TNA Spring Cleaning

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
re: TNA releases Tara & DOC

lol, WWE won't sign her, they film in HD so won't want some mid 40's hag showing her face.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
re: TNA releases Tara & DOC

As previously reported, both DOC (Drew Hankinson) and Tara departed from TNA today. Tara's release was a cost-cutting move as she was the company's highest-paid female wrestler by a high margine and the decision was made to put that money elsewhere.

Hankinson's release, on the other hand, had nothing to do with cost issues. Sources say that Hankinson's contract negotiations went on too long and his contract had expired. There were creative plans to have him turn babyface in place, which had been teased on TV. The blame on Hankinson's departure has been laid at Bruce Pritchard's feet by some; losing Hankinson is one of many situations where contract negotiations came down to the wire and some, like RVD, have left the company over it. The two sides could still come to terms, but as of now he is gone.

Good Ol' Bruce :lmao

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Re: TNA releases Tara & DOC

This is starting to get a bit silly. Why would they release one of the most talented KOs they have when they have a weak division already. The KO's division used to be fantastic but it has no depth now.

DOC being released doesn't really mean much with regards to current storylines but it seems like a waste to bring him in for that short amount of time and then drop him. If that contract report is true then Bruce really needs to get himself a calendar and start writing in contract expiry dates. How do guys like Brisco and Bischoff survive in Aces & Eights when DOC is released?

Still waiting for TNA to actually do some proper cost cutting. They have yet to cut someone who would have been on a huge amount of money so the savings will be negligible. Seriously they need to cut Hogan and Eric and Sting and then they will save some real money. Also someone please explain to me how So Cal Val keeps her job, she adds nothing to the product since she can't wrestle, she isn't hot and Hemme and Borash already cover the roles that she has done for TNA before. Cut her and they will save a couple of hundred dollars a week.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet

Wonder if Gallows will come back to Australia 8D

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
No they need to cut AJ and Joe who have been capped out. They offer them nothing, no draw, no money brought in, but they take up tv time and have high paying contracts.

lol, WWE won't sign her, they film in HD so won't want some mid 40's hag showing her face.
Performance Center needs a female teacher and she's already in Florida. Kill two birds with one stone. She can teach them how to wrestle and how to be eye candy since she was once a ho

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh

DOC released? Finally a good release by TNA.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Wonder if Gallows will come back to Australia 8D

No real money to be made here. Might come back for a short tour but that would be it.

No they need to cut AJ and Joe who have been capped out. They offer them nothing, no draw, no money brought in, but they take up tv time and have high paying contracts.

They should have cut Joe a couple of years ago when they weren't doing anything with him. It would have allowed him to freshen up his act in another company and then TNA would always have the chance to re-sign him in the future and if he had been gone for a year or two the fans may be more receptive to him.

Looking at their roster they are down to around 30 full time male wrestlers which isn't that much at all. Good thing they are down to the three titles and have dropped the TV title for now. When looking at their roster I struggle to see the up and comers and the next big stars. I think that the sky is the limit for Magnus but other than that almost all the other "new" talent have been in TNA for a decade already. They need to get a new talent scout.

In my opinion they still need to cut Hogan, Bischoff, Bischoff, Brisco, Sting, So Cal Val, Devon, Knux, Jesse Godderz, ODB, Hernandez, Chavo

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Performance Center needs a female teacher and she's already in Florida. Kill two birds with one stone. She can teach them how to wrestle and how to be eye candy since she was once a ho

Pretty sure that Sarah Del Rey is the female teacher in NXT. Also doesn't Tara have a couple of businesses outside of wrestling already? I seem to remember her having a motorcycle business and maybe even a restaurant.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Pretty sure that Sarah Del Rey is the female teacher in NXT. Also doesn't Tara have a couple of businesses outside of wrestling already? I seem to remember her having a motorcycle business and maybe even a restaurant.
Yes she has a business. To me there's no real reason why you can't have two different female teachers with two different styles. Sara has never worked wwe TV before but Victoria has. Just seems like they could give one the job of getting people ready at the performance center before transitioning to NXT. Then they let the other work with the NXT girls before being shipped to wwe TV.

If they want the performance center to go well, may as well cash in on some of them legends contracts. Same goes for NXT ever making it to TV. Guys like DDP, Nash, Waltman, Gunn, Piper, etc are assets sitting at home collecting checks when they could have their brains being picked at either developmental level

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I doubt they ever cut Hogan, Bischoff, Sting, Dvon, or Chavo. They may screw up and let them expire like they are doing now. If they cut them outright they would just find a motive to go to wwe and make money, actually draw something, and laugh at them. And the thing with Eric is you always have to wonder about him being a snake. He could very well pitch spike another wrestling show to replace TNA.

And yeah I do think D-Von and Chavo would be made useful with trips in power. There's a whole tag division that needs to be molded. They always have talks of starting a CW project and opened up a performance center, so getting a Guerrero as a trainer is a trips move.

To me TNA needs to flesh out some of those originals who haven't gotten them anywhere like AJ and Joe, maybe even Daniels.

Way things are going they will screw up and let Jeff Hardys deal expire, and the second it does Trips will swoop in and bring him up on a part time deal and push the Hardys for ratings and money

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Yes she has a business. To me there's no real reason why you can't have two different female teachers with two different styles. Sara has never worked wwe TV before but Victoria has. Just seems like they could give one the job of getting people ready at the performance center before transitioning to NXT. Then they let the other work with the NXT girls before being shipped to wwe TV.

If they want the performance center to go well, may as well cash in on some of them legends contracts. Same goes for NXT ever making it to TV. Guys like DDP, Nash, Waltman, Gunn, Piper, etc are assets sitting at home collecting checks when they could have their brains being picked at either developmental level

I don't really see the need for two full time female teachers, it isn't like WWE have a ton of females in developmental. Plus the male trainers down there that have main roster experience can train them as well and give them tips on what it takes to make that transition. Could see her making a few appearances at developmental as a trainer, but not a full time deal when they already have someone signed.

I doubt they ever cut Hogan, Bischoff, Sting, Dvon, or Chavo. They may screw up and let them expire like they are doing now. If they cut them outright they would just find a motive to go to wwe and make money, actually draw something, and laugh at them. And the thing with Eric is you always have to wonder about him being a snake. He could very well pitch spike another wrestling show to replace TNA.

And yeah I do think D-Von and Chavo would be made useful with trips in power. There's a whole tag division that needs to be molded. They always have talks of starting a CW project and opened up a performance center, so getting a Guerrero as a trainer is a trips move.

To me TNA needs to flesh out some of those originals who haven't gotten them anywhere like AJ and Joe, maybe even Daniels.

Way things are going they will screw up and let Jeff Hardys deal expire, and the second it does Trips will swoop in and bring him up on a part time deal and push the Hardys for ratings and money

I just don't think any of the guys I mentioned have any value to the product. WWE might be able to grab one or two and make some money with them but that doesn't mean that it would be a bad decision by TNA to cut them. Someone like Sting has done all he can in TNA for the many years he has worked there but obviously if he went to WWE he would be money because of the novelty factor of his first ever WWE match.

Devon and Chavo would be alright as trainers but I don't see much value in them as on screen characters looking long term. Every company needs veterans to work with the inexperienced youngsters and help them with their progress but TNA already have enough of them.

They may have to make some tough cuts in the future with regards to some originals but do you really see Dixie firing any of them? I can't see her firing someone that has been with the company for 7, 8, 9 or 10 years, she doesn't seem like someone who can make the tough difficult decisions. Daniels has merit as a tag team worker and they need tag teams right now. AJ I can never see them firing even if it was the right move for them and just for the record I don't think now is the right time to move him on. Joe is the most likely of the three you mentioned.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro

i Actually Liked DOC A Little Sucks.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Does this mean we're going to get Punk rambling about how talented Doc is until he eventually gets signed back to the WWE?

TNA officials have been restructuring the company which is why several talents have been released or had their contracts expire lately. This has also led to changes and departures in the TNA offices.

Multiple sources report that TNA's Senior VP of Programming and Talent Relations Bruce Prichard was among the office workers asked to restructure his contract. Word is that Prichard rejected that quest and he may be on his way out of the company.

The TNA agents have also been asked to change their deals to a per-night agreement. Word going around is that D-Lo Brown agreed to the per-night agreement only to be fired shortly thereafter.
Serious shit is going down in TNA.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Two releases I didn't see coming. I'm more surprised that I'm surprised by Tara's though, I mean all she was doing was managing that shitty team.

DOC, I didn't mind the guy, think they could have cut a number of people before him if for nothing else his A&8s stuff. Curious to see how they explain him not being there anymore.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score

Should be interesting to see how TNA explains Doc's absence, and if they put someone else in the Aces & Eights.

Tara, she was on a high salary and TNA should and could've easily asked her to re-negotiate her contract, and if she wasn't willing to do so, then they could've released her. She and her husband own a restaurant in Chicago as i'm sure most people are aware of, and they're always having themed nights, so she'll probably keep running the business along with her hubby, and possibly accept indy bookings here and there.