UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Oh yea. He's arrived and put the fans and the fighters on notice. Great night of fights all the way down the card. Especially the comeback win by Boetsch. Bout to watch the press conference.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Just got back from Buffalos watching the whole thing... what a night of fights indeed.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Rampage messed he knee up when Bader slammed him.

Hopefully Rampage comes back stronger and better without the knee injury and will be around for years to come.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Great fights, did shit on the predictions though.

Pettis KO was sick, clean to the jaw. Good he got it over quickly because I fancied him to get subbed in this one.

Missed Hioki and Okami, was watching the Broner & Maidana fights.

Shields stand up looked dreadful, especially his kicks. Last round was really exciting though, Shields nearly had him tapping. Akiyama looked good though despite losing, TDD was fantastic and he should stay at welter if he isnt cut.

Seeing Slampage back was a cool moment, other than that it was same old shit like I've said for months. The guy is finished now. Didn't like Bader's spoiler tactics btw.

Jesus does Edgar take a beating like a boss, looked like got his nose kicked off his face. Close fight but I had it 4 - 1 Bendo with Edgar taking the 1st. Edgar was catching all Bens kicks though even with one eye closed. The only glaring weakness with Bendo here was how easy Edgar took him down. Such a beast though, well deserved.

I hope Edgar is Melendez' next fight, would easily be GM's best opponent so far. Hope he stays at 155 though, hes been mega competitive so far in the best division there is, no shame in losing to a stud like Henderson.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
I honestly like what Rogan was saying throughout the Broadcast. I would like to see either Edgar drop down, or have Jose come up and see that fight. Another super fight I want to see but don't know if it'll ever happen is Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva. They have the same fight style and I think it would be a tremendous fight.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Jones/Silva will never happen, Anderson is afraid :DLO:

Anyways, short press conference after the fight, Dana sounded off at the Judges/Refs again for some of the decisions made in a few of the fights. But overall he was pleased with the whole night and had every fighter who competed on the main card show up at the press conference, Dana also said that Pettis was the number one contender after tonight, then somebody brought up Diaz/Miller and he back tracked a little bit.

Bendo/Frankie Edgar was fight of the night, the Pettis kick was KO of the night and Vaughan Lee won submission of the night. All 65K bounses.

Great PPV, better than the last two shows they put on now We're off to the god awful UFC on FX card next week. :side

Last edited:

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
I know Anderson is scared because he hasn't been dominant in his past few fights and Jones is basically the exact same fighter as Silva. Silva has no clear advantages and doesn't really like to be on his back where I'm sure Jones would put him for most of the fight.

The press conference was alright. I also noticed Dana backtracking once Diaz/Miller was brought up, and how another reporter pretty much tried to throw Joe Rogan under the bus for things he's said throughout broadcasts.

Yea I honestly have no interest in the FX fights other then Jose.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Also thought I'd mention how awesome it is that two former WEC champions are now UFC champions, not a big fan of Condit but it's still pretty cool i think as i was a huge WEC fan.

Last edited:

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Also thought I'd mention how awesome it is that two former WEC champions are now UFC champions, not a big fan of Condit but it's still pretty cool i think as i was a huge WEC fan.

It's always awesome to see these guys come out of the WEC and just take their spot in the company. I wish Donald Cerrone would of done it alot better then he has, cause he was also one of my favorite fighters in the WEC.

Also on a side not I didnt mean Jose in my above post xD.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Watched the PPV today, six hours of action and it was so good to watch.

First I have to say that Henderson looked awesome tonight. Controlled the fight and he clearly won, don't know what Edgar was on about with him thinking he won. Edgar just had to look in the mirror to see he lost, Edgar did no damage whereas Henderson did a lot of damage. I actually thought that Edgar won the first and last rounds with Henderson winning the other three but the first round was close. Great performance by Henderson and I can't wait to see him fight Pettis. I just wish Henderson hit that spinning kick when Edgar held his leg in the first round.

Bader looked great tonight and predictably beat Rampage. Rampage did pull off the coolest move on the night with his slam on Bader. Good to see Bader back on track after that shock loss to Tito Ortiz.

Mark Hunt was solid tonight and I love how relaxed he is in post fight interviews. Doesn't talk himself up and doesn't feel the need for trash talk. I can see UFC booking him against Nelson next.

Akiyama was robbed against Sheilds, he clearly won the fight 29-28 and I have no idea how ALL judges scored it 30-27 for Shields. Akiyama stopped every single takedown in the first two rounds and he took Shields down in each round with great judo takedowns. Shields landed more punches but they were some of the weakest shots you will see and Akiyama landed much bigger hits. Shields won the last thanks to finally hitting a takedown but there is no way he won the first two rounds.

Okami vs. Boestch was so good. Okami destroyed him in the first two rounds and really should have finished him in the first. Boestch made a superman comeback in the third, not sure why Okami was running away when he was barely tagged, but his uppercuts against the cage were huge.

Pettis looked incredible against Lauzon and I can't wait to see him against Henderson.

On the undercard Tamura's KO of Tiequan was one of the most brutal KO punches I have ever seen.

Overall it was a fantastic six hours of action plus thanks to some bets I am $500 up for the day so it turns it into a brilliant way to spend a Sunday.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole

First I have to say that Henderson looked awesome tonight. Controlled the fight and he clearly won, don't know what Edgar was on about with him thinking he won. Edgar just had to look in the mirror to see he lost, Edgar did no damage whereas Henderson did a lot of damage. I actually thought that Edgar won the first and last rounds with Henderson winning the other three but the first round was close. Great performance by Henderson and I can't wait to see him fight Pettis. I just wish Henderson hit that spinning kick when Edgar held his leg in the first round.

Bader looked great tonight and predictably beat Rampage. Rampage did pull off the coolest move on the night with his slam on Bader. Good to see Bader back on track after that shock loss to Tito Ortiz.

Mark Hunt was solid tonight and I love how relaxed he is in post fight interviews. Doesn't talk himself up and doesn't feel the need for trash talk. I can see UFC booking him against Nelson next.

Akiyama was robbed against Sheilds, he clearly won the fight 29-28 and I have no idea how ALL judges scored it 30-27 for Shields. Akiyama stopped every single takedown in the first two rounds and he took Shields down in each round with great judo takedowns. Shields landed more punches but they were some of the weakest shots you will see and Akiyama landed much bigger hits. Shields won the last thanks to finally hitting a takedown but there is no way he won the first two rounds.

Okami vs. Boestch was so good. Okami destroyed him in the first two rounds and really should have finished him in the first. Boestch made a superman comeback in the third, not sure why Okami was running away when he was barely tagged, but his uppercuts against the cage were huge.

Pettis looked incredible against Lauzon and I can't wait to see him against Henderson.

On the undercard Tamura's KO of Tiequan was one of the most brutal KO punches I have ever seen.

Overall it was a fantastic six hours of action plus thanks to some bets I am $500 up for the day so it turns it into a brilliant way to spend a Sunday.

I agree with Edgar/Henderson. I don't know why Dana White and Edgar made it out to be such a little difference. Watching this fight I honestly would of called it four rounds to one. Henderson dominated Edgar the whole fight, and you can clearly tell who did more damage by just looking at each other's faces. The turning point of that fight had to be the upkick by Henderson that caught Edgar cleanly and rocked him. If there was another minute on the clock that fight would of been over right there.

Bader did beat Rampage yes. Rampage had a nasty slam that was kind of hard to watch cause Bader could of had his arm snapped right there by trying to catch himself. I like Bader don't get me wrong but via post fight press conference we did learn that Rampage was running on a bum knee. I'd like to see Bader/Rampage again with Rampage completely healthy. Would be one hell of a fight for sure.

Meh I honestly thought Shields won the fight every round. Might of not been the hardest punches he threw, but he connected way more.

Boestch came back and stole that fight. Made the incredible comeback and landed a nasty uppercut. I like him. He's tough and has a strong chin.

I'm going to have to look up the Pettis fight later today cause I missed it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Downloading this now so will take a while, hopefully i'll get to watch it before the nights out.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
I also have to add in that Hunt was my dark horse of this PPV. He came out and proved himself once again championship material. He made clean easy work on Kongo. He was just so humble in his post fight interview with Joe Rogan as well.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score

What fights did you bet on? i was going to bet on Edgar/Bendo and Bader/Page and would've won big but i ran out of time.

And also Dod if you see this, i guess tasking Kongo by KO wasn't as smart a bet as originally thought.