TNA Genesis Fallout

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

btman

Reaction score
As a longtime WWE fan I have to admit I mark out when I see Bischoff cutting promos.

Glad to see Brian Kendrick debut, surprised at how many in the impact zone cheered him on. Wish he danced out, but him storming right in had me believe he might storm out as X Division Champ. I was very impressed with him though.

Sucked that Brian Kendrick debuted with an great match and lost where Anderson cut a standard promo, had a sub-par match and won. Also Sean Morley winning was a big wtf, the whole match was Daniels being flashy and Sean didn't pull off anything impressive.

I haven't been watching impact enough to be sick of AJ's face run yet, but in the couple times I'd tune in... When he was heel I wasn't impressed at all. Flair should be a good match with AJ though.

Kizza

Best parts of this show for me were Kendrick, Wolfe/Pope and Sean Waltman. Waltman did extremely well in that match, even if he was the "odd one out" stylewise. Still shows he has it, and I look forward to seeing more from him.

I do feel that Red/Kendrick were restricted with what they were doing, whether that was one of those first meeting jitter things or whatever, I don't know. Red did a horrible job selling the leg though.

Morley vs Daniels was actually alright. I wasn't surprised with how Morley looked and went about his business, and was fairly sure that he would win. Obviously got into Batista's roid cabinet though. Some of his matches in Japan were alright too apparently, so I need to watch a couple of them. Ending was lol with the botch.

Skipped through ODB/Tara. Had no interest in that whatsoever. ODB is one of the worst women's wrestlers who is designed to be a wrestler ever (if that made sense).

BlueMex vs British Invasion was very ordinary, but hardly surprising. They were never going to work well together imo.

Pope and Wolfe was the match of the night. The two work very well together, and are easily the two best things currently going with TNA. I'm shocked that creative managed to get two gimmicks so RIGHT and SPOT ON. Both are played well to perfection.

Beer Money vs Nash/Waltman. I really liked this match. Nash really pulls above his weight sometimes as a 50 year old, and obviously tries his best. Waltman really made this match though, along with Beer Money. He was really good I thought. I hope to see him and Nash tag more often. Ending was a horrible let down after a good match though.

Abyss vs Anderson was dreadful. Terrible, awkward, boring match. Anderson working on one arm, then randomly the other, then swapping between both was just Blue. Horrible match, Abyss has become really piss poor in the last couple of years, probably through weight loss. Ending was horrible, Kennedy looked like he wanted to fondle his dick for a bit.

Kurt vs AJ. I hope this is the last match. because how much more can you do with this? Nice mat stuff to being with, before we moved onto the higher impact stuff. Angle doing the Styles Clash and AJ doing the Angle Slam was good. Ending was good for what they were trying to achieve, but from an overall aspect, where does this leave Tomko? They built up a mystery heel attacker, and suddenly he's heel as well? What the fuck?

Overall, I thought this show was good, but let down by a couple of poor matches (Kennedy/Abyss, tag title match.) Nice start though with this new "era".

The Rated R CMStar

Just watched Mr. Anderson's debut on Youtube. Besides the fact that the guy truly believes in his mind that he's a big superstar, that debuting promo was a failure.

Reaction score
Ain;t saw it yet, I really wantto but i don't know if its going o be on bravo or bravo 2 like it normaly is over here. I realy wanna see X-Pac, Brian Kendrick and AJ vs Kurt, I dont't care how many times I've saw it, there amazing.

phantomgerald

I hate and I mean hate what Hogan is doing. I liked Jarrett. To me, he was the poor man's version of Vince Mcmahon who could alternate between face and heel and get a crowd reaction all the time. Foley was awesome as the leader too. Now we have Hogan just bullying everyone and he wants to be cheered. Pfft.

And Hogan not only have power on screen. I just don't like how much power he has. No on screen character should have that much power. The 4 ring was his idea and he got hiss way. When will Dixie just tell him no?

ScottyShowman

Reaction score
A lot of stuff happened that wasn't mentioned at all in this thread yet.
At the beginning of the show Bischoff and Hogan come and they talk about the changes that happened that night. And the crowd I heard was shouting quite loudly "WE WANT SIX SIDES"

Hogan tried to reply to that buy saying something about they had to make changes for the better and they wanted no more gimmick "pig pen" wrestling rings.

I also heard that there was no dark match because there was a TNA staffer taking away all the signs that were bashing the new 4 sided ring.

I am still kind of pissed off that Hogan and Bischoff show no respect for the people and the vision that was TNA before they got there. Taking away was the ring and having Anderson and Morley go over Daniels and Abyss is kind of a slap in the face to TNA fans who been with the company since the beginning.

Anderson came out did his promo and the fans were eating it up. Then he I heard hewrestled a bit and the fans were chanting "OVERRATED"
but Anderson was funny he was playing off it.

I also heard that at last Impact taping this week they were telling the fans to "behave" and telling them they are like cast members of a show. Which I think is totally wrong. You don't tell your fans what to do. That's what's cool about being a fan you can voice your opinion, cheer and boo for whoever you want.

Lashley was supposed to fight Abyss but he they had this skit where Lashley was confronting Bischoff and Abyss came in and attacked him. Lashley's TNA carreer is up in the air. This guy was planned to be a big two sport star Dixie even came on iMPACT for the 1st time to talk about it. He could have brought MMA fans into TNA and now he may be gone. JB is also let go from the company and he's been there since Day 1.

There are currently petitions to get JB's job back and well as getting back the six sided ring. Some fans are really pisses and a part of me is too.

AJ turning heel I thought was stupid in the beginning cause he so talented he doesn't need to cheat or Flair by his side but if new fans see Flair backing him they will know he is a big deal.

Like I said a lot of fans are outraged by these changes. I don't think they should have got rid of the ring. It seems like they're tearing TNA down to the ground and building it back up. I do think Bischoff is a jerk but he is a genius, I think people are talking about TNA now more than ever, I'm glad Styles Beer Money Morgan Hernandez Wolfe and Pope got over.

I'm excited to see what happens but Bischoff and Hogan got to remember the fans who got TNA to where it was today or it might end up biting them in the ass.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
first off i hate how hogan said that 6 sides could only get them so far, well when they finally got six sides what happened, oh thats right they got on spike tv, they got moved from saturday to thursday, they went from 1 hour to 2, and they got their highest ratings ever, not to mention before the 6 sided ring no big names had even jumped and when they did have it, sting, angle, christian, booker t came in, though the last 2 aren't there anymore the 6 sides meant a lot to tna. Does anyone remember the ultimate x on their old 4 sided ring, it sucked, it didnt work becuase the structures were too far apart making the cables come down too much. but then again i dont hate the traditional 4 sided ring either.

next Hogan was b*tch about lashley needing time off to train, Lashley had a deal in place with dixie long before hogan came in and that deal allowed him to take time off(he was still working the tapings), so what if he didn't do house shows, its not like hogan did either during the end of his career, its not like sting does either. i dont care if they are legends, lashley say if he were to become strikeforce champ, he would bring in a lot of viewers becuase lets face it MMA is way more popular than wrestling and everyone would be talking about whos better between Lashley and Lesnar, Hogan obviously doesn't want anyone who could be more popular than him on the show.

and the last thing, i always thought a face tomko could be huge if they used him as a batista character but he's never really had the chance so maybe if they did that, but yeah there's only 2 non heels left at the HW title level(actual main eventers as of now) and thats Sting and Angle and both wont be near the title scene for a while, so unless Joe turns(which may be why they left him off PPV) or Hardy isn't in prison then idk who will challenge AJ

xtremebadass

So bringing in a 4 sided ring just shows how much Hogan disliked the Steel Asylum.

Kizza

It's just a fucking ring. Trying to be different by your ring is pathetic. It was a shitty ring and now it's been replaced with a WRESTLING ring. Isn't that what TNA are trying to convince us anyways?