UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Dana jews the fighters again, no surprises there.

Weidman needs Wanderlei's agent. $250k to show, yet has a > 0.5 record in the UFC.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I love seeing streaks end, and upsets, so I'm hoping Weidman wins here. Also the pay difference is insane. But you can bet if he can pull out this win his numbers are going to go up by a lot.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Barboza with TKO via leg kicks, impressive.

Ed Herman is a bum and I'd expect him to be cut now.

Looking forward to Siver/Swanson!

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Total fluke.

Dademo

Reaction score
Oh my goodness. I'm still in disbelief Anderson just got knocked the fuck out. Good lord.

Creds to Chris Weidman. All I gotta say. He's the man. He's a good guy who deserves the belt and personally I think his reign will be long.

Anyways what happens to Anderson now?? I think if he's got 10 fights left he should just YOLO it and do a bunch of superfights, I know A LOT of people including me still want to see him fight

Guess I gotta change my avatar now!

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Heh... got back from Buffalos... had to gauge facebook first before coming here... but HOLY SHIT!

I mean the prelims were aight. Winning by leg kicks was good. The Swanson fight was good. After that I started dozing, then the other guy at the table started dozing. Just waiting for the main event and we watched... Silva clown the first round. I was thinkin he was bout to pull another Bonnar win over him.

Then the guy at the table was talkin bout how he keep doin that he gonna get clocked.

Well... foreshadowing much? Second round begins and Silva is clowning Weidman and gets caught. The place first is quiet and then it explodes. I'm like... mouth agape cause I didn't even know what to say. I had to see the replay to make sure I saw what I saw... and indeed... I just saw... Silva get knocked the fuck out.

That was just insane. You had folks cheerin and folks booin. They were so loud I couldn't even hear the post fight talks so we all left... but MANNNNNNNN... Silva lost? Silva lost? Really? I just watched Anderson Silva lose? Via KO? To Weidman?

Guarantee you not many knew who Weidman was before this fight but now... EVERYONE is gonna know who Chris Weidman is.

Hopefully Silva doesn't take a Fedor turn. But that does leave to question what is Silva gonna do now? He says he doesn't want to fight for the middleweight title so is he gonna move up? Move down? Cause there aren't really any other middleweight fights unless we get Silva/Vitor II

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Man.......The End of a near what? Seven-Eight years of dominance? I never thought dude would ever get beat.

But all I got to say is, I hope Weidman doesn't get caught on his next fight. If he does, the word "Fluke" is gonna be thrown around a lot.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
original.jpg

Well,Atleast Something Big Happen For My 1st UFC Show Though My BF Is Still Pissed lol.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Just watched the K.O and man that showmen stuff finally caught up to Silva. Totally backfired tonight and should be interesting to say the least to see where Chris and Anderson both go on from here esp Anderson.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This is Silva's Serra moment. I guess that he was eventually going to get caught out toying with opponents but this is crazy. Can't believe that Silva has actually been defeated in UFC and has lost that title.

Screws up the Jones super fight.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Fair play to Weidman, but Silva was far too full of himself. It's one thing doing the insane head movement, but all the rest of the theatrics were just embarrassing and he got what he rightfully deserved. There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance and I think he overstepped it last night and in turn lost his streak and the chance of the super fights.