TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dave Kingston

Reaction score
I'm mulling over if I should or shouldnt continue with my BTB. Thing I forgot to mention I work 60 hours a week. Im not sure if I should carry on with my BTB as it has potential or leave it a month to start up a similar one but write at least a months worth of shows to keep myself on track. Advice...?

CT Styles

To be honest, it's really up to you. You don't have to start a new one, people seem to forget there's always the option of leaving it for a while and coming back to it, which is what I'm currently doing. For memory, your BTB is RAW, SmackDown! and ECW so that already is a bit of a task but I seem to remember your shows being pretty compact. It's up to you, whatever you think is right.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I think that it's come time that I retire from BTB'ing. It's just not fun for me anymore. Near the end it was more like work than anything. This really sucks because I have so much stuff planned out, but I don't want to write it. Maybe something will make me change my mind, but right now it's looking like I'm done. This has been a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone that supported POI over this past year. I'll try to pop in every once and awhile to give out some booking advice.

In the end who knows, maybe I'll be back. If writing the book that I'm planning doesn't go well, you probably will see POI return.

TheKames23

Reaction score
Man that sucks. I never really was around for your work, but this forum needs every BTB it can get right now to try and get this section of the forum going again, and losing one isn't very good. But it's your decision, if your burnt out, you better just quite for now. Maybe in the future you will be able to come back and continue your BTB.

seX-Power

I think that it's come time that I retire from BTB'ing. It's just not fun for me anymore. Near the end it was more like work than anything. This really sucks because I have so much stuff planned out, but I don't want to write it. Maybe something will make me change my mind, but right now it's looking like I'm done. This has been a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone that supported POI over this past year. I'll try to pop in every once and awhile to give out some booking advice.

In the end who knows, maybe I'll be back. If writing the book that I'm planning doesn't go well, you probably will see POI return.

:cry:

You were probably one of the best guys on here comic, and it's sad to see you go, especially after you've improved so much over the past year or so. Goodbye.

*teary love ballad starts playing*

CT Styles

A sad loss to a section which is already losing more and more activity. Hopefully, one day we'll see you back.

On another note, I'm building up a scenario where the career of a superstar is ended (without giving away too much) the certain superstar who ends this career would be put over huge as a heel and I'm currently thinking around MVP to be the man to do it as he's in a thug/IED gimmick in my thread but I'm still unsure as to whether he should be the one, here's a list of all midcard talent in my thread if you have other suggestions or ideas..

Christian
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Dolph Ziggler
Elijah Burke
Evan Bourne
Jeff Hardy
John Morrison
Kane
Kofi Kingston
Monty Brown
Montel Vontavious Porter
Mr. Kennedy
Ron Killings
Shelton Benjamin
Ted DiBiase

seX-Power

MVP is a good choice CT, his character fits well and if this elevates him to the Main Event then that's all well and good.

Also, to reply to your No Way Out review, I was only really trialling the comedy thing in the commentary so I won't be doing that in the next event, and I'll be taking the commentary out of the matches.

-TJ-

CT that is a good way to elevate MVP into the main event and make him somewhat feared. You would get the face main eventers to challenge MVP to honor that superstar, but MVP either does extremely well or wins. It's all good.

seX-Power

Just a message to Pat (Moonlight Drive) in that if he still wants to do a partnered BTB I'm up for it. I feel like doing a little side project as my Raw BTB is running smooth although I'm taking it slowly for a while. Anyway Pat, you made a partner request a fortnight or so ago, and if nobody's accepted I'd be happy to do a partnered BTB with you.

Dave Kingston

Reaction score
I’m sticking with the BTB for the long term and Smackdown will be posted very soon, also thanks for peoples support. Anyway on certain brands I’m encountering minor problems including these.

The lack of heel main eveners on RAW: Randy Orton is the main Raw heel but theres no other heel similar to his calibre. I have giant heels like Big Show and Umaga but personally I’m not a fan of big superstars, honestly the only superstar who could fit the bill is MVP if I gave him a giant push. Sticking to RAW the reason why I drafted DH Smith to Raw will be revealed soon.

For ECW I’m encountering the same problem but in reverse as theres a lack of face superstars, Punk and Kennedy are both in a tweener feud and I‘ve only got Christian apart from those. Dreamer to me is versatile but not what I’m looking for, DJ Gabriel no way, Sim Snuka I’m going to carry on with his gradual push which eventually adds more depth in his character but like I said gradually. Reading comments about Kendrick I agree he’s better as a heel and I’m going to make the transition quickly and I’m considering him teaming him with an ECW upstart. Three names Ive thought about bringing to ECW are Gregory Helms honestly he’s surplus to requirements at SD, R-Truth from RAW just drafted but he’s got all the potential to rise to the top and lastly a superstar from FCW who’s a former TNA superstar who could fit in quickly. The new ECW GM will be announced on the next show, ECW's kind of lost its mojo and this guy will help restore it.

For Smackdown everything is in place. I’m planning a massive push to a young face superstar, putting together two novelty face tag teams and contemplating splitting up two teams who I have no plans for. I’m thinking of brining the SD tag titles back.

Also I’m planning standard “Climate Cuts” and I’ll fill in the gaps with only the best FCW development talent.

seX-Power

I’m sticking with the BTB for the long term and Smackdown will be posted very soon, also thanks for peoples support. Anyway on certain brands I’m encountering minor problems including these.

The lack of heel main eveners on RAW: Randy Orton is the main Raw heel but theres no other heel similar to his calibre. I have giant heels like Big Show and Umaga but personally I’m not a fan of big superstars, honestly the only superstar who could fit the bill is MVP if I gave him a giant push. Sticking to RAW the reason why I drafted DH Smith to Raw will be revealed soon.

For ECW I’m encountering the same problem but in reverse as theres a lack of face superstars, Punk and Kennedy are both in a tweener feud and I‘ve only got Christian apart from those. Dreamer to me is versatile but not what I’m looking for, DJ Gabriel no way, Sim Snuka I’m going to carry on with his gradual push which eventually adds more depth in his character but like I said gradually. Reading comments about Kendrick I agree he’s better as a heel and I’m going to make the transition quickly and I’m considering him teaming him with an ECW upstart. Three names Ive thought about bringing to ECW are Gregory Helms honestly he’s surplus to requirements at SD, R-Truth from RAW just drafted but he’s got all the potential to rise to the top and lastly a superstar from FCW who’s a former TNA superstar who could fit in quickly. The new ECW GM will be announced on the next show, ECW's kind of lost its mojo and this guy will help restore it.

For Smackdown everything is in place. I’m planning a massive push to a young face superstar, putting together two novelty face tag teams and contemplating splitting up two teams who I have no plans for. I’m thinking of brining the SD tag titles back.

Also I’m planning standard “Climate Cuts†and I’ll fill in the gaps with only the best FCW development talent.

Good to see this, your BTB is one that I have enjoyed recently. You are lucky with the attention you have gotten as most noobs don't get this, so take it as a positive and be motivated to write more shows. As for your heel/face problems, I say elevate some people, as otherwise you shit on your draft, which isn't a good booking decision.

CT Styles

Since you've just had your draft either way if you swap people it's going to be a tad awkward. My advice would be to plan ahead a draft so you get the outcome you want. For a main event heel on RAW, I'd say John Morrison because I love him.

Dave Kingston

Reaction score
Morrison's on SD.

The only choices I have are:
MVP
Jack Swagger
The Miz
Santino

Big Show, Vladimir Kozlov and Umaga are my only other options.

CT Styles

I'm aware Morrison's on SmackDown! I was just saying, you may need to perform a trade or switch. None of those guys you have really fit the bill except for MVP.

-TJ-

Well you can announce some backstage post draft trading. That's the only way you can change around that would make sense. Change jobbers around a bit and move the guys you want to be move. Thats the only way i see how.