UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
In the most inevitable news of the decade, Overeem has failed a drug test and the main event is off.

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
Irony of ironies, Overeem failed his drug test. By a lot.

No one is sure whats going on, but unless a good reason is brough to light, this main event is cancelled.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Fuck. I go to work, come home and Overeem failing the drug test is the first thing i read about. :no: Also explains why they did a surprise drug test at the press conference.

Hopefully Frank Mir gets promoted to the main event, although in my opnion they should just scrap the Strike force heavyweight Grand Prix final, and let Barnett have a title shot.

Here's what Dana had to say about it, and he is PISSED. Understandable though.

I am beyond pissed about this. I’m so fucking mad right now I can’t even begin … The worst part is that he sat in front of us and lied to us. How fucking stupid do you have to be? Seriously dumb. Anybody who’s using (performance-enhancing drugs) right now is an absolute fucking moron. It’s beyond — what’s the word I’m looking for — it’s beyond belief. It’s beyond comprehension. You’re an absolute moron, a brain-dead absolute fucking dumb ass. It goes beyond a guy have any common sense whatsoever… I don’t have a plan-B. It doesn’t look good, does it? It doesn’t look good.”

Last edited:

Ben

Reaction score
Can his ass, he's prob been juicing for years, and he'll be shit now that he's off the stuff. Just sucks cause he's a marketable fighter. Need to hurry up and get Barnett in the UFC so he can be the face of the HW division :JC:

Just give it to Mir though, but after that they need to do something cause for the most part the HW division in the UFC is fucking weak, Mark Hunt being a few fights away from a title shot is a sign of that.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
With how pissed off Dana is it wouldn't surprise me if he got rid of Reem.

JOSH BARNETT OR FRANK MIR FOR CHAMPION, make it happen Dana.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Overatedreem got caught Overoiding.

So, he was jacked up when he fought Lesnar?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I did hear they thought he possibly was, but there's no way to confirm it now. So people just stopped with the rumor.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I did hear they thought he possibly was, but there's no way to confirm it now. So people just stopped with the rumor.

Lol, you could tell Allistair Overoids has been on the juice for quite some time anyway. Look at the guy. It took him a month to provide a mandatory urine sample following a request by the NSAC leading up to his fight against Brock Lesnar. He had 48 hours from the date of the request which was Nov. 17, to get himself to an accredited facility. He did not do so until Dec. 14.

What about here? Or the fight with Liddell.

mma_alistair_overeem.jpg

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i know. And I've thought he's been on something for awhile, as have half of the MMA world. So it wouldn't shock me if he was on something for the Brock fight and I'm not totally surprised that he failed here too, this drug test was a surprise test also so there's no way he could've tried to hide it. I'm glad he did get caught though, i wasn't pulling for him in the Dos Santos fight anyways.

Frank Mir is the likely replacement though in the fight.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah, most likely Frank Mir. Dana gonna have a bit of trouble now with this situation. I do wonder if the buyrate will be down now? Oh and one thing I find funny about Dana is his constant rude comments to people on twitter. :lmao You wouldn't see someone like Vince doing that.

Were you a Lesnar fan?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I think the buy rate should be right around the same, the UFC 146 card is still going to be crazy good. And yeah i was a fan of Brock, he brought my favorite sport to whole new heights. Awesome to see him back in WWE, gives me some more reason to actually watch Raw weekly again.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Overeem is an idiot if he is on drugs. Why did he think that he could get away with it? Will Dana fire him?

Ruins the mainevent but I wouldn't mind Mir getting a title shot in place of Overeem.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
It's hard to say, I think most people are going to say he should be cut. We'll have to wait and see, he's going to go through a process with the athletic commission. Guarantee he'll appeal everything with them but even so it's not looking too good for him as I think with how pissed off Dana is, that he'll get fired.

Just thinking about how they're going to rearrange the card is simple though.

Just move up Mir to fight JDS, move up Silva or call up Werdum to fight Cain then keep moving down the line and bring in a replacement to fight Struve and throw Mark Hunt/ROY Nelson together. Easy fix but still a huge blow to the UFC in terms of marketing.

Last edited:

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Well if I were Dana and a guy who was supposed to be contending for a world title has tested positive for Steroids then I would be pissed off as well the bottom line is if he is doing the roids he needs to be cut Dana has been clear on that for quite some time hell he was gonna cut Anderson Silva just for playing around with his opponent shows that he won't take any shit from anybody.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
The only problem with moving everyone like that so quick is... they've been training for their fighter for all this time and now cause of Overeem... everyone would pretty much have to change their gameplan on a whim. Mir can't train for JDS the same as he would for Cain, Werdum just fought at 143... he hasn't had another fight lined up so to get him in fight shape that quick wouldn't be worth it, Bigfoot been training for Nelson... world of difference there. Plus Cain been training for Mir... we're talking like world of difference there too.

Best thing to probably do though... just cancel the title fight and move a preliminary fight to the main card. We're already going to have a number one contendership fight on the card... no sense in ruining that and shuffling everything around. I mean on paper its easy but to actually pull it off with these guys and how they train... not so easy. So UFC 146... unless Overeem can find a way to get an appeal done so he can still fight... just cancel it. Which then means JDS is gonna have to wait a few more months considering how much of a war Cain/Mir could be. Cause then they'd have to get medical clearance then start training, and JDS... well he's just screwed.

And as far as the Lesnar/Overeem fight...

No retroactive penalty is likely. Though Overeem was given a conditional fighter's license to face Brock Lesnar late last year under terms that he would later provide two random tests, failing one of those random tests months later is not likely to change the fight result, Kizer said.

According to him, Overeem passed three urine test and one blood test around the Lesnar fight, and his samples from that time have likely been destroyed since.

Status
Not open for further replies.