SummerSlam Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I still don't care about Taker vs Brock, but that's just me.

The only reason I figure dq/other screwy finish for cena and rollins is because there are two titles involved.
And don't forget about Kane. We could easily see him get involved.

tw1022

Jobber
Reaction score
Undertaker is going to lose... The next night on raw he will bring back the Ministry of Darkness and kidnap Stephanie McMahon and Jon Stewart. *Spoiler: Ken Shamrock won't find them in a boiler room*

Reactions: edge4ever

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Brock's unstoppable aura would be gone if he lost, clean or not. His first "loss" was at WrestleMania, but he wasn't pinned in that. His second one wasn't really a loss, it was just a failure to reclaim the WWE Championship (BattleGround). If he loses at SummerSlam, clean or not, it would be the 3rd time he falls short. That wouldn't look good for his credibility. When you're booked to squash the face of the company and the entire roster, you need to keep the momentum going, not have him fall short 3 times in a row. And here's one thing to remember, booking 101 says that whoever gets the upper hand on the go home show loses the match on that Sunday's PPV. So me, I'm counting on a Lesnar win

While that is sometimes true, it's hardly a rule set in stone. Promoters aren't completely stupid and they are aware that this is exactly what we expect.

As much as I absolutely HATE this idea, I'm leaning towards a rubber match here. Undertaker beats Lesnar, probably not cleanly at all, Lesnar disappears for a while but Undertaker doesn't. Lesnar eventually comes back for revenge and retires Undertaker.

I absolutely don't like this idea. As I've mentioned many times, I'd prefer a Lesnar win. But Undertaker likes Lesnar a LOT, and there's probably no one better to believably retire Undertaker... Lesnar then becomes not only the man to beat the streak, but to retire the Undertaker and he retains his aura.

And again, just because everyone seems to think I'm arguing this because I want it, I don't particularly like the idea. Just I've spent a LOT of time thinking about it and it seems likely to me.

Officially, I want to see Lesnar F5 the hell out of Undertaker so I can bask in the 5 star promo Heyman is going to deliver on RAW on Monday. I just don't believe it will happen.

Z.T.O

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
Brock losing this match ruins the streak. The purpose of the streak was for it to be broken and that achievement to propel them into superstar status. So far that's worked out for Lesnar, really really well, but if Undertaker is just to get his win back then it means nothing. You don't build up the outcome of a match for 22 years only for him to "get his win back"

Lesnar needs to win. He is currently carrying the streak's credibility and whoever gets the first clean win over him is essentially named the babyface who could have beaten the Undertaker at Mania. This is the whole reason why Reigns was getting so much backlash this year. They didn't want him to have that title.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Brock losing this match ruins the streak. The purpose of the streak was for it to be broken and that achievement to propel them into superstar status. So far that's worked out for Lesnar, really really well, but if Undertaker is just to get his win back then it means nothing. You don't build up the outcome of a match for 22 years only for him to "get his win back"

Lesnar needs to win. He is currently carrying the streak's credibility and whoever gets the first clean win over him is essentially named the babyface who could have beaten the Undertaker at Mania. This is the whole reason why Reigns was getting so much backlash this year. They didn't want him to have that title.

It wouldn't ruin the streak. The streak is a monumental achievement over 21 Wrestlemanias. Lesnar ending it didn't ruin it and Lesnar getting beat doesn't ruin. People will still talk about as the grand achievement it was.

Furthermore Lesnar was already a huge superstar beforehand. Yes the streak breaking added to that, but it hardly made him a star. Undertaker avenging his own loss in no way demeans the streak. Now if Gillberg beat Lesnar maybe. But the streak was Undettaker's accomplishment. So beating the guy that beat him doesn't devalue that loss. Joe DiMaggio eventually had to not get a hit and Ken Jennings had to lose a game. But the pitcher who beat DiMaggio didn't devalue the streak the next time he lost and the woman who beat Jennings lost the following day. Like DiMaggio and Jennings, regardless what happens going forward, the Streak will always look like the legendary achievement it is.

And as someone who rooted for it to end every year until it did, I still have to admit that.

Last edited:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
And don't forget about Kane. We could easily see him get involved.

NO NO NO NO GOD PLEASE NO NO NO

NO

NO

PLEASE NO

...it's going to happen isn't it

:facepalm2:

The thing is, if Lesnar ends the Streak and then Taker wins this because of a Kane run-in, how much interest will there be in a WM32 rematch?
There won't be any if Lesnar wins again. Best way to set that up is Taker winning a hard fart battle clean and that's literally the last thing I want to see lol
Can this match just not happen? Can they call like... Heath Slater as a last minute replacement for Undertaker?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
NO NO NO NO GOD PLEASE NO NO NO

NO

NO

PLEASE NO

...it's going to happen isn't it

:facepalm2:

The thing is, if Lesnar ends the Streak and then Taker wins this because of a Kane run-in, how much interest will there be in a WM32 rematch?
There won't be any if Lesnar wins again. Best way to set that up is Taker winning a hard fart battle clean and that's literally the last thing I want to see lol
Can this match just not happen? Can they call like... Heath Slater as a last minute replacement for Undertaker?

I'm with you on that. I don't wanna see it, but WWE has a long history of doing things I don't want to see.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I know taker won, technically, but does that really still count for the bet? Lol.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I smell pussying out. lol

The end result is what matters. We had a CLEAR winner and that was the deal.
It wasn't clear. It was controversial, very much so.

But, he did come out as the winner. I'm sticking to the bet, but that result was bs.