UWF - Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fauche

Reaction score
Apparently too many of y'all go to school these days. UWF needs more uninspired drop-outs, with in-fed incentives given out to real life underachievers. Hand in a report card showing more than ten absences a term? Title shot. Quit post-secondary and work construction? Instant main event status. Dump significant other / ditch on family vacation to tt? Headline the next ppv.

CliqueClacks

Reaction score
Apparently too many of y'all go to school these days. UWF needs more uninspired drop-outs, with in-fed incentives given out to real life underachievers. Hand in a report card showing more than ten absences a term? Title shot. Quit post-secondary and work construction? Instant main event status. Dump significant other / ditch on family vacation to tt? Headline the next ppv.

Let's headline Mania.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
So guys, SD needs help. Not only do we need more promos (We only have 2) but if someone wouldn't mind writing Shark Boy vs Chris Masters, that would be some weight lifted off of me. Regardless, SD will be up by tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'd like to apologize to Dresdon. I've been trying to desperately to get on a computer and find the time to write up a TT, tonight hopefully and if not tonight for sure tomorrow!

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Could of swore this place was teaming with activity before "reboot"... Late shows, lack of activity is making to look like UCW just before it pegged out and inb4 "but it's Christmas", UCW and CWA both had major activity and shows went up on time.

Man, c'mon.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Could of swore this place was teaming with activity before "reboot"... Late shows, lack of activity is making to look like UCW just before it pegged out and inb4 "but it's Christmas", UCW and CWA both had major activity and shows went up on time.

Man, c'mon.

Could have swore you were like banned from talking here after all the shit you've caused in EVERY fed you've ever been in.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Could have swore you were like banned from talking here after all the shit you've caused in EVERY fed you've ever been in.

Freedom speech is usually what get me banned.

This time I basically told a couple of members of the fed, they'll be the death of it and what'cha know - it looks like I'm right.

Never got in trouble in CWA though and I've been best behaved in UWF compared to the stuff in UCW/Itch/Anything Andrew related (y).

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
lulz. Don't feed the troll guys. He's just mad that my Angle is better then his. 8D.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Alright, before we get a flame war going on here, I'm going to try and play peacemaker and discourage any advocacy of conflict. To be perfectly honest, he's simply pointing out what Schmidty feared was the case, that the fed is dying. Is it? Can't say for sure either way, but activity is way down from what it was and what it's been in the past, fact. And yeah, if I recall correctly, UCW and CWA were active during this time. It's only someone starting something if you let it get started.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Going "Fuck you dude" works, but like Dresden said - I've pointed out something, I haven't mentioned names, I could... Hell I could point out where things went wrong but nobody listens to me.

One month ago, there was four brands working, they had flaws but they were working. One particular head of a brand called it a day that was the start of the decline imo, then there had to be another devil advocate, always look to be nice and fair good karma and all.

That happens, now we're here today and you got two brands where it's alright to be late and really, it's not doing the fed any good. Can you imagine assholes like Jay and Itchweed letting their be late shows, hell the headwriters would be booted and they were.

X character privileges never killed this fed, some bad members of the staff (hey blame me, but when I was around the evidence pointed to the contrary) and probably needs one or two workhorses like Cwalker to help get the shows up... Four brands still woulda worked if a particular headwriter stayed, Cwalker became the Smackdown workhorse with Hoov and SBS got more help writing Raw than people just chipping in.

Oh and certainly keeping the actual decision making to SBS, Sam, Hoov, Myself and Dresden. Then the fed imo would of been in a better state.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Around this time UCW and CWA were still active

back then most of the fed were younger...as in Christmas Break was a thing people got and activity grew, now people have finals, jobs, and more pressing life matters in a family oriented holiday season as opposed to just waiting for christmas to come. Or at least that's just my opinion

That said no one need worry that the fed is dying soon, as I'm not champion.

SBS

Reaction score
Tom you make a good point and i do believe you are right in that UCW and CWA did have more activity in the month of December previously then this year. I'll admit i am extremely upset that we have 13 matches on the Starrcade card and only a handful of them are even at the moment and even fewer that have gone an extra round. However let's not get ahead of ourselves and say that this is UCW all over again cause its not.

First off, the average age of the trash talker in previous years was about 15-18. Now much of our core trash talkers are the same guys who have been doing for years. I started when i was 20, I'm now 25. Most of the TTer's were younger than that 5 years ago. Chase was like 14, Shane was 15 or 16. Now here we are Chase, College and work. Hoov work, Dres work, father, husband, Cwalker, guy is a machine even when in school and working. The average of most of us now is like 18-21. And unfortunately guys like Ibunka and Schmitdy, and Dexter, there are just not enough new guys coming in and as such the core of the trash talkers are going to be busier and busier especially during final and holiday times. Hell I'm in grad school, I work, and i'm getting married, and i still get a show up on time most weeks. (This week I was really sick hence the lateness). If I can do these guys can. But I'm not going to throw a bitch fit if they don't show for a week or two. We still have the manpower, and i'm not going to let a down month cause an apocalypse of epic proportions. If its after the new year and things are still this bad then we'll start discussing strategy going forward but this is not deemed, OMG gotta get out now! Ship is going down! Hell no! You know as long as i'm around and in charge this bad boy isn't dying.

As for the fall of UCW, it wasn't the Feds fault it died, it was the forums. The Fed is only as active and as popular as the forum its on. Pwmania, ringside whatever, that forum died. So naturally the E-fed did too. Do I believe things could have been done to save it absolutely, but if they had then UWF wouldn't be here right now which is in reality UCW anyway as it was created as UCW died, I mean hell the original UWF Championship WAS the UCW Championship. (Itch booking ftw right? *eye roll) But that aside, as long as I have 12 guys who are going to post and go hard and hell even go 1-1 every week and then go nuts come PPV time I'm keeping the shop open for business. Hell I will go down to one brand before I close down shop because I've put in too much work, Cwalker has put in too much work, Dres has put in too much work, hell we've all put in too much work for this beautiful creation of all of ours to be thrown out with the trash so quickly. Hell I will move everything to a crappy free forum before I give her up, and that's only in the case of the forum going down which I don't see happening.

So no, as long as we have guys who are willing to write and book, and put on shows, which we do! Over a handful! As long as we have at least a dozen active TTer's, Which again we do! This place will not shut down, this place will not end. UWF is bigger than this! So we have squash matches and can't tell good stories for a month, oh well. By summertime we'll probably have 4 brands again! (I kid I promise!) So for all of you haters out there who think we're dying GO to HELL! Over my dead body! Any of you with doubts! Consider them squashed! UWF will not die! UWF will never give up! So long as I am at the helm.

I thank you for your observation Tom, as always it isn't just those who support but also the haters who help make this fed great. For without criticism we can't get better. And that is what I see in 2014 for this Fed, getting better and better. But I'll talk more on that later. The last thing I want to address is those people who will bring down the fed are right now in the staff chat on facebook working on Starrcade and SD every day. They are talking to the trashtalkers, and hell one of them wrote for both shows this week. If anyone has a problem with anyone on Staff its with me and I will rectify that. So to all you UWFers get back here ASAP so we can prove the haters wrong, and show why UWF will be better then ETW, CWA, and UCW combined. Believe that!

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
This is the longest time it's taken me to get a World title on one particular characters waist, I'll be damned if I let this place die! And that's all while working 2 jobs! One super demanding one at that! Seriously though, I'll be advertising this fed like crazy.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
The fed is always slow come fall time I have been saying this for a while. People want to talk activity. 1-1 TTs was all this activity then UWF is in good shape. I remember the December ppvs only two threads from each fed had more then 2 posts. So if that is considered active then idk what were doing wrong.

First off Tom said that one of the heads wanted to throw it quits, and I think Tom dosen't know the full story still so let me say this. I was planning on rebranding Anarchy to Omega, at the time in the group chat that us writers have Hoov was thinking of merging. I was sold on sticking with Anarchy/Omega, hell I got shows up on time, only one missed show due to illness. To say I quit Tom pisses me off, because ask Dresden who wrote most of Anarchy before I took over? It was me, I wrote four matches a week every damn time. I was doing so much work and heaven forbid me and Hoov (Who no offense Hoov SD was never on time) wanted to merged pissed you off. I could say more, but for anyone who wants to know the two brands were a great idea, and an idea I liked. Thing is Tom you could have done good with this fed, but you walked out so now your mad, and you want to get your point across by slandering us. If you wanna continue this Tom do it too me privately, but I just want to say to people one thing I am not is a quitter, and I won't quit on this fed. E-Fedding is a fun ass hobby, and away for me to be a booker that I will never be in real life, and I am with SBS this fed won't die as long as I am still here.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
In my 11 year career in e-fedding, every year is the same. Some people go other places with their families, older people end up working more hours, it happens man. We've still got some great activity. The fed I ran for a year, I decided to close during the holiday season so people could spend time with loved ones or whatever they were doing and not stress over the e-fed. And it was brimming with activity, I've seen feds die almost instantly around holidays, so the fact that this one is going like this at this time is crazy!

EDIT: Also if Hoov and Blizzard could get a post up for our Starrcade match, that would be lovely. Haha!