Top Ten Films of 2012?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
2 of my aunts, 3 of my cousins, 2 of my exes, & my god daughter are all into dance, and I have been around that atmosphere nearly all my life, and from that Ksenia was the only one who actually reminded me of the people at these pagents, & other compititions, its as if she was the only one in the entire movie that understood the context of the role she was playing.

Also, it only did so well because of the media attention behind the Portman/Kunis lesbian scene. How many guys do you know that would willingly see a dance movie? I know none, yet every guy I know seen it.
To me The Wrestler just seemed like "how can I tell every story about a wrestler who fucked up their lives in one character", and from that there was no chance of liking Randy. Hes part Ric Flair, part Hulk Hogan, part Jake Roberts, and part Mike DiBiase.

1. The film is a methaphor for what life is like for in that sort of world, it is about the psychoigy of the character, how fantasy and reality is starting to blur for her. Once again you are missing the point of the film.

2. You know that isn't true, it never would have been so sucessful on the back of one scene, besides most people didn't even know that scene was in there before seeing it. Also it isn't a film about dancing, dancing is just the device, its a horror b-movie, with elements of melodrama, anyone who wants to see a great thriller and intelligent film will want to see it, male or female. Stop trolling.

3. I think you engage with the wrestler because of the daughter and the stripper character.