The WS Mental Health and Empathy Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I really am enjoying this forum a lot more now. I enjoyed it before as well, but my mind obviously wasn't in the best place. Just finding myself more at ease, and I'm glad to not be forcing myself to try to talk about Wrestling. That used to be a big problem for me. It's okay to not care about it, but be able to stay on a forum I actually enjoy. There is other forums out there, but I honestly don't really like any of them. This is the only place where I feel like I'm at 'home' if that makes sense. It's just so easy to post here, and I like all of you guys.

I'm really feeling myself maturing a bit more as well. I'm only 25, but I've definitely been very much still trying to figure out who I am. For the longest time I still felt like I should be in School or College, I felt totally unprepared for life. There's still a lot of things I don't understand and my anxiety still limits me a lot, but I just feel more confident in myself. Way more confident than I did in 2019. It is weird how this Lockdown and Pandemic has improved me as a person, I was really not expecting that. I was worried I'd regress. It has given me time to think at home and it has also made me think about those around me as well.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I don’t have many moments where I almost lose it but today I did. Basically I got into a huge fight with my boss today and I swear I came close to murdering that piece of shit. I’m too old to be fucking talked down to and screamed at like I’m a child. And it was over the way I did something which wasn’t even wrong. It just wasn’t the way he suggested. And of course I have to keep my mouth shut cause he’s the boss and I’m the employee right? I’m not in a position to quit because I don’t have another job lined up but I’m not gonna be fucking treated like this. I’m just so furious right now I can’t even think straight. It just seems like everything is a fucking shitshow nowadays.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Just want to give a bit of motivation/support to anyone who is feeling down on here. Just know you will get through it. These past two months have been hellish for me. I've been at my lowest for a while. I pushed through it, found some new hobbies and stayed productive and slowly but surely I have been feeling so much better.

It's not easy but you can do it. It can sometimes be as simple as changing a routine and finding a new purpose. I have been reading a lot more, which I have been neglecting to do for ages.

I hope you all take care of yourself. I'm always a PM away if you need to chat.

NahFam

Reaction score
Just want to give a bit of motivation/support to anyone who is feeling down on here. Just know you will get through it. These past two months have been hellish for me. I've been at my lowest for a while. I pushed through it, found some new hobbies and stayed productive and slowly but surely I have been feeling so much better.

It's not easy but you can do it. It can sometimes be as simple as changing a routine and finding a new purpose. I have been reading a lot more, which I have been neglecting to do for ages.

Good shit, really glad to hear you're pulling through it. There are a couple of sayings that have really helped me over the years. One is from a book called "The Road Less Travelled" by an author called Scott M. Peck. "Life is difficult, once you appreciate this fact. It ceases to be difficult". Took me a good few years to really get my head around that and appreciate it's true meaning. Another one came from the much maligned Jordan Peterson. I'm not a huge fan of his politics and stuff nowadays, but I watched a few of his lectures on youtube about depression and they were pretty good to be honest. When talking about depression and the need to be happy. Being happy is something that is a privilege. If you are truly happy you are very lucky and should consider yourself privileged. The number of people truly 'happy' in life is probably quite low. What you need is to find meaning first. Enough meaning that justifies any suffering you go through.

Building from the above, looking into existentialism helped me piece together what I actually really wanted to do.

The meaning of life, is what gives your life meaning. Really is that simple to me. If you want something, go for it. If you can't at this point in time, work towards getting to where you need to be. Some simple steps that have moved me from nearly killing myself 6 years ago to being a Masters student on the cusp of a career in something I really want to do, and on the verge of living the life I really want.

It's not easy, it takes hard work but you can do anything you set your mind too.

Last edited:

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score

I’ve always told people in situations like you and others are feeling that getting some new hobbies is always a huge plus imo, keep your mind busy and the good days will become a regular thing. Takes away from focusing on the bad stuff. That’s awesome to hear.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I’ve always told people in situations like you and others are feeling that getting some new hobbies is always a huge plus imo, keep your mind busy and the good days will become a regular thing. Takes away from focusing on the bad stuff. That’s awesome to hear.

The motivating yourself is the hardest part. When you are down on yourself doing every small task feels like climbing Mount Everest. Dropping Wrestling seemed to be a huge thing for my mental health as well, I had no idea how much it was affecting my mood getting angry over a meaningless show.

I've been doing those Adult colouring books too. I ordered a bunch off Amazon. I'm not sure if that is a hobby, but I suck at drawing and colouring doesn't stress me out. When I'm focusing on colouring neatly, my mind just feels clear. Really nice way to wind down for the day.

• Love
Reactions: Lady Redfield

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I wish sometime I could just get out of my own head. I wish that the things from my past wouldn't haunt me I wish that I could be normal and say im ok and live on my days but, truth be told my depression has been pretty high as of late I add that to the fact that I feel like everyone looks at me like im suppose to be the butt of their jokes that it is ok to say shit and it will be ok because its dakota I feel pressure all the time coming from every part of my life and I feel like in the end all I do is disappoint so I go to the point of why try. I kinda been living on auto pilot for the past few years. I get this self loathing and this depression and this anxitey and I dont understand how I can be fine one moment or at least ok to just feeling like shit to then feeling like im good mood swings.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I wish sometime I could just get out of my own head. I wish that the things from my past wouldn't haunt me I wish that I could be normal and say im ok and live on my days but, truth be told my depression has been pretty high as of late I add that to the fact that I feel like everyone looks at me like im suppose to be the butt of their jokes that it is ok to say shit and it will be ok because its dakota I feel pressure all the time coming from every part of my life and I feel like in the end all I do is disappoint so I go to the point of why try. I kinda been living on auto pilot for the past few years. I get this self loathing and this depression and this anxitey and I dont understand how I can be fine one moment or at least ok to just feeling like shit to then feeling like im good mood swings.

Meds work wonders talk to your Dr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sabretooth

Reaction score

When you’ve been through shit in the past the doubt creeps up on you. I know exactly how it feels and it sucks. It’s like no matter what you do you just feel like you’re not good enough. I feel like it’s something I’m gonna have to deal with for the rest of my life and just tell myself that I am good enough no matter what anyone previously told me.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
@Hamilton sorry to hear you’re struggling with stuff, hope you’re feeling a bit better these days. There are certain topics in my life I don’t share here, but, a particular one creeps up on me more often than not, and, I just go through periods of not wanting to put up with anyone’s annoying bullshit remarks and shit. Struggling with it now, but, it passes then comes back again. Just hang in there.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Sometimes, I can't take this anymore.

I haven't felt more empty and hopeless in life after today.

Me and my brother went to do a side job at somebody's house, which they just moved in. It was a nice house with a growing family he and his wife have When I looked at it more and thought about it, it suddenly depressed. I've looked at the place, compared to living in a fucking shithole with my mom, it's a house that I will never live in, even if I ever found a decent house. At the end, I'll still be living in a gloomy place that I live in right now. I fucking hate the idea of it! I'm starting to regret more and more living in a place that I want to burn to the ground, because my mom had the money to move out after she got her settlement back in 2017 and pissed it all away. I wish I have my own place, so I can have family and friends to hang out with me.

With the lack of driving skills, not having a social life, being in a relationship with a boyfriend, a lack of friends I can hang out when I'm away from my laptop and home, I'm always unhappy. I'm at 35 years old, I've missed out so much in life, that it feels impossible to catch up to everyone. I can never get a boyfriend without a vehicle, no matter what. After having a crush on a YouTube user, it came to my senses that I do need a boyfriend in life, and I want to try to take it seriously after my failed relationship 8 years ago. He offered me a chance at friendship and I stupidity turned it down. I regret that, because he could have been a good friend, despite a failed relationship. It's hard to hang out with friends because I haven't communicate to any, thanks to getting rid of social media, something I don't regret. Plus, they got lives with either their wives, or dating in general. I wish I have a best friend that lives near me, so I can have fun, play games, listen to music, even smoke some weed, and do other things we can agree on. It hurts me that the friends I had, something happens and I would never see them again.

All this is why my life hasn't really gone anywhere beyond my personal life. I get extremely depressed that nothing matters to me anymore. I've drank every night consecutively for more than a week until last night, when I didn't want to drink. I just feels like I don't care anymore because I'm afraid nothing will get better. It's hard for someone to teach me how to drive, because people are always so damn busy all the time. I've given up on my mom because she hasn't gotten over losing her precious job 9 years ago. She's been on a downward spiral ever since.

I feel hopeless that things will never get better in my life, regarding everything I try to do. I feel like giving up.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Just know we're here for you Doom. Whenever you need to escape we're here to help you relax and hang out with.

Reactions: Doom

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Just know we're here for you Doom. Whenever you need to escape we're here to help you relax and hang out with.
Thank you so much Grim.

I've been pessimistic about the future because nothing's ever gonna change. It has always ate me up inside for years with everything that has gone on in my life. I've been held back for so long, it has taken its toll. I don't know how long I can take it.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
After what transpired earlier today, I think I should take another breather for a few days. I think it's best to get away because I could have ripped Blaze's head off, going off at him and everyone else, because my personal issues come to light. I don't want to hurt anyone, but I'm nearing the point where I don't give a fuck anymore if things don't get better.