Username change thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
It was stupidly abused to the point users kept complaining over and over again about not knowing each other. Regardless of if we have a marketplace or not, the constant name changes were stupid. We implemented a limit but it seemed like it was too strict. So it's simple, upgraded users can still change their name they just need 250 posts in between.

Also I lol'd at the good old "Others will agree just don;t want to say", translation: "No one agrees but I'll pretend" :lol1:

And what if people don't want to make 250 posts to change their name, because they already paid for it?

You can't offer a paid service then change/stop it without any notice.

So people don't know who's-who, does that HONESTLY matter? Not in the slightest. If they're confused they can view their username changes on their profile.

Uhm, no.
Some people who may 'think they're in line for staff or trying to get it' wouldn't say anything against your decision incase it makes you not give them staff. That's the way people work.

I know for a fact some agree and won't say anything. Because the majority of the internet kisses ass to get something in return.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
One of the benefits of upgrading to superstar or legend was that you can change your own username.
This is false representation.

What's the big deal about people changing their name anyway? It's not like we have a marketplace where scammers can change their name to avoid being caught. And if it's to stop staff impersonation just put staff names in the ban list for username changes.

This is quite stupid if I'm honest. Others will agree just don't want to say.

Hardly a false representation, only upgraded members can change their name still it just needs to be done via staff to avoid confusion amongst members. Having someone change their name every day annoys certain people so it was easier to limit it, plus if it's a feature people want why not exchange it for activity?

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Hardly a false representation, only upgraded members can change their name still it just needs to be done via staff to avoid confusion amongst members. Having someone change their name every day annoys certain people so it was easier to limit it, plus if it's a feature people want why not exchange it for activity?

Why? Because they already paid for it.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
Why? Because they already paid for it.

They paid for the right to change their username, which they still can not once does it say you can change it when ever you wish or it wouldn't be limited.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Jonathan said:
And what if people don't want to make 250 posts to change their name, because they already paid for it?

You can't offer a paid service then change/stop it without any notice.

So people don't know who's-who, does that HONESTLY matter? Not in the slightest. If they're confused they can view their username changes on their profile.

Uhm, no.
Some people who may 'think they're in line for staff or trying to get it' wouldn't say anything against your decision incase it makes you not give them staff. That's the way people work.

I know for a fact some agree and won't say anything. Because the majority of the internet kisses ass to get something in return.

Before you start pretending you know law, read our registration ToS. All usergroups and accounts are owned by us. Please tell me how you "know for a fact" (which means it's an 100% truth) that other people agree and won't say anything? All I received were constant complaints by multiple users -- including plenty of fellow legends -- that the username changes were incredibly annoying. This is a community, remember that.

Also, I did post a notice saying I was doing this multiple times. Your post is full of bull Jonathan, lol.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Why not just remove the ability for certain users who abuse the system instead of ruining it for everyone?

It's easy enough to do that via ACP and fairer for all.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Jonathan said:
Why not just remove the ability for certain users who abuse the system instead of ruining it for everyone?

It's easy enough to do that via ACP and fairer for all.

Once again, full of bull. It's impossible to do that without a plugin. You are part of a user group with global user group permissions. Unless I made separate usergroups for each abusing user -- which I'm not doing -- then it's impossible.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Once again, full of bull. It's impossible to do that without a plugin. You are part of a user group with global user group permissions. Unless I made separate usergroups for each abusing user -- which I'm not doing -- then it's impossible.

HAH!

Oh my god.

Make me admin and I'll fucking show you.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Serious question how does everyone know all these ACP tricks and shit? I thought we were all idiots like me and Xabth.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Make a test mybb board, you're not getting anywhere near our ACP. This will be good though. Please get back to me with your failure.

Why do you think your a MyBB expert? :dawg: