The WS Mental Health and Empathy Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Baldrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect
Favorite Wrestler
teddibiase
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Been rather absent myself. My Uncle died just before my birthday, and then my sister in law is being a total pain in the arse so trying to sort more family stuff out, so just needed to take some time for myself :/

All is getting better though so that's a bonus!

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Been rather absent myself. My Uncle died just before my birthday, and then my sister in law is being a total pain in the arse so trying to sort more family stuff out, so just needed to take some time for myself :/

All is getting better though so that's a bonus!
I'm sorry dude about your uncle and your sister-in-law being a pain. You do need to take a break every now and then.

I'm just glad its getting better for you dude. :)

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Today has just sorts tanked my mental faculties at the moment.

It's the first day of 7 in a row at work and I'm already pissed off. Additionally my partner is going to be so busy I may not even see them in a few months. Those Wild tickets I ended up buying I may have to sell since I specifically bought it to go with them and have a date night.

As a result of a bunch of this, my self-motivation has completely disappeared and all I feel like doing lately is just staying in bed and play Final Fantasy X to distract myself. I don't wanna get up out of bed, don't wanna eat, I don't even really want to sleep. I feel like utter shit rn.

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Today has just sorts tanked my mental faculties at the moment.

It's the first day of 7 in a row at work and I'm already pissed off. Additionally my partner is going to be so busy I may not even see them in a few months. Those Wild tickets I ended up buying I may have to sell since I specifically bought it to go with them and have a date night.

As a result of a bunch of this, my self-motivation has completely disappeared and all I feel like doing lately is just staying in bed and play Final Fantasy X to distract myself. I don't wanna get up out of bed, don't wanna eat, I don't even really want to sleep. I feel like utter shit rn.
Hang in there, it sounds like a tough period but be patient and just try and do a little more each day and you'll pull through it.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
So, I guess I owe people an explanation of where I have been. After, what happened on here on the 10th or 11th, I ended up having a mental / psychotic breakdown, and I knew I needed to get help. I have been in a Psychiatric hospital for the past month, or well close to a month. I was supposed to get out next Saturday, but the doctor asked if I would like to leave a week early so, I can get back in my groove of things or well my improved groove of things. My mental state is better since I got revaluated and different and better medicine and so forth. The main thing is I am back and better or as better as one could be, and I am sorry for everything I did before I left.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So, I guess I owe people an explanation of where I have been. After, what happened on here on the 10th or 11th, I ended up having a mental / psychotic breakdown, and I knew I needed to get help. I have been in a Psychiatric hospital for the past month, or well close to a month. I was supposed to get out next Saturday, but the doctor asked if I would like to leave a week early so, I can get back in my groove of things or well my improved groove of things. My mental state is better since I got revaluated and different and better medicine and so forth. The main thing is I am back and better or as better as one could be, and I am sorry for everything I did before I left.

No apologies necessary, we're just glad you're alright

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
As Chris said, no need to apologize. Just happy you’re back, and glad you’re doing better. Love ya!

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Glad your back Deth I’ve missed you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
I'm glad you got the help you needed Deth. Happy to see you back my friend. :)

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
I am having Axel, my half lab dog, put to sleep next week and I am already a wreck. I am not a very emotionally strong person. So I am probably going to be emotionally worn out by the time this is done. He would be 15 in January...and I was hopeful to get him there before this tumor showed up.

He is able to still walk around, eat, drink etc. but he is now not able to control is bladder and sometimes poops unintentionally, he sometimes is wobbly when he walks, has moments when he breaths hard and has had a day or two when he couldn't get up on his own (which he can do again now). One day I noticed him twitching but haven't seen that happen again since. I used to walk him at least twice a week every week since January 2020 and a few weeks ago when I tried to walk him we didn't make it near as far as we used to.

There are times that I can tell that he is in pain and then other times that he isn't feeling so bad. With him taking meds, I feel like I could maybe still manage everything but because Thanksgiving is coming up and ill be driving 8 hours in one day...it's not reasonable to take him with me with his situation and I wouldn't even consider leaving him with someone to watch over him constantly.

Every day since late August I have kept a cone on him not just to keep him from scratching the tumor in his ear but to protect the carpet as much as possible because that tumor leaks a lot of fluid. So between that and letting him out twice during the night (like 1 or 2 am and 5 or 6 am) every night...it's a lot of effort. The thing is that as hard as that is on me I still don't want to lose him.

He was originally my brothers dog. My brother house trained him and then Axel was given to me when he was 2 to 4 years old. I can't remember what year it was. My brother couldn't have pets to where he was moving to, so that's why he was given to me. He has been a great dog for the most part. I could let him outside without being in a fenced in area and without watching him and he would stay on the property.

I have been living with a lot of regrets in my life (which is a whole story for a different time) and I have used Axel to help me get through depression that I secretly have battled. I am not a very outgoing or outspoken person and usually keep to myself. Keep everything bottled up. Just take the punches and move along...and Axel has helped me move along. So I don't even want to think what its going to be like without him. I am going to miss him every day for a long time. This is so hard... My family had cats when I was little but most of them just simply disappeared and ran off and I didn't have this much of a connection with them. I can see why people wouldn't want another pet after losing one.

Last edited:

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
It's rough coming back home without him. He isn't here following me around waiting for food, wanting my attention. Not pacing through the hallway.

Tomorrow is going to suck. Driving 8 hours in rain, trying to not think about him. One of my cousins has a kid that they named Axel. So ill be hearing my dogs name tomorrow...

I really hate this feeling... I really miss him.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
So something I wanted to get off my chest is that about 2 months back I was in a really dark place. I was at the kind of place where I didn't say anything on here and I didn't say anything to anyone and I pretty much spent every day after work hiding under the covers and staring at my wall. I was mentally tired, I was physically drained and had added pressures of life that got me to the point where I actually was getting ready to kill myself. It was pretty bad, I was actually in a spot where I spent a night just holding a pill bottle in my hand in the bathroom for about 2 hours. Obviously I didn't do it but, I can say I'm a lil better off than I was. I think I am just a coward though in some aspects because im not actually afraid of doing it, I was more afraid of what comes after. I am not even religious but the fear of God stopped me the fear of damnation or something along those lines.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
So something I wanted to get off my chest is that about 2 months back I was in a really dark place. I was at the kind of place where I didn't say anything on here and I didn't say anything to anyone and I pretty much spent every day after work hiding under the covers and staring at my wall. I was mentally tired, I was physically drained and had added pressures of life that got me to the point where I actually was getting ready to kill myself. It was pretty bad, I was actually in a spot where I spent a night just holding a pill bottle in my hand in the bathroom for about 2 hours. Obviously I didn't do it but, I can say I'm a lil better off than I was. I think I am just a coward though in some aspects because im not actually afraid of doing it, I was more afraid of what comes after. I am not even religious but the fear of God stopped me the fear of damnation or something along those lines.

boo-hug.gif

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Fucking Jesus bro I’m so sorry. Please do what you can to take care of yourself. I know life can be shit but even if you just find little things to make you happy that’s a good start.