The Wolverine

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
[video=youtube;WEbzZP-_Ssc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEbzZP-_Ssc[/video]

International trailer went up yesterday, not bad at all.

Lady Deathstrike, Silver Samurai, & Jean Grey are all confirmed, I am not sure who the chick is that peels her face off, but it could be Husk.

Also, I hope they take this time to introduce Shiro(Sunfire), as he is one of the mutants in Days of Future Past. The beginning of the trailer actually reminded me of the re-introduction of Shiro that was just done in Uncanny Avengers #5 this week.

What are your thoughts?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The last Wolverine movie was arguably the best of the X-Men movies and he's always been unquestionably my favorite X-Men character, so you bet your ass I'll be seeing this. I don't even care who he has to run through in this movie, if it's Weapon X, I'm on board.

Reaction score
The last Wolverine movie killed Deadpool and made him look nothing like he should be, so I automatically hate it, even though it did have Gambit. I mean this doesn't look too bad, I might go watch it but I doubt it'll be anything great.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The last Wolverine movie was arguably the best of the X-Men movies and he's always been unquestionably my favorite X-Men character, so you bet your ass I'll be seeing this. I don't even care who he has to run through in this movie, if it's Weapon X, I'm on board.

I seriously hope your joking about it being the best. All the graphics were shit any character other than Wolverine or perhaps Striker were used horribly. You could tell every time they were on a set. I actually just watched this film last night I was so disgusted that I stated a student film starring Hugh Jackman would be 1000 Times better.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I have very few good thins to say about Origins, but I did like the guy who played Sabretooth better than the guy from X-Men 1, and the opening scene with Deadpool was alright. But they took away the "merc with a mouth"'s mouth, and Gambit didn't have any interactions with women!

This does look miles above Origins though, and I know I will see this movie eventually.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I seriously hope your joking about it being the best. All the graphics were shit any character other than Wolverine or perhaps Striker were used horribly. You could tell every time they were on a set. I actually just watched this film last night I was so disgusted that I stated a student film starring Hugh Jackman would be 1000 Times better.

Well that's a fairly large exaggeration. The only issue I had with the movie, which wasn't even much of an issue, was how radically it deviated from the comic book story. But that part of his life was so mysterious for the longest time in the comic world that it was very cool to me seeing it happen in a movie.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Not much of an exaggeration I saw a work print of it and the graphics aren't much better at all. It's a very graphical movie and it looked horrible. I really hope the new one is better because the first one was very bad. I mean it's so bad the people writing the deadpool movie are making fun of it in their movie.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Not much of an exaggeration I saw a work print of it and the graphics aren't much better at all. It's a very graphical movie and it looked horrible. I really hope the new one is better because the first one was very bad. I mean it's so bad the people writing the deadpool movie are making fun of it in their movie.

Ah, the beauty of breaking the 4th wall.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Looks good, but like anything, a trailer can be spruced up to mask a shitty end product.

Just ask all the suckers who got duped out of $9.00 to watch GI JOE: Retaliation or Olympus Has Fallen, ha ha ha.

Storyline wise, this isn't following the X Men movies is it? Lady Deathstrike was created at Alkali Lake along with Wolverine, right?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
In X-2 I believe it was Alkali Lake since they never mentioned any of the other Weapon Facilities. In the comics she is some hybrid mechanical cyborg type thing called a Reaver, or atleast is in the only comics I own with her in them.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
This is after the original Xmen Trilogy. I believe Femke Janssen even has an appearance.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This opens this week, I hope to see it sometime soon. Recently just rewatched all the X-Men movies (enjoyed Origins a lot more the second time around), so I'm looking forward to this .

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Haven't seen any of the X-Men movies before but caught this trailer the other day and it looks promising. Will I need to know much backstory to be able to enjoy the movie? I am a Hugh Jackman fan so that and the decent trailer might be enough to get me to see it.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Haven't seen any of the X-Men movies before but caught this trailer the other day and it looks promising. Will I need to know much backstory to be able to enjoy the movie? I am a Hugh Jackman fan so that and the decent trailer might be enough to get me to see it.

The big thing about Wolverine is that the less you know of his backstory, the cooler he is. The first 3 X-Men movies, and First Class will have very little to do with this movie asides from Famke Jansen who plays Jean Grey, all you really need to know is she died in X-3, and is being resurrected. Chances are that Wolverine: Origins will simply be ignored like it was for First Class(Emma Frost was one of the children saved at the end of that movie, but instead was introduced as a villain in First Class).

Also the stories of Wolverine in Japan are always my favorites, and this one has him depowered. So regardless of your personal feelings towards superhero movies, this might actually be one that you may enjoy.

Reactions: 1 person