Vince thinking about pulling the plug on WWEN

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
In an odd twist, Vince McMahon is considering putting the WWE Network on cable TV, which would seemingly defy the very reason the company created the streaming service in the first place. It’s also claimed that George Barrios, WWE’s chief strategy and financial officer, says the company is keeping its options open, even including the possibility of scrapping the streaming version of WWE Network.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1470261/ww...p-wwe-network-streaming-to-focus-on-cable-tv/

Whoa! WWEN is the only reason I have been able to watch PPVs when they air lol. I'm sure plenty of you on here probably figured this would happen sooner or later.

Reactions: Lodger

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Good lad. Always thought this WWEN thing wouldn't be huge and successful.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I always thought it might be a bad idea for them financially. Surely all the people that pay for PPV's would be the ones most likely to get the network- so they'd be losing around $400 person per year. Sure, it would encourage people that don't buy the ppv's, but I can't see it being enough.
I know that I wouldn't bother with it until they put all of the old Raw's and Smackdown on there.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Sure, it would encourage people that don't buy the ppv's
5c62f6d856089c7ad59a21062ae42952.gif

Reactions: Lodger

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Has it even been released everywhere yet? I thought they still had some markets left to start the service up with.. Personally I would wait until everybody has access for several months and then see where you're at.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Hopefully it's true, would be happy to know that they figured out their idea was a complete flop. How about providing, I don't know, a good product before doing a "network"?

Reactions: Snowman1 and Lodger

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Hopefully it's true, would be happy to know that they figured out their idea was a complete flop. How about providing, I don't know, a good product before doing a "network"?

This is such a smark thing to say. The deal was fantastic given the library and PPV access even if the product isn't great.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Leo has been breathing fire as of late!

How about you take TNA's advice. When you don't have your shit together creatively and it's complete chaos backstage, you don't worry about ratings and buyrates, you get your shit together backstage. How they expect to put on a good show with this whole infighting between Kevin Dunn and Triple H, last minute rewrites, everybody changing their minds on what to do, etc... Fix that, THEN worry about the network.

My best friend just ordered a subscription after watching a few more moves from Adrian Neville on Raw, so he bought the 12.99 package for Takeover II. It's amazing what you can do by just providing good wrestling which should be the point of your show, no?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Fire Kevin Dunn and David Kapoor! Bring back Russo, if the product still sucks, fire his ass, too!