The WS Mental Health and Empathy Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Yeah, so this these last couple of months have been rough for me as mentioned before, but lucky I began going back to therapy and she has helped me a lot in the recent month especially with me being negative all of the time. So pretty much she has/is helping me to be less...Hipster/Snobbish I suppose you could say. And by that, I mean she has been helping get over the thing where I am like "Well, I liked them before everyone and blah blah blah" and then proceeds to hate them once they get big/popular or just generally hating things that popular just for the sake of it like AEW. A lot of it stemed from me having a Superiority Complex and a Controlling Complex as well as a "need" to be different/conflicting for the sake of it so i don't follow the herd which in my mind is a awful thing to do. Thus why I would be an ass/bitch on here or just get pissed off and ignore people. And the fact I am a middle child, I always wanted something that was "mine" and no one elses so that was another reasoing for my attitude. So yeah, I haven been getting better slowly breaking those ways of thinking, which is more painfull then telling Jeff I somewhat like AEW, and trying to be better and not so conflicting, I think is the word to use. So yeah, this all for this update.

Glad you're working on something. And it doesn't mean you HAVE to be a big fangirl of something like AEW because the extreme would also be bad, but I can imagine how it can contribute to a negative mood, falling out because you see other people like it and it isn't something "Yours" anymore (or letting the dumbass fans ruin it) instead of enjoying the fact that you have something to share with people, you know? There was a reason why you liked it in the first place, maybe just others are realizing it too?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Thats some really great news deth im really happy to hear all that. Thanks again for the kind words before you left, can happily say my mom finally git out of hospital last week n finally testing neg for covid after a 60 day battle

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Glad you're working on something. And it doesn't mean you HAVE to be a big fangirl of something like AEW because the extreme would also be bad, but I can imagine how it can contribute to a negative mood, falling out because you see other people like it and it isn't something "Yours" anymore (or letting the dumbass fans ruin it) instead of enjoying the fact that you have something to share with people, you know? There was a reason why you liked it in the first place, maybe just others are realizing it too?
Oh, yeah, I am not going to become a huge fangirl like @Canadian Dragon is, but just a fan because as you said one extreme is as bad as the other. Yeah, pretty much I let others ruin things for me as well as sabotage things towards myself as well as so, but i have been working on that as mentioned. And yeah, I know, I basically wanted to live in my own bubble and ignore everyone else instead of sharing or even offer help, I suppose you can say, of like "Oh, if you like Maki Ito you should check out such and such match" or whoever. And yeah, that is how I have been seeing with Kidd Bandit as of late. I "found" them first and instead of being hateful about it, I was like "I am glad they are getting a following they deserved" which is a shocker, but thanks for the words.

Thats some really great news deth im really happy to hear all that. Thanks again for the kind words before you left, can happily say my mom finally git out of hospital last week n finally testing neg for covid after a 60 day battle
You are welcome and I am so glad to hear, and I hope she doesn't have to deal with the long-term effects.

• Love
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Gaffney, SC (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
She will remain in my prayers. Glad for the Great news!

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Youre the man Swerve

• Love
Reactions: Swerve

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Sadly had a break-up with the girlfriend on Sunday. Probably not going to be my energetic self for a bit guys.

I'll be okay, it's just I was not expecting it. I'm at least thankful that it ended on good terms and not after a fight or anything like that.

It stings, but I respect that she wants different things. Just gotta focus on myself again.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Sadly had a break-up with the girlfriend on Sunday. Probably not going to be my energetic self for a bit guys.

I'll be okay, it's just I was not expecting it. I'm at least thankful that it ended on good terms and not after a fight or anything like that.

It stings, but I respect that she wants different things. Just gotta focus on myself again.
hug-cute.gif

im really sorry to hear that 4th. hope you are ok and dont be too hard on yourself. im here if you need to chat.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Get better soon Fourth

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Feel better Fourth, keep your head up and stay positive.

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Gaffney, SC (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG

I'm sorry, my friend. I know if anyone can handle it that you can. You have a strong support system as you are one of the nicest people ever!

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Bummer 4th.

We're all here for you dude.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K

Fuckin A'

Since my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 incurable bowel cancer back in September, this lady has been her rock.

Just 40 years old she has been fighting this awful cancer for 5 years now, against all the odds.

My mother has drawn strength from her optimism, her Rebellion, her voice, her energy. It has really kept her going. Seeing another mom, doing everything she can to be able to see how her children's lives unfold.

Today 'bowelbabe' wrote her final column. The goodbye she fought so hard to avoid. She gave so much, and she had to give up, not because she wanted to but because she had to.

It really hit home today that this isn't something we can beat. My mom is going to die, and it's not going to be long before we have to face it head on, we might have a year, we might have a month, but it's going to happen.

I spoke to my mom today and this news has crushed her. I just hope she finds the strength within to keep battling, because I know this will be a huge setback.

I'll never force her to battle this anyway, it's her battle and I want it to be on her terms. I just hope she gives herself the best chance to continue living this life, because I know her story isn't complete yet.

Sorry for all the bad grammar, spelling etc. I just wrote this as it came to my head.

A few final things, "find a life worth enjoying; take risks; love deeply; have no regrets; and always, always have rebellious hope."

-haza

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'm truly sorry for what you and your mother are going through Haza. I have no other words than that.