UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Jones is pretty much unbeatable at 205, and the only way I see him loosing is if someone lands a huge punch and knocks him out, no one can sit and stand with him. Got to respect the guy though, he's fighting four times a year where some of the other champs are lucky to defend there belt twice in a calender year.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
He's supposed to be fighting Dan Henderson next, but honestly that's not really going to be much of a fight i think. He's been saying he wants to fight at heavyweight, and he could do it easily. When not in training he's walking around at 230-245 pounds. Think he'll make his HW debut before the year is over honestly.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Live gate was 2.3 Million, 15K in attendance.

Submission of the night was Travis Browne, Knockout of the night was Ben Rothwell and Fight of the night was Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin.

Ben

Reaction score
If Henderson doesn't land a huge punch in the first 2 rounds that fight is pretty much over. Don't think he should move up either, as he's got rematches and a few other guys he could fight at LHW. Let him tear up the division for the rest of the year and maybe into next.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Way better than I ever thought possible from this card, probably the best since Shogun/Hendo.

All the main card fights were decent - great. Homnick/Yagin was brilliant, reminded me of Korean Zombie v Leonard Garcia with one guy striking wildly and the other picking him apart with technical, precise strikes. Both guys faces were a total mess too. FTR I had Homnick winning but it was close enough either way, no controversy. Hominick fights almost exactly like Martin Kampmann.

Fucking hell Torres. Mike McDonald needs to sort his bacne out though.

:lol: @ Schaub's face after being KO'd :lol: Rothwell's chin was legit though, took some nasty uppercuts in that exchange and shrugged them off easily. Pretty gutted, Schaub goes down the the back of the line at HW now.

'Beautiful' Che Mills? Are you serious bro?

Main event went pretty much as expected, kinda worried me when Shad landed the head kick but whatever, Jones toyed with him. Hendo will be way harder than that though, he doesn't have a glass chin, has more power than Shad and is at least equal to him in wrestling terms. Its his only test left at the weight though.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Welllll... I am back... I am worn out... but MANNNNNN it was electric. There were some duds on the card for real but the card overall... was pretty good. Can't really ummm... get all into it now cause my mind is still pretty much out of it. But... heh mannn it was crazy.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
man rashod caught a 5 round ass whipping.i thought hed pull the upset.

Ryan

Reaction score
I was pulling for Rashad but he got it handed to him. I was actually really disappointed that he could land more shots. I think Jones reach really played to his advantage; Rashad couldn't even get within striking distance. Then, in the fifth round, I figured that Rashad would at least attempt a finish since there is no way he could've actually thought he had a chance if it went to the judges and he still didn't try to go in. I agree that Hendo will be a bigger challenge, but I still don't know if he can beat Jones. When you take Jones's skill into account mixed with his reach which basically insures that opponent's can't get near, I think it may be a bit much for Hendo but we'll see. I'm hoping Hendo wins when he gets his shot because I just don't like Jones attitude. Last night in the pre-fight promo, he was talking about how Rashad is disrespectful and cocky and I was just thinking how hypocritical that was. Jones talks his shit all day long. If Hendo doesn't win though, then UFC is just gonna have another division absolutely dominated by the champion.

AF.

Reaction score
Jones/Evans was a terrible fight. Makes me wonder why I started (briefly) watching this sport again. If I wanted to see two men dancing around each other I'd go watch You Got Served.

Makes me wonder why, if you know you're gonna lose the fight, you have 5 minutes to try and bring things back in your favour and you do absolutely nothing about it?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Jones/Evans wasn't the greatest fight, but the rest of the card was really good for an under card that nobody cared about going into the actual PPV, so i was happy.

Also I have no clue what Rashad was doing at all, he seemed really gassed after 4 rounds and just seemingly gave up.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I thought the main event of this was ok, but I kinda felt like it somewhat left me shortchanged. There was so much hype going into this fight, but I don't think the actual fight itself followed up. There was all the talk of the hatred and wanting to destroy each other and stuff but none of that really translated across. Jones was just toying with Rashad for the last three rounds and Rashad just looked bewildered and didn't offer up anything that made me think he could win the damn fight. Just didn't seem to be no passion there really, however i'm sure we'll get it in abundance when Chael/Anderson meet again.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Agreed. It would've been Ideal if one of them Ko'd the other, that's how a rivalry should end in the UFC.