Top Ten Films of 2012?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Its been a very strong year for films, with documentries again going from strength to strength, there some exciting blockbusters and stand out indiependent and comedy features. But what were your top ten of the year?

1. Nostalgia for the Light
2. Shame
3. Rust and Bone (De rouille et das)
4. Polisse
5. The Imposter
6. The Kid With a Bike
7. The Cabin in the Woods
8. Even the Rain (Tambien la llvia)
9. Silver Linings Playbook
10. The Muppets

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
This is a list of only films I went to the theater to see.

1. Skyfall
2. Argo
3. The Avengers
4. Flight
5. End of Watch
6. The Grey
7. Looper
8. The Amazing Spiderman
9. Prometheus
10. Dark Knight Rises

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
1. Cabin in the Woods
2. Django Unchained
3. Prometheus
4. Sound of my Voice
5. Looper
6. Safety Not Guarenteed
7. Avengers
8. Dark Knight Rises
9. Chronicle
10. The Campaign

I'm pretty sure I'm missing a couple but off the top of my head this is my list.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
1. Cabin in the Woods
2. Django Unchained
3. Prometheus
4. Sound of my Voice
5. Looper
6. Safety Not Guarenteed7. Avengers
8. Dark Knight Rises
9. Chronicle
10. The Campaign

I'm pretty sure I'm missing a couple but off the top of my head this is my list.

Is that actually up to much? It had Mark Duplass who was good in Your Sister's Sister and some credible TV names, but just seemed a lame idea to me.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
1. Avengers
2. Manborg
3. Amazing Spider-Man
4, Little Bit Zombie
5. Dredd
6. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
7. Wreck-It Ralph
8. Dead Before Dawn
9. Silent Hill: Revelations
10. The Dark Knight Rises

Note: I will be seeing Django Unchained tonight, so chances are TDKR will be kicked off the list.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
You guys have some odd taste... Cabin in the Woods is not a top ten movie. The first hour and a half was complete shit. The Watch is one of the worst movies I've seen this year. Lets rate cinema here.

1) The Dark Knight Rises
2) Skyfall
3) Les Miserables
4) Django Unchained
5) Looper
6) Argo
7) The Avengers
8) Lincoln
9) The Hobbit
10) Trouble with the Curve

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
You guys have some odd taste... Cabin in the Woods is not a top ten movie. The first hour and a half was complete shit. The Watch is one of the worst movies I've seen this year. Lets rate cinema here.

1) The Dark Knight Rises
2) Skyfall
3) Les Miserables
4) Django Unchained
5) Looper
6) Argo
7) The Avengers
8) Lincoln
9) The Hobbit

Odd in what way because we disagree with you about CITW?

The first hour was partly set up which any horror worth its name should have. I enjoyed it because it played around with horror conventions in sharp satrical fashion but at the same time didn't talk down to its audience and provided some entertaining set pieces and great effects.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

1) The Dark Knight Rises
2) Skyfall
3) Les Miserables
4) Django Unchained
5) Looper
6) Argo
7) The Avengers
8) Lincoln
9) The Hobbit

Take always TWTC and Les Mis since I haven't seen them and this is my list. Also agree with you on Cabin in the Woods, shit acting, the only way it's even noticed is because of how different it was.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Odd in what way because we disagree with you about CITW?

The first hour was partly set up which any horror worth its name should have. I enjoyed it because it played around with horror conventions in sharp satrical fashion but at the same time didn't talk down to its audience and provided some entertaining set pieces and great effects.

It's odd because you can't call a movie a top ten film of the year when 2/3 of the movie is atrocious.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango

Your opinion. I loved Cabin in the Woods. It's a real gem for fans of the horror genre. I don't want to say it had some bad acting in it because it was supposed to but it kind of was supposed to. Sounds like a cop out but that was the point of the movie. Make it like every stereotypical horror movie and then reveal why it's like that. Sure it's no Les Mis but its fun and I'll watch it over and over and always notice something new. I'll take fun movies over oscar bait any day. Trouble With the Curve I hear is nothing special. I don't know if i'll see it. Is it better than Moneyball? Two different movies I know but I don't like baseball and I found Moneyball to still be entertaining. Also nobody mentioned The Watch.

Is that actually up to much? It had Mark Duplass who was good in Your Sister's Sister and some credible TV names, but just seemed a lame idea to me.

It's not the best movie but it's really good. I happened to see it at just the right time for it to really stick with me. It's better than Your Sisters Sister.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Trouble with the Curve is not a baseball movie. It is a movie about life, about aging and relationships. It's a story about reconnecting between Eastwood and Adams and I rate it as the tenth movie on my list because I watched it from start to finish completely engrossed, which isn't the easiest task when it comes to my attention span.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
1. The Master
2. Looper
3. The Cabin in the Woods
4. The Imposter
5. Argo
6. Moonrise Kingdom
7. Skyfall
8. The Dark Knight Rises
9. The Descendants
10. The Avengers

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Your opinion. I loved Cabin in the Woods. It's a real gem for fans of the horror genre. I don't want to say it had some bad acting in it because it was supposed to but it kind of was supposed to. Sounds like a cop out but that was the point of the movie. Make it like every stereotypical horror movie and then reveal why it's like that. Sure it's no Les Mis but its fun and I'll watch it over and over and always notice something new. I'll take fun movies over oscar bait any day. Trouble With the Curve I hear is nothing special. I don't know if i'll see it. Is it better than Moneyball? Two different movies I know but I don't like baseball and I found Moneyball to still be entertaining. Also nobody mentioned The Watch.

It's not the best movie but it's really good. I happened to see it at just the right time for it to really stick with me. It's better than Your Sisters Sister.

Pretty bang on post, that is just the point I was about to make about Cabin.

Shame about the last part as I am sure SNG is not better than Your Sister's Sister which just missed out on my top ten of the year. Emily Blunt is a great comic actress and the film felt relastic and painfully funny.