TNA Releasing Talent to Cut Costs

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I could see EY going (but he has the Animal planet deal so they might want to keep him on for that), Robbie E, Jessie and Terry.

If JB goes I'll shit bricks. Unlikely but imagine if :aries:

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
I could see EY going (but he has the Animal planet deal so they might want to keep him on for that), Robbie E, Jessie and Terry.

If JB goes I'll shit bricks. Unlikely but imagine if :aries:

Eric Young is done with shooting Animal Planet for the time being and said in an interview that's back full time in TNA now.

JB can go, I wouldn't mind one perchent OBVIOUSLY and NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.

Aries is the GOAT, he won't go. Even Hemme couldn't stop him from getting another push lol.

Reactions: Senhor Perfect

Stopspot

Reaction score
Eric Young is done with shooting Animal Planet for the time being and said in an interview that's back full time in TNA now.

JB can go, I wouldn't mind one perchent OBVIOUSLY and NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.

Aries is the GOAT, he won't go. Even Hemme couldn't stop him from getting another push lol.

The Aries smiley was as reaction to if they let JB go.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Sadly, Observer is reporting that more cuts in the near future are very possible. -.-

Looking over the roster at guys who you can consider cutting imo:

-Both Hogans. The Hulkster's so integral in the Aces storyline right now that you'd have to work around it, but still. You can write your way out to save 30k for the almighty Hulkster to not contribute jack shit every week
-Chavo. Dude got completely outclassed by Joey Ryan every week during your feud... yet HE was the one released?
-Christy Hemme: So Cal Val announces better, looks better, is much cheaper...
-Doc and Knux: Outside of giving the visual of Bully having this big group of guys trailing him... why are these guys still here? They aren't doing anything in this storyline and won't be after it.
-Both Bischoffs: Garett's useless and Eric's outdated. Go away.
-Eric Young: Gotta give the devil his credit, he's a casual fan draw... :(
-Hernandez: RAWR GOES THE SHOULDERTACKLE OF DOOM... seriously this guy's facking terrible
-Jeff Hardy/Kurt Angle/Sting: These guys are still relevant (well, outside of Sting) and are the biggest stars of the company, but wonder if they're worth the money. Hardy's the biggest draw, Angle's the best wrestler, Sting's still one hell of a talker... there's still things you can do with them.
-Jeremy Borash: ONLY if you don't cut Tenay. If you keep Tenay around for some idiotic reason no reason to keep him around
-Jessie Godderz: Don't have to explain this.
-Kenny King and Zema Ion: JUST because it looks like they won't be used for a while. But come on... you HAVE to find something for these guys to do. They're gold.
-King Mo: Really, you cut Crimson who was rapidly improving yet you're still trying with this guy? Lol gtfo
-Matt Morgan: More "bad booking" than "bad talent". Quickly coming down with Kofi Kingston syndrome
-Mike Tenay: You suck donkey ass. Fire him and let JB take his spot already
-Rob Terry: Again, why the hell would you cut Crimson over him? Makes no sense. This guy's completely worthless.
-Robbie E: Can't believe I'm saying this but keep him. He's entertaining as hell in this jobber role.
-Rockstar Spud and Sam Shaw: Lots of potential but unused. I'd keep them but TNA may not want to.
-Taz. Period.
-Wes Brisco: See Doc and Knux

Stopspot

Reaction score
If they release Ion I am going to get the tables.

Reactions: Snowman1

Stopspot

Reaction score
Matt Morgan is apparently gone as well. But I have no confirmation on this rumor right now.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Really? Where does the RUMER come from?

Wrestlingforum has a thread on it. Thus why I said reportedly. Gonna need some confirmation on it. They in turn credit pro wrestling dot net. But wait until more sources speak on it before reacting.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Wrestlingforum has a thread on it. Thus why I said reportedly. Gonna need some confirmation on it.

Yep, true.

Dot Net TNA News: TNA grants Matt Morgan's contractual release request
Jul 9, 2013 - 04:14 PM

By Jason Powell

TNA wrestler Matt Morgan is telling colleagues that TNA released him from his contract on Tuesday. It was well known within the TNA locker room that Morgan asked company officials for his release a month ago.

Powell's POV: It's a logical move for TNA to make since they are clearly looking to trim expenses based on the talent cuts last week, and Morgan presumably made more money than anyone who was cut at that time. He has been used only once on television since he lost a match to Sting for No. 1 contender status at the April 25 Impact taping. Morgan previously worked for WWE and given his size and promo ability, one has to wonder if a WWE return is in his future.

:facepalm: