:
Harlem Heat © vs. The Road Warriors (w/Sister Sherri)

IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match:
The Great Muta © (w/Sonny Oono) vs. Johnny B. Badd (w/Sting)

WCW Television Championship Triangle Match: Diamond Dallas Page © (w/Big Bubba Rogers) vs. Sabu vs. "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

BONUS:

1. Who will be in the Final Five of WW3? Scott Hall, Sting, Meng, The Giant and Hulk Hogan
2. Who will have the most eliminations in World War 3? The Giant
3. Who will take the losing fall in the Triangle Match? Benoit

EZ3

it isn't easy being smart
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
knees2faces
WORLD WAR 3 PREDICTION TEMPLATE

World War 3
Scott Hall

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair & "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson
vs. Triple Crown (Dean Malenko & Eddy Guerrero) (w/Brian Pillman)

WCW Tag Team Championship Match: Harlem Heat © vs. The Road Warriors (w/Sister Sherri)

IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: The Great Muta © (w/Sonny Oono) vs. Johnny B. Badd (w/Sting)

BONUS:
1. Who will be in the Final Five of WW3? Scott Hall, The Giant, Sting, Ric Flair & Meng
3. Who will take the losing fall in the Triangle Match? Sabu

MTK36

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Sports Team
houstonrockets
Favorite Sports Team
zMIREmq
World War 3
Winner: Ric Flair

BONUS:

1. Who will be in the Final Five of WW3? Scott Hall, Ric Flair, Eddy Guerrero, The Giant, Scott Norton

White Rhyno

Reaction score
World War 3
Winner: Scott Hall

BONUS:

1. Who will be in the Final Five of WW3? Scott Hall, Ric Flair, Meng, The Giant, Scott Norton
3. Who will take the losing fall in the Triangle Match? DDP

White Rhyno

Reaction score
Very silly question, but

Did you witness this time period live or did you just research it really well?

You’ve always just had a very innate feel of the time period that I assumed you were my age and watched it live

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Very silly question, but

Did you witness this time period live or did you just research it really well?

You’ve always just had a very innate feel of the time period that I assumed you were my age and watched it live

Glad to know I'm capturing the feel, haha. Thanks for that huge compliment. I actually didn't start watching until Fall of 1996, but I've watched a lot of earlier 90's stuff over the years for both WCW and WWF.

World War 3 will probably go up on Monday/Tuesday-ish, so still time to get in those predictions for anyone who still wants to.

Stojy

Reaction score
WORLD WAR 3 PREDICTION TEMPLATE

World War 3

Hulk Hogan MIRACULOUSLY returns

WCW Tag Team Championship Match: Harlem Heat ©
vs. The Road Warriors (w/Sister Sherri)

BONUS:

1. Who will be in the Final Five of WW3? Scott Hall, Sting, Meng, The Giant and Hulk Hogan
2. Who will have the most eliminations in World War 3? Meng

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
World War 3
Scott Hall - I mean the BTB is based around him, right?

BONUS:
1. Who will be in the Final Five of WW3? - Hall, Giant, Hogan, VADER and Sting
2. Who will have the most eliminations in World War 3? - Giant
3. Who will take the losing fall in the Triangle Match? - Benoit

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
WORLD WAR 3 PRE-SHOW

Eric Bischoff served as host for the 30-minute PPV pre-show. Below are some of the highlights:

"Mean" Gene Okerlund talked with "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright who was with The Diamond Doll about tonight's event. Wright was very excited about the opportunity to take part in the first-ever 60-man battle royal. But truthfully, Okerlund was more interested in Doll and how much longer she thought she and Alex could avoid Diamond Dallas Page and his henchmen. Doll said she was hoping that Dallas would soon realize how much she meant to him...and that he truly does miss her. She said she knew deep down that he does...and she was worried about his match tonight because the two men he was facing were ruthless. She wished him "good luck" and hoped he would be "okay" after the match. Wright seemed slightly annoyed by Doll's attitude towards the man who treats her so poorly, as Wright tried to talk Doll out of watching the match tonight - but Doll stated that she "had" to - for her own sake.

There was a nice little video montage of Sting training Johnny B. Badd both in the ring and in the weight room. In the end, Sting told the camera that at World War 3 - we would see a completely different Johnny B. Badd - he's intense, he's explosive, and he's a BADD, BADD MAN!

The Disco Village
showed its support for Disco Inferno with a "motivational" dance routine.

We also were treated with a vignette of quick promos from some of the 60 men we'd be seeing tonight as they told us why they would be walking out of World War 3 - we saw the likes of The Giant - who proclaimed no one could get a 7-foot, 500-pound man over the top rope, Diamond Dallas Page, who said he had spent "good money" to make sure he wins tonight, "The Bad Guy" Scott Hall - who said the entire reason he "made the jump" to the "land of the big boys" was to get the "big gold belt" and tonight we could score one more for "The Bad Guy", Sabu - who said nothing at all, just stared intensely at the camera before pointing towards the sky, and Brian Pillman - who said that his victory tonight in the World War 3 match would usher in the next generation of WCW.

In the "main event" of the WCW pre-show, The Blue Bloods took on Operation: Desert Storm in a match that came about due to events on WCW Saturday Night - where we had witnessed The Blue Bloods degrading the patriotic "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan on Veteran's Day of all things...but it was the armed forces duo of Sgt. Craig Pittman and Corporal Cobra who made the save. After a hot start by the army squad - a cheap shot from Regal on the outside gave the Blue Bloods the advantage. Regal and Eaton made the superior of the duo their "face-in-peril" as they took turns working over the Sarge. Despite spending most of the match in firm control, a miscue by Eaton saw him accidentally clothesline Regal during a double team attempt, which opened the door for Pittman to make the hot tag to Cobra. Cobra took advantage and soon finished Eaton off with the Cobra Clutch Slam! Cobra made the cover and picked up the three count, giving the victory to Operation: Desert Storm!

As the match wrapped up, the countdown clock at the bottom of the screen ticked to under a minute. Bischoff gave us one final hype job to convince anyone who hadn't already decided to do so to ORDER WORLD WAR 3!

greenbar.png

1679930725751.png

WCW World War 3
November 12, 1995

LIVE from Norfolk, VA

"WAR...HAS BEEN...DECLARED!"

"THE BIGGEST BATTLE ROYAL IN THE HISTORY PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING"

"THIS IS...WORLD...WAR 3!"

greenbar.png

Tony Schiavone and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan welcomed us and thanked us for ordering tonight's huge Pay-Per-View event. Where tonight, 60 men from ALL around the WORLD will declare war on one another... all for a shot at the most prestigious belt in wrestling, the WCW World Heavyweight Championship!

It's 60 men, 3 rings, and tonight there will be just ONE winner! Tony Schiavone declared that the sold-out, capacity crowd was all on their feet for tonight's event and each and every fan in the stands had just ONE thing on their mind... who will walk out tonight with a shot at the WCW World Championship at Starrcade! Bobby Heenan put Tony on the spot and wanted him to pick a winner right then and there... Tony stated that it was hard to pick against a 7-foot, 500-pound wrestling machine...so as much as it pained him to do so, he had to pick The Giant. Heenan said he was going to put his money on a man who has more experience than most of the people in the ring... a man with the wrestling intelligence to win a match like that, and that was "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair.

Schiavoen reminded us that there were more matches tonight than just that huge battle royal...there would be a big IWGP Championship match as The Great Muta defends against Johnny B. Badd, and the tag titles will be on the line as Harlem Heat defends against The Road Warriors, and in a big grudge tag team match, allies turned enemies turned allies once again - Ric Flair and Arn Anderson once again join forces, this time to take on their common enemies in Eddy Guerrero and Dean Malenko!

But first we kick things off with Television Championship action!

WCW TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE © (w/Maxx Muscle & Big Bubba Rogers) versus SABU versus "THE CRIPPLER" CHRIS BENOIT

Before we got underway, Tony Schiavone explained to us the rules of a Triangle Match - there will always just be two men in the ring - similar to a tag team match, you must tag in to be the "legal" man. As champion, DDP had the right to elect to start the match as a legal man or not, and he didn't seem to mind starting the match as a spectator - thus Sabu and Benoit kicked the match off. These two rivals wasted no time locking up and trading maneuvers back and forth. Obviously, no strangers, as Schiavone gave us another run-down of their history - how Benoit once broke Sabu's neck to earn his "Crippler" nickname and how this match came about due to both men trying to one-up the other by winning the WCW Television Championship from Page. Page watched from the corner as these two put on a clinic in the ring. Heenan commented that Page had to love watching these two take it out on one another - then he could just swoop in at the end and get the win!

It looked like Page might do just that, after Sabu laid out Benoit with a Tornado DDT - Sabu began to climb to the top turnbuckle, looking to pull out some sort of high risk maneuver from his arsenal - but Page came over and tagged Sabu on the leg - to which the referee confirmed was a legal tag! Page then SHOVED Sabu off the top turnbuckle - sending Sabu crashing to the floor! Page entered the ring and made the cover - One, Two, Th...KICKOUT by Benoit!

Page looked a bit shocked, and turned around to try and find Sabu to tag him back in - but thanks to himself, Sabu was still laid out at ringside! DDP was forced to stay in the ring and began to pull Benoit up, only to have Benoit fight back with some stiff chops before Benoit took Page by the head and took him to the mat with a snapmare. Benoit unleashed a vicious kick right to DDP's back as he tried to get up. Benoit continued to unleash some ruthless offense on Page as Sabu was slowly pulling himself up back onto the apron. Benoit would lock Page in waist lock to attempt a German Suplex, but Page countered with a pair of back elbows to send Benoit backwards. Page them quickly made it to the corner and tagged in Sabu!

Sabu stared a hole through Page from the apron, but realized he had to get back to work - so he springboarded into the ring - but was CAUGHT out of the air by Benoit who then hit an overhead belly-to-belly suplex to Sabu! Benoit stomped on Sabu as he tried to get back to his feet, but Sabu showed his resilience as he battled his way back into the match...eventually ducking a right hand from Benoit and hitting a bulldog to Benoit to lay out the Canadian. Sabu followed it up with a standing moonsault to go for the pin! One, Two, PAGE broke up the count!

Page quickly exited back out to the apron before Sabu could retaliate. Sabu went back to work on his rival Benoit, but when Sabu attempted to whip Benoit into the ropes, Benoit reversed it - sending Sabu into the ropes. Off the ropes, Benoit caught Sabu and hit a tiltawhirl backbreaker! Benoit pulled himself up and felt the hand of Page slapping across his back as Page tagged himself in!

Benoit reluctantly left the ring as Page picked up where Benoit left off. Page slowly and methodically worked over Sabu - letting Sabu waste his own energy to pull himself up after Page's offense. After Page failed to put Sabu away with a swinging neck breaker and a Russian leg sweep - Page slowed things down even more as he locked in a reverse chinlock to Sabu. Sabu was not about to submit, and Benoit would ultimately enter the ring to break up the hold. Page complained to the referee about Benoit's involvement - which lead to the referee warning Benoit as he put him back in the corner. Meanwhile, Page used that opportunity to toss Sabu to ringside where Muscle and Rogers put the boots to Sabu! As the referee turned back around - Muscle and Rogers backed off as if nothing happened. Page rolled to ringside and pulled Sabu up - rolling him back into the ring. Page climbed to the apron and hit a slingshot elbowdrop onto Sabu! Page with the cover...

One, Two, Thre...KICKOUT by Sabu!

DDP continued on the attack - staying in control until Page lifted Sabu up into a fireman's carry - only to have Sabu counter as he swung around and nailed a DDT to DDP! Both men were down after the move and slow to recover. Both men finally returned to their feet at about the same time, but it was Page who struck first with a pair of right hands before he sent Sabu into the ropes with an Irish Whip! Benoit got the blind tag to Sabu, who came off the ropes and slid between Page's leg. Page turned around into a dropkick from Benoit! Benoit and Sabu teamed up to Irish Whip Page into the corner! Benoit got down on all fours as Sabu charged in and used Benoit as a springboard to hit AIR SABU onto the cornered Page!

Sabu rolled out of the ring as Page stumbled out of the corner into a German Suplex from Benoit! One, Two, Thre...KICKOUT by Page!

Benoit got back up to his feet and went back on the attack, but Page fought back with a jawbreaker to Benoit out of nowhere! Benoit was left staggering as Page slowly tried to pull himself to his feet. Page grabbed the referee, providing a distraction as Muscle and Rogers reached in and tripped Benoit as he tried to run to the ropes! Tired of Page trying to cheat to win, Sabu entered the ring...Sabu ran and leaped onto the recovering Benoit to springboard himself OVER the ropes into a PLANCHA onto Rogers and Muscle at ringside! ALL THREE men hit the ground at ringside!

Page charged in at Benoit, but Benoit DUCKED Page's clothesline and then hit a DRAGON SUPLEX to DDP! Benoit didn't hold the bridge and instead pointed to the top turnbuckle! The crowd got to their feet as Benoit climbed to the top turnbuckle.... DIVING HEADBUTT to Page!

Benoit rolled over and made the cover...

ONE...

TWO..

THREE!

WINNER AND NEW TELEVISION CHAMPION: Chris Benoit by pinfall at 13:03

We have ourselves a new Television Champion! The referee handed Chris Benoit the Television Title, and he lifted it high in the air once he regained his composure in the ring! But before Benoit could celebrate very long - Muscle and Rogers had attacked Benoit from behind as Page was getting to his feet!

Rogers and Muscle each grabbed one of Benoit's arms as Page picked up the Television Title he just lost. Page looked down at it and then at Benoit...just when it looked like Page was going to strike Benoit across the face with the belt...

CRACK!

CHAIRSHOT TO PAGE'S BACK! It was SABU armed with a chair! Muscle and Rogers dropped Benoit, but Sabu was too quick - striking Muscle across the head with a chair shot to lay him out. Sabu then drove the chair into Roger's gut to double him over and then cracked the chair across Big Bubba's back! Sabu then tossed the chair to the mat and rolled out of the ring...

But Sabu wasn't done yet! Sabu threw the ring curtain up and pulled out a table to a big reaction from the crowd. Sabu set the table up at ringside as Page began to roll out of the ring. Page tried to exit through the crowd, but BENOIT was there to stop him! Benoit pulled by the hair before tossing him into the ring steps as Sabu finished setting up the table. Sabu climbed the apron as Benoit pulled Page over to the table. Benoit rolled Page onto the table as Sabu climbed to the top turnbuckle...

FLYING LEGDROP from the turnbuckle THROUGH the table at ringside to Page!

Benoit grinned as he rolled back into the ring and grabbed his new WCW Television Title. He tossed it up in the air to the crowd once more before rolling out of the ring and heading to the back. Sabu slowly pulled himself up from the wreckage and began to head to the back as well.

Maxx Muscle and Big Bubba rolled out to ringside and checked on their boss...when suddenly out came running The Diamond Doll with a look of sincere concern on her face. "They always come running back" Heenan commented. Doll knelt down at the fallen Page, but it was Big Bubba who scooped her up onto his shoulders while Muscle put his head underneath Page's arms to help Page to his feet. Rogers carried Doll off kicking and screaming while Muscle assisted Page to the back.

Tony Schiavone couldn't help but wonder what kind of condition Page would be in for World War 3 tonight!

greenbar.png

We cut to the back where "Mean" Gene Okerlund" had caught up to Scotty Riggs and V.K. Wallstreet as they were making their way towards the ring for the next matchup. Wallstreet proclaimed this was the night everyone would remember that "The Big Riggle" became a star. Picking up his first singles victory in Pay-Per-View action... .tonight, a star was going to be born.

Riggs seemed excited, but expressed his continued concern over the name "The Big Riggle." Wallstreet called Riggs a "poor sport" and told him its a nickname like that that's going to make him an international SENSATION. Riggs said he didn't think anyone would take him seriously. Wallstreet assured Riggs that when he takes care of business in the ring against Disco Inferno tonight, EVERYONE would take him seriously.

greenbar.png

SCOTTY RIGGS (w/V.K. Wallstreet) versus DISCO INFERNO

Disco Inferno had proven to be a thorn in the side of Wallstreet's attempts to market the "new" Scotty Riggs to the masses - what with his infernal "disco" music and partying. Well, tonight Scotty Riggs finally got the opportunity to shut up Disco once and for all in the ring. Disco was his usual fun and francy-free self - dancing his way to ring and at ringside and handing off his "disco shades" to a young child at ringside. Riggs and Wallstreet watched on at Disco's antics in disgust from the ring.

Once the match was underway, Riggs wasted no time wiping the smile off Disco's face as he used his strength to take an early advantage. Riggs showed he could be ruthless in the ring as he stomped on Disco's fingers as Disco struggled to get back to his feet. Riggs continued to show dominance - picking up a pair of nearfalls off of a delayed vertical suplex and a running powerslam - but Disco wasn't going down without a fight as he got his shoulder up after two for both pinfalls. Riggs began to show some frustration as his offense was unable to keep Disco down, but Wallstreet was there to regroup with Riggs in the corner to get his head back in the game. But this brief pep talk provided Disco some recovery time.

Riggs attempted an Irish Whip to Disco, but Disco telegraphed Riggs' backdrop attempt and instead turned it into a swinging neckbreaker! Disco rallied, picking up a nearfall of his own off of an inverted atomic drop followed by a Russian Legsweep. After getting two - Disco went back on the attack, taking Riggs back to the mat with a snapmare before breaking out the "Y-M-C-A" before dropping an elbow across Riggs' sternum. Disco hooked a leg...

One, Two, KICKOUT by Riggs!

Disco's momentum came to a crushing hault as he climbed to the top turnbuckle and came off looking for a flying splash, only to have Riggs get his knees up!

Both men were slow to recover...but as Disco was trying to pull himself up, Riggs leaped up and hit his legdrop bulldog, dubbed by the announce team as "The Big Riggle!"

Riggs immediately made the cover - One, Two, Three!

WINNER: Scotty Riggs by pinfall at 6:13

After the match, V.K. Wallstreet joined Scotty Riggs in the ring - lifting up his arm in victory. Riggs told Wallstreet he wasn't done yet. He took the steel briefcase from Wallstreet and waited as Disco began to pull himself up...and LAID OUT Disco with a shot from the briefcase!

Wallstreet showed his approval as he displayed a big grin while nodding his head. The duo left the ring to scattered boos from the crowd.

greenbar.png

Backstage, "Mean" Gene Okerlund explained to us that he was outside the locker room of now former WCW TV Champion Diamond Dallas Page - Okerlund wanted to get an update on his condition after being put through a table by Sabu. Okerlund knocked on the door, to which the door was answered by The Diamond Doll. Okerlund seemed surprised - changing his question to why she would run back to Page.

"I said earlier... I still care about Dallas. And I couldn't stand seeing him in pain... I knew he needed me right now."

"Is Page going to be able to compete in tonight's Main Event?"

"I... uh... can't really comment on that right now..."

Alex Wright
entered the shot, in a huff. "Doll... what's going on here? You should come back... you're not safe here!"

"Alex, listen, you've been really nice being there for me for the past few weeks. I'm so thankful for you, really I am. But I have to be with Dallas right now."

"But..." Wright tried to appeal, "he's just going to treat you like garbage again by Monday. Don't do this, Doll.."

Before Doll could respond, Big Bubba and Maxx Muscle stepped out from the locker room. "You heard the lady" Bubba said forcefully, "beat it, BOY,"

Wright simply shook his head and headed off screen with dissatisfaction. "Get in here," Bubba told Doll, grabbing her by the arm and pulling her into the locker room. "Interview over!" Muscle said before slamming the door on Okerlund.

greenbar.png

WCW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
THE ROAD WARRIORS (w/Sister Sherri) versus HARLEM HEAT ©

After being dropped unceremoniously by her former clients, the now tag team champion Harlem Heat - Sister Sherri wasted no time seeking out another decorated tag team to manage - finding her new clients in The Road Warriors. She has quickly helped the legendary tag team earn a shot at the WCW Tag Team Championships held by her former clients. Booker T and Stevie Ray were none too pleased by Sherri trying to one-up them - and were looking to show the world that having Sister Sherri in their corner was a mistake for the Road Warriors.

The match opened up with Booker T taking on Hawk for a pairing off of the two smaller men on each team. After finding himself locked in a headlock from Hawk, Booker scurried to grab the ropes to force the referee to pull them apart. Booker used that moment to reach past the referee and land a sucker punch to Hawk. With Hawk caught off-guard, the door was open for Booker to take control - so he did just that. But before the champions could get too comfortable, Hawk came storming out of the corner after Booker had just Irish Whipped him into the turnbuckles, connecting with a charging clothesline to Booker. When Booker got back to his feet, Hawk connected with a well placed dropkick to Booker's chest. Booker rolled to ringside to try and catch his breath, but Hawk followed him right out to the outside.

Booker saw Hawk coming after him and quickly hurried to the opposite side of the ring before rolling back into the ring as Hawk gave chase. As Hawk slid back into the ring, Booker met him with an axhandle across the back - once again catching hawk off guard to try and take control of the match. Booker T worked Hawk against the ropes with some knees to the midsection before whipping him into the ropes. Booker would attempt a backdrop, but Hawk reversed it by grabbing Booker's head and executing a hangman's neckbreaker! Hawk made the tag to his partner....the powerful Animal climbed into the ring as Booker staggered to his feet. Seeing the imposing Animal across the ring, Booker staggered to his own corner, where Stevie Ray wanted in - saying he wanted a piece of Animal. Booker had no problem giving Stevie what he wanted, and tagged in his partner.

Stevie Ray and Animal went nose to nose before locking up - but neither men was able to get an advantage which soon lead to both men exchanging blows until Stevie Ray was able to lift a knee to Animal's midsection and send a clobbering elbow across the back of Animal's head. A pair of hard right hands sent Animal up against the ropes where Stevie continued to work over Animal before sending him into the ropes, scooping Animal up and bodyslamming him to the mat! Ray dropped an elbow across Animal's throat before going for the pin. Animal kicked out after just a one count!

Ray continued on the offensive until he sent Animal into the ropes, only to have Animal duck a clothesline attempt from Stevie Ray - bounce off the ropes and take Ray off his feet with his own powerful clothesline. Ray slowly pulled himself back up only to have Animal forcefully clothesline him back to the mat before tagging Hawk back in.

Hawk picked up where his partner left off - slugging away at a recovering Stevie Ray before locking him in a headlock, only to have Stevie Ray shove Hawk into the ropes, where Booker lifted his knee right into Hawk's back from the apron. This sent Hawk stumbling right into a boot from Ray to double Hawk over before Stevie Ray laid out Hawk with a powerbomb! Harlem Heat took firm control here as they slowed the pace down, making back and forth tags to work over Hawk, who started favoring his back ever since that powerbomb. Booker and Stevie Ray took note and began to target Hawk's back - assaulting Hawk with some vicious stomps and a double suplex from the champions. Through the multiple tags, Booker and Stevie attempted several pinfalls on Hawk, but Hawk kept managing to find the strength to kick out of each attempt while Hawk kept struggling to try and make the hot tag to Animal.

After Stevie Ray made another tag to Booker, the duo whipped Hawk into the ropes - Booker T attempted a Harlem Sidekick, but Hawk ducked! Hawk bounced off the ropes and took Booker down with a diving shoulder tackle! This opened the door for Hawk as he made it to the corner and tagged in Animal!

Animal quickly met Stevie Ray with a powerful clothesline to send Ray out of the ring. Booker staggered to his feet into repeated right hands from Animal. Animal sent Booker into the ropes and then dropped Booker with a big backdrop! Animal pointed to the sky as he pulled Booker up to his feet and lifted him up with a shoulder lift. Animal walked with Booker on his shoulders, tagging Hawk back in as Hawk climbed to the top turnbuckle...but in came Stevie Ray to attack Animal from behind to break up the Doomsday Device attempt! Booker dropped to the mat as Stevie Ray took out Animal with a clothesline!

An irate Sister Sherri climbed the apron, visibly upset about Stevie Ray being involved despite being the illegal man. As the referee attended to Sherri, Hawk came off the top with a FLYING CLOTHESLINE to the recovering Booker T!

Hawk went for the pin...but in came Stevie Ray with one of the tag titles!

Stevie Ray leaped up with the belt, clobbering Hawk across the back of the head with the title belt! Ray rolled out of the ring as Booker rolled on top. "NO! NO! NO!" Sherri screeched as the referee made the count - One, Two, Three!

WINNERS AND STILL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Harlem Heat by pinfall at 14:41

Booker T and Stevie Ray wasted no time taking their tag titles and celebrating their way out of the ring while Animal and Sister Sherri confronted the referee about the blatant cheating by Harlem Heat.

greenbar.png

As the ring cleared from the previous match, the training montage that aired during the pre-show was re-aired here as Sting prepared Johnny B. Badd for the NJPW title match that was up next!

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
JOHNNY B. BADD (w/Sting) versus THE GREAT MUTA (w/Sonny Oono & Scott Norton)

After witnessing the training regiment Johnny B. Badd went through courtesy of the man at ringside, the Stinger, Johnny B. Badd was clearly ready for the biggest match of his career as he tried to take the IWGP Title off of Muta and show that WCW was truly the top wrestling promotion in the world. Having felt cheated after Badd lost to Muta at Fall Brawl - it took a lot of work on Badd's behalf, but he was finally getting his rematch.

Johnny B. Badd showed he came to fight early, getting the upperhand on the Japanese superstar Muta. Even Oono at ringside started to look worried as his champion had seemed to underestimate Badd's chances - which Schiavone clearly stated was a huge mistake when you have Sting in your corner.

Badd sent Muta into the ropes, then leapfrogged Muta as he bounced off the ropes... Muta bounced off the opposite ropes and Badd leapfrogged him once again. Muta bounced off the ropes a third time and this time ran into a tiltawhirl backbreaker from Badd. Pinfall attempted from Badd earned himself a two count over the IWGP champion. Badd wasted no time going back onto the attack, whipping Muta into the ropes once again, but Muta ducked a clothesline attempt from Badd, only to bounce off the ropes again and Muta reversed a tiltawhirl from Badd to hit a head scissors takedown. Both men rolled back to their feet pretty quickly where Muta locked Badd in a headlock only to have Badd escape and snapmare Muta to the mat. Muta was quickly back up once again as the match pace continued to speed up. After multiple counters from both men, Muta found himself on his knees looking up at Badd, who extended his arms as if to welcome the challenge of the IWGP champion.

Muta got to his feet and the duo circled each other in the ring before locking up in a collar and elbow tie up. Badd showed he had some strength in him as well as he backed Muta into the corner where Badd performed an arm wrench before attempting an Irish Whip - only to have Muta reverse it! Muta sent Badd into the corner and charged in...but ran right into a back elbow from Badd! Muta fell to the mat as Badd stepped out onto the apron... SPRINGBOARD LEGDROP from Badd to Muta! Sting was pounding the apron at ringside, excited to see Badd performing so well against the IWGP champion. Badd went for the cover...

ONE! TWO! Shoulder Up!

Badd continued on the offensive until Muta began to fight back with some of his stiff kicks that connected with Badd's midsection - earning Muta some space between himself and Muta. Badd charged back in, only to run into a drop toe hold from Muta - who then quickly bounced off the ropes and dropped a snap elbowdrop down onto Badd.

The match had turned clearly in the champion's favor, as Sting tried to rally the crowd behind Badd from ringside. But Muta continued to pile on the attack in the ring - getting a very close nearfall off of a snap suplex to Badd. Muta showed no frustration as Oono watched approvingly from ringside.

Muta lifted Badd up onto the ropes before taking him down with a rope hung snap swinging neckbreaker! Muta took his time as he sat up on his knees and finally crawled to Badd to roll him over and go for the pin.

ONE! TWO! THREE - NO! Badd just BARELY got his shoulder up!

Heenan was confident that would've been three if Muta hadn't "lollygagged." Muta glared at the referee, suggesting the referee might be counting a bit too slow...but Muta decided to wait as Badd slowly pulled himself up.... Muta went to spray the GREEN MIST, but Badd moved out of the way!

Badd found a second wind as he unleashed a barrage of punches to Muta! Sting could be heard letting out a "WOOO" from ringside as Badd was turning the table in his favor. Badd even showed he had learned a thing or two from Sting as he whipped Muta into the turnbuckles before charging in and leaping into the corner with his own version of a Stinger Splash! Badd whipped Muta into the opposite turnbuckle, and much like Stinger - followed up with a second corner splash!

Muta started to stumble out of the corner, but Badd shove him back into the turnbuckle! Badd lifted Muta up to the top turnbuckle...looking like he was ready to put Muta away with his Badd Day Frankensteiner... but before he could go for the move, Muta began to battle back with some chops! Badd fought back, hitting a pair of left hands to Muta...but Muta continued to fight back until he SHOVED Badd off the top turnbuckle! Badd hit the canvas hard and Muta took advantage...standing up on the turnbuckles...MOONSAULT from Muta!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

NO!

Badd managed to get his shoulder up! Oono was beside himself at ringside, clearly thinking that should've done it.

But Muta wasted no time following up as he locked in his inverted STF submission known as the Muta Lock. The referee checked in on Badd, who was doing everything he could to fight the pain....could he withstain the hold?! Badd did everything he could...but he was trapped in the middle of the ring with nowhere to go...Badd could no longer fight the pain - he tapped out!

WINNER AND STIL IWGP CHAMPION: The Great Muta by submission at 13:18

The camera cut to Sting at ringside, who was clearly disappointed at watching Badd take the loss to Muta. The Great Muta climbed to ringside where Oono handed him the IWGP title and lifted up his arm in victory. The crowd booed as Muta, Oono, and Norton headed to the back. Sting climbed into the ring as Badd was struggling to get to his feet.

Sting lead the crowd in giving Badd a round of applause for his effort. Sting offered a handshake to Badd, but Badd slapped Sting's hand away and rolled out of the ring...

Badd headed up the aisle with his head hung low, clearly not taking the loss very well. Sting stood with his hands on his hips in the ring, watching Badd exit to the back.

greenbar.png

Backstage, "Mean" Gene Okerlund had caught up with the team that were STILL WCW World Tag Team Champions - Harlem Heat. Stevie Ray and Booker were clearly in celebration mode now. "I hate to say I told ya so," Stevie Ray laughed to Okerlund, "BUT I TOLD YOU SO! I warned the Road Warriors that Sister Sherri was just gonna hold them back. That they won't gonna win NOTHIN' with her in their corner. It's no coincidence that we didn't win these belts until AFTER they dropped that useless woman!"

Booker T chimed in that they had, "believe it or not Gene, we got all the respect in the world for what The Road Warriors have accomplished in this business, but listen up suckas... ya'll need to drop her like a bad habbit if you guys wants want to win here in W-C-W!"

"That's right, brotha. Sherri ain't nothin' but a fame-sucka. She wants to latch onto whatever team she thinks can get her to fame and fortune - but brotha, she ain't nothin' but a curse"

Booker T reached over and took his brother by the shoulder, "woah- hold up, hold up a minute here. Maybe we should stop givin' them ideas. Because, after all, as long as she's on their side.. we got NOTHIN' to worry about. Dig it?"

Stevie Ray gave a nod to his brother, "Oh yeah, I dig that." Stevie Ray agreed as they wrapped up the interview.

greenbar.png

EDDY GUERRERO and DEAN MALENKO (w/Brian Pillman) versus "THE NATURE BOY" RIC FLAIR and "THE ENFORCER" ARN ANDERSON

After both Flair and Guerrero were subjects of attacks at the hand of Brian Pillman, Pillman revealed an alliance with Eddy Guerrero and Dean Malenko - forming the Triple Crown as the trio planned to "revolutionize" the industry - while making legends such as Flair and Anderson their first victims. While Flair and Anderson had the veteran experience in their favor, the numbers game was clearly in the favor of the youth with Brian Pillman at ringside.

The match started with Guerrero and Flair as the legal men - but we got off to a slower than expected start as Guerrero seemed hesitant to match up with the multi-time World Champion... and would duck away from each grapple attempt Flair went for. With barely any action going in the match, Guerrero asked for a "time out" to regroup in the corner with Malenko - as well as Pillman who climbed the apron to huddle with his group. Flair complained to the referee - but as the referee stepped into the huddle - Guerrero seemed ready to fight.

After all the stalling, Guerrero decided he wanted to do a "test of strength" with Flair, who had no problem answering the challenging. After some back and forth, Flair began to squeeze Guerrero's hands with all his might, sending Guerrero to his knees. Guerrero fought his way to his feet, and broke the strength test by stomping on Flair's feet. This quickly escalated into a shoving match between the two, which saw Flair shove Guerrero right off his feet to the mat. Guerrero was right back to his feet, but Guerrero seemed out of sorts as he accidentally shoved referee Randy Anderson instead - who responded back by shoving Guerrero! A caught off guard Guerrero stumbled right into a hard right hand from Flair that decked Guerrero to the mat!

Guerrero quickly escaped to ringside before Flair could go back on the attack - as Malenko jumped down off the apron and the Triple Crown trio once again converged on the floor. Back in the ring, Flair and Arn were up in arms about the heels' stall tactics.

Randy Anderson performed the ten count on Guerrero, but at about seven, Guerrero slowly climbed back onto the apron and re-entered the ring...before he turned and tagged in Dean Malenko! Malenko entered as Flair seemed ready to finally get some action...the two circled the ring before locking up in a collar and elbow tie-up. With a go-behind, Dean locked Flair in a waist lock, but Flair fought against Malenko so he was unable to lift him off the ground - so Malenko responded by dropping to the mat and rolling up Flair in a schoolboy! One, kickout by Flair!

Flair was quick back to his feet as Malenko pointed to his head, suggesting he had outsmarted the Nature Boy. Flair gave a sly grin before moving back in for another lockup, but this time it was Flair who ducked and performed a go-behind on Malenko, wrapping him a waistlock before dropping down and pulling Malenko's legs out from under him! Flair then quickly dropped and elbow to Malenko's back before he could recover! Flair stayed all over Malenko - not letting the man of 1,000 holds get to utilize any of them - before Flair made the tag to Arn.

Arn came in as Malenko was struggling to get to his feet...Anderson came in and quickly tied up Malenko in a wristlock, but Malenko was able to battle his way out of the hold, reversing it into a wristlock of his own onto Anderson! But Anderson in turn re-reversed it, and sent Malenko to the mat face first while holding in the submission hold. Malenko fought his way back to his feet and with a legsweep, knocked Anderson back onto his back before Malenko took Anderson by the leg and drove his elbow down onto Anderson's inner leg before holding it into a leg lock submission. Anderson and Malenko traded submissions back and forth as Anderson would soon reverse Malenko into locking Malenko up in a half Boston crab. Malenko fought and clawed his way to the ropes to break up the submission.

Anderson stood off to the side as he waited for Malenko to pull himself up using the ropes... The Enforcer moved in and whipped Malenko into the turnbuckles before following him an unloading several hard shoulder thrusts to Malenko's midsection. The technically savvy veterans of Flair and Anderson seemed to have the Triple Crown duo in trouble as they took control of the match. Anderson brought Flair back into the ring who picked up where his partner left off - hitting some stiff chops to Malenko as he staggered back to his feet. As Flair looked to continue to control the offense for his team, he sent Malenko into the ropes where Guerrero scored the blind tag. After Flair laid out Malenko with a clothesline, he turned around and received a flying clothesline from Guerrero!

Flair rolled back to his feet, but Guerrero's speed was able to allow him to strike before Flair could respond, hitting a pair of hard right hands to Flair before attempting an Irish Whip, only to have Flair reverse it! Flair sent Guerrero into the ropes, but Guerrero leapfrogged Flair before dropping Flair with a dropkick. Guerrero would earn a nearfall after he stepped onto the apron before slingshotting himself back into the ring with senton to Flair - but Flair would get his shoulder up. Guerrero and Malenko began to take turns working over the Nature Boy - who was in clear need of getting the tag to the fresher man in Anderson, but Guerrero and Malenko were doing a superb job in cutting the ring off to keep Flair from making that tag.

With the crowd behind him, Flair fought his way back against a Dean Malenko kneebar... making it to the ropes to break the hold. Flair pulled himself up using the ropes, and as Malenko moved in - Flair fought him off with some of his signature knife-edge chops to send Malenko stumbling backward. Just when it looked like Flair was opening the door for the tag to Anderson, Pillman jumped to the apron to distract Randy Anderson. This allowed the illegal man Guerrero to come in and attack Flair from behind just as he was about to make it to his own corner! As Pillman got down off the apron - Anderson was charging into the ring to help his partner, outraged over the cheap move by the Triple Crown - but the referee stopped Anderson and took him back to the corner - which allowed for a double team stomping by Malenko and Guerrero to the Nature Boy. Guerrero left the ring before Randy Anderson turned around - where he found Malenko pulling Flair back to the center of the ring to lock in the Texas Cloverleaf!

The referee checked in on Flair, who furiously shook his head "NO" when asked if he was going to submit. The crowd continued to rally behind Flair as he pulled himself up onto his arms and made his way to the ropes inch by inch before finally grabbing the bottom rope to break the hold. Malenko struggled to pull Flair back to the center of the ring by his legs, but when he tried to lock on the Texas Cloverleaf again, Flair kicked him off! Malenko fell backwards into his corner where Guerrero made the tag.

Guerrero quickly made the attack to Flair as he was getting up, locking him in a front face lock before lifting Flair up in a vertical suplex. Just as the door had opened for Flair, Guerrero had quickly shut it. After laying out Flair with a brainbuster - Guerrero pointed to the top turnbuckle as the crowd met him with boos. Guerrero took his time climbing to the top turnbuckle - but when he came off with the Frog Splash... Flair rolled out of the way! Guerrero hit the canvas HARD!

Both men were down...and both men began to crawl to the corners... Flair finally got the tag to Anderson as Guerrero got the tag to Malenko! Malenko rushed in, but was met with some hard right hands before Anderson gave Malenko a boot to the midsection and dropped him with a DDT! Guerrero tried to help out his partner, but Anderson soon had him lifted up and dropped him to the mat with a Gourdbuster!

Guerrero rolled out of the ring to the floor as Anderson snapmared Malenko to the mat once again and then hit a well placed kneedrop to Malenko. Pillman was clearly concerned at ringside as the momentum had clearly swung back in favor of their rivals...back in the ring, Anderson sent Malenko into the ropes and... SPINEBUSTER from Anderson!

The crowd was on their feet as Anderson looked to Flair at ringside and tagged him in! Flair strutted his way into the ring before grabbing Malenko's legs...Flair stepped over and tied up Malenko's legs - locking him in the Figure Four!

Pillman was livid at ringside, trying to help Guerrero up to get him back in the ring...Pillman helped him up and rolled him into the ring...

Guerrero stumbled up to the apron, and began to dive trough the ropes...

HE WAS TOO LATE!

MALENKO TAPPED!

WINNERS: Ric Flair and Arn Anderson by submission at 18:35

As the bell rung, Guerrero leaped onto Flair before he could free himself from Malenko - Guerrero unleashed a wild array of punches to Flair before Anderson pulled Guerrero off of him. Anderson shoved Guerrero to the mat with enough force to send Guerrero rolling out of the ring...but Anderson did not see Pillman sneaking in from behind! Pillman attacked Anderson from behind, but Anderson battled right back against Pillman! Anderson reversed an Irish Whip from Pillman to send him into the ropes, looking for the Spinebuster...but Pillman stopped his own momentum by grabbing the ropes. Pillman flipped himself out of the ring to avoid any Spinebuster in his future. Pillman and Guerrero helped pull Malenko from the ring and the trio kept their eyes locked on the ring where Anderson and Flair stood victorious tonight.

greenbar.png

1679937399122.png

WCW STARRCADE '95
December 17, 1995

"THE BIGGEST NIGHT OF THE YEAR IN PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING!"

"A night where all the Stars come out"

"And Stars WILL be made!"

greenbar.png

After the promo aired, we found "Mean" Gene Okerlund standing in the middle of the middle ring. Okerlund put over Starcade and how at that event, the winner of the upcoming 60 man battle royal would face...THIS MAN..."The Macho Man" Randy Savage!

The crowd was all boos as Randy Savage made his way down to the ring with "The Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan by his side. The duo ignored the loud boos from the crowd and they soon joined Okerlund in the ring. Okerlund wanted to get Savage's thoughts on the first-ever 60-man battle royal and who he thinks will walk out with a shot at his title.

"That seeeeeeems to be the question of the hour! What does THE MAAAAACCHOOOO MAN think about World War 3? Oooh yeah, well let me tell ya... it's gonna be CHAOS... EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF... we're gonna see people getting STABBED IN THE BACK... CUTTING EACH OTHER'S THROATS... ALL FOR A SHOT AT THIS..." Savage lifted up the WCW World Heavyweight Title. "It's barbaric. It's brutal. It's... AND I LOVE IT. OOOOOH YEAH! That's what brought me to the Dungeon! That's what the Dungeon is ALL ABOUT!"

"And that's EXACTLY WHY it doesn't matter who wins tonight! I may be the NEW SAVIOR OF WCW... but I don't have the power to predict the future... but he knows one thing... he hate to be standing across the ring from the MONSTERS OF THE DUNGEON! Yyyyeeeahhh! Like who can possibly get a seven foot FREAK OF NATURE like THE GIANT over the top rope! Who wants to share with someone as BARBARIC as the lunatic MENG?! And that's before we even bring up our newest indestrubile forces... THE AFFLICTION! The way I see it... there's no way the Dungeon DOESN'T WIN tonight! And that's why I'm REAL GLAD their on... my team... OOOHHHHH YYEEAAHHHH!"

"But here's the thing... it doesn't matter who wins tonight. The end result will be the same. I SOLD MY SOUL TO THE DEVIL TO GET THIS TITLE, oh yeah.... and I'm not... about to let... ANYONE TAKE IT FROM ME! They say whoever wins tonight will need heart... spirit... determination...And whoever wins tonight... enjoy the brief moment of celebration... because it will be fleeting. Ohhh yeaah, because I HAVE NO HEART. Did you see what I did to my so-called BEST FRIEND HULK HOGAN? Do I feel sorry for what I did? DO I REGRET MY ACTIONS? Oooh no... The Macho MAn has no remorse. And I will take no pity on whoever wins tonight. Enjoy it while it lasts... because... the road to Starrcade... GOES STRAIGHT... THROUGH... HELL!

The Taskmaster simply nodded with his usual sadistic grin on his face before the duo left the ring.

greenbar.png

The time had finally come - the 60 men began to file out to the ring one by one as if marching into war. Tony Schiavone said that there would be so much action that it was more than just two men could call. At ringside, another announce booth had been set up with Eric Bishoff and Steve "Mongo" McMichael to help Schiavone and Heenan catch some of the action that they might miss.

RING ONE
Alex Wright, Booker T, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Dick Slater, Eddy Guerrero, Hawk, Kendall Windham, Mark Starr, Meng, Ric Flair, Scott Norton, The Belfast Brawler, Stevie Ray, The Great Muta, The Zodiac, Jushin Liger, Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker, Paul Orndorff, Mike Enos

In ring 1, we found that teammates from the Triple Crown - Eddy Guerrero and Dean Malenko found the luck of the draw in their favor as they ended up together. As did tag team champions - Booker T and Stevie Ray who were lucky to escape with their titles earlier in the night. One half of the challengers from earlier in the night, Hawk, was not quite as lucky - finding himself without an ally in the early round of World War 3. Other "allies" inside ring 1 included Kendall Windham and Mark Starr who have formed a "bond" with their "Village People" get-up, the NJPW contingent of Muta, Liger, and Scott Norton, and Dungeon of Doom representatives Meng and The Zodiac. Although during the match, Meng seemed to have no interest in assisting his teammate. Bischoff noted that while it will probably help to have allies in this portion of the match, there will come a point where they will have to throw allegiances aside and it will become "every man for himself."

The first man eliminated from the ring came in the form of Mike Enos who was quickly dumped near the start of the match thanks to Scott Norton. Norton got a couple of quick eliminations as he also would give The Belfast Brawler an early elimination.

More storylines from ring 1 included Harlem Heat's teamwork as they kept each other from being eliminated while also teaming up to eliminate Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker. Guerrero and Malenko's teamwork also paid off, as attempts by Benoit to send either man out of the ring would be blocked by the other. Meng also showed some strength during the match - as few people were able to slow the Tongan down as the match wore on. Among Meng's victims were Paul Orndorff and "Cowboy" Kendall Windham - who fell out of the ring after being struck in the throat by one of Meng's viscious Tongan throat thrusts.

With Scott Norton and Jush Liger in the same ring with him, The Great Muta faced no real threats of being eliminated during this stage of the action. The closest Muta came to being eliminated came at the hands of Meng - but Scott Norton quickly put a stop to that - leading to a face off between the brickhouse that is Scott Norton and the Tongan Warrior of Meng. Neither men backed down as Meng threw some stiff chops at Norton's massive chest while Norton fired some right hands to Meng's thick skull...while it proved to be an impressive showdown, it wouldn't lead to any eliminations and they soon moved on to other targets. Just a tease of things we might see in the future!

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair became a big target for Malenko and Guerrero during this first stage of World War 3... but Flair found himself an ally in the form of Chris Benoit - who showed up to make the save just when it looked like Guerrero and Malenko had Flair eliminated. The Zodiac and Scott Norton interrupted their brawl as Zodiac went after Flair and Norton went after Benoit - ultimately this led to Flair eliminating The Zodiac before Flair came to assist Benoit - helping Benoit eliminate Scott Norton!

Hawk
found himself on the wrong end of a double team from Harlem Heat for most of these early portions - but Hawk rallied back from the double team and unleashed some hard right hands to both men. Hawk knocked Booker T down with a clothesline before he was able to shock the tag champs as he sent Stevie Ray out of the ring with a clothesline! But Hawk's triump was short-lived, because Booker T would avenge his brother's elimination - hitting the Harlem Sidekick to Hawk, sending him over the top rope!

Elsewhere in the match, Alex Wright managed to hang out multiple times, nearly being eliminated by Guerrero & Malenko as well as by Meng and Scott Norton at seperate instances... but Wright eached time managed to hang on for dear life and would end up surviving and advancing just by... well, surviving.

The final elimination before the match would condense to one ring was when Meng backdropped a charging Jushin Liger over the top rope to the floor.

Eddy Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Booker T, Ric Flair, Meng, The Great Muta, Alex Wright

1. Mike Enos by Scott Norton
2. Dick Slater by The Great Muta
3. The Belfast Brawler by Scott Norton
4. Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker by Booker T & Stevie Ray
5. Kendall Windham by Meng
6. Mark Starr by Eddy Guerrero & Dean Malenko
7. Paul Orndorff by Meng
8. The Zodiac by Ric Flair
9. Scott Norton by Chris Benoit & Ric Flair
10. Stevie Ray by Hawk
11. Hawk by Booker T
12. Jushin Liger by Meng

RING TWO
Animal, Brian Pillman, Chris Kanyon, Devon Storm, Disco Inferno, Fury, Jim Duggan, Kensuke Sasaki, Masahiro Chono, Bill DeMott, Sabu, Scotty Riggs, Sting, The Renegade, Too Cold Scorpio, Arn Anderson, Larry Zybysko, Black Magic, Sugar Ray Lloyd, Koji Kanemoto

The big draw in ring two, of course, as WCW United States Champion Sting - who Tony Schiavone called a clear favorite to walk out victorious tonight. But the New Japan representatives in ring two, which included Masahiro Chono, Kensuke Sasaki, and for the first time Koji Kanemoto, had their eyes set right on the Stinger, looking to eliminate him before the rings consolidated. Among the other big names in ring two included "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson who was looking to focus a lot of his attention during these early stages on Brian Pillman, - as well as former WCW Television Champion The Renegade, a fresh off a loss in the Television Championship match Sabu, and a returning to WCW action - former tag team champion Too Cold Scorpio. Ring two even featured a surprise appearance by "The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko - who was looking to get back into some in-ring action and maybe even earn himself a title shot at Starrcade! "Wouldn't that just beat all?" Tony Schiavone wondered aloud!

The early moments of the match saw Black Magic dumped quickly from the ring by the frantic hands of The Renegade. Chono & Sasaki demonstrated that they would be a force to reckon with in ring two thanks to their team work - and made a statement early as they worked together to send the big man Bill DeMott over the top rope. Meanwhile, Devon Storm demonstrated just why battle royal's can be dangerous for a high flyer like himself... he made the foolish mistake of trying to go to the top rope, only to have Arn Anderson push him down to the apron before knocking him off the apron to the floor with a stiff left hand.

Having been seperated in two different rings from his Affliction teammate, Fury was showing that he could be dominant all by himself. The big man from the Dungeon of Doom had literally no teammates in ring two, but still put on an impressive performance as Disco Inferno and Chris Kanyon attempted to double team Fury to get him out of the ring - they wouldn't have much luck as Fury would use his power to battle back and ultimately it was Chris Kanyon who got the raw end of the deal - being sent out of the ring courtesy of a big boot from Fury. Kanyon would not be Fury's only elimination at this stage...as despite a valiant effort from the returning Too Cold Scorpio - his battle with Fury ended in disaster for him as he was clotheslined over the top rope to the floor! The Renegade thought he could stand a better shot against the Dungeon member - and in fact the former TV champ did put up a good battle in the corner as he tried to match Fury's power...but Renegade became a little too overzealous and when he charged in to a corner Fury, Fury lifted Renegade up over the top rope with a backdrop that sent Renegade out to the apron and subsequently - the floor.

Another subplot to ring two was a bit of a continuation from a match earlier in the evening - as Disco Inferno constantly would find himself paired in the ring up against Scotty Riggs. Disco looked eager to avenge his loss earlier in the night by eliminating Riggs, while Riggs was looking to do more than just beat Disco once...but to be the reason he would not be fighting for a title shot at Starrcade. Despite multiple attempts by both men - ultimately neither man would play a roll in the elimination of the other...however, Riggs did manage to beat Disco down into the corner before adding some insult by spitting right on the fallen Disco. This caught the attention of Larry Zbyszko, who came over and pulled Riggs aside - calling him out on his lack of respect. Riggs seemed uninterested in the what the Living Legend had to say, and shoved the veteran with both hands before turning his attention back to Disco. "Bad move!" Heenan commented, and sure enough, it was definitely a bad mood - as Larry Zbyszko responded by spinning Riggs back around and surprising the younger wrestler with some stiff chops before CLOTHESLINING Riggs out of the ring! Riggs nearly lost it at ringside, but he had the last laugh as he tripped up Zbyszko by reaching in and grabbing his boot - which provided enough distraction for Brian Pillman to hit a dropkick to Zbyszko's back that sent Zbyszko over the top rope to the floor as well!

Masahiro Chono and Kensuke Sasaki
continued to work together with their NJPW teammate Koji Kanemoto to triple team Sting - though Sting did find an ally in the form of "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan - who began to fight by Sting's side. The duo overcame a three on two disadvantage, and soon the sides were evened in their battle when Sting tossed Koji over the top rope to the floor! Sting and Duggan continued to battle the New Japan duo of Chono and Sasaki - having each other's back until Sting was taken out by a Kenka Kick from Chono, allowing Chono and Sasaki to work together on Duggan. Duggan nearly had Sasaki over the top rope when Chono attacked him from behind and then sent Duggan himself over the top rope to the floor!

With Sting being down his biggest ally, he struggled to fend off both Chono and Sasaki...Sting was in serious trouble late in this stage as Chono and Sasaki cornered him and unloaded stiff blows to the Stinger before they began their attempt to dump the US Champion over the top rope...but the kicker here was a recently eliminated from ring one - Scott Norton was making his way back by ring two to leave the ringside area....decided to help out his New Japan teammates.. Norton reached up and grabbed Sting's arm from in the ring - helping pull Sting over the top rope to give Chono and Sasaki the momentum they needed to finish dumping Sting over the top rope to the floor!

In what was a huge surprise, Sting became the final elimination before the ring's consolidated!

Arn Anderson, Masahiro Chono, Kensuke Sasaki, Brian Pillman, Sabu, Animal, Disco Inferno, Fury

1. Black Magic by The Renegade
2. Bill DeMott by Chono & Sasaki
3. Sugar Ray Lloyd by Sabu
4. Devon Storm by Arn Anderson
5. Chris Kanyon by Fury
6. Koji Kanemoto by Sting
7. Jim Duggan by Masahiro Chono
8. Too Cold Scorpio by Fury
9. The Renegade by Fury
10. Scotty Riggs by Larry Zybysko
11. Larry Zybysko by Brian Pillman
12. Sting by Chono & Sasaki with assistance from Scott Norton at ringside

RING THREE
Big Bubba Rogers, Bunkhouse Bunk, Corporal Cobra, Diamond Dallas Page, Earl Robert Eaton, G.I. Joe Polaco, Johnny B. Badd, Lord Steven Regal, Maxx Muscle, Officer Ace Darling, Scott Hall, Sgt. Craig Pittman, The Giant, The Shark, Wrath, Jerry Flynn, Lt. James Earl Wright, Mr. JL

There were a couple big attractions in ring three - none bigger (literally) than the man towering over the competition, the seven-foot, five-hundred-pound Giant - who pretty much carved up the competition in this ring. One of The Giant's biggest threats in the entire competition joined him in ring three in "The Bad Guy" Scott Hall while also being joined by a couple of his Dungeon teammates in The Shark and Wrath. After being put through a table earlier in the evening, Diamond Dallas Page was clearly not 100% with his ribs taped up - but he had some kind of amazing luck to have both Maxx Muscle and Big Bubba in the same ring as him. The Blue Bloods and Operation: Desert Storm found some luck as well, being paired with their partners.

The Giant wasted no time clearing the ring of competitors - as Lt. James Earl Wright and Scott Borders attacked him from the opening bell - and both were very quickly dispatched by the seven-footer. Super Calo, Ace Darling, and Jerry Flynn all became victims of The Giant in the early portions of the enormous battle royal. Given his size and strength - it was clear from very early that it was going to take a Herculean effort to get The Giant over the top rope...and while we saw Scott Hall do it with the assist of his gold chains on WCW Saturday Night...this was when it counts, and it might take more than a gold chain to get this man out of the ring.

We saw plenty of teamwork going on in this ring - as the Blue Bloods, Operation: Desert Storm, and Page's bodyguard duo of Muscle and Rogers used their strength in numbers to help their cause. Page himself definitely needed Muscle and Rogers there, as he was clearly in not much shape to even be in this match. But every time it looked like Page was on the verge of elimination - either Muscle, Rogers, or both were there to make the save.

Not surprisingly, Scott Hall was a big target for Dungeon of Doom members - specifically the oversized Shark - who worked hard to wear down Hall in the corner before trying to dump him out of the ring. Shark managed to get Hall over the top rope, but Hall landed on the apron. Shark began using his leg to try and push Hall off the apron - but a dropkick from Mr. JL to Shark's back sent Shark into the ropes. Shark turned his attention to Mr. JL, laying him out with a headbutt - which allowed to Hall to roll back into the ring. When Shark turned back around he walked into some hard right hands from Hall as Hall rallied and worked Shark into the ropes...and a DISCUS CLOTHESLINE sent Shark over the top rope to the floor!

Speaking of Mr. JL - he proved to be a tough out in this battle royal - using his speed and a little bit of cunning to keep himself alive. He constantly found himself being tossed over the ropes, but he would manage to hang onto the ropes to pull himself back in each time. No one certainly expected this cruiserweight to survive the opening portion - especially in a ring with The Giant - but he kept hanging in there. Meanwhile, Johnny B. Badd was attempting to eliminate DDP from the battle royal... but when he went to clothesline Page out of the ring, Maxx Muscle shoved Page out of the way and took the clothesline himself! Muscle tumbled over the top rope to the floor! While DDP was still alive for now - he was down one bodyguard.

Elsewhere, Operation: Desert Storm were making it a mission of their own to take on the Dungeon - as they battled it out with the big man Wrath. The monster tried to take on both men, but the strength in numbers paid off as Cobra and Pittman sent Wrath over the top rope with a double clothesline! Eliminating one member of the Dungeon seemed to give them the idea that they could take on The Giant - but this proved to be a bad idea all around. Their double team didn't even seem to phase the big man, and The Giant laid out out both men with a couple hard punches. The Giant lifted Cobra up by his throat...and CHOKESLAMMED him over the top rope to the apron! Cobra fell to the floor to be eliminated. Pittman tried to avenge his subordinate - hitting him hard punches to The Giant, but Giant shrugged them off and lifted his knee into Pittman's midsection. The Giant took Pittman by the head and tossed him over the top rope to the floor!

The determined Mr. JL found himself in position to eliminate the former United States Champion Diamond Dallas Page, but Big Bubba attacked Mr. JL from behind. Rogers overpowered Mr. JL and soon had the masked man set up for a powerbomb...and then charged with Mr. JL to powerbomb him OUT of the ring, but Mr. JL reversed it into a headscissors takedown that sent Rogers over the top rope to the floor! Our announce team was in shock as Mr. JL landed on the apron and rolled back into the ring to safety as DDP was left without any of his bodyguards!

Meanwhile, The Blue Bloods were working together to try and eliminate Scott Hall, but when Eaton came charging in, Hall ducked and backdropped Eaton over the top rope to the floor! As Hall watched Eaton hit the ground, Regal charged in to try and take advantage, but Hall sidestepped Regal and sent him over the top rope to the floor as well!

The final elimination before the rings consolidated saw Johnny B Badd take to the top turnbuckle...Badd flew off the top with a flying crossbody at The Giant - but The Giant caught him in midair! Giant lifted Badd up onto his shoulder before walking with him to the ropes and tossing him over the top rope to the floor!

The attrition in ring three proved to be the biggest, mainly thanks to The Giant - as once the smoke cleared and the rings were ready to become one - there were just four men left...The Giant, Scott Hall, a completely exhausted Diamond Dallas Page, and a very surprising Mr. JL.

Diamond Dallas Page, Scott Hall, The Giant, Mr. JL

1. Lt. James Earl Wright by The Giant
2. Scott Borders by The Giant
3. Super Calo by The Giant
4. Officer Ace Darling by The Giant
5. Jerry Flynn by The Giant
6. Bunkhouse Bunk by G.I. Joe Polaco
7. G.I. Joe Polaco by The Giant
8. The Shark by Scott Hall
9. Maxx Muscle by Johnny B. Badd
10. Wrath by Pittman and Cobra
11. Corporal Cobra by The Giant
12. Sgt. Craig Pittman by The Giant
13. Big Bubba Rogers by Mr. JL
14 . Earl Robert Eaton by Scott Hall
15. Lord Steven Regal by Scott Hall
16. Johnny B. Badd by The Giant
FINAL RING
Eddy Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Booker T, Ric Flair, Meng, Muta, Alex Wright, Arn Anderson, Masahiro Chono, Kensuke Sasaki, Brian Pillman, Sabu, Animal, Disco Inferno, Fury, Diamond Dallas Page, Scott Hall, The Giant, Mr. JL

The final 20 men converged into the center ring...the 20 men wasted no time as the referee signaled action could continue...and not too long after the match started, we saw a common theme continue - and that was The Giant's dominance as he sent Disco Inferno packing over the top rope. Meanwhile, we saw the continuation of the Harlem Heat/Road Warrior feud, after surviving their respective rings - the two surviving members of their teams - Booker T and Animal began to do battle...but it was the stronger Animal who got the upperhand on Booker T and soon sent the tag team champion over the top rope to the floor!

Immediately after eliminating Booker T, Animal was blindsided by the NJPW duo of Masahiro Chono and Kensuke Sasaki. The double team continued until they got Animal in the corner and began trying to eliminate him. Animal put up a valiant effort to battle back, and rallied his way out of the corner with a flurry of punches. Animal completed his comeback by sending Sasaki over the top with a clothesline! But Chono attacked Animal from behind right away and began trying to dump him over the top rope. Animal continued to fight with all his might to hang onto the ropes...but as Chono was trying to dump Animal out of the ring, Fury approached both men from behind and used his own strength and power to dump both Chono and Animal over the top rope to the floor!

After surviving from ring three, Diamond Dallas Page looked like he was a dead man standing - especially now not having his bodyguards to keep him alive. This was the moment "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright had been looking for, as he took advantage of the situation and scored with a dropkick to DDP as he leaned against the ropes - trying to hold himself up. The dropkick sent Page over the top rope to the floor! Unfortunately, Wright spent a little too much time enjoying the experience of eliminating Page, that he never saw The Giant coming. The Giant grabbed Wright from behind and effortlessly tossed the smaller man over the top rope to the floor!

Elsewhere, it was no shocker that the three members of Triple Crown - Pillman, Guerrero, and Malenko had their efforts in the battle royal focused on the veteran duo of Ric Flair and Arn Anderson. As Flair was being choked across the middle ring rope by Pillman, Anderson found himself in the hands of a double team by Guerrero and Malenko. With Flair unable to make the save, Anderson was soon sent over the top rope by both Guerrero and Malenko!

With Anderson gone, Malenko and Guerrero turned their attention to Flair as it became a triple team...that is until Chris Benoit and Sabu interrupted! Benoit took on Pillman - breaking up the chokehold while Sabu had his hands full with both Malenko and Guerrero until Flair was back to his feet. Flair broke up that double team by spinning Malenko around and lighting up his chest with a stiff knife-edge chop. After sending Sabu to the mat, Guerrero walked into a chop of his own from Flair that sent Guerrero into the ropes...another stiff chop from Flair actually sent Guerrero over the top rope to the floor!

Malenko attacked Flair from behind, but in came Chris Benoit, who made the save for Flair and sent Malenko over the top rop to the floor to join his partner, Guerrero! After making the save for Flair, Benoit was caught by complete surprise as Sabu came flying in with a spinning heel kick that sent Benoit over the top rope to the floor! New TV Champion Benoit had been eliminated by Sabu!

With the elimination of Benoit, we were down to nine men. Surprisingly, Mr. JL had managed to last this long...though he had spent the majority of the top 20 being the whipping boy at the hands of the likes of The Great Muta and Fury. Muta would attempt a back suplex to Mr. JL, only to have JL land on his feet behind Muta. JL locked Muta in a waistlock and charged with Muta towards the ropes where he reached down and scooped Muta up, sending him over the top rope - but Muta landed on the apron! Mr. JL backed up and came charging in looking for possibly a baseball slide to Muta to send him off the apron, but as he bounced off the ropes - he ran into a BIG BOOT from The Giant! Mr. JL's impressive run in World War 3 came to an end when The Giant picked him up into a Gorilla Press and tossed him over the top rope to the floor!

Meanwhile, Scott Hall had his hands full with the Dungeon duo of Meng and Fury - but he found an unlikely ally in Ric Flair who attacked Fury from behind with a chopblock! Fury dropped to the mat as Flair and Hall sent Meng into the ropes with a Double Irish Whip and then hit a double backdrop to Meng in the middle of the ring. Flair and Hall turned their attention to Fury as he got back to his feet. The duo backed Fury into the ropes with a combo of punches before they teamed up to double clothesline the big man over the top rope to the floor!

With seven men left in the ring, five of them turned their attention to The Giant - realizing something was going to have to be done about him.... Flair, Sabu, Hall, Muta, and Pillman put aside their differences long enough to make it a five-on-one against The Giant while Meng was starting to pull himself up. These five men were able to back The Giant into the ropes where they began putting all their strength and effort into getting The Giant over the top rope! But amazingly, even against five other men - The Giant was fight his way off. He shoved Sabu backwards into Meng, who laid out Sabu with a savate kick. Flair and Pillman began arguing over their efforts, which lead to Pillman realizing his grip on the Giant and attacking Flair! The Giant was then able to finish fighting off Muta and Hall, decking Muta with a headbutt and shoving Hall to the mat!

As Pillman and Flair continued to brawl in one corner, Meng focused his attack on Scott Hall....both Muta and Sabu stumbled to their feet near one another...and began exchanging blows while The Giant decided to use the moment to step back and just watch the other six men fight it out - knowing he liked his chances against any of them. Muta began to get the upperhand on Sabu, and sent Sabu over the top rope with a leaping lariat - but Sabu landed on the apron, which was unbeknownst to Muta. Sabu pulled himself back to his feet - and came back into the ring with a springboard...but Muta turned back around and saw Sabu flying in...GREEN MIST to the incoming Sabu! A blinded Sabu staggered back to his feet into a ribbreaker from Muta! Sabu slowly rolled back to his feet before being sent over the top rope by Muta!

In the corner, Pillman was continuing to wear down Flair, but was unable to get his rival over the top rope for the elimination. Flair fought his way out of the corner the best way he knows how - by being the "dirtiest" player in the game as he gave Pillman a poke to the eye! Flair turned the tables on Pillman, slamming Pillman's head repeatedly into the top turnbuckle before spinning Pillman around and hitting him with multiple stiff chops to the chest. Flair grabbed a handful of Pillman's hair and TOSSED him over the ropes, but Pillman landed on the apron! Pillman hit an elbow to the side of Flair's head! Pillman springboared back into the ring and hooked Flair by the head for a Tornado DDT, but Flair HELD ON to Pillman! Flair ran with Pillman and sent him back over the top rope onto the apron! Flair then grabbed Pillman by the head and dropped him throat first across the top turnbuckle! Pillman fell backwards off the apron to the floor!

FINAL FIVE:
Ric Flair, The Giant, Scott Hall, The Great Muta, and Meng

In the center of the ring, The Giant stood with Meng, Hall, Flair, and Muta each in an opposite corner of the ring. Muta made the first move, charging in at The Giant, but running into The Giant's fist. Hall went next, unloading some punches to The Giant, only to have The Giant fire back with a headbutt! Flair went in from the back, hitting a chopblock to The Giant! Amazingly, the big man came tumbling down! Flair took The Giant's massive legs..and LOCKED IN THE FIGURE FOUR! But Meng put a stop to the as he bounced off the ropes and hit a falling headbutt to Flair! As Meng began to pull Flair back to his feet, Muta attacked Meng from behind! Meng dropped Flair and turned to face a barrage of kicks from Meng that struck Meng in the legs and midsection before Muta sent Meng into the corner. Meng charged in with a cartwheel backelbow to the cornered Meng! Muta then hooked Meng by the head and went for a running bulldog, but Meng held on and lifted Muta into the air, dropping Muta with a back suplex!

The Giant pulled himself up off the mat only to get hit with a knee to the face from Hall! The Giant staggered backwards to the ropes...Hall hit a discus clothesline to Giant that had the big man TEETERING against the ropes! Hall backed up and charged in...but The Giant lifted Hall UP and throat first across the top turnbuckle! Hall was left staggering right into the waiting arm of The Giant...CHOKESLAM to Hall! Giant pointed to outside the ring, signaling he was about to toss out Hall. He lifted Hall up by his head, but before he could toss the dead weight of Hall over the top rope...Flair leaped onto Giant's back, locking in a sleeperhold to the big man!

Meanwhile, Muta was fighting back against Meng as Meng tried to eliminate the IWGP champion. A pair of back elbows staggered Meng before Muta leaped onto the ropes with a moonsault, but Meng caught Muta and tossed him out of the ring, over the top rope to the floor. The Great Muta has been eliminated, leaving us with just four men left!

Ric Flair still had Giant locked in the sleeper, as The Giant staggered around the ring...looking like he was going to start to actually give in to the hold...but Giant stumbled backwards into the corner and sandwiched Flair into the turnbuckles before dropping Flair off his back onto the apron! Flair held onto the ropes to try and save himself, but Giant took Flair by the head and slammed him head first into the steel behind the turnbuckles! This sent Flair off the apron to the floor for the elimination. Ric Flair has been eliminated.

60 men...it all came down to these final three men - Meng, Scott Hall, and The Giant! Which one of these men would be going on to Starrcade to challenge Randy Savage for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship?!

After eliminating Flair, The Giant turned around and was met with a stiff right hand from Hall that sent Giant back up against the ropes. But as Hall reached down to grab The Giant's legs, Giant brought down an axehandle blow to Hall's back to send Hall to the mat. The Giant barked commands to Meng, telling him to join in on the attack.

Meng slowly walked over and pulled Hall to his feet, but Hall fired back with a kick right between Meng's legs! Meng fell to the ground as the Giant began walking over...and Hall gave him a kick between the legs as well! The Giant doubled over, allowing Hall to set him up....

"He's not really going to try this, is he?!" Heenan wondered - sure enough, it looked like Hall was going for the Say Goodnight to the Bad Guy crucifix powerbomb, but Hall clearly struggled when he tried to lift The Giant up. Unable to lift the Giant up, Giant countered with a high backbody drop to send Hall to the mat. Hall crawled towards the ropes and began to pull himself up as Giant began to close in.

Giant pushed Hall across the ropes and hit him with a big open-handed slap across the chest. Giant leaned back and went for another blow to Hall, but Hall ducked out of the way and Giant's own momentum sent him across the top ropes! Hall ducked behind Giant and began to attempt to use that momentum to push Giant over the top rope...Hall had Giant up across the top ropes, but Giant was using his huge arms to grab the apron to attempt to lock Hall from completing the elimination!

As Hall continued to struggle with Giant...Meng got to his feet.

Meng analyzed the situation before charging in and scooping Hall up and sending BOTH MEN OVER THE TOP ROPE! The momentum of Meng's Tongan power sent Giant falling to the floor! THE GIANT HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

Meng turned his back to the two men he tossed over the top rope, and threw his arms up - letting out a big Tongan warrior yell.

BUT - Hall had not fallen to the floor! He had held onto the bottom rope, his body teetering on the side of the apron with his feet elevated to safety. Hall pulled himself onto the apron and rolled back into the ring.

Hall spun Meng around - RIGHT HAND, RIGHT HAND, RIGHT HAND!

Meng was staggered back to the ropes. Hall charged in for a clothesline - but MENG DUCKED! BACKDROP OVER THE TOP ROPE!

BUT HALL LANDED ON THE APRON!

Meng turned around as Hall grabbed the top rope and slid himself under the ropes and between Meng's legs! Suddenly Hall, was behind Meng! Before Meng could react, Hall lifted Meng's legs up in the air that sent Meng over the top rope! Meng hit the apron hard and fell to the floor!! The referee called for the bell, officially naming Scott Hall the winner!

WINNER: Scott Hall by last eliminating Meng at 42:11

1. Disco Inferno by The Giant
2. Booker T by Animal
3. Kensuke Sasaki by Animal
4. Animal by Fury
5. Masahiro Chono by Fury
6. Diamond Dallas Page by Alex Wright
7. Alex Wright by The Giant
8. Arn Anderson by Guerrero & Malenko
9. Eddy Guerrero by Ric Flair
10. Dean Malenko by Ric Flair
11. Chris Benoit by Sabu
12. Mr. JL by The Giant
13. Fury by Scott Hall & Ric Flair
14. Sabu by The Great Muta
15. Brian Pillman by Ric Flair
16. The Great Muta by Meng
17. Ric Flair by The Giant
18. The Giant by Meng
19. Meng by Scott Hall

Scott Hall dropped to his knees, throwing his arms in the air as the crowd gave him a standing ovation for outlasting 59 other men to win the first-ever World War 3!

As Meng and The Giant were both recovering at ringside, their teammate and our WCW World Champion Randy Savage walk out of the entranceway with the WCW title around his shoulder, clearly not pleased with the result of the match. Giant and Meng both stared each other down from outside the ring... but the show came to a close as Hall locked his eyes on Savage from the ring while Savage was focused on his new challenger - their date set for Starrcade!

Giant: 13
Ric Flair: 6
Scott Hall: 5
Meng: 5
Fury: 5
Masahiro Chono: 3
Muta: 2
Sabu: 2
Eddy Guerrero: 2
Dean Malenko: 2
Animal: 2
Kensuke Sasaki: 2
Scott Norton: 2
Booker T: 2
Alex Wright: 1
G.I. Joe Polaco: 1
Johnny B. Badd: 1
Craig Pittman: 1
Cobra: 1
Mr. JL: 1
Renegade: 1
Arn Anderson: 1
Sting: 1
Larry Zybysko: 1
Brian Pillman: 1
Stevie Ray: 1
Chris Benoit: 1
Hawk: 1

Last edited:

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
This is an excellent, great show!

Surprised to see DDP not retaining the title, although if I know you, that means DDP is gonna be moving up the card, although I guess the post-match attack means not right away.

Great win for Harlem Heat as LOD was probably the biggest name team in the company not named the Steiners at the time. A lot better than them dealing with Bunkhouse Bunk.

Thank goodness Muta won, IWGP Champion Johnny B. Badd would have probably broke Japanese pro wrestling inm 1995. Hope Sting isn't going to be wasting time with Badd.

The 60 Man Battle Royal is a tough deal to write so great job there. I need to stop thinking Vader is gonna show up. Makes sense that Scott Hall won, again he was the big hook for the BTB so I mean, a big win had to be coming.

Great stuff!

• Love