• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TT.Tiger tamer

TRI

When I used to book my favorite for matches were:

AJ Styles, Chris Jericho, Homicide, Kurt Angle, and Eddie Guerrero.

For Promo's it has to be JBL, Jericho, and Edge.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

-HBK- said:
Do you hate it when people use this thread to ask 'have you seen my last show/PPV?'

Do you plan ahead very often?

What do you think of me as a booker (CT & Gards)?

Least-favourte gimmick match to write?
1) Yes. And for some people, there is a reason I don't read their shows. For example, people who don't read other people's shows.

2) Yeah, I do. I have a lot of future feuds planned ahead. It helps motivate me.

3) n/a

4) IDK, just based on the fact I haven't written many gimmick matches.

I want to see what the BTB Federations are like, that looks pretty fun if everyone doesn't get banned/quits like the World Cup.

Headfirst for Hardcore's Truth & Reality - coming soon?

BTB Insider

Hello everybody and welcome to the first ever edition of the BTB Insider, myself and BKB are your hosts. We all hope you enjoy the read :y:

BTB Power 10 by King Lennie.

1. Pride by Headfirst for Hardcore
2. RAW by XBA
3. BTW by CMS
4. HEW by The Leviathan
5. WWE Era of 2008 by Switchy
6. WWE 2009 by Micheal1
7. WWE time to take action by BKB and GardsJr
8. EWA by Nate757
9. WWE Smackdown by CT Styles
10. WWR by Roxxi Fanboy

Well done to all the bookers that made the BTB Power 10, great shows and keep it up!

Now people it is time for our first ever, Ask the Booker…I will be interviewing a very old booker known as Andrew Walker.

The Kings Kwestions

Lennie: Would you ever consider bringing back SWA?

Andrew: No. I would not bring back the SWA for if say I did and it failed, the entire reputation and history of SWA would be tarnished and I would not jeopardize ruining the name and brand of the SWA by constantly trying to revive it.

Lennie: Who do you think is the best Booker on IWF at the moment?

Andrew: The Leviathon. I love his creative ideas and his unique pushes make him the best booker in my opinion. You look at his rosters and see who is on top and it is truly how he has gotten some of them over. He has gotten these superstars over, Stevie Richards, Shannon Moore, Orlando Jordan, Rosey, Shelton Benjamin so I think that how truly talented he is to get such wrestlers over. And that is what makes him the best Booker on the site.

Lennie: What is your favourite style of wrestling to write for?

Andrew: I like a mixture of high flying and technical. Thus why I loved writing the X Division back in SWA. I had some great mixture of X Division guys who brought different styles and I was able to combine them and, in my opinion, I was able to write some of my best matches ever.

Lennie: Who do you think should have been made mods of the BTB section?

Andrew: I think CMS and XBA were the only one's capable and active enough to become Mods. I mean they wanted people they could rely on and knew how the BTB section works and what the rules are. So I probably would have chosen the same. CMS and XBA.

Lennie: If you came back to BTB and couple have any partner who would it be and why?

Andrew: If I could choose any partner I would have to say Weebo. I have known Weebo almost 6 years in real life, and we think alike when it comes to storylines. He brings a lot to a BTB with his amazing GFX. We can easily help each other out if we get stuck and he helps you stick to deadlines and if you stuck, he offers ideal advice and opinions. What more could you ask in a partner?

Lennie: If you ever returned to BTB how would you do it? Would you have a hyped return or one out of nowhere?

Andrew: If I was to return to BTB, I would probably have it be out of no where. Have that sort of Shock value that Holy Crap he is back. I prefer the element of surprise over the element of anticipation. Because if it is a bad build or and hype, it could ruin the return.

Lennie: What inspired you to do BTB, or who inspired you?

Andrew: I had never even heard of BTB until Weebo told me about it in I think it was English class. And I always use to go on and on how horrible the storylines were and how I could do a better job booking and I would go on about my fantasy roster. And so one day weebo was like put up or shut up and thus starting SWA and what essentially drove me to want to be the best. I mean I started writing shows and just wrote the endings but than again everyone was doing that. So, I took it one step further and started writing the entire match to stand out and be better than everyone else. So in a way weebo got me started and all the top booker kept me going because I wanted to be better then the rest.

Lennie: What is your advice to all the younger bookers?

Andrew: My best advice is to always make sure when you start, you are comfortable with what you have. You should feel comfortable with your roster and plan ahead. I find planning ahead is a lot better than trying to do it on instinct. Another thing, you want to set yourself apart. Do something unique and different to make yourself get noticed and not be lost in the shuffle of other new bookers along side you. On a final note, perseverance. I mean no one gets floods of reviews on their first show or during their first week, it may even take a month or more. You need to stick with what you are doing. More seasoned veterans tend to show more respect to a booker who can keep his BTB going even though they are not getting floods of reviews and praises. Don't whine about it; just do what it takes to make people notice you.

Lennie: What is your biggest achievement as a Booker?

Andrew: Hmm...Well there’s two ways you can look at that. I mean you can look at it from an awards standpoint; it would have to be winning the Best Match Writing Award twice in a row. But as a personal standpoint I think my biggest achievement would be influencing and motivating other bookers. Having bookers e-mail me saying what an inspiration I have been towards them and how they appreciate what I have done for the section and how i changed the way everyone writes and it makes them want to do their best really makes me feel like I achieved something. I may have never become Booker of Bookers but I made a difference and was once considered one of the best and that’s all I could really ask for.

Now BKB has a little segment about who he thinks is the best up and coming booker…

Up and Comer by BKB.

In the BTB Section, a lot of newer guys to the section, or newer threads made by more unknown bookers are often overlooked in favour for the more popular BTB’s with the guarantee that you know what you will be getting. This article is designed to help the bookers of the section in getting to know some of the great talents of our section that aren’t noticed, and will hopefully help the specified booker out, by giving him/her more exposure, and hopefully gaining them more reviews. These reviews will help them improve, and hopefully build them up to be some of the best bookers of the section.

Alright, well my first featured booker I found because he started a new thread which intrigued me, so I decided to check out his first show, which blew me away. First and foremost, I will explain what drew me to Michael1’s BTB. Usually I do look at each new BTB, maybe leave a comment. I’ll check a few of them out, but most of the time I completely forget about them altogether. This didn’t happen with Michael1’s because it was different, in its own little way. It was still a WWE thread, which is quite common. My thread is a WWE thread. But this one was different. How? The name of the thread explains it all: World Wrestling Entertainment 2009.I wanted to see what he had envisioned for 2009, what the current storylines were, who the champions were, and who was on the roster. So I had a look in.

It looked interesting, if nothing else. I made my obligatory ‘I hope you succeed comment’, but I also made sure I would look at this BTB again. A couple of days later I noticed he had posted a show, and I was blown away really. His promos were very solid and very in character, and his match writing was nothing short of phenomenal. Matches were a great length, with each having a distinct style, and pace. The even he chose to start at was the Royal Rumble as well, which I feel I should mention. Thus he had to write a Royal Rumble match. For a Rumble match it was very good, and it was clearly set out, so people could tell when someone was entering or eliminated extremely easily. Having a great layout always helps a BTB, and this one has had it from the start.

Michael1 writes his weekly shows in recap, which isn’t a real problem, especially when you see what he saves to be seen at his big Pay Per View events.

We are now on the way to No Way Out, so if you were to read Michael1’s BTB, it would be pretty damn easy to catch up on storylines and such, as he builds up to WrestleMania. Basically, if you feel like reviewing a show, don’t just go to the big BTB’s. Have a look at this one, it is definitely worth looking at.

Interesting things in BTB by King Lennie.

BTB Match writing tournament

Recently current Co Mod CMS announced that their would soon be a BTB Match writing tournament, we do not know everything about it yet but it will open to everyone. So if you want to join and go head to head with some of the best in the BTB world sign up and have a go. In the past their have been many BTB match writing tournaments and since the changing of the Mods there have been some new rules, there will not be so many tournaments so if you want to ever be apart of one you better join this one otherwise you will be waiting for months for the next one. We hope to see you there…

BTB Awards

Okay, another thing that was announced recently in the BTB section was the BTB awards. That’s right they are coming back, last time thee awards occurred was a while ago round the start of the year and it was a great ceremony. Many bookers won many awards with CMS taking the most, he also took the biggest award of them all which is the booker of bookers which he has won 3 times now! CMS is out to win his fourth book of booker’s award and all of the bookers around are out to stop him. There are a lot of awards that all of the bookers are out to get including myself, try your best and you never know you might get one or nominated for one. We have some serious contenders for all awards and BTB insider wishes you the best of luck, your all going to need it.

BTB Fed

Co Mod of the BTB section CMS has had a great idea of starting up a BTB federation. He is taking it slowly which is a good thing to do and he will be having people sign up to join some time soon. He is making sure there are enough sign ups and once this thing gets going it is going to be great. There will be one show in the Federation but if there are enough sign ups the members signed up will be split into two shows and what an epic battle it would be! We hope for it to be up and running soon, that’s all for now.

Now that that’s over its time for the rumours of the BTB Secetion.

BTB Rumours

Recently we have been seeing many posts all around the BTB section saying SWA Vs HEW! Everyone was thinking “what’s going on†and the older bookers saying “could it be!†Well we are pretty sure that SWA is back but only for a certain amount of time, the time that it takes to take out the opposition, HEW! HEW is a BTB or “company†run by Mr Leviathron (the leviathan), it is a very long going and successful BTB and this will only add to the greatness and success of it. Win or lose, both BTBs will be gaining something great from this certain event. One thing that makes this great is that it’s a BTB Vs BTB feud but also the opposition booker of The Leviathan, Andrew Walker! He is a very successful writer and when he comes up against The Leviathan you just know it’s going to be a great show…

Good rumours and a bad rumour, well that’s it for the rumours this week. Now for some help to the new bookers out there.

Insider Help

Well for all you new BTBers out there here is a little guide to help you out a little bit if you feel that you have been struggling. If you feel that you have been not getting enough reviews for you BTB don’t give up or anything, you are new and everyone starts off with a little amount of reviews its like a natural thing in BTB. To get reviews you have to give reviews so once you read someone’s show and review it nine times out of ten you will get one back. Also, you need to make a name for your BTB. So when you start a BTB try and stick with it for quite a while and eventually you will get better and better and more popular throughout the section. If you feel you are doing something wrong in your BTB go check out the big popular BTBs such as HEW, BTW, RAW etc and you may find something that you have been missing that could help with your show. I am not saying go and steal rivalry ideas or storylines but you may see the little things you are missing like you might not have colour or Pyro and stuff so you might find minor stuff that you could add to your BTB. Another good idea for you new bookers is that if you are struggling to write one show a week you could team up with someone. Many people do and have done so in the past, it really helps a lot because you are both helping out on the show and ideas and its easier then just you doing it alone. There is nothing wrong with just one person doing a BTB but if you are unable to get a show in each week then I would suggest having someone help you out. Well that’s all for now, keep it up…

Just a couple of minor tips for you all…That’s all for this week, hope you enjoyed the read and be here to check out the next edition of BTB insider.

Tribute To The Anigma by BKB.

If you don’t know the name The Anigma, and you are in the BTB Section, you don’t know very much at all. Anigma is one of the most known bookers around, and we all saw him quit his BTB recently, and leave the section for good. Why was Anigma so important? He was one of the best. He was original, he wrote great matches and promos, and his storylines were always interesting, with unexpected turns coming often. Anigma never had to have his BTB look great graphically. You look at every BTB today (mine included) and we consider graphics very, very important. A BTB’s appearance is nearly everything it seems in today’s BTB Section. Anigma never looked at it that way. He just wrote his shows and left it at that.

Anigma’s BTB, WWE: The Commencement was his first ever attempt at a BTB, as he has said numerous times. A lot of bookers take a long time to find what suits them best, but Anigma instantly took the ball and ran with it with The Commencement. Once again, that is something that is very rare today. These are just some of the things that prove how good of a booker Anigma was. Of course if you wanted to, you could always look at all of the awards that he has won in the past. He has won the Booker of Bookers twice, Best Match Writing, two time Match of the Month, Promo of the Month, Feud of the Month twice, Storyline of the Month, Best Pay Per View in a Month, Most Consistent BTB and the Tribute For the Booker. For those of you new to the section, that is a hell of a lot.

So as I am sure you can all tell, Anigma dominated this section. He also brought a lot of new talent into the section. He did not do it directly, going around asking people to write a BTB. He did it by writing his own BTB. How do I know this for sure? Because I would not have started booking without him. When I joined IWF, I saw the BTB Section and was indifferent to it. It was not exactly something that captivated me straight off the bat. So I did not worry about it for a while, not looking in. Eventually, I decided to have another look, and this time I actually decided to look at some actual BTB’s (logic there, I know). I can’t remember most of them, and I am sure that some of them were by noobs, simply because I cannot remember anything about them at all. However, I do remember looking at Anigma’s. I didn’t read a whole show, but I glanced through it and I liked what I saw. I also saw what other people said about him and the BTB, and I was thinking, wow, I want to be just like that. I want respect in here. I want to write a BTB. For everything I have done in BTB (and admittedly, I haven’t done anything great), I have three people to thank. The two people who brought me in to SWA (Andrew and Weebo), and of course, The Anigma.

The main reason this was written is due to the inspiration I got from Anigma. I know he is gone, and I know he will probably never see this. But I think it is appropriate to have one last look at how much The Anigma meant to the BTB Section, and much he meant to the bookers here. So to those of you who do not know The Anigma, that was a brief look at him, and what he meant to the BTB Section.

Alright, that is the first ever BTB Insider. Comments and advice are both appreciated.

That was a really good quick read through, everything was great from top to bottom, great job you two. My Truth & Reality thread won't be anything close to this, if you stick with this, this column could be really successful. Thx for the #1 spot too.

Michael1

This was a great read. 6th on the Power 10? I swear, I didn't even expect to get up there so quick - thanks. I enjoyed all the articles, but y'know which one got me most... well, you guessed it. Haha, just joking, I'm not that selfish. Everything was a great read, I hope you stick with this because this can become huge. Great job with this first installment, and hopefully, it can carry on for a while.

The Rated R CMStar

I am waiting anxiously for it. I really like people doing columns and see what they have to say

If you like that then check out the BTB Insider *cheap pop yay*

Have a nice day :y:

Michael1

I like reading columns for BTB and what they have to say so I'll definitely be reading yours HFH. Can't wait for it.

Evil Austin

good, BKB's tribute to the anigma was well writen and I enjoyed the talk between Lennie and Andrew.. Looking forward to the second edition.

McLovin

The End of the BTB Magazine?

I am at a Crossroads right now. Since the BTB Insider bombared me for no appearent reason :angry2: I would just like to ask if we should keep the BTB Magazine or not. Answer truthfully!

Keep it going. Give us compotition lol.

EDIT: I find it interesting that you voted yes yourself. If you think it should, then by all means, it should.

Emperor DC

Lmao. Bi-Weekly? Give me a break.

The 'Insider' and Magazine is basically the same thing. It is two different spin-off's of what could be combined. Competition? All it does is create havoc and add yet another thread to the section that is not needed.

Why not just combine them and make a monthly Magazine? Why can't people just be smart and reliant enough to come together, pick a panel and have that panel, that must be trusted, write the Magazine?

The magazine and Insider are not new ideas anyway. In my opinion, just get four or 5 of the best Bookers and Writers here and have them write it, if they so wish. No offence to you Alex but you should not be writing something like this. Upon seeing the way you react to my 'forthright' views and your actions when on another forum, you obviously are not as mature as people may think.

Hey, this is just my view on things. I don't expect them to be seriously at all.