TNA Victory Road Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Matches I saw were;

Jay Lethal vs Ric Flair: Thought it was pretty cool to see Flair in the ring once again, idk why people are hating, must be the younger generation. Jay going over clean with the Figure 4 was kinda huge for anybody to do, I mean I've been a Lethal mark since his TNA debut but how strong do they need to make him look? I guess hes ready for the main event in TNA creative's mind, im all for it, just dont do any more over the top crap like this.

MCMG vs Beer Money: I didnt get to see the end of this one due to my stream cutting out but what I saw was pretty good, It was pretty obvious MCMG were gonna finally win the gold but its not like anyone would want it any other way, these guys deserve a tag title run more than anybody. Beer Money is still the shit though, I dont know when they will break up but imo they are doing fine as a team after all this time.

Kurt Angle vs The Pope: I fuckin got into this match big time, the best one out of the ones I saw for sure. Angle can still go and Pope looked like an absolute superstar tonight, I dont know if it was because he was in the ring with Angle, or if its because hes actually becoming a superstar, but it was pretty sic . Even with the clean tap out Dinero looked badass and is a guy who can be on top of the company.

Abyss vs Jeff Hardy vs Mr. Anderson vs. Rob Van Dam: This was just a generic four way with everyone hitting their usual moves and idk I just wasnt into it as much as some of the other matches. TNA has some quality programming honestly at times but the main events have been letting me down for so long now. This one, RVD vs Sting, alot of recent TNA main events havent really lived up to expectations and I think that it is something which needs work.

Overall from what I saw it was a good PPV, anyone have a report on the Kendrick X title ladder match or the Morgan/Hernandez cage match? I missed them and would like to hear some thoughts on what went down.

Reaction score
thought same. Ric Flair just annoys me..... I really like how the event went myself, for some matches, very exciting how Lethal and MCMG were used this night, looks very good for the up coming shows.

Why? He has been one of the 5 most entertaining personalities in TNA this whole year and he went out of his way to bastardize his retirement by putting over a never-will-be like Jay Lethal in an absurdly strong manner. There isn't a more consummate pro on that TNA roster than Flair. He fucking owns. And if he were in control of TNA, they wouldn't be the drizzling shits that Horussoff have made them.

Reaction score
"I hav found what has been missing in the wrestling buisness at Victory Road. Great PPV. Thanks to all who worked on the show made me a fan" -Tommy Dreamer via twitter

What has been missing from the wrestling business? Boring match with lame finishes? Screwy booking decisions? A boring cage match?

I was bored through a lot of this show. The tag title matches could have been so much better without the Dusty finish. Pope vs. Angle was the best match of the night. The promised big surprise never happened.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Dreamer's lying. That simple.

Anyway, star ratings.

Kendrick/Williams: ** 1/4 Why was Ultimate X even involved? Seriously. This match would have worked after a feud built up against like Red, at the end of Doug's reign. Instead, they were both going for submissions. Odd.
3D/Jesse: **
KO Title: DUD and everyone involved booking wise needs to take the naked walk of shame.
AJ/Kaz - Joe/Rob: **
Hernandez/Morgan: ***
Flair/Lethal: **1/2
Beer Money vs. MCMG: ****1/4
Angle/Pope: ***1/2
Main Event: * Highly frustrating, but Anderson was the only one worth a crap in this one anyway, so no surprise.

Abyss needs to go away for awhile and retool his gimmick completely. In EWR they'd send a message to Hogan saying Abyss is too far up the card and the fans are rejecting him. First half of the show was pretty lame, Angle/Pope, the cage and the tag title matches are at least worth the time. Wasn't fan of much else.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Another thing Abyss-wise: Why the hell are they making him bring that nail board as a weapon? It's obvious he's going to swing and miss every time because that thing will legit kill someone if he makes ANY kind of contact. I fear Hogan and co. aren't going to realize this and get someone hurt.

Colon91

Reaction score
Glad to see the mcmg's finally get the straps, but que a 2 week title run and a drop to beer-money at the next ppv. Hoganf and russo suck

Reaction score
Another thing Abyss-wise: Why the hell are they making him bring that nail board as a weapon? It's obvious he's going to swing and miss every time because that thing will legit kill someone if he makes ANY kind of contact. I fear Hogan and co. aren't going to realize this and get someone hurt.

I always found it funny that a guy like Abyss so often needs a weapon amongst a roster he towers over.

And as for Dreamer, he misses the old days of much smaller venues with kool aid drinking fans. And yes, I was one of those kool aid drinking fans with ECW in the 90's.

Reaction score
I keep hearing positive reviews for this one. I didn't think it was terrible, but it had terrible moments. That cage match between hernandez and morgan went a long way in shaking my faith in both of them. The thing that gets me though is that this was a great bit worse than Slammiversary which no one stuck up for. If pope angle was the highlight where were you guys for angle kaz which was a far more impressive match. The only sense in which I could see pope angle being more satisfying was that it's nice to see pope take another step forward.

Here's Slammiversary's card:

STING VS RVD This was real uneventful and did nothing to resolve the aimless sting storyline. But that four way looked like it belonged as a mid card filler match on Raw.

KNOCKOUTS TITLE
ROXXI VS. (c) MADISON RAYNE definitely more interesting than the case of the mysterious motorcycle

"THE PHENOMENAL" AJ STYLES VS. JAY LETHAL Better than anything at victory road. More release dragon suplexes needed.
MR. ANDERON & JEFF HARDY VS. BEER MONEY missed this one.
KURT ANGLE VS. #10 CONTENDER, KAZARIAN Again, great way to start a ppv. Far more intense than pope angle. I heard no one giving credit for this on this site.
'THE BLUEPRINT" MATT MORGAN VS. HERNANDEZ nothing happened here that could crush expetations as badly as the cage.
MONSTER'S BALL: DESMOND WOLFE VS. ABYSS w/ CHELSEA Brutal match, finally signs of life from abyss.
BROTHER RAY (TEAM 3D) VS. JESSE NEAL (INK, INC.) Isn't this where shannon moore said something racially insensitive to Devon and Devon had to give him a "pass"? If so, I'll give it some love for that.

I realize this (slammiversary) used to be a signature ppv of theres, but victory road I would have been ashamed of myself for paying for. That being said, I would be ashamed of myself for paying for 65% of all pay per views

Reaction score
I apologize for the caps, I cut and pasted the card from another site. Though I left out Wiliams Kendrick. Probably better that way.

Reaction score
The reason I haven't purchased a TNA Pay-Per-View since God knows when is because the Pay-Per-Views are always like that. The weekly television stuff may be improving (last week's Impact really impressed me, even with it having a few horrible moments), but until the Pay-Per-Views pick up I'm never going to buy them. They have always left me feeling ripped off in the past, and unless that is rectified, I really don't see the need to waste my money on three hours of me questioning why I'm watching something.

Reaction score
Also, I think that weapon abyss has is going to be used. My money is at Hardcore Justice, and that it will be used on him. He can definitely fit extra padding under his cripplingly sad anarchy vest. I'm not sure TNA is in a state deplorable enough to introduce a weapon that a character is going to do promos about for weeks only for it to never be used. If they are, I'm going to lose my fucking mind.

Like I said though, I imagine one shot across the brunt of his back. I bet it wont look impressive.. I'll take a chair any day over death mace that someone is going to have to swing at 1/8th speed.

Reaction score
The reason I haven't purchased a TNA Pay-Per-View since God knows when is because the Pay-Per-Views are always like that. The weekly television stuff may be improving (last week's Impact really impressed me, even with it having a few horrible moments), but until the Pay-Per-Views pick up I'm never going to buy them. They have always left me feeling ripped off in the past, and unless that is rectified, I really don't see the need to waste my money on three hours of me questioning why I'm watching something.

Yeah I mean let's not even talk about the price because clearly that is beyond absurd. $50 every month for something you can watch for free online will never make sense. I think eventually the wrestling business may shift away from pay per views as a model. Or maybe I just hope that.

But yeah, price aside, it's hard enough for them to put together three hours of entertaining television. Actually, the last one I was happy with was this years Wrestlemania.

Reaction score
That was one of the most anti-climatic endings to a PPV I've ever seen. Tenay and Taz sounded bored out of their minds calling that match. I wasn't excited whatsoever at any point.

Reaction score
I liked last week's impact as well. I was upset that thread was locked for some reason. Ah, I didn't notice you were drawing a distinction between wwe and tna ppvs.

I hate the wwe's talent right now, and beyond the pg rating, I do think their product is aimed at a much younger audience. Clearly you can have a great wrestling program that happens to be pg-just like a movie, it's a different thing entirely to angle the majority of your storylines and promos towards children. CM Punk, I think I'm in agreement with most people on this forum, is a tremendous talent. I do think he could be used even better. Why have the tagline be straight edge means I'm better than you, other than to spell out to parents that his issue is zealotry not his life style choice. Why not make the issue his lifestyle choice and have wrestlers who aren't straight edge give him shit.

I'll steal an idea from a friend, how great would an austin-punk promo be with austin counting 1 beers 2 beers while punk tries to justify his beliefs.

Anyway, I do passionately hate what they are doing right now. I think on a weekly basis TNA puts on a much better show, certainly, miles better than raw, but I gotta admit I think the wwe does better PPV's. Maybe Heyman could change that? It seems to be more a problem of booking, weak feuds, weak storylines, than lack of effort on the part of the wrestlers. Again, no one gives a flying fuck about Rob Terry, and RVD needs someone who could plausibly beat him. Someone with comparable heat. *Cough* heel anderson.

Reaction score
That was one of the most anti-climatic endings to a PPV I've ever seen. Tenay and Taz sounded bored out of their minds calling that match. I wasn't excited whatsoever at any point.

Did it not look like an upper mid card match that could be on Raw.. Scared the shit out of me.