TNA Rebrand Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Was hoping to read some stuff about the presser but instead we get someone shitting on everything for no reason :francis
if Deezy is talking shit about a product you enjoy, that product is doing something right ;)

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
As for belts, hoping to see, in particular, something based on the White Crown Belt (what I'm calling the old Knockouts Title)

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Was hoping to read some stuff about the presser but instead we get someone shitting on everything for no reason :francis
The presser did get posted by Chris. Got some great stuff from Scott talking about the promotion the Jarrett’s and Bob Ryder thought of when they were on their fishing trip that day and that’s the company that he wants to honor going forward.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I’m happy to see them going back to the TNA name. I watched BFG and I throughly enjoyed it, Ospreay vs Bailey was my favorite match. Call your shot BR was a lot of fun too, I popped for the return of the Broski, the Indy God Matt Cardona.

I’m gonna make an effort to watch the shows weekly.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
For once in your life take your L and move on.

First off, your first comment made it sound like the same people saying loltna are the same people saying yaytna. They’re not. Anyone that hates TNA like yourself is still gonna hate TNA. I can guarantee you anyone that’s excited about the return for TNA didn’t like TNA when it was on. Nostalgia isn’t a disease you catch. You had to have always liked it to be nostalgic for it today.

Secondly, most of you lolTNA probably hadn’t watched TNA in like fucking ages if ever. They were never the people that had ever actually watched nor are they the people that Scott is trying to appeal to now. Scott D’Amore even addressed the TNA criticisms of the past in his life today and he point blank said he’s done apologizing for the past mistake of previous regimes. This is a new era.

And regardless, it’s completely irrelevant because I can guarantee you more people today talk shit about the state of current day impact wrestling. There is zero positive upside to sticking with an objectively less popular and less marketable branding.

No one is gonna stop you from saying lolTNA to your heart’s content, but your not the demographic.
I said TNA was synonymous with LOLTNA......which it was.

You used your own anecdotal booshit to act like that wasn't a thing......which it was.

Who's the one not taking an L and moving on?

And I made a joke about nostalgia being a powerful thing and was ready to just leave it there, again you were the one making a mountain out of a molehill because anything you deem bad said about shit you like means it's somehow a direct attack on you.

And yeah, us "lolTNA" guys stopped watching because it was a joke and you know what else? Us "lolTNA" guys would hardly ever talk about TNA.

Go figure.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
The presser did get posted by Chris. Got some great stuff from Scott talking about the promotion the Jarrett’s and Bob Ryder thought of when they were on their fishing trip that day and that’s the company that he wants to honor going forward.
I did notice that, was going to post a tweet thread about the presser before I noticed Chris had beaten me to it

Good to see someone who actually cares about Wrestling

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
At what point does it pass "difference of opinion" and become "just being a troll"? Asking for a friend

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Bro, no you fucking didn’t. You literally said lolTNa now yaytna. Making a direct comparison to the same people. I’ve already provided you with actual facts that your entire nonsense is completely irrelevant so please do us a favor and get the fuck out of this thread.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You used your own anecdotal booshit to act like that wasn't a thing......which it was.
This also might get the award for the biggest lie I’ve ever seen posted on a wrestling board ever. That wasn’t ever said by me. I have acknowledged in every post that loltna existed. It just isn’t the same people that like TNA nor is the people saying yay tna nor is it as big as you like to believe that it was. Certainly not a big enough of a reason to stick with a brand that’s objectively less popular. Sticking with impact wrestling would make zero sense if that was your argument because impact wrestling gets dunked on far harder than lolTNA ever was a thing. Now :bye.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
At what point does it pass "difference of opinion" and become "just being a troll"? Asking for a friend
depends who you ask. I personally think all he does is troll and start shit but yknow, that's just me and I don't have much of a tolerance for this shit lol

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Bro, no you fucking didn’t. You literally said lolTNa now yaytna. Making a direct comparison to the same people. I’ve already provided you with actual facts that your entire nonsense is completely irrelevant so please do us a favor and get the fuck out of this thread.
Dude thrives off starting bullshit, wanting to be right, then playing the victim later. Just kick him out of the thread. :draper2

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
This also might get the award for the biggest lie I’ve ever seen posted on a wrestling board ever. That wasn’t ever said by me. I have acknowledged in every post that loltna existed. It just isn’t the same people that like TNA nor is the people saying yay tna nor is it as big as you like to believe that it was. Certainly not a big enough of a reason to stick with a brand that’s objectively less popular. Sticking with impact wrestling would make zero sense if that was your argument because impact wrestling gets dunked on far harder than lolTNA ever was a thing. Now :bye.
only thing I disagree with is the last thing, I don't think impact got shit on much anymore, simply because...no one even t alked about impact at all for a long time until very recently,. ppl kind of just stopped talking about it. thats why we had sky doing solo LDs for a long ass time

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
only thing I disagree with is the last thing, I don't think impact got shit on much anymore, simply because...no one even t alked about impact at all for a long time until very recently,. ppl kind of just stopped talking about it. thats why we had sky doing solo LDs for a long ass time
I was riding solo from early pandemic to literally the week before Kenny Omega mentioned Impact on AEW. Chris showed up at the perfect time

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Yeah it's crazy how COVID pretty much killed most companies, and Impact maybe got the worst of it out of everyone.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I’m talking about from 2017 to today. Impact wrestling was like the biggest joke ever in 2017 because they went from a loose branding of impact wrestling to a Hard Impact Wrestling to GFW back to impact wrestling all in the same year.

They also failed to properly secure the GFW rights and fired Jeff Jarrett in the middle of that process, which was a huge story that people constantly dumped on them for it. There was also the incident with Alberto being fired while he was a champion. There was a debacle where they got kicked off of Twitch.

I think the product the last couple years has also been talked well about people actually watch but that’s my point though is that the people shit on the company are never the people that watch it and anytime somebody talks an someone signing with impact it’s met with tremendous mockery. I see it many times over the last couple years. Trust and believe impact is a great laugh currently today in 2023, unfortunately. I remember specifically when Nick Aldis went there. People were hooting and hollering for like a good week.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon