UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Not sure about him being championship material, but he beat a solid gatekeeper in Kongo.

Give him Struve next, then move him to the Carwins and Nogs of the division.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Hunt said he wants to fight on the Australia card this week :lol: Dana pretty much shot that idea down though.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Thought I'd post this picture, it's the computer model that calculates scores for UFC fights in this case it's for the Edgar/Bendo fight, this pretty much says that there was no controversy in that fight and Bendo won. The total performance rating for Edgar got cut off but he scored a 41.
2hg7445.jpg

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What fights did you bet on? i was going to bet on Edgar/Bendo and Bader/Page and would've won big but i ran out of time.

And also Dod if you see this, i guess tasking Kongo by KO wasn't as smart a bet as originally thought.

I took Henderson and Bader to win, I also got odds of $4.40 at one betting site, compared to $3 at the rest, for Edgar/Henderson to be FOTN which I thought was always going to happen. Then during the event I checked the odds on my phone and one website had an underdogs special Bader/Henderson/Hunt to win at $18. I saw this after Hunt won so I put $10 on it, it was still up when Bader was winning and I tried to get more on it but it wouldn't let me. Normally I shy away from betting on MMA because it is so unpredictable and you never know what the judges will do but the odds on offer were too good.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I also have to add in that Hunt was my dark horse of this PPV. He came out and proved himself once again championship material. He made clean easy work on Kongo. He was just so humble in his post fight interview with Joe Rogan as well.

Not sure about him being a championship contender, he will need to win a couple more fights before he gets close in my opinion. There are too many others ahead of him in the title scene and he hasn't beaten any top contenders yet. Kongo is kind of the gatekeeper to the top fighters in the divsion so next up Hunt should face another guy near the title. He was great after the fight, nice to see a humble winner that doesn't go asking for a title shot right away.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Tim Boestch wants to fight Hendo next

“Honestly, the name that really pops in my head is Dan Henderson just because they’re wondering what to do with him. Dan Henderson has been a hero of mine since I started in this sport. I really admire the guy. He’s a great fighter, been at the top for a long time. I think part of taking that step to the next level is beating one of your hero’s and for me, that would be Dan Henderson. I think that would be interesting and very exciting.”

Last weekend at UFC 144 Tim Boetsch upset top contender Yushin Okami after getting battered for the first two rounds to come back and finish him in the third. Now “The Barbarian” wants a shot at Dan Henderson.

I say just make it happen so Hendo has somebody to fight while he waits for the winner of Jones/Shad and this way he stops complaining about not having a fight.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not sure why Boetsch would jump up another weight class again to face Hendo, doubt Henderson wants to cut all that weight again.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Tim Boetsch? :lol:

If Hendo is turning down names like Machida and Lil' Nog then I very much doubt Boetsch is on his radar.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
And also Dod if you see this, i guess tasking Kongo by KO wasn't as smart a bet as originally thought.

That fight was so illogical. Fucking Kongo.

Glad Edgar got his ass kicked (again) and finally had a decision go against him. If he gets an immediate rematch then something really isn't right.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
:lol:

And yeah, i don't see him getting a rematch right away that division is so stacked right now i think it makes most sense to get some different people in contention for the title, there's Pettis, Jim Miller, Nate Diaz just to name a few that all want to fight for the title next.

And Dana kind of put himself in a bad way at the press conference after UFC 144, to start it off he said that Pettis was the new number one contender then the Diaz/Miller fight was brought up and he backed off Pettis and said the winner of that fight gets to fight Benson first.

He REALLY wants Edgar to drop down to feather weight though, and honestly i think he takes the bait and makes the move.

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Dan Henderson on Rampage Jackson's loss at UFC 144 to Ryan Bader:

Good fight for Bader. Rampage has never been the smartest fighter.

Might be just me but rampages stomach is hanging out past his dicky do. Not really ably to get aggressive.

Bader fought great. Nice job. Quinton looks like he just showed up to get paid.

He makes fair points but still, Them fighting words. :ARN:

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Was Rampage sick before the fight because he did seem a bit more out of shape than usual?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Not sure, he did say he injured his knee like a week before the fight or something and that's what kept him from making weight at 205, even weighing 211 though he looked out of shape and not as defined as he usually does it showed in the fight after that huge slam he pulled off in the fight he seemed compltely gassed the rest of the fight. Might be age catching up with him honestly.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It was telling that when the fight was over he remained on the ground trying to catch his breath. He is very close to retirement now.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Pretty much, I just can't see him getting a fight anytime soon Dana was legitimately disappointed that he missed weight and performed poorly in the fight with Bader.

Dana really needs to sit down with him and have the " Do you really want to be a fighter anymore" talk with him.