UWF - Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
There is no denying without a doubt that SBS is champion because of who he is, and not because he beat anyone. Granted his first defense is against EOR amd he gets to sort of prove if he deserves it then. I said in the chase podcast I felt bad for what sbs has to go through now to prove he deserves the title, same thing happened to Vita when he was awarded the the UCW title on smackdown and then beat chico santana and went on for 236 days. But EOR is no chico.

I see SBS liking all the posts, clearly with an opinion... I just wonder why hes refused to answer his critics. But I respect his wishes not to, like I said I am not trying to cause trouble.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Heh... I remember when Jay decided to take me on Raw and there were questions. Then I was put in the Elimination Chamber match and there were even more questions. And then when I main evented and won at Mania 2... how many questions were there that I was legit? Its like people want something to complain about, they want something "controversial" and will look to anything to cause somethin. But in the end... well... we saw what happened. Jay took a chance and I'm sure he heard it from everywhere that this Slim guy is too new and doesn't know what he is doing.

I say lets just see how things play out and then well... if things continue to be fishy then we can throw in the line and hook it by the mouth and brutalize it. But until then... the show must go on.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
isn't anyone who wins anything winning it because of who they are? But I know what you mean, and honestly I respect wholeheartedly the opinions of all of you who disliked that the title went straight to someone and all that. Went through the same thing myself tbh as Dolph, that said we all agreed that Orton holding the strap was where we wanted to go. I know SBS' Orton, I know it can deliver, therefore Orton winning it on the debut fit perfectly for us to establish him early. With that said this wasn't a decision made when NXT started, this decision was made after all the tts were said and done. I personally don't like having a vacant title, so we took the approach of judging ones merit on one show alone so as to give a nice surprise and help get a storyline out quicker instead of going a month without a champion in a brand that everyone is already questioning anyways.

That said SBS is the first Champion, some of you might find it unfair and I see why but with that said all you have to do is what you would do on Raw or Smackdown when your looking for the title. Every crowned champion has to prove why they became champion, not in a single defense but by showing they can keep that title.

EOR vs. SBS for the world title was happening regardless, if you didn't notice it was a tournament to decide the champion the match was set for Vengeance JBL came out and made the match right now to screw orton thus giving him the title that night. The Same exact match was going to happen because of trash talking but because one holds the title a little in advanced it's caused a lot of controversy, I apologize that some of didn't like it as bookers we do some things not everyone will agree with, all we can do is look ahead and try to improve in the factors that you all see a need of improvement on.

-thank you, Rawisrey

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Now that I look back at it, we've never had an actual tournament to crown the first champion of any major title. Closest thing was when Itch made a battle royal for the World Heavyweight Championship. Itchweed came in with the title, Hoov and I were pretty much granted a title and SBS and EOR was kind of the same.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
Now that I look back at it, we've never had an actual tournament to crown the first champion of any major title. Closest thing was when Itch made a battle royal for the World Heavyweight Championship. Itchweed came in with the title, Hoov and I were pretty much granted a title and SBS and EOR was kind of the same.

Well, to be fair Burnout, we were tearing it up on RAW for the Hardcore belt so when we both went to SD it was only logical to have us duke it out for the World Title.

Aniking

Reaction score
The thing is, with a new brand you're always going to start off with a vacant title. It's obviously just expected, but I understand the process that went with giving SBS the title. Even though I am also never a fan of awarding somebody the title, in this case, for the benefit of your future fued, it was kinda necessary. If the plan was to have an Orton/Roode match at Vengeance, clearly having them TT for the title on the show would take the gloss off their TT session at the pay-per-view because we'd have just seen it.

Anyway, like Slim said, let's just wait and see how things play out. Personally I saw nothing wrong with SBS as the first champion because he TTed multiple times in the "tournament" and was looked at as the better of the four. I didn't read the threads but I don't doubt it.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Chris Dredson, Chase, Shanegofett, Sam and BDC You are all collectively going down!

lulz

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Curt Hawkins has fell from grace lately, but he will bounce back at COC when he gives James Storm the match he deserves!

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I thought all the Dose interviews were mapped out? Or is it changed since you can't get ahold of certain people?