Username change thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Further proof:

Screenshot of group permissions in "Users and Permissions" tab of the "Legend" group: http://i.imgur.com/jC2dl.png

That's the username change setting. It's a group permission, you can not assign it to specific users unless you MAKE them their OWN group.

mark_htfc

Champion
Reaction score
Please can I have a refund on my Legend status please? I feel I was sold a false feature :haha:

Seriously though, I don't really get the big problem Jonathan? Why does it matter so much about having to make 250 posts to be able to change your username? It isn't like it's the ONLY feature you get for upgrading, nor is it the best feature either.

I swear people just love to moan about anything, even when it doesn't affect anything. Personally I like the change, means I know who's who, as it took me ages to work out Pedo was Vince :p.

Reactions: Crayo

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
mark_htfc said:
Please can I have a refund on my Legend status please? I feel I was sold a false feature :haha:

Seriously though, I don't really get the big problem Jonathan? Why does it matter so much about having to make 250 posts to be able to change your username? It isn't like it's the ONLY feature you get for upgrading, nor is it the best feature either.

I swear people just love to moan about anything, even when it doesn't affect anything. Personally I like the change, means I know who's who, as it took me ages to work out Pedo was Vince :p.

its in my sig :dafuq:

Reaction score
Seabs said:
They paid for the right to change their username, which they still can not once does it say you can change it when ever you wish or it wouldn't be limited.

This. The upgrade page says you have the ability to change your username. We can limit it however we want. The perfect way we did it was by increasing activity. :eek:tunga:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Gohan6425 Randy Savage said:
So i can't go back to just Randy Savage WTF!?

You could do it now, just if you wanted to change back to your current you'd have to post 250 more times.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Hmm, you it used to be there in 1.4X MyBB.

So if you can't do it in 1.6X, then make a new group that copies all permissions of Legends group but doesn't have the option to change usernames.
It takes like, 20 seconds to remove from one group and add to another, and there's not even many people abusing it.
Because there isn't even many people on the site at a single time.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Jonathan said:
Hmm, you it used to be there in 1.4X MyBB.

So if you can't do it in 1.6X, then make a new group that copies all permissions of Legends group but doesn't have the option to change usernames.
It takes like, 20 seconds to remove from one group and add to another, and there's not even many people abusing it.

1) No it didn't. Why would they remove a good feature in a later release...?
2) That would break the ToS. They paid for Legend, not other group without the same features as the rest who paid the same amount.

This system is fine Jonathan, stop trying to find flaws for the sake of finding them. Do you have any intentions of changing your name?

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
R'Albin said:
Please do, your new name is a right pain in the arse to tag.

How's your wrestling company doing? :jeritroll:

we have not started yet.