TNA Releasing Talent to Cut Costs

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Wrestlinginc is also reporting on it now so I guess we can call it confirmed by multiple sources.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Jason Powell is reporting that Matt Morgan asked TNA officials for a release from his contract last month. According to Powell, Morgan has told people that TNA granted him a release

source -
HTML:
http://www.wrestlingnewsmafia.com/2013/07/breaking-news-matt-morgan-reportedly.html

Stopspot

Reaction score
We have a thread for this that is still active.

Also here is the big question: Did Morgan leave with the cape?

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
TNAsylum.com said: said:
"Pro Wrestling Dot Net is reporting that Matt Morgan has requested and been granted his release from TNA. Matt Morgan has been used sparingly since losing to Sting back in the Spring. As of this writing, Morgan's profile is still on TNA's Roster Page."

I love TNA and I hate to see what the company has been going through lately with all the talent loss. Hopefully they'll clean up their shit soon.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I love TNA and I hate to see what the company has been going through lately with all the talent loss. Hopefully they'll clean up their shit soon. What are your thoughts on this?

We already have a thread for the releases that is active and works as a discussion thread. Merging.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
:facepalm:

And here I thought Morgan was in line to get a big push :kobe:

Reactions: Testify

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
To be fair, if I came back with a simple storyline: "My contract ran out, and the idiot GM making half-assed decisions didn't want to resign me, so I'm going to force TNA to resign me and then I'll call said GM out on his bullshit and feud with him"... and it took 8 months for them to do anything of note with said storyline, I'd be mad too.

And after begging for 8 months, as the storyline's finally going somewhere, TNA decide to job me out to Sting. So they turned my character from "The rebel calling out Hogan" to "The complainer who just can't get it done.. again", I'd be asking for my release, too.

Morgan's said for the last 3 years that he's going after the world title just to have the ball dropped on him. He's a running joke amongst TNA fans. I'm glad he's gone, the booking has really hurt him. Hope to see you in NXT soon and bring your former tag partner with you.

Reactions: Testify and Swift

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
To be fair, if I came back with a simple storyline: "My contract ran out, and the idiot GM making half-assed decisions didn't want to resign me, so I'm going to force TNA to resign me and then I'll call said GM out on his bullshit and feud with him"... and it took 8 months for them to do anything of note with said storyline, I'd be mad too.

And after begging for 8 months, as the storyline's finally going somewhere, TNA decide to job me out to Sting. So they turned my character from "The rebel calling out Hogan" to "The complainer who just can't get it done.. again", I'd be asking for my release, too.

Morgan's said for the last 3 years that he's going after the world title just to have the ball dropped on him. He's a running joke amongst TNA fans. I'm glad he's gone, the booking has really hurt him. Hope to see you in NXT soon and bring your former tag partner with you.

Would mark for Ryan and Morgan showing up at Full Sail.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
I'm truly sorry for Matt. One of the most agile big men you'll see in business, always in great shape and condition, and probably the best 7 footer in the industry.

He was a boring babyface, but was a tremendous heel who screamed badass-ness (new word).

Can't believe how many times TNA has dropped the ball on him, it's simply unbeliavable. Year after year after year. after another year.

Hopefully he does well somewhere else.

Reactions: Snowman1

T.R.I.C

Jobber
Reaction score
Serious question for the TNA staff that will never see this post. How does cutting talent which had to work other Indy promotions while hired by you equate to real cost cutting? "Hey I saved $5, that's cost cutting!!!!"

If they wanted to cut cost, Taz would have been cut, Brooke Hogan, and Sting would have also been released. Also Rampage Jackson would have never been signed either.