Top Ten Films of 2012?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
1. The Master
2. Looper
3. The Cabin in the Woods
4. The Imposter
5. Argo
6. Moonrise Kingdom
7. Skyfall
8. The Dark Knight Rises
9. The Descendants
10. The Avengers

Great list, nice to see another fan of the Master and The Imposter. Still need to catch up with Argo.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
As I figured, Django Unchained was not only the best movie I have seen from 2012, it is the best movie I have seen since I first saw The Prestige.

Well for me The Prestige is Nolan's weakest film so I guess we will never agree on anything lol.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Really? Prestige reminded me of Darren Aronofsky when he made good movies.

When did he stop making good movies?

Great list, nice to see another fan of the Master and The Imposter. Still need to catch up with Argo.

Argo's a brilliant film, really worth watching. Probably the best film I've seen Affleck both act in and direct.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
When he made The Fountain, then followed it up with 2 peices of shit even worse.

Black Swan and the wrestler are up there with his best films, he is a director who just goes from strength to strength.

I just thought the Prestige was an empity film, with a farily dull subject matter and a poor twist. Decent performances mind.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The only thing I liked about Black Swan was the casting of Ksenia Solo, such an underrated actress.

The Wrestler & Black Swan both suffered due to the exact same problem, I didnt care about the main characters. I find it extremely hard to watch a movie, or read a book about a character I dont care about. Its why I dont collect Superman comics, but have the entire run of Eugene "Flash" Thompson as Venom.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The only thing I liked about Black Swan was the casting of Ksenia Solo, such an underrated actress.

The Wrestler & Black Swan both suffered due to the exact same problem, I didnt care about the main characters. I find it extremely hard to watch a movie, or read a book about a character I dont care about. Its why I dont collect Superman comics, but have the entire run of Eugene "Flash" Thompson as Venom.

I think the fact that Black Swan was an intellgient art house film which worked on a mad nuts and bolts level, but also as real drama about the extreme preasures of living in a bubble is what made it so unique. Also I would define anyone to say that Portman wasn't well worth her oscar, she was outstanding in that film.

I get what you are saying about the Wrestler, but it was still a very effective view of a washed up star who refulses to accept that his best years are behind him, the acting was excellent, and the look of film was that of the indie wrestling scene, the wrestling scenes were superb too.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Best ever description I've heard of The Fountain was that it was a "two hour long perfume commercial".

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Best ever description I've heard of The Fountain was that it was a "two hour long perfume commercial".

I still need to see it, have the DVD to watch. Heard very mixed reviews.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I still need to see it, have the DVD to watch. Heard very mixed reviews.

Two of my best friends who I watch movies with all the time and have similar tastes to, absolutely love it. It's a weird one definitely.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
2 of my aunts, 3 of my cousins, 2 of my exes, & my god daughter are all into dance, and I have been around that atmosphere nearly all my life, and from that Ksenia was the only one who actually reminded me of the people at these pagents, & other compititions, its as if she was the only one in the entire movie that understood the context of the role she was playing.

Also, it only did so well because of the media attention behind the Portman/Kunis lesbian scene. How many guys do you know that would willingly see a dance movie? I know none, yet every guy I know seen it.

To me The Wrestler just seemed like "how can I tell every story about a wrestler who fucked up their lives in one character", and from that there was no chance of liking Randy. Hes part Ric Flair, part Hulk Hogan, part Jake Roberts, and part Mike DiBiase.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Just watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower it lands on my top ten knocking out Dark Knight Rise. Really well done movie.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Just watched The Grey, I don't think I've published my list but that goes straight in at number 1