The working out/fitness thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Today is one of my rest/cheat days. So I've been chilling and letting the body rest. Back on it tomorrow though.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Today is one of my rest/cheat days. So I've been chilling and letting the body rest. Back on it tomorrow though.

I had one scheduled for today and got high and ended up forgetting it was a rest day and worked out anway.. hmm I should derfinitely use tomorrow for that purpose though.. been going 13 days straight since I first started and my body is a little sore and still getting used to no red meat & barely any caffeine.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I had one scheduled for today and got high and ended up forgetting it was a rest day and worked out anway.. hmm I should derfinitely use tomorrow for that purpose though.. been going 13 days straight since I first started and my body is a little sore and still getting used to no red meat & barely any caffeine.
Working out while high ain't good for you man.

And yeah, set rest days. I work out 5 days a week and rest 2.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

Hmm I haven't had any problems, I don't smoke it though I'm on a strictly capsule/tincture regimen for this purpose to ween myself away from it in general while I get in shape.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Hmm I haven't had any problems, I don't smoke it though I'm on a strictly capsule/tincture regimen for this purpose to ween myself away from it in general while I get in shape.
it works the same way as with alcohol. The toxins/ingredients stay in your blood stream and they have a set time that it takes for the body to process and burn them, and while you have it in your body you won't get the same results as when working out without them.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
it works the same way as with alcohol. The toxins/ingredients stay in your blood stream and they have a set time that it takes for the body to process and burn them, and while you have it in your body you won't get the same results as when working out without them.

I think it really depends on how the THC itself affects you; like for me it's reverse effects.. My appetite lessens, I don't get dry mouth and my heart rate doesn't elevate one bit as opposed to the suggested %20-100 increase it allegedly has. I don't smoke it either so my lungs work at full function.. perhaps I should go to the doctor and take two tests; one normally and one high on my capsules and see what the results are but as for today's results I feel better than I have in the past couple days and I felt like I was able to control my breathing more during the actual excercise itself.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I think it really depends on how the THC itself affects you; like for me it's reverse effects.. My appetite lessens, I don't get dry mouth and my heart rate doesn't elevate one bit as opposed to the suggested %20-100 increase it allegedly has. I don't smoke it either so my lungs work at full function.. perhaps I should go to the doctor and take two tests; one normally and one high on my capsules and see what the results are but as for today's results I feel better than I have in the past couple days and I felt like I was able to control my breathing more during the actual excercise itself.
It's not so much how you feel. Rather that you have it floating in your system.

A rule of thumb is to never work out affected by anything, be it alcohol, painkillers or drugs. Results will be less than when working out "clean". You will get more relaxed by it. But I cannot recommend it.

I guess it comes down to opinion though. I am strict anti drugs so.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It's not so much how you feel. Rather that you have it floating in your system.

A rule of thumb is to never work out affected by anything, be it alcohol, painkillers or drugs. Results will be less than when working out "clean". You will get more relaxed by it. But I cannot recommend it.

I guess it comes down to opinion though. I am strict anti drugs so.

I would be too but I have heightened anxiety issues as well as claustrophobia and rather than taking bigger gateway drugs such as xanax or rather any benzo I was reccomended by my shrink indirectly to try going an illegal route if possible (not in those exact words but he manipulated it enough to help me understand what he was saying). I did some reading up on though what you were saying and there is truth to it but they also do say it really depends on the body's reaction to it; "While it won't completely negate the results of the workout in most cases it can hinder it slightly; not as much as alcohol or painkillers but still can hinder it" so I guess as long as I don't do it often I should be in alright shape. It also went on to say smoking is primarily the way to hinder the results, effects of edibles on the results depend on the variety of the actual edible for the most part.

Stopspot

Reaction score
yeah smoking is indeed when it hinders results the most.

Crankdeer

The Showoff
Reaction score
Currently about to begin the dreadful bulking season. Right now I am trying to plan foods around my macros and caloric intake but enough to gain mass.

Solid Snake

I would be too but I have heightened anxiety issues as well as claustrophobia and rather than taking bigger gateway drugs such as xanax or rather any benzo I was reccomended by my shrink indirectly to try going an illegal route if possible (not in those exact words but he manipulated it enough to help me understand what he was saying). I did some reading up on though what you were saying and there is truth to it but they also do say it really depends on the body's reaction to it; "While it won't completely negate the results of the workout in most cases it can hinder it slightly; not as much as alcohol or painkillers but still can hinder it" so I guess as long as I don't do it often I should be in alright shape. It also went on to say smoking is primarily the way to hinder the results, effects of edibles on the results depend on the variety of the actual edible for the most part.

I've had people tell me to smoke weed for my anxiety too... I tried it years ago and it makes it worse. I stick to maca root.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score

I never had an issue. Take a few hits, walk to the gym, headphones on (my motivation) and just hit it. That was in college though. Lost plenty of weight. One of my old roommates was really surprised because my diet consisted mostly of frozen burritos with tabasco sauce haha. I'm older with kids now though, not so much working out anymore, but I need to get back into it somewhat eventually.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I've had people tell me to smoke weed for my anxiety too... I tried it years ago and it makes it worse. I stick to maca root.
When I smoke it I feel like it helps just not as much as these capsules and tincture (liquid concentrate in an eye dropper that I drop on food) whether that be because my lungs are able to work at full function or what have you.
I've tried maca root before but I was a lot younger so I can't really remember the effects, I know it worked kinda but I think it didn't last too long was the thing. Perhaps I'll give it another go!

Solid Snake

When I smoke it I feel like it helps just not as much as these capsules and tincture (liquid concentrate in an eye dropper that I drop on food) whether that be because my lungs are able to work at full function or what have you.
I've tried maca root before but I was a lot younger so I can't really remember the effects, I know it worked kinda but I think it didn't last too long was the thing. Perhaps I'll give it another go!

I use the brand NOW and it is high potency. The trick is to not take them longer than 3 weeks in a row. I got to the point where I only take them when I leave the house cause I have anxiety while in cars. It has helped quite a bit. I don't have nearly as bad attacks. I still get them on the freeway though which sucks. I was in a car accident when I was 20 so since then, I'm a little uneasy in cars.

From what I learned, anxiety/panic attacks are mainly caused from too little vitamin B's... which Maca is loaded with. Also, hormonal unbalances. It is just spiked adrenaline. Instead of getting the adrenaline rush when real danger is present, your body is just producing it when it wants. The adrenals are over stimulated. The body is a strange thing... the mind is a whole other story. haha