TNA Releasing Talent to Cut Costs

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Wrestlinginc.com said:
In addition to Madison Rayne, Sam Shaw and Taeler Hendrix being released by TNA this week, it's also confirmed that Joey Ryan and Christian York have been released.
Like Hendrix and Shaw, Ryan and York came to TNA after participating in Gut Check. As noted, TNA is releasing talent to cut costs.
The majority of those releases are understandable but I don't understand them releasing Joey Ryan. He's a talented individual with lots of potential. Considering how much effort TNA made to try and get these people successful through gut check, TNA might be getting increasingly worried about sustaining their finances.​

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
They released Hendrix and Ryan? Wow. Well, after giving it some thought, it does feel like they only hired Joey so the IWC would shut up, but this does make Gutcheck look like crap lol. Achieve your dream and be released months later (although with them getting so many new guys in via Gutcheck I'm not really surprised).

Reactions: Ovaldinho

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Crimson?! JOEY RYAN?!? TNA...stahp fucking shit up!! :angry:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I was shocked at Joey Ryan and Crimson. And somewhat for Christian York. So what is the point of Gut Check again?

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Oh damn. I can't believe they would release Crimson, I hope that isn't true...

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
So now it can be renamed "Future Endeavours Check".

Crimson. Really? That guy had lots of potential. Hope he won't retire and lose interest in PW. That guy is really good.

And Hendrix.. She was a one hot red head chick. Also she was good on mic and had a good ring in. Yeah, watched some of her matches, promos and OVW.

Reactions: Testify

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Crimson released? Talk about dropping the ball. York I can understand since his age speaks against him but everyone else could have become something. Hell, Shaw showed a lot of improvement after his original Gutcheck run.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I see this as a good thing. I would rather Joey Ryan entertain and wrestle how he wants too instead of literally doing nothing on TNA. Christian York is too slow in the ring for TNA's standards. Never watched Crimson so I can't really say anything about his release. Sam Shaw is probably the worst wrestler in the company today so I'm happy about his release. Hendrix imo is the only downfall of this news.