TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WCW Rules

Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from, but when I don't go through with what I have planned, it's not just that people think I can't last with a BTB, it's that I feel like I'm failing myself, by not being able to go through with what I set out to do.

Of course, I've known the feeling 11 times, but through those 11 times, I enjoyed what I did, and I knew it was good, and so did the people reading it, and it was fun. I go through cycles of ideas whereupon I can never stick to one thing, which is an unfortunate stigma in some respects, but it can also breath new and fresh ideas. However, you shouldn't be too hard on yourself if you fail, because as the old addage goes, it's not whether you fail, it's when you give up. Do you have fun while producing shows? Do you want yourself and others to be proud? If so, it should not matter whether a thread is long lasting or whether you pull through with your plans, because in the end, Being The Booker is all in the spirit of booking and enjoying what you're doing. There should be no pressure regarding the longevity of a thread, and I know there are bookers who pride themselves on long lasting threads, and look down upon those who stop their BTBs because of lack of motivation or wanting to go through other ideas, only for them to fail. Who cares, though? As long as you enjoy it, and this is the main focal point I'm trying to get across, you can thus go on with your life, doing what you like to do.

And before anyone tells me, "Oh, but you critique comicgeekelly on his shows, telling him to improve and so forth. I thought it was about having fun? Hypocrite." Of course I want him (comicgeekelly) to have fun, but I also want him to improve, so hr can see the progress of his shows and what he can do if he gets them up to that level, therefore enhancing his enjoyment of what he's producing. That's all. Have fun, you don't need to take my words to heart, they're only there if you wanna heed them.

And yes, I understand this is an Internet forum and people do not take things seriously, but you can apply my above words to anything you do in life, regardless of whether it's on an eForum or a situation in your life. Cliche, true and tried, exhaustive, and corny, I know, but that's why is a misquote. Thank you for listening.

The Rated R CMStar

1 segment left and my show will be ready. Damn, hard week lol

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
We are going Global. Nonstop Grappling will be shown as you prepare for the Xperience. SAVE.US 621191119

xtremebadass

whenever I had the feeling of quitting PRIDE, the thing I would do is delay the hell out of the shows. I would post a preview, take a week off, let the hype build and then find my niche again to post a show. I delayed the PPV for almost two months, and I think that was such a good decision because everyone talks highly of it.

It can so go the opposite way H4H. I took so much time writing Bound for Glory, to build the hype, people actually got tired of waiting. It was only a month, but I guess the TNA iMPACT! hype was dying down altogether and that's the way the cookie crumbled. Pretty sad really :(

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Yeah, I think HEW hype is declining as well, but I still have some plans for it :(. It might come to an end after its Anniversary PPV.

xtremebadass

Yea Levi, the normal span for a BTB is probably a year. I fear when WrestleMania rolls around for me, the readers won't be hooked that well, which will make Mania look like crap.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
HEW is over a year now lol, since I started it last May 2007 but I got so much delays that I might post my Anniversary PPV 2 months from now.

The Rated R CMStar

Same here. I am delayed like 3 months. I remember that I was posting my Rebellion PPV almosst simultanously with Summerslam 07, and I am still far from posting my Wrestlebowl PPV.

Moonlight Drive

OK folks I've got a problem.

I still love doing BTB, but I am finding writing out the weekly shows very tedious. But I love doing the feuds and the storylines, and the promos, and the PPV's. It's just I can't stand doing weekly shows, it feels more like a chore than fun right now. Can anyone suggest a way that I could get around it? Like a different style, or just not writing the weekly shows and doing an extremely in-depth PPV preview?

I'm up for just about anything right now

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I'm not quite sure on this one, as I usually love writing my weekly shows. I think that maybe you should have a week or so break, then try again with writing the show, because you are definitely talented, and I could see your current thread going a long, long way.

Emperor DC

Reaction score
OK folks I've got a problem.

I still love doing BTB, but I am finding writing out the weekly shows very tedious. But I love doing the feuds and the storylines, and the promos, and the PPV's. It's just I can't stand doing weekly shows, it feels more like a chore than fun right now. Can anyone suggest a way that I could get around it? Like a different style, or just not writing the weekly shows and doing an extremely in-depth PPV preview?

I'm up for just about anything right now

Weekly Recaps.

xtremebadass

Well I dread doing weekly shows. However, I always get them done by my deadline because I am just driven and determined to do it. If you want to be successful at what you do, all you have to do is force yourself to do it. If you don't want to force yourself at doing what you want, maybe it's not what you actually want to do.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
what I do with shows is that I just do everything once at a time. I usually have 4 matches a show, so I do that from Mon-Thurs. I do promos all in one day for weekly shows. I'm hoping HBK doesn't quit, his promos are sick.

xtremebadass

I use my promo writing to get me through my match writing. I alternate, so I push myself to write the match so I can do my next promo, as you can tell my promos are better than my matches by a long shot.