TNA Victory Road Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MCMG 4 LIFE

Reaction score
i dont like mean to be nasty or is anyone else thinking that the jay lethal push is just stupid i mean not so long ago he was jobbing for amazing red on explosion and tag teaming with that prick consequences creed it doesnt work for me that amazing wrestlers are jobbing for him like desmond wolfe when wolfe should be the one getting the push. also i never realised how good kazarian is now that he is a memeber of fortune also i watched victory road and think that the guns blew the roof off best match of the night :]

Reaction score
i dont like mean to be nasty or is anyone else thinking that the jay lethal push is just stupid i mean not so long ago he was jobbing for amazing red on explosion and tag teaming with that prick consequences creed it doesnt work for me that amazing wrestlers are jobbing for him like desmond wolfe when wolfe should be the one getting the push.
Lethal's worked his way to the top. Management finally realizes that this kid's got it and the ball is in his hands. It was the same Upper tier of guys in the main event: AJ, Joe, Angle etc, now you have someone new. The reason Wolfe jobbed to him is simple, he's been with the company a little over half a year. He may be good but Lethal is just as good.

MCMG 4 LIFE

Reaction score
yeah but think about it amazing red is just as good as jay lethal but where is he in the main event picture or in the rankings system why jay lethal is all im asking

Reaction score
^ Red cannot be in the main event for the simple fact that he cannot work the mic and has no charisma. He may be a good wrestler, but that's about it.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Damn, I saw the preview video for this shit, and this pay per view looks fucking exceptional.

The main event looks great in my opinion, and can really provide some entertainment. And I haven't been following TNA weeky, so don't attack me for making the assumption, but it look's like the outcome isn't too obvious. Because Abyssa winning the belt would really further his story, and he hasn't held shit for awhile. Anderson would be a great suprise since he's kind of, just there. Hardy, I doubt he'll be winning anything, and RVD retaining is also a good possibility. Unfortunatly, I wouldn't be suprised if they went with the latter.

Even though, I'm not fond of Flair wrestling, I do actually like the little storyline with Lethal. I LMFAO @ the "Wooo" battle. That shit was too fucking funny. The Pope & Angle is a pretty good match (on paper) also, and as long as there is no bullshit ending or something, this can steal the show imo. Morgan & Hernandez wont be bad, it just wont shock anyone unless Hernandez pulls some crazy spots, which I doubt.

All the other matches don't even look bad tbh. This can be a really good pay per view.

MCMG 4 LIFE

Reaction score
but the thing is can jay lethal work the mic tell me if there has been a promo he has cut if he hasnt been ric flair randy savage or talk about how he is living the dream and he is grateful for it in my opinion flip him heal then join fortune it will be better for him

Reaction score
He talks about living the dream. Being able to wrestle his idol Ric Flair. Being able to become a pro wrestler. His promos makes you believe what he says.

MCMG 4 LIFE

Reaction score
yeah but where is he gonna go from hear after the flair thing is over he cant climb the top ten because thats kurt angles storyline also i think there are better wrestlers who deserve title shots from this guy who has basically been an x division competitor for the past 4 years

Reaction score
Kaz was X Division. AJ was X Division. Daniels was X Division. Hell, even Joe wrestled in the X Division. I don't get it. If you wrestled in the X Division and you put on a little mass and you look like you can hang with the main event, it will happen. And really, we don't know what will happen after the Flair thing is over. For all we know, they might stop pushing him. Or they would do the right thing and keep pushing him after the Flair feud is over.

Reaction score
i dont like mean to be nasty or is anyone else thinking that the jay lethal push is just stupid i mean not so long ago he was jobbing for amazing red on explosion and tag teaming with that prick consequences creed it doesnt work for me that amazing wrestlers are jobbing for him like desmond wolfe when wolfe should be the one getting the push. also i never realised how good kazarian is now that he is a memeber of fortune also i watched victory road and think that the guns blew the roof off best match of the night :]

Kazarian is awful. No charisma or personality, no mic skills, and no real wrestling talent. The guy can flip. That's it. There is never any psychology to his matches, he can't sell and he wrestles like he's got ADD. Wonderful.

yeah but think about it amazing red is just as good as jay lethal but where is he in the main event picture or in the rankings system why jay lethal is all im asking

Insert what I said about Kaz here and you have your answer for Red. Lethal is far better than both.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Amazing Red >>> Jay Lethal. Even if Jay's a better overall wrestler than Red, Red is at least perfect at his job, which is to go out there and do cool moves to pump the crowd up. Lethal has the skills that 10,000 other wrestlers have, anyone could replace him. Not to say there aren't a bunch of spots guys around, but i'd much rather see someone who can put on an entertaining show for a little while, than to see someone like Lethal who's just some generic guy that can do impressions once in awhile. Not to mention if they gave Red Lethal's push, his appeal would be WAY more than what Lethal is. Because he could do what Rey and Bourne do for the 'E, and be a childhood favorite by utilizing manuevers nobody else in the company can do. ...That said, Desmond and Joe are on an entirely different level than those guys, and they're doing jack shit, so meh.

Reaction score
^^^^Heh. There are about 5,000 wrestlers on the indies that can do what Red can do, minus the sloppiness, but as you said, TNA doesn't have any more of those. And there are about 20 guys on the roster than can do Jay Lethal's work. But the main difference is that Lethal has far more charisma than Red ever will have as well as Red being injury prone. Comparing Red to Rey and Bourne is a stretch, there is something lacking from him, the lack of charisma and probably that he is really sloppy. I mean really, really sloppy. I haven't seen him in a few months, but he hasn't had a really good match since Low Ki carried him in an epic encounter at RoH Road to the Title in 02. Lethal has had some great moments in TNA and has come on with this Fortune feud he's in. No one would care if Red was feuding with Fortune because outside of his flips, he gives the crowd no reason to care for him.

Reaction score
Doing cool moves to pump the crowd up can be done by anyone. Incorporating at least some form of wrestling to not make pro wrestling look like a joke is something that Red can't do. You may prefer Red, but on no grounds can you call Red a better wrestler.

edit - Enzo, the difference between Red and Rey/Bourne are that the former can both tell a story and actually make you care about a match. Red can't even sell an injured leg for a whole match.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I don't think Red is as good as Bourne, and I still think Rey isn't that great anymore, and my opinion of him dips lower every match. (The guy no-selled out the wazoo long term against Swagger...Swagger didn't do a good job either though.) But my point there is there's always room for a young exciting guy that the fans can get behind as an underdog. Plus, if they'd give him a decent manager, mic skills aren't needed and can get the fans into him. I don't understand why bookers today don't just use common sense and book to wrestler's strengths and hide their weaknesses, not the other way around. I find Jay to be pretty lame on the mic and in the ring. He has had cool Flair moments but so what? Flair can make anyone look like gold on the mic.

Nobody's claiming Red is a great or even good "wrestler". But pushed the right way, I guarantee more people would rather see Red (Or any of the other 5000 Indy guys Enzo mentioned) over a solid-yet-unspectacular wrestler like Jay Lethal.