• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TT.Tiger tamer

Vaan1221

Reaction score
I was thinking of working with a New Nation of Domination Angle on NEWA! Also building towards big shows has shown to work against me, so Im going to probuly cut Impacts to a 3 match type of show and keep Raw at 6-5.

The Anigma

Reaction score
Cool... i guess we can ask questions & discuss what to do in our here!

I'll start off... for a PPV or a super-card of sorts, how many gimmick matches are advisable in your opinions?

Obviosuly it's nice to have one to spice up the event but how many do you think is enough or too much! Also how many matches overall should be on a PPV in your opinions?

I would say that a maximum of 2 gimmick matches are advisable. There should be an overall of 8 matches in a pay-per-view though it depends on how big your roster is. If there isn't enough rivalries happening to have 8 matches then you should have 6. Maximum 8 matches overall and a minimum of 6 overall.

The Anigma

Reaction score
You should definatly have one in there, you could get away with two but no more than that i would have thought.

Here is a question how long should a feud last?

I believe that a feud should last a maximum of 6 months...3 at the least...but that's just my opinion. Really, it depends on how well the feud is evolving and if the readers are taking a liking to it because if your readers are saying that it's not going good than it would be smart to end it or at least pick up the slack and make it more interesting. But to answer your question, WG, I believe that at the most a feud should last 6 months tops...

Switchy

Reaction score
F55: Well since you have an ECW BTB I would say you could have around 1/4 of the matches gimick matches.

WG: I it's a high profile feud then make it around 2-3 months. In real wrestling it would be longer but BTB's kinda drag on if you make it longer than that and for lower feuds maybe 1-2 months.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
It depends really where you consist a feud happening or ending!

it's cool if you can just tease it for a few weeks/months as your building up hyp without it actually getting the rivalry stale!

& Switchy, like the real ECW i'm trying to de-emphasize the "Extreme" rules for like every show. I'm only considering two gimmick matches for my next PPV (Was 3 but plans changed)!

The Rated R CMStar

Man I have lasted long writting my PPV.

As for how many gimmick matches, I would say it really depends. As you know gimmick matches are saved for ending feuds, so it depends on which stage a feud arrives to the PPV, if you come to a PPV and 4 of your feuds are ending, therefore you would have 4 gimmick matches. Take for example my latest PPV: Rebellion.

1. Stretcher Match
2. Hardcore Match
3. Barbwired Massacre
4. TLC Match.

Also I would say that in BTB a feud should last, being major, 3 or 4 PPVs.

By the way, I have a question. I have a major debut in the line in BTW. So what do you guys think would be a better way to debut the wrestler: Interfering in a high profile match or slowly build him up with tricks or promos concerning his debut. The thing is that he is so stablished that the slowly build up wouldn't be so wise.

The Anigma

Reaction score
Man I have lasted long writting my PPV.

As for how many gimmick matches, I would say it really depends. As you know gimmick matches are saved for ending feuds, so it depends on which stage a feud arrives to the PPV, if you come to a PPV and 4 of your feuds are ending, therefore you would have 4 gimmick matches. Take for example my latest PPV: Rebellion.

1. Stretcher Match
2. Hardcore Match
3. Barbwired Massacre
4. TLC Match.

Also I would say that in BTB a feud should last, being major, 3 or 4 PPVs.

By the way, I have a question. I have a major debut in the line in BTW. So what do you guys think would be a better way to debut the wrestler: Interfering in a high profile match or slowly build him up with tricks or promos concerning his debut. The thing is that he is so stablished that the slowly build up wouldn't be so wise.

If he's already established than I would have him interfere in a high-profile match though it really depends on how you plan on using him. If you want him to be included in the fued that the high-profile match is for then I would have him interfere in it but if you just want him to be debuted than I would do the build-up through promos. Just what I think...

TRI

Reaction score
^Not really, not all feuds that end have to end in a gimmick match. I'd say 1 or 2 is the maximum, nothing more or it will be a little repetitive.

The Rated R CMStar

I have to agree with that, it is a little repetitive.

I am really not sure on how I will use him. The high profile match is one in which the winner gets a shot at the World Title, and if he interferes that match maybe I could automatically insert him in the title picture. That's the negative, as I have big plans for my top feud right now: Edge vs Randy Orton.

Thanx for the help, and I have one question: What do you think in how the HHH/Christian Cage 3 PPV feud ended, with them at the end joining forces?

TRI

Reaction score
It wouldn't make much sense really to have them be feuding for such a long time only for it to not really add up to anything. I wouldn't do it, but it would be cool to see you try to work it out.

How about this for a storyline. In my old thread I was thinking about at Survivor Series having a 5 on 5 War Games match between Ric Flair and Mick Foley for the General Managership of Smackdown. What do you guys think about that?

I'm not really a Booker because I don't like writing shows but I read almost every BTB, no reviews or anything cause I'm lazy.

Here is a good Storyline that you can use as a Babyface vs Heel Feud.

Storyline: Babyface vs Heel (Main Event)
Scenario: Post PPV Wrestling Show after a Great Match.
Purpose: To have a good build Rivalry, Debut a Superstar or to build up to a future Rivalry.

It all starts when a babyface is celebrating his victory on the last PPV when he had a great World Championship Match and is in the ring thanking the fans for supporting him so much and while he his having his nice little speach the Heel comes out, it can be a New Superstar having a debut or just the old heel of your Roster that your looking to push in the future, then the heel says that the guy did nothing at the PPV infact his so called "Great Match" was boring because he was in it, does some old heel tricks (Insulting fans etc.) and then the Babyface shouts "If your man enough then come down to the ring and face me one on one you asshole" And then you have a Classic Match, the next week a few shoots by the heel and promo's by the Babyface. Continue this and build up a Rivalry.

And don't hesitate to visit C4's BTB Pictures Request Thread in the GFX Help/Request Section. For all your BTB Solutions.

^ Was that an Insult or compliment.
Here are some othe interesting Storylines you bookers should use.

Storyline: New Face Superstar vs. Heel (Upper mid Card, Main Event)
Scenario: Heel having party backstage,
Purpose: Direct Push to a new comer.

If you want to put one of your newest Superstars on the Main Event spot then just don’t directly do it, have a short Storyline surrounding it, this one helps a lot so try it.
Heel celebration/party/gathering backstage were all the heels are invited and they are drinking and having party or talking, the new Superstar then comes and asks if he can join in (I’m new Angle) or he directly comes in and stops the party. In both cases the heel offensively answers the new guy and tells him to run away, the face gets angry and/or challenges the heel to a match/fight and that’s it you have a first-class match. Keep building the Superstar for a while and then have him challenge the World Champion to have a direct push for the new guy, or do anything with guy now, as he is a build superstar it depends upon you what angle you choose next.

Storyline: Heel vs. Heel (Lower Mid card, mid card)
Scenario: Fight between two heels backstage,
Purpose: Have a Wrestler leave, firing.

If you want a dull Superstar to leave then you can do the Authority dismissal angle or have a nice “Your fired” Storyline. Here is how it goes; two heels are behind the scenes bragging to each other about their recent accomplishments when one says that he is better than the other. They have a 2 minute cold war and finally one attacks the other, security separates and the Authority figure comes and then he announces the 1vs1 that the fans will see next show and the loser will leave the Company forever, then you do anything have the less talented guy leave or just stop the Match, depends upon you, the base of the Storyline is created now you have to end it some way or the other.

Storyline: Baby face vs. heel (Mid Card, Upper Mid Card, Main Event)
Scenario: Heel on Commentary with your announcers.
Purpose: Continue or Re-build a dull or past Storyline, have heel announcer wrestle.

The heel is the special commentator for a Match or just the normal heel announcer is there, the match in which one of his past rivals is involved (not necessary) but I’m focusing on rebuilding a past feud. So the match begins and in the middle of the match the heel gives a totally Blue comment on the face, match ends face wins and the show is over, next week the face comes out at the start of the show and shows footage of last week when the announcer made that comment. He demands the guy to come out, the heel comes out and does the old heel tactics to get some heat and then insults the face, the face runs over and has a brawl with the heel, security separates and now you have a Classic heel vs. face Storylines, from this point onwards you can have the announcer come out of that position or if he was a retired wrestler then he comes out of retirement, if he was already a superstar who was on special commentary then you can have a Main Event feud between the two, anything you want to do. You are the booker after all!