UFC 147: Silva vs. Franklin II

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Sonnen-Silva moved to UFC 148, Aldo's fight is likely to move to 147 and yeah Chaels the fucking man. Until Jose Aldo's opponent is named i'm going to make this the UFC 147 Belfort vs. Silva thread.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
By the way for anybody who didn't see the press conference, here it is.

[video=youtube;BxuX2q9GGjg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BxuX2q9GGjg#![/video]

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
You scared the shit out of me, I've been out all day so havent seen the press conference yet, the first thing I saw was this thread title and thought Sonnen had pulled out and been replaced by Belfort. :lol:

Totally forgot WANDY Silva was on the card anyway.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
:lmao

Nah, UFC 148 was just made the best UFC card of all time. This card will be alright once Aldo gets officially moved to it.

Last edited:

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
Really not liking the direction this card is taking.

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah, but Jones/Henderson is likely to be added to the UFC 149 card to make up for it. I think Jones/Hendo would be a bigger draw than Aldo and whomever he's going to be fighting and if they can't get the Jones fight to happen on UFC 149, The Frankie Edgar vs Ben Henderson rematch has been rumored as the replacement to that fight. So I think the card will end up with a great main event and an OKAY under card.

By the way, i just realized you were from Canada, which would explain why you're so pissed off :lol:

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Fuck that card, Dana is taking the main event away from an already complete shit card in Calgary.

Fuck the UFC.

Ber happy you are getting a card, Vancouver had to sit through Chuck/Franklin and no Brock vs Junior and instead got Junior against another overmatched musclehead.

Ben

Reaction score
This card is pretty dismal even with Aldo getting added to it. Unless Aldo is fighting Frankie, there's no one to give him any sort of challenge, and Vitor is going to KO no chin Wandy easily.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Rumor is that Dana's pushing for Edgar to take this fight with Aldo, which is why Aldo's opponent hasn't been announced yet because they're in negotiations with Frankie.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well this card certainly loses its appeal as does the MW title fight. A big part of the appeal was it happening in Brazil and seeing how a crowd of 55k mad Brazilians react to Sonnen.

Belfort is going to beat Silva within a few minutes so it is going to be a massive let down.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I guess this card might still be in Brazil, but just a smaller region in the country that won't interfere with the UN Convention thing.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
NickeTheFace makes such awesome videos, here's the one he just made for Belfort vs. Silva 2

[video=youtube;bBUB7ZljnR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bBUB7ZljnR4[/video]

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is still in Brazil but without this fight it loses a lot of it's appeal. Can't see it doing that well outside of Brazil on PPV now.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I agree, Jose Aldo is basically guaranteed to be moved from UFC 149 to this card so that'll help out a bit and Wandy/Vitor will be good too, but neither would be bigger than Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen II, as that's the biggest rematch in UFC history.

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Was announced today that this show is staying in Brazil but no where near the UN Conventions so hotels and stuff wont be an issue, It's going to be in an outside Stadium. About 18K people can fit into the stadium.

method=get&rs=100&q=75&x=4&y=63&w=310&h=165&ro=0&s=estadio-jornalista-felippe-drummond-stadium.jpg