• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Re: Wednesday Night NXT 1/16/13 Edition!

- Loved the JBL bit about the no-showing, I thought it was a nice touch and it shows to those that they need to participate.

- Kane delivering JBL a Tombstone Piledriver is what I wanted to see! Woo!

- Great Taz promo, good way to hype the PPV.

- Another promo... Where's a match? C'mon! However it's Miz so I'll excuse him because he cuts a very good promo here.

- Uh... Is this a promo show? Because straight up we got Johnny Curtis, good promo but I felt it wasn't needed at all.

- Finally a match :mark: Nice ending with the Bully/CM part allowing Curtis to win.

- Nice Christian teaser used here on NXT, once again this is a very promo heavy show however the promos are a good way to hype the PPV.

- I still don't understand AJ Styles being a face if he's helping Purveyors of Poison... The promo didn't exactly sum it up other than the fact JBL is trying to hand out a championship and a bit of history.

- I really wish you'd stop mentioning ROH and reality, I love your Aries but I believe you kinda over-do the ROH bit there, understandable with the Punk and such and seeing Punk did speak about ROH in the TT... Either way it was another good promo.

- Wow, I got eliminated first?! This kinda disappoints me because I felt my TT was short yet strong, yet we didn't get an official match finish. This kinda threw me off, the show was very promo heavy and yet I wish the main event had an actual finish, it's good to see Sting return but what the hell happened after he was there?

Lewb

Reaction score

UWF.COM EXCLUSIVE!!

The following footage happened during one of the commercial breaks during this weeks NXT.

[video=youtube_share;ZZZMXV3j7Xc]http://youtu.be/ZZZMXV3j7Xc[/video]

The NXT World Champion, Bully Ray makes his way onto the stage as "The Beaten Path" just gets into the guitar solo part. No smirks on his face, and no interaction with the audience. Instead, the champion walks down the ramp and to the ring without any emotion whatsoever.

Joey Styles: Well... Here comes the champ, and as we both found out at the end of last weeks broadcast, not a happy man.

Matt Striker: Totally unprovoked attack and I'll be honest, I'm not a happy man either. I have failed a complaint into JBL.

Joey Styles: And?

Matt Striker: He hasn't got back to me... yet.

Bully stares at Styles and Strike whilst they are talking as he gets in the ring. The ring announcer leaves his mic on the apron as Bully is now alone in the center of the ring. He picks the mic up and patiently waits for his music to end. A lot of boos ring through the arena as Bully, still emotionless looks around the packed out NXT arena, and back at the commentators for a moment, before starting to address all in attendance whilst pointing to himself.

0.jpg

Bully Ray: My name..... Is Bully...... Ray.

He takes a long pause after this one sentence, that really riles the crowd up to boiling point.

And I.... Am the NXT World Champion. Out of all the about twenty, twenty five superstars that are employed to perform for the Ultimate Wrestling Federation on Wednesday nights, I have proven that I am the biggest, the baddest and the best there is to offer here. I went away at a time I felt I was in the wrong place, I got focused, and I never ever looked back. Ever since I returned in mid September, there has not been one person who has been able to hold a candle to me, and that is not going to change for a loooooong time coming. The once goofy kid from Dudleyville had made it, and no-one around him can change that.

So why...... WHY am I objected to such slander, as this?

Bully looks up at the titan-tron which starts to show his match from last week.

From there, Derrick followed up by applying a side headlock, and followed that up with the DBD as he went for the cover.

ONE!

TWO!

THR...NO! Bully Ray kicked out!

Matt Striker:
Can you believe it? My man D-Bate almost beat the World Champion!

Joey Styles:
Quit being such a Modern Day Double Dragon mark, and LET ME DOWN!

Matt Striker:
No!

Joey Styles:
Matt....

Matt Striker:
NO!

Joey Styles:
MATT!

It's at this moment that someone else takes a headset and puts it on.

Johnny Curtis:
We interrupt this totally lame commentary to bring you one half of the eventual UWF Tag Team Champions, Johnny Curtis.

Matt Striker:
All right! "The Thoroughbred"'s up in here, folks!

Matt, in his excitement, dumps Joey carelessly off of his shoulders and scoots his chair as close to Curtis as possible.

Matt Striker:
So what do you think of Bully Ray, Johnny?

Johnny Curtis:
I wish Zack Ryder was actually a Ghost Buster so I wouldn't have to look at this Stay Puft thug every week.

Matt Striker:
Stay Puft thug?

Johnny Curtis:
Totally bro.

Joey Styles:
I wonder what Bully Ray would have to say about that.

Matt Striker:
He probably wouldn't have anything to say, to Johnny's face that is.

Johnny Curtis:
Yup, everything Bully has to say he says on Twitter.

Matt Striker:
I heard that, bro. Hey Bully, here's a tweet for you, "I wish I was a Modern Day Double Dragon. HashTag SuperJealous.

Johnny Curtis:
HashTag StayPuftthug.

Matt Striker:
HashTag BuhBuhRay

Johnny Curtis:
HashTag IFeartheDeviant

Matt Striker:
HashTag breastintheworld

Johnny Curtis:
Hey that one was pretty good man. Punk's the best and he's the breast. Heh heh, fat jokes. HashTag walkingfatjoke

Matt Striker:
HashTag manziers

Johnny Curtis:
HashTag, well, actually we just exceeded the character limit. New tweet.

Bully Ray:
How about HashTag I'm gonna kick both your asses after I get done with Bateman because that's what I do tah people that make fun of the champ. HashTag bullynation, HashTag AnythingGhostbustahssucks?

Johnny Curtis:
Aah, Bully!

Ray flips Curtis' chair over and slides back into the ring where Bateman is waiting on him. Bateman throws a punch but Ray ducks it and slips behind him, applying a full nelson as he hoists him into the air quickly and connects with the Bully Bomb! Ray goes for the cover.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

DING DING!

Christy Hemme: Here is your winner, Bully Ray!

bully-ray-2-0-o.gif

The feed ends here and it shows Bully once again not impressed. Half the crowd cheer the antics, but the other half boo the fact Bully Ray ended up winning that match. Bully then breaks his silence.

Forget the way in which the match finished up, every match I participate in ends the same way, that's old news. But my wife and kids had to watch.... You all had to watch your hero, your knight in shining armor do what he does best with a soundtrack of insults and tirades, not only from pretty boy Curtis who will get his comeuppance later on tonight.... But its coming from both of the washed up bastards sitting right there!

Bully points at the commentators, who both look at Ray like rabbits in the headlights.

Don't worry boys, I done what I was going to do last week didn't I? When I slammed you through that very announce table Striker, I wasn't hoping to hurt you... I was hoping that I choked you to the point you couldn't speak anymore first. And you Joey you big suck-up. I heard you snickerin' along and then you try and make out your impartial, your worse than him. Don't make me hurt Taz so much that he goes back to the announce desk and in turn retires one of your pathetic asses for good. Take last week as your first and only warning..... And this warning goes to everyone in the back too.

I am done with it all.

The crowd boo, but Bully is nowhere near finished just yet.

Last week after I humiliated you all out here, I went to the back and I had a little think. I didn't really get much sleep last Wednesday night, because I have been blind to it all this time, what with being too busy kicking asses, but.... I have this championship on my shoulder for a reason, yet, other people are making headlines. Sting is one of the biggest stars on this brand with the nXtreme championship, The Purveyors of Poison are getting more and more television time. Seth Rollins couldn't buy a match so he bought people who can win him matches instead. I mean AJ Styles, really? The last time I saw that guy he was rotting on Smackdown when I refused to work over there. Kane? We all know he's only here to try and get his woman back off CM Punk so he can go back to that situation where his love life is like watching a sick kid pet a damn puppy hoping he doesn't crush it.

The crowd don't like that reference and start to boo but Bully doesn't care in the slightest.

And speaking of CM Punk, I got this guy disrespecting me, my accomplishments and my championship every time he opens his pipe-bombing mouth, well here's a pipe-bomb of my own Punk, and I really hope you are listening there backstage, waiting to take on two men with three partners like the damn pussy you are, Royal Rumble you will have no-one to tag in, no-one to hold your hand down the ramp, and once I'm done with you and send you to hospital for the third time I'm going to leave you with a face not even your own mother could love. You will need those dollar bills you threw at me to convince a crack whore to give you a rub the state I leave you in.
You don't like my tone, you people, who pay good maney to come here, don't like the words I'm saying. I really couldn't care less, not only that, I will continue making money by annoying you, by making you made, by making you hate me. And if any of you think I need sorting out, well why don't you jump over that barricade and see exactly what you can do about it?

551712_10151057614186026_555910205_n.jpg

He looks out at the crowd, but instead......

[video=youtube;oq4Lbe_Vl5w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq4Lbe_Vl5w[/video]

"CULT OF PERSONALITY" blasts throughout the arena as the fans are excited that Bully Ray will not be speaking anymore. CM Punk comes out from the back in blue jeans and his "BEST IN THE WORLD" t-shirt. CM Punk has a smirk on his face as he's surprised by the reaction the crowd is giving him on while Bully Ray wants him to come to the ring

CMPunkRAW1-7.jpg

CM Punk: Now normally I would have no problem coming down to that ring, but I was told by the general manager of NXT, JBL that if I do then UWF officials and security would step in and that would be the end of that. And to be honest I think it's in your best interest I stay right here because you just might get a preview of what to expect this Sunday at the Royal Rumble. Now do you actually believe deep down inside that what you did was a pipe-bomb? A pipe-bomb can't just be done by anyone. It has to have feeling, it has to be ring, and it has to be done by the right person. By the right person I mean someone who sacrifices it all in that ring as a "wrestler". Someone who has the balls to come out and let it be known that something is wrong with a company. Someone who isn't afraid of getting a fine or any repercussions. I think that word is too big for you, Bully Ray. So what I'll do is dumb down to your level and explain what that means in simplest terms and that's repercussions is another word for a consequence. I'm satisfied now as I did my teaching lesson for the night.

The crowd laughs and starts up a "DUMB" chant towards Bully Ray

CM Punk: Please, please, please don't do that. You all need to remember that I'm not out here to amuse you. I'm in this for soley CM Punk. You may all cheer or boo me and you're entitled to do so, so I don't want anyone of you to be dissapointed in me for keeping this about me. Now back to you, Bully Ray. The type of person whose able to pull off a pipe-bomb isn't you. We all know who the type of person is to pull that off and it's the guy who in four days will become the new NXT World Champion! I come out and speak the honest truth about how I feel and anything and everything I want to. I'm the only man capable of pulling one off. You want a real pipe-bomb, well I will give you one. The reason you even still have that NXT Championship on your shoulders is because you knew deep down inside that at New Year's Revolution that The Miz was going to beat you. So what did you do, you acted in a cowardly display and used a low blow to help defeat him. Some champion we have, huh. Now you come out here and tell me I will have no one to have my back to tag in or anything. That's fine because I don't need any help to get that NXT World Title. I don't need a tag team partner and I sure as hell won't need to deliver a low blow to help get me that title.

CM Punk lowers his microphone and has a cold stare at Bully Ray

CM Punk: You all want to know the truth about, Bully Ray. The truth is ever snce he stepped foot in a wrestling ring he has always needed someone or something there to help him get the job done. He had D-Von for most of his career by his side and he always needed the extreme on his side whether it was putting people through tables, using ladders, chairs, or delivering a low blow to someone to pick up the win. The truth is, Bully Ray cannot do it on his own. The truth is, you are scared! You know that deep down inside that you are holding onto the title by tips of your fingers. You know that I am the man whose capable of taking that title away from you. Why else would you bring up some sorry excuse to say that I won't have anyone there by my side. All you're doing is covering up your own tracks because you NEED to make yourself look stronger, but all you been doing is making yourself look like the pussy!

Bully Ray's expression on his eyes tells the story after what CM Punk had to say. Bully Ray shouts at CM Punk to get to the ring

CM Punk: In four days whether I do it via the anaconda vice or the GTS, I am walking out of Phoenix, Arizona as the NEW UWF NXT World Champion. And when it's all said and done there will be no excuses because you are going to get beat by the BEST IN THE WORLD! I will say this, if you even think about getting counted out or getting yourself disqualified then you're an even bigger bitch than I thought! I'm tired of talking now and you know what I personally don't give a damn if JBL has security come out. Let's start the Royal Rumble right now..........

CM Punk drops the microphone and heads for the ring................................

CmPunkRAW6-2.jpg

As Punk charges to the ring, Bully rolls out from the side and starts to make his way up the rampway. The crowd boo and Punk smirks and points at the world champion. Bully Ray lifts his microphone up as he's back-tracking.

Just because you have a four on two advantage in your match tonight, seems as you can't get a job done on your own Punk, that doesn't mean we're all in the same boat. As a fighting champion, your singles hero, all of your singles hero, will be dealing with Johnny Curtis one on one. You watch your number one contender hide behind his cabinet of wannabes whilst failing to deal with these Purveyors of Poison. I have been "Doing it" here in the UWF for the past eight months Punk and if you can't see that after the times I have beaten you on my own, without the extremeties you like to dwell upon, then that just shows how many Bully Beatdowns you've had too many. The Rumble, will be the last one. Once I prove this whole 'New and Improved Punk' is as pathetic and worthless as the last, you will never get a shot at Bully Ray, or this championship again. Now, if you excuse me Punk, I have a real match to go get ready for!

And with that, Bully Ray leaves the arena leaving Punk seething, as NXT goes elsewhere.

Yeah, so I messed up and got this in late. Apologies to y'all, spesh Shawn. Felt it should go up because it's a good segment.

Not unhappy about losing my match, it sets the Rumble up nicely. Stings interaction at the end of the show throws things wide open and it'll be nuice to see where this is all going!​

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango

Promos galore! Dresdon as JBL, laying down the law! Don't worry Dres, I've never no showed once in my E-Fed career and that will continue to be true. Nice to see Kane get the upper hand.

I enjoyed Anikings promo but I think it's weird at he's facing Sting for the title and they don't really have anything going between them. Kind of looks like Taz is facing Punk.

Miz promo was great. Gives the reason why he's been dormant. I think Miz is one of NXTs best chances to win the rumble.

I try to do promos for every show and I was busy and forgot about an NXT promo so I did that one. Don't worry though Andrew, as random as it seems, it was for something. Main point was Bateman and Maxine were off doing something for Curtis. Speaking of Curtis, glad he got the upset victory. Was a bit confused at the ending though. Wouldn't Bully win by dq if he was attacked by Punk first? Not that I'm complaining lol.

Looks like Christian would be pulling triple duty but there is no Smackdown this week. I think Christian has a big chance to win the rumble and I'd be looking forward to facing him if I can beat Lewb. Aj and Aries promos back to back. AJ laying into JBL. Going straight for the top of the food chain. Aries was mainly talking about Punk. So many side stories for Punk.

The following match was very good. PPV quality. And the beat down on AJ to end it was a nice touch. JBL has all the power and no one should forget that. But the return of the Stinger. Very good go home show.

Also very good promo between Lewb and Shawn. Looks like it was supposed to be before our match but it doesn't really take away a lot. These two have worked well together and I look forward to seeing the final outcome.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC

Loved the show. Really loved the progression of the NXT world title match the most. It is getting me really excited just to see who will win the match between Shawn and Lewb. I love the cabinet from beginning to end, and it was nice seeing Sting come back for revenge. This felt like an episode of impact done right.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

Enjoyable show. It was promo heavy which is good for me because as you all know I am the promo-loving guy in UWF. I was reading the show and I was like: "First promo, good! Second promo, good! Thrid promo, good! Fourth promo! Hey, where is Bully Ray vs. Curtis? Ooooh, there it is." Overall a good a show with great matches. Loved the main event. I knew things will pan out that way as two guys no-showed when it was time to TT but things got mixed up real nice at the end. On Stings return...I know he had to return before Royal Rumble because he has got a match there but it really seemed that the return was too fast if you know what I mean. If given two more weeks it would be awesome but like this we all pretty much knew Sting was about to return. Anyway, everything was well done so I cannot complain.

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
UWF Wednesday Night NXT Preview: 1/30/13

Live from the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas

Alamodome---SACVB_display_image.jpg

NXTBANNER_zpsd1770da2.png

Hot off the heels of an eventful Royal Rumble Pay Per View in which NXT's very own Miz won the 30 Man Over the Top Rope Royal Rumble Match. There was also a NXT Championship title change as Bully Ray was bested by CM Punk. Sting also retained the Extreme Championship in questionable fashion. Not one to stop the ball from rolling momentum wise, NXT General Manager JBL has announced that at No Way Out there will be an Elimination Chamber match for the NXT World Heavyweight Championship!. That is why tonight will feature five, yes, FIVE, Elimination Chamber Contendership Matches featuring some of NXT's finest talents.

Ryder_zps2fdceb29.jpg
Vs
AriesNXT.jpg

Rhino.jpg
Vs
Dyoung.jpg

Seth.jpg
Vs
JohnnyCurtis.jpg

Taz.jpg
Vs
Kane.jpg

Bully.jpg
Vs
AJStylesNX.jpg

All of these matches have the potential to be barnstormers and with so much on the line with the World Championship opportunity looming, you'd best bet that they will be. However, as if it couldn't get any bigger already, the Royal Rumble winner, The Miz, will be in the house when he hosts the most must-see talk show in television history MizTV with special guest CM PUNK!. Miz will interview his potential Wrestlemania opponent and you can be certain to expect fireworks when these two polar opposite and very combustible elements who love nothing more than running their mouths share the floor on NXT.

WWE-The-Miz-Entrance-in-Formal-Dress-at-Miz-TV.jpg

We'll Also Hear From

Bully Ray
Taz
Sting
JBL
Johnny Curtis and Derrick Bateman

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Re: UWF Wednesday Night NXT Preview: 1/30/13

Damn, I gotta put up with Johnny Curtis.. AGAIN?!

Haha naw it's ok, glad to see there's 5 matches and I really hope I qualify!

Reaction score

First off love the new sig! I dig the whole card and the must see match I want to see is Rollins/Curtis. If these two keep up on the TT'ing this should be a fun read! The segment with BigGreenApple and myself will be in The Miz's words "AWESOME"!

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Great card, Sammy my boy, it's good to be working side-by-side again. No Way Out is already shaping up to be a great event, I'm excited to see who gets a shot at CM Punk in that Chamber match, all of these qualifying matches are top notch. Aries and Ryder interests me because of the differences between the two but also because they're both in the Cabinet. I haven't seen Sabazon in a few weeks so Rhino versus Young may be a squash, but I'm still anxious to hear from Rhino. Curtis and Rollins is going to be good because Andrew's really stepped it up quality wise since we formed the Purveyors of Poison, I just need to see more effort in the promo and trash talking departments. Curtis has really impressed lately, and the comedy's been fun, but that's something that will make this really interesting is Rollins will almost force Curtis to be serious, or not, we'll see.

I can't wait to go head-to-head with Aniking, I haven't had a true crack at his Taz yet and I've been dying to, we always have great trash talking sessions and I don't feel like this one will be any different. And that main event is sick, the former champ and the "Phenomenal One"? That's great stuff, a real test for Chase to prove himself on NXT and a way for Lewb to get his momentum back following his loss at the Rumble.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

Sweet card right here. I'm really looking forward to my session with Hoov. Sorry Hoov, but I gotta get this one. :Trips:

Lewb

Reaction score

Looking forward to getting stuck in to Chase here, we always bring out good sessions, so his Styles and my Bully should be a great contest. No championship, but still main event, it's the Bully Way ;)

Ozymandias

Reaction score

Wasn't allowed in when we were taking the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.