The WS Mental Health and Empathy Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
So something I wanted to get off my chest is that about 2 months back I was in a really dark place. I was at the kind of place where I didn't say anything on here and I didn't say anything to anyone and I pretty much spent every day after work hiding under the covers and staring at my wall. I was mentally tired, I was physically drained and had added pressures of life that got me to the point where I actually was getting ready to kill myself. It was pretty bad, I was actually in a spot where I spent a night just holding a pill bottle in my hand in the bathroom for about 2 hours. Obviously I didn't do it but, I can say I'm a lil better off than I was. I think I am just a coward though in some aspects because im not actually afraid of doing it, I was more afraid of what comes after. I am not even religious but the fear of God stopped me the fear of damnation or something along those lines.
If you ever need to talk or vent or anything, let me know. I’m always willing to listen or talk or whatever you need. Don’t be afraid to lean on me.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
So something I wanted to get off my chest is that about 2 months back I was in a really dark place. I was at the kind of place where I didn't say anything on here and I didn't say anything to anyone and I pretty much spent every day after work hiding under the covers and staring at my wall. I was mentally tired, I was physically drained and had added pressures of life that got me to the point where I actually was getting ready to kill myself. It was pretty bad, I was actually in a spot where I spent a night just holding a pill bottle in my hand in the bathroom for about 2 hours. Obviously I didn't do it but, I can say I'm a lil better off than I was. I think I am just a coward though in some aspects because im not actually afraid of doing it, I was more afraid of what comes after. I am not even religious but the fear of God stopped me the fear of damnation or something along those lines.
I’ve been there man, so if you ever need to talk, hit me up and talk to me, vent to me, whatever you need man.

I need to share a bit also. I’ve not been able to really deal with my Grandma’s passing. Thanksgiving was hard as fuck on me, and if not being around my family I don’t think I would’ve held myself together. I’m not looking forward to Christmas this year, I don’t feel what you would call the Christmas spirit. She was the closest thing I ever had to a mom, she basically helped raise me. The fact that I can’t call her anymore, or go see her anymore, just eats me up inside. I truly wish I could just have one more day with her, one more time to hug her, talk to her, watch a movie with her, anything really. One more time to tell her that I love her. That’s what I want more than anything in the world, just to be able to tell her one more time that I love her, and to thank her for everything she did for me because I know I wasn’t the easiest person to deal with. But she loved me no matter how hard headed I was. She truly was the best, and I miss that.

• Sad
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I’ve been there man, so if you ever need to talk, hit me up and talk to me, vent to me, whatever you need man.

I need to share a bit also. I’ve not been able to really deal with my Grandma’s passing. Thanksgiving was hard as fuck on me, and if not being around my family I don’t think I would’ve held myself together. I’m not looking forward to Christmas this year, I don’t feel what you would call the Christmas spirit. She was the closest thing I ever had to a mom, she basically helped raise me. The fact that I can’t call her anymore, or go see her anymore, just eats me up inside. I truly wish I could just have one more day with her, one more time to hug her, talk to her, watch a movie with her, anything really. One more time to tell her that I love her. That’s what I want more than anything in the world, just to be able to tell her one more time that I love her, and to thank her for everything she did for me because I know I wasn’t the easiest person to deal with. But she loved me no matter how hard headed I was. She truly was the best, and I miss that.
I feel your pain. Losing my grandmother on my father’s side was undoubtedly the hardest day of my life and in many ways worse than when I lost my father. She raised me more than anyone else did.

It took a while to get used to her not being around.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I feel your pain. Losing my grandmother on my father’s side was undoubtedly the hardest day of my life and in many ways worse than when I lost my father. She raised me more than anyone else did.

It took a while to get used to her not being around.
The amount of times I’ve had to stop myself from picking up my phone and calling her, it’s such a hard feeling. Her birthday in February is probably going to be one of the hardest days to not want to do it. I honestly believe no one loves you like a Grandma does, it’s a true one of a kind love. I know if I ever have a kid, a daughter, I’m definitely naming her after my grandma.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The amount of times I’ve had to stop myself from picking up my phone and calling her, it’s such a hard feeling. Her birthday in February is probably going to be one of the hardest days to not want to do it. I honestly believe no one loves you like a Grandma does, it’s a true one of a kind love. I know if I ever have a kid, a daughter, I’m definitely naming her after my grandma.
That would be a great way to honor her.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Many of you, who may read this know that I'll be heading to Canada soon enough to visit my aunt and to also hopefully begin anew. While my mental health has been good/better after my visit to the nearest Psych Ward, I'll be honest and say that this month has been rocky for me. There is a list of reasons for that from me trying to actually accept myself and all that cliche Jazz to the fact I'll be leaving what I am comfortable with and going to a new place that I know no one and is an entire new country. I know, sure it is Canada and all the common things, but still it is a new place and like mentioned before it is scary regardless. So yeah, I am doing better, and I will be, but my health has been up and down a lot but hopefully once I am there and get settle in and everything that is stabilizes and I get better.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Moving so far, in a different country no less, is extremely scary and intimidating. Especially leaving creature comforts behind where you feel safe. Thankfully, these things will also be created once you arrive at your destination and within a few weeks or month, it will all feel like it was silly to worry. It's obviously not silly to worry and completely understandable, so don't beat yourself up over it either. Home is where the heart is and you've got a big one, so I know you will be okay. Stay safe and best of luck in your travels Sasha.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Many of you, who may read this know that I'll be heading to Canada soon enough to visit my aunt and to also hopefully begin anew. While my mental health has been good/better after my visit to the nearest Psych Ward, I'll be honest and say that this month has been rocky for me. There is a list of reasons for that from me trying to actually accept myself and all that cliche Jazz to the fact I'll be leaving what I am comfortable with and going to a new place that I know no one and is an entire new country. I know, sure it is Canada and all the common things, but still it is a new place and like mentioned before it is scary regardless. So yeah, I am doing better, and I will be, but my health has been up and down a lot but hopefully once I am there and get settle in and everything that is stabilizes and I get better.
Love you, be safe, and enjoy yourself!

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Try the poutine.

But I hope you enjoy your time up here. I know it is scary, but you've survived Tennessee as a trans woman, I think you can do well up here.

• Love
Reactions: Alexa

Baldrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect
Favorite Wrestler
teddibiase
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Checking in peeps, how are you all doing?

Reactions: Doom

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I'm alive. Took a pretty hard rejection last night though so that was rough. Just gotta keep on pushing through.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
First time checking into this Thread and honestly I should of came in sooner. I've had a couple of Anxiety/Panic Attacks the past few Months and I've always been the type of guy to keep things inside rather than talking about what is going on in my head. I had the Aumblance check on me today because it got that bad and I wonder how you guys deal with anxiety? The EMTs told I'm fine but the stress of the lack of work, and my seemly Stomach pain I've been having hasn't been helping things. The Female EMT told me if you've been cutting out completely Cafferine like Mountain Dew your body is going to react to not having it as much as you were putting into body daily. I was fine on day and all of sudden my heart starting racing after I got out of the Shower and Nausea starting to flare up on me. I talked to my Mom and told her what has been going on in my head lately and she calmed me down alot even waiting for the Aumblance but when you're not feeling well it's hard to come down from it.

My Mother and one of my Brothers are on Medicine for Anxiety and maybe it's time I get on some kind of Medicine to help me. It would need to be lowest dosage because I work on my feet and I don't want to be a Zombie while I work. I'm also going to get some Muralax to see if that helps my Stomach if not I'm going to see a Doctor and see what is going on with my Stomach that is limiting me going to the Bathroom on days on end.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
my 2 cents HoHo , try therapy before medicine. both have their use, but learning some techniques might be beneficial to you even if you do end up the medicine route. Hang in there, sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch anxiety wise.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
First time checking into this Thread and honestly I should of came in sooner. I've had a couple of Anxiety/Panic Attacks the past few Months and I've always been the type of guy to keep things inside rather than talking about what is going on in my head. I had the Aumblance check on me today because it got that bad and I wonder how you guys deal with anxiety? The EMTs told I'm fine but the stress of the lack of work, and my seemly Stomach pain I've been having hasn't been helping things. The Female EMT told me if you've been cutting out completely Cafferine like Mountain Dew your body is going to react to not having it as much as you were putting into body daily. I was fine on day and all of sudden my heart starting racing after I got out of the Shower and Nausea starting to flare up on me. I talked to my Mom and told her what has been going on in my head lately and she calmed me down alot even waiting for the Aumblance but when you're not feeling well it's hard to come down from it.

My Mother and one of my Brothers are on Medicine for Anxiety and maybe it's time I get on some kind of Medicine to help me. It would need to be lowest dosage because I work on my feet and I don't want to be a Zombie while I work. I'm also going to get some Muralax to see if that helps my Stomach if not I'm going to see a Doctor and see what is going on with my Stomach that is limiting me going to the Bathroom on days on end.
I'm so sorry you're going through this dude.

But yeah, it's best to take Jeff's advice to go to therapy before start taking medication.