The working out/fitness thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
And just for those interested. Here's how my work out plan tends to look.

I work an odd hour job so I cannot go with the "monday is leg day" style. Instead I work a "five days working out, 2 days rest" system.

Day 1: biceps, chest, delts.
Day 2: triceps, back, neck, shoulders
Day 3: stomach, legs, biceps
Day 4: Cardio (long distance running)
Day 5: Cardio (long distance running)

I also start off every gym session with a short cardio run/powerwalk on the treadmill to get the blood pumping. Each gym session is for about 45-50 minutes. Runs are 5 kilometers right now but as I build cardio I'll go longer and longer.

As for diet: I tend to go by the moderation is key philosophy. I don't really cut anything out but I eat controlled servings (a reason I gained weight was I could eat in droves) and if you burn more calories than you inhale you'll see results. I also limit the amount of days I drink soda and eat sweets to the weekend.

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Not all men have wide shoulders or hips. It is impossible for all men to be that build.
tough shit for those who are not
The big weights? Could you be any less specific, it's like you've made this up and you're just trying to bluff your way through this thread and or this forum, trying to be someone you aren't.
i do go on the running machine for 30 mins

what more you want to know

Stopspot

Reaction score
I would but alas, I see people who go to the gym and there's me, eating a whole tub of ben and jerries fudge brownie ice cream. Though if I got a gym membership, I'd probably go every day or most days anyways.
Motivation was a big factor for me as well. When I started it was just running for me. And I did that because I was bored and tired of being fat. Then I got a gym membership once I got a job.

A big trip is get a gym partner. A friend to go with that can push you and you him/her. I use my younger brother who is thinking of becoming a personal trainer. We live in separate cities but he texts me or sends a facebook message asking what I've done and I do the same to him. Same with one of my colleagues in another part of the country.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
i do go on the running machine for 30 mins

what more you want to know

Well the point of this thread was to share workout routines pretty much. Say what your goals are and just generally give advice and say why you do things.

Example "I drink a blend of fruits because it gives me extra <Insert useful thing here>"

Not go into the thread and go.

Example "I get all the birds, because i'm 6ft4 and 17 stone, the bouncers see me and don't mess with me because i go to the gym three times a week. i don't get abs because they're fruity"

Still don't get that, unless you're saying gay people have abs. Which is lol worthy.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Motivation was a big factor for me as well. When I started it was just running for me. And I did that because I was bored and tired of being fat. Then I got a gym membership once I got a job.

A big trip is get a gym partner. A friend to go with that can push you and you him/her. I use my younger brother who is thinking of becoming a personal trainer. We live in separate cities but he texts me or sends a facebook message asking what I've done and I do the same to him. Same with one of my colleagues in another part of the country.

Yeah, I don't have a full time job yet, so I don't really have that motivation, but it's one of those things where. If I go, I go hard or don't go at all. Though I'm quite skinny, I'd have to get some fat on me, to turn into bulk.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Because I wanted to discuss my interest of working out and fitness with other people of course.
Well at least it's made by you, and it's being somewhat relevant. So good.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Haven't worked out in about 2 year whilst eating at least 1 weekly dominos and I'm the same weight as I was then, though I have grew/gained muscle and lost fat to what I was.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Haven't worked out in about 2 year whilst eating at least 1 weekly dominos and I'm the same weight as I was then, though I have grew/gained muscle and lost fat to what I was.
Hows your metabolism? I have a friend who is like that. He eats just junk but is super thin.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Hows your metabolism? I have a friend who is like that. He eats just junk but is super thin.

No idea tbh. I mean I need to lose like 2/3st cause I'm not exactly 'fit' or super thin, I don't really think about what I eat, I just eat it and deal with the consequences later :dawg:

Stopspot

Reaction score
No idea tbh. I mean I need to lose like 2/3st cause I'm not exactly 'fit' or super thin, I don't really think about what I eat, I just eat it and deal with the consequences later :dawg:
At your age you tend to have super metabolism that can burn off anything. But that tends to change with age.

I have a tendency to put on weight if I don't keep in check as I found out in uni.

Stopspot

Reaction score