TNA Genesis Fallout

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Quintastic One

Reaction score
So we saw the debut of The Brian Kendrick, Mister Anderson is now officially in TNA, Beer Money actually beat Kevin Nash & Sean Waltman, so I am in shock. Sean Morley beat Daniels, we have new Tag Team Champions, a new Knockouts Champion, AJ Styles has turned heel with Ric Flair by screwing over Kurt Angle so he can never challenge for the belt again.

ALOT of shit went down last night folks. And even if this thread is gonna be flooded with TNA hate like all the others (and you wonder why us TNA fans don't post threads here) I feel this thread needed to be made.

What are your thoughts on all the shit that went down?

Wordlife

no dude personally, there really is no hate whatsoever.

A pretty damn good PPV to be quite honest with you. Beer Money shocked the hell out of me, who would of though that could have/would happen??

AJ Styles turning heel personally is the best thing they could do right now. That is the driving force to TNA in my opinion, AJ can carry the show. And with the heel turn with Flair, it couldn't have come at the right time.

And lastly, the debuts of TBKB (hehe), Anderson (can't say KENNNNNNEDY anymore) and even Val Venis too, really did something for the business. I was excited and happy to see the new faces on TNA last night, and I believe that their impact on the show could be great, especially when Jeff Hardy pulls his shit together and comes to TNA too

Quintastic One

Reaction score
It was a nice surprise to see Mister Anderson there. I think he can do some good things. I am pleasantly surprised that Nash & Waltman were willing to put Beer Money over. I'm even happier that we didn't have to see Nasty Boys Vs. Team 3D, and Styles heel turn while champion is definitely something fresh and is just BEGGING for D'Angelo Dinero to get that monster face push to fight AJ. Otherwise who's gonna do it? Samoa Joes heel so I don't see him cashing in that briefcase on another heel. Morgan & Hernandez are tag champs now. Mister Anderson? He seemed heel at the PPV so I don't think that's going down either. It's an interesting dilemma.

Wordlife

I've been waiting for the day they give D'Angelo Dinero his push, now I think we can finally see it! Always been a big fan of his in-ring ability and whatnot, could put on a great match with AJ to be honest

xtremebadass

I bet this is going to lead up to a Kurt Angle/Ric Flair classic match. That would be something worth watching.

AJ heel...AGAIN? Please don't bring back the crown! Wait, then what about Tomko? Does that make him face?

Sean Morley is my new favorite wrestler. Sorry to those people who thinks he sucks because in his debut he beat Daniels.

Why did JB get fired? I am really starting to hate this. I got pics of the new iMPACT! Zone if anyone wants to see them.

LKP

Mister............... Anderson........... WAIT FOR IT............ WAIT FOR IT...................KKK............ANDERSON!

I saw the ppv on justintv and it was a damn good stream. It was a very good ppv and i think if they keep doing stuff liek this then im all for it. "WWE and Vince McMahon what are you going to do when TNA runs wild on you brother.... or sister". That line was gold!

Wordlife

I'd love to see them actually Mike.... and I have to agree, that win over Daniels was MIGHTY impressive. He'll be shaping up to be a great wrestler in TNA

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Sean Morley is a mixed bag for me. He was easily with Goldust my favorite lower carder in WWE of the past 12 years, so I'm happy he's receiving a good push in TNA. I am sad that it's coming at the expense of Daniels main event push though, so that's where the stigmas coming from.

My only HUGE complaint on Genesis is that they scrapped the six sided ring. I should be furious about it, but really I'm not. I'm just upset because I would rather have the six sided ring. But it's not something to riot about either.

LKP

The fans at the start when hogan came out Q1 said that lol. We want 6 sides lol. I like the 4 sided ring.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Well yeah they obviously weren't happy about the 4 sided ring. And I thought it was insulting how Bischoff said "get used to change" which I basically translated to "We're gonna do things our way whether you fans like it or not". So that's a dangerous move. But I particularly will miss the six sided ring, but won't condemn TNA for going to 4.

But how are they gonna do Lethal Lockdown now? Six Sides of Steel was one of TNA's greatest concepts. Same as Ultimate X.

The Rated R CMStar

It was actually a good show. Beer Money winning was a surprise (a good one that is) altough the ending was crap and took the focus out of them. Sean Morley is a joke and he shouldnt be defeating the man who just main evented your last show. Hogan targetting Vince and failing to connect with the crowd was funny (I really dont think his intention was to heel them) and Mr. Kennedy was a HUGE let down, altough t's good to have him there.

It's a shame that TNA decided to just threw a card out there with no build up for most of the matches whatsoever. A little more build up could have made things better.

Nation

Fuck the 4 sided ring that's bullshit. Morley going over Daniels is also bullshit. He was a jobber for years in the WWE and now he beats Daniels who was just the #1 contender. Plus he really needs a gimmick twist. He has to move on from the "Hello Ladies" catchphrase and evolve his character. But Brian Kendrick and Mr Anderson coming to TNA is a win.

CenaMark54

Well yeah they obviously weren't happy about the 4 sided ring. And I thought it was insulting how Bischoff said "get used to change" which I basically translated to "We're gonna do things our way whether you fans like it or not". So that's a dangerous move. But I particularly will miss the six sided ring, but won't condemn TNA for going to 4.

But how are they gonna do Lethal Lockdown now? Six Sides of Steel was one of TNA's greatest concepts. Same as Ultimate X.

They may go back to the six sides for special occasions and whatnot.

PeepShow

Going in I was totally pumped for this ppv. Then when it happened it really felt underwhelming. Only things that really came off as good about this were the Pope/Wolfe match which could have been better honestly and Angle/AJ.

Beginning match was alright, but seemed like it was just there and given the fact that there was hardly any area around the outside of the ring, I think they weren't allowed to do some of the things they normally would have.

Morley coming in and going over Daniels who was one half of your main event last month is complete garbage. I don't mind Morley, but cmon.

Kennedy being the major person to debut was totally underwhelming as well. Hogan built up this acquisition like he was Stone Cold in his prime or something when in reality it was a guy that WWE fired and never really built up to much in his 3 or so years in the company.

Hall coming out and just randomly hitting a fan and dragging him over the railing to distract his own team and get the lose? wtf. And then there was no ramifications or follow up on the attack. That was a weird fucking ending that didn't make much sense.

I mean this whole show was just there. It wasn't god awful or anything, but it certainly wasn't anything special. I really expected more. Hopefully they follow up with a good impact this Thursday.