Vince thinking about pulling the plug on WWEN

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Also JC, no one in this thread says that you have to or are seemingly forced to subscribe to the network, they just question that you say that it is not worth it and doomed to fail, because evidently these people disagree with you and your opinion.

Also, why are you trying to bring in fascism, an authoritative political ideal into a discussion on proper and un-proper narrative structure? We're not discussing politics, but how one would go about putting together a TV show (in this case, a wrestling show). The structure used by McMahon and the majority of all the successful wrestling bookers is the same narrative and dramatical structure that was used by Shakespeare as well as the ancient Greeks and is fairly simple. Wrestling does not need to be advanced or deep, because these types of elements don't handle long running shows since they tend to become overly confusing and complex which drives viewers away.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I reject the word 'proper'. I know what I meant when I said it, so there's no need to correct me.
I acknowledge your take and respect your intelligence, but I almost entirely disagree.
Saying the 'best' are 'proper' anything is very robotic, when I'm a human being along with nearly nearly 7 billion others.
It's almost religious to believe that kind of nonsense. I may pay for 'a' show that I find interesting but I won't subscribe to anything I deem mediocre or could or get mediocre over time

If I've misjudged you in anyway, I apologize. I'm against all forms of fascism and that's what it seems like this argument has become.

Hitler says gtfo Paige is Hot. Our Furor predicted that you'd make an idiot out of yourself today before you even existed.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Just saying that they can't expect to get a very high number of subscriptions when their current product isn't getting much attention. The people who grew tired of WWE and stopped watching aren't likely to buy the Network to re-watch old stuff, because they don't follow wrestling anymore, so you're down to your current fans. When the current product isn't great, people aren't going to be hooked on the current PPV aspect and not all are interested in old stuff. They do have a good deal, yes, but it appeals to a limited array and when your current stuff is lukewarm, not as many are going to get it. And Rain just gave a great example of a guy who actually saw a good product and thus put down money.

Quality isn't really linked to viewership though is it? You're talking two different things now.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Also JC, no one in this thread says that you have to or are seemingly forced to subscribe to the network, they just question that you say that it is not worth it and doomed to fail, because evidently these people disagree with you and your opinion.

Also, why are you trying to bring in fascism, an authoritative political ideal into a discussion on proper and un-proper narrative structure? We're not discussing politics, but how one would go about putting together a TV show (in this case, a wrestling show). The structure used by McMahon and the majority of all the successful wrestling bookers is the same narrative and dramatical structure that was used by Shakespeare as well as the ancient Greeks and is fairly simple. Wrestling does not need to be advanced or deep, because these types of elements don't handle long running shows since they tend to become overly confusing and complex which drives viewers away.

There's an anime called Ouran Highschool host club that wasn't very formulaic in the least.

I called it a form of fascism because paying for a network over any period of time would require me to buy into a system or ideology. I would have to agree to their terms.
You're right, wrestling doesn't have to be deep but since Vince is the one considering pulling the plug, something isn't going as planned.
I don't think people like subscribing to something that doesn't strike their fancy. Wrestling just isn't interesting enough to warrant its own network.

Nobody is forcing anybody, true. If I bought the network I'd only see what WWE wanted me to see, the same regurgitated stuff as before. Why pay for that?

Stopspot

Reaction score
There's an anime called Ouran Highschool host club that wasn't very formulaic in the least.

Reading up on the plot of that manga on Wikipedia tells me that it follows a very clear formula seen within certain types of romantic comedies.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Shallow and pedantic indeed
It goes to show how boring this place is without me.
You kids all agree with one another and drink tea all day. You're all the same and defend yourselves, yet you vilify another person's views because you think they're stupid.
The same people who bring about the most activity are the same people drop the hammer on for being a bit different.
Funny thing is, I like all of you. Dat Kid and THG? seem to offer little else but jump on a bandwagon and throw stones.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
You kids all agree with one another and drink tea all day. You're all the same and defend yourselves, yet you vilify another person's views because you think they're stupid.
The same people who bring about the most activity are the same people drop the hammer on for being a bit different.
Funny thing is, I like all of you. Dat Kid and THG? seem to offer little else but jump on a bandwagon and throw stones.

No offense intended but it isn't boring without you. It's not related but whilst you were away we had tons more activity that when you returned.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Reading up on the plot of that manga on Wikipedia tells me that it follows a very clear formula seen within certain types of romantic comedies.
Fair enough, but you really should watch it. The choice is yours. It really is different and not formulaic at all.
It may not be your taste. If that's the case, don't watch it. I have seen it in its entirety (its only 26 episodes), wikipedia doesn't tell the whole story,

Stopspot

Reaction score
Fair enough, but you really should watch it. The choice is yours. It really is different and not formulaic at all.
It may not be your taste. If that's the case, don't watch it. I have seen it in its entirety (its only 26 episodes), wikipedia doesn't tell the whole story,
If it has a story, it has a formula. Storytelling itself is a formula. That's a scientific fact.

I have zero interest in Anime so I'll let this be.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
jump on the bandwagon?! I'm a future IWT Hall of Famer. Come at me bro! Do you even main event?!

• Haha
Reactions: Swift

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
No offense intended but it isn't boring without you. It's not related but whilst you were away we had tons more activity that when you returned.
You mean the type of activity where everybody gets along and has the same opinions about everything?
I severely doubt this site had more activity without me, to be honest. It isn't a strike against you, it's just the lightning rods like me, Nero and TGMI haven't posted much.