Vince thinking about pulling the plug on WWEN

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
If it has a story, it has a formula. Storytelling itself is a formula. That's a scientific fact.

I have zero interest in Anime so I'll let this be.
Too cut and dry for me, bro. I sense no malice in you, so I'll let it be as well.

jump on the bandwagon?! I'm a future IWT Hall of Famer. Come at me bro! Do you even main event?!
I don't live in fantasy world, brah.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
ur2r33l5me

jlaw-whtvr.gif
ktf.gif

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
You mean the type of activity where everybody gets along and has the same opinions about everything?
I severely doubt this site had more activity without me, to be honest. It isn't a strike against you, it's just the lightning rods like me, Nero and TGMI haven't posted much.
That's because they're banned, and they deserved it.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
That's because they're banned, and they deserved it.
It shocks me to hear you say that, Shadow. I didn't take you for that type of cat.
However, since I don't know all the details, I'll shut up about it.

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
You mean the type of activity where everybody gets along and has the same opinions about everything?
I severely doubt this site had more activity without me, to be honest. It isn't a strike against you, it's just the lightning rods like me, Nero and TGMI haven't posted much.
It was better. Not having some random hipster poster doesn't make you special.

Also, you and Nero should stop using "big" words to make you look smart.

Anime sucks btw.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
No the type of activity where people posted, some agreed and some disagreed because you know they're people and stuff. Serious question here do you deliberately choose the opposite side of a debate just to debate? It seems that way, just post what you think people will find flaws in it to discuss either way.

Reactions: Lodger

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Quality isn't really linked to viewership though is it? You're talking two different things now.
Well, they are related. Especially when you've got the people's attention already (the 5 mil who watch Raw) and is trying to sell them something. Lots of people who watch for habit or are really not interested in putting down money for old shows aren't going to buy it, and if they were excited for current PPVs (or good new shows such as NXT for example) they're more likely to buy it. Not necessarily would've turned the entire thing around but imo it would've helped tremendously.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
One of the reasons the Network hasn't taken off like they wanted it to isn't just because of the product, it's because of the simple reality that most fans are just casual fans who are never gonna bother spending any money on the product. They'll watch the show out of habit every week, but they won't put down any money to see it. And this has always been the case. Back in the Attitude Era, television ratings were at their highest in 1999 with over 6 million people watching every week, yet the largest PPV buyrate that year was Wrestlemania 15 (also the largest PPV buyrate in WWF history at that point) with only 800,000 buys. Eight-hundred thousand is a large number, but the differences between 800,000 paying to watch WWE on PPV and 6,000,000 watching it for free on TV are still astronomical. And I'm talking only domestically here.

The same still remains true today, where you have approximately four million households watching Raw every week in America, yet not even 1/4 of that can be bothered putting down ten measly dollars for the Network and all that it offers you. I'm sure they'd have a lot more subscriptions if the product was better, but the vast majority of people still wouldn't be bothered paying money for any WWE content, and of the ones that already have, about 150,000 have already unsubscribed! (Including myself.)

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
It was better. Not having some random hipster poster doesn't make you special.

Also, you and Nero should stop using "big" words to make you look smart.

Anime sucks btw.

9cef4ed6f809e48584517d81f35621b7.jpg

How do you know how smart I am or am not?
It was better without me? I was so oppressive that you all couldn't wait to get from under my boot. It's fantastic I made such an impression.
It's typical for a pack of people to pile on. You're an inquisitive person @Bill Clinton and i have nothing but good to say about you.
No the type of activity where people posted, some agreed and some disagreed because you know they're people and stuff. Serious question here do you deliberately choose the opposite side of a debate just to debate? It seems that way, just post what you think people will find flaws in it to discuss either way.
Have I been so evil that you feel de-humanized by my takes? Saw-ry.
I have never attacked or insulted a human being, just their actions.
Am I contrarian? If an element is missing from a debate, I bring it up.
For a community, not many of you are very tolerant. A great bunch of you point and wag your fingers at others for being different or bringing something you aren't used to.
As smart as many of you say you are, many of you are very condescending.

It's natural to play favorites but, boy, once somebody gets on the sh*t list they are done. I like you guys here, but it's so robotic here.