The Wing Kong Exchange (feat. Inferno)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I think it looks pretty intense let me know when you go to watch it so I can watch it too. We can do a double review of the flick.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Re: The Wing Kong Exchange

I think it looks pretty intense let me know when you go to watch it so I can watch it too. We can do a double review of the flick.

Sounds good, can't be sure when I'll get to it but you'll be the first to know.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Glory

l_97441_83176234.jpg

Chronicling the story of Robert Gould Shaw, leader of the 54th Massachusetts regiment during the Civil War, one of the first to allow coloured troops to join. While dealing with training these new recruits, Shaw is also forced to deal with the prejudices of both the enemy (who had orders to kill commanding officers of blacks), and of his own fellow officers.

G1.jpg

Glory, released in 1989, is the quintessential example of a historical film done properly. Taking its story from a true one and choosing not to sensationalize the majority of it, the film manages to entertain and educate its audience at the same time. It also allows us to witness the horrors of war and perhaps even worse, those of ignorance. While some may have thought that the Civil War was simply a struggle for power between the North and the South, it is clear that there were internal struggles within both of these groups as well. Along with that, Glory shows us that the indomitable power of the human spirit knows no colour and that everyone, regardless of who they are, can make a difference when it matters most. As far as war films go, its near the top of the list, but Glory is so much more than just a war film. It's a poignant reflection on civil rights and the reasons why they're worth fighting for.

G6.jpg

"Die you rebel scum...wait, wrong movie."

Directed by Edward Zwick (who had previously done About Last Night...) and written by Kevin Jarre (who would go on to write another excellent historical film, Tombstone) based on books by Lincoln Kirstein (Lay This Laurel) and Peter Burchard (One Gallant Rush) as well as the letters of Robert Gould Shaw himself, the film is an exquisite masterpiece. While Zwick was a relatively unproven director, he really manages to take this film to lofty heights. His pacing is superb, never allowing for a dull moment, and he keeps things moving forward nicely as well. He also has a certain knack for shooting intense battle sequences, as seen several times in the film. The Jarre screenplay is nothing short of brilliant and manages to cohesively tie the true events together properly. Having read one of the two books on which this film was based (One Gallant Rush) I can see where he took a certain level of artistic licence, but the real story is not pushed aside for even a moment. As well as creating a great atmosphere through, Jarre also imbues the screenplay with wonderfully diverse characters that all have parts to play in the grand scheme of things.

G3.jpg

"I ain't Ferris Bueller, but the dude behind me IS Robin Hood."

The film stars Matthew Broderick as Robert Gould Shaw, and though he has often been typecast as his Ferris Bueller persona, he manages to make you forget that character instantly. Broderick is definitely an underrated actor and this film proves that beyond a shadow of a doubt. His portrayal of Shaw as a man in slightly over his head is excellent, and he manages to get that feeling across numerous times during the film. He is joined by such luminaries as Morgan Freeman, Andre Braugher, Cary Elwes and Cliff De Young, who all play memorable parts. Braugher in particular is excellent as a freed and educated man who joins the regiment only to discover that the army life may not be for him. However, the true star of this film is none other than Denzel Washington. In a role that earned him a well deserved Oscar for Best Supporting Actor, Washington excels in his portrayal of Tripp. From a great scene where he convinces the rest of the troops to tear up their pay as it is inadequate to the incredibly powerful moment where he is being repeatedly whipped yet refuses to shed tears until the last possible moment, Washington is nothing short of a revelation in this film. If there were any doubts as to his acting ability, they were certainly laid to rest after its release. Above anyone else in this gifted cast, Washington makes Glory his film, and does so in style.

G2.jpg

"Before I was a badass I used to cry a lot."

From a technical standpoint there is literally nothing to complain about here. The cinematography by Freddie Francis is wonderful and really enhances the overall tone of the film. Francis has long been a favourite of mine and this film, along with The Elephant Man and The Straight Story, is among his best shot. Not to be outdone by the brilliant camerawork and acting, composer James Horner turns in one of his best overall efforts here. The score is stunning and among the best I've ever heard in any film. It's often been said that the music makes the film better, and Glory is a shining example. There's just something undeniably powerful about all of it that really sinks in while watching the film and enhances your experience. Even the sound mixers were on top of their game for this one, winning an Academy Award in the process. I'd go as far as saying that of all the Civil War films I've ever seen (and I've seen a few), Glory is the most well-made of them all. It's always a treat when the entire creative team comes together to create magic, and Glory is a great example of that.

G4.jpg

"We wouldn't even be here if they hadn't stolen that sandwich."

While its strong enough to recommend on its technical merits alone, Glory offers the viewer a truly in depth story and does so with purpose. I've often felt the Civil War made for interesting and compelling material but even I was blown away by just how fascinating this entire film is. The story of the troops facing adversity from both sides is interesting enough, but once you add in the interpersonal relationships between the officers and the men things become truly inspiring. As I mentioned earlier, Washington's scene where he's being whipped is among the best in the film, but not just for him. Broderick's slowly developing expression of pain echoes Washington's, and in doing so it shows a duality between the two that is quite noticeable from then on. The battle scenes are wonderfully rendered, particularly the final sequence at Fort Wagner, which is simply epic in scope. The final moments of the film are also touching and while I don't want to give them away I will say that they once again drive home the point that all men are indeed equal, both in life and in death. As an educational piece, Glory is simply a must see film. The fact that it so easily entertains its audience at the same time is just a really nice bonus.

G7.jpg

"AMERICA...F*CK YEAH!!!"

Glory was shot on a budget of $18 million and earned over $26 million at the box office. It also met with widespread critical acclaim and ranked on many critics top 10 lists for the year. It's easy to see why as it truly is an impeccable film and a wonderful reminder that historically accurate films can indeed be as entertaining as your standard Hollywood blockbuster. If you're into war films, dramas or just plain old fashioned storytelling, you can look no further than Glory to satisfy all your needs. Plus you'll get to learn a little something as well, which is always a winning prospect. 9/10.

G5.jpg

"This ain't Call of Duty."

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Glory is a fuckin masterpiece and u nailed it...Denzel and Freeman are bothing amazing but Broderick and Elwes hold there own..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Glory is a fuckin masterpiece and u nailed it...Denzel and Freeman are bothing amazing but Broderick and Elwes hold there own..

Thank you sir, it is definitely a masterpiece. I can watch it anytime and never get tired of it.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I completely forgot about this and how great it is

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Jaws

l_73195_04c15a8a.jpg

After the badly mutilated body of a teenage girl washes ashore on the beaches of Amity Island, the police chief, Martin Brody, thinks it may have been the work of a shark. After being convinced otherwise by the mayor, he decides to keep the beaches open only to have the shark attack again. What's worse, its not just any shark, but a 25 foot Great White with a taste for human blood. With the entire town panicking, Brody, a young oceanographer named Matt Hooper, and grizzled fisherman Quint head out to sea in the hopes of finding and killing this beast.

Jaws1.jpg

Jaws, released in 1975, has come to be known as the first true summer blockbuster and one of the defining films of the decade. Deftly mixing humour, suspense, action, horror and drama, the film is a true original and one that continues to dazzle audiences some 37 years later. Thinking about it bluntly, can you honestly imagine a film about a shark having that kind of staying power? Clearly nobody did at the time, but the simple fact remains that Jaws didn't just take a bite out of its contemporaries, it literally swallowed them whole. In a time of gritty and edgy action films and sweeping mafia epics, it stands out amongst the crowd as a shining example of how making something unique can sometimes lead to great things. It certainly paid off for its director, a young maverick just starting to make his name in Hollywood, as well as its producers, who saw profits like they'd never seen before. Considering there were a plethora of problems during the filming, its a minor miracle that the film ever saw the light of day, but thankfully it did. Though there have been countless shark movies since, including several sequels to this one, none could ever hope to come close to matching the raw power and unflinching force of Jaws.

Jaws2.jpg

"I knew I should have just taken a shower."

Directed by Steven Spielberg and written by Carl Gottlieb and Peter Benchley, the film is actually a very streamlined version of Benchley's original novel. Removing some of the more complex plot details such as the mafia's influence over the mayor and the affair between Brody's wife Ellen and Matt Hooper, the film still manages to pack a lot in to its runtime. Gottlieb and Benchley really manage to capture the essence of the story well and also create believable dialogue for all their characters. There was also some additional dialogue written by director John Milius, Howard Sackler and actor Robert Shaw for one particular scene, but we'll be looking at that in a moment. Suffice to say, the additional dialogue alone could have been nearly enough to garner this film an Oscar nomination for best adapted screenplay; its really that good. Speaking of good, Spielberg may not have had a lot of films under his credit (though among them was the excellent Duel) but its extremely easy to see the talent this man had even at a young age. His sense of pacing is brilliant and in fact I can easily go on record as saying this is one of the most naturally flowing films I've ever seen. Nothing seems disjointed or out of place and every single moment counts. That's a lot to ask for such a young director, especially considering the subject matter of the film itself, but Spielberg shows a remarkable restraint that would become even more prevalent in his later works. He even chose to shoot a significant portion of the film from water level, so as to create the illusion of the audience treading water, something that works to great effect. Finally, he was already showing signs of his penchant for being an "actor's director" as here he manages to elicit great performances from the entire cast bar none.

Jaws7.jpg

"Wait, what do you mean we fucked in the book?"

Roy Scheider leads this incredibly strong cast in the role of Martin Brody, the Chief of Police of the small island town who just happens to be afraid of the water. Obviously this allows for some great moments of hesitation on his part but his other characteristics are great as well. Clearly Brody is a pawn of the bureaucrats in Amity, as evidenced by his somewhat rocky relationship with Mayor Vaughn (a great Murray Hamilton) and Scheider really gets this conflict across properly. At the same time, he's also experiencing some home issues with his wife, played well by Lorraine Gary, and their interactions are at times unsettling even though one can easily glean that they care deeply for each other. Richard Dreyfuss is cast as Matt Hooper, the idealistic oceanographer with a quick wit and I honestly can't imagine anyone else in the role. He really took the character and made it his own with impressive results. Finally, the great Robert Shaw is cast as Quint, the fisherman who has his own personal issues with sharks, and to say he steals the entire picture is a total understatement. Shaw was an exceptional actor and Quint is perhaps his greatest contribution to the film world. His expressions alone are worth watching the film for, but once you add in his chilling monologue about the USS Indianapolis incident it becomes clear that this man was totally robbed in not being nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the Academy Awards. To me, there exists no finer moment in the film than that particular scene and its one that never fails to capture my attention immediately. The credit can be partially given to the above writers (including Shaw himself) for coming up with it, but the delivery is what makes it so real, once again a testament to Shaw's abilities as an actor.

Jaws3.jpg

"Would you seriously mess with this much man?"

One of the most recognizable elements of Jaws is its incredible soundtrack, rendered by the undisputed master of film scores, John Williams. The main theme is one of the most well known to this day and earned Williams a much deserved Academy Award. You would be hard pressed to find someone who couldn't hum the opening bars to you, it really is that engrained in popular culture. The fact that Spielberg thought Williams was joking when he first played it for him is a funny little Hollywood story and I can only imagine his shock when he saw how well it fit. Along with Williams excellent work comes another Oscar winning effort from Editor Verna Fields, who here manages to cohesively piece together this story and really give it some continuity throughout. Bill Butler's cinematography is also superb and he really comes up with some marvellous shots that greatly enhance the whole experience. That he managed to do this with the obvious limitations of the day is that much more impressive, though to be fair its clear that every single person working on this film was devoted to making it as great as it could possibly be. From a technical standpoint, there are literally no flaws in this film and that is one of the reasons it still continues to amaze audiences to this day.

Jaws5.jpg

"Hey Roy, can I have a puff of that smoke?"

Technical merits aside, the strongest aspect of this film is suspense, and above all else this is seen in the decided lack of shark footage until it is absolutely necessary. This is partially due to the mechanical shark not working properly but it can also be credited to Spielberg's understanding that the unseen is quite a bit more frightening than the seen. If you'd seen the shark from the beginning it would hardly have had the same effect later on, which it obviously does. I can imagine people literally jumping out of their seats when first viewing this back in 1975 because when the shark first rears its massive head out of the water (as seen above) it is truly a spectacle. Again, this effect works because we have seen nothing more than quick shots of it to this point, allowing our imaginations to run wild with the prospect of what it actually looks like. By the time we finally do see it, we've been whipped up into a frenzy and are given a suitable release. Outside of that there are just a myriad of amazing moments here, from the tense shark cage sequence with Hooper to the thrilling final showdown between Brody and the shark itself. I've probably seen that scene more than 100 times and it never fails to get my heart pumping, a remarkable feat to be sure. All in all, there aren't very many perfect films but Jaws is certainly one of them. It's ability to transcend above its clearly mundane plot is reason enough to consider it the very pinnacle of filmmaking, but once you add in the great characters, realistic dialogue and absolutely stunning soundtrack, it truly does become the stuff of legend.

Jaws6.jpg

"Now that's what I call a hat rack!"

Jaws was shot on a budget of $8 million and ended up grossing over $430 million worldwide at the box office. That is a staggering return for a film that admittedly doesn't sound all that great on paper. Obviously its easy to simply state that Spielberg has always had the magic touch but the truth of the matter is that this film was a pure team effort from everyone involved and that is why it performed so well. Not only did it make a ton of money and basically create the template for all summer blockbuster's that followed, it did so in style and with critical acclaim. There really has never been another summer film like it nor do I think there ever will be again. Like the Great White itself, Jaws remains an elusive and majestic entity, completely removed from every other film that came before it or after. In case you couldn't tell, that's enough for it to receive the vaunted 10/10 from yours truly and as always, if you haven't seen it please do yourself a favour and do so immediately.

Jaws4.jpg

"Holy shit, we did need a bigger boat!"

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Jaws is the shit. It not only makes you terrafied to go into the water it also is a great story and tells some history of the crew who survived a shark attack. I love the scene where they all get drunk and get attacked by jaws himself

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

Awesome review Fuji. You hit the nail on the head with everything you said. And it is a score of 10/10 that I cannot argue with and I doubt anyone would. Now I want to go watch it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Thanks guys, glad you liked it and get ready for the sequel, coming up momentarily.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Jaws 2

l_118796_0077766_ac36675c.jpg

It's been a few years since the island town of Amity was terrorized by a vicious Great White shark. The citizens are trying to piece their shattered businesses back together and a new housing development promises to bring prosperity back to the community. Unfortunately another shark has set Amity in its sights and soon begins to attack swimmers, water skiers and even scuba divers. Police Chief Martin Brody once again takes it upon himself to stop this creature even while facing adversity from the mayor and the real estate developer.

Jaws21.jpg

The rule of thumb is that if the first film makes a bunch of money then you have to make a second one, if only to see if it will prove as profitable. Thus the sequel was born, and though Jaws 2 is by no means the first of these it is a good example of everything that is right and wrong with them. While it sticks to the positive aspects of the original film as well as the cardinal sequel rule which states there must be more of everything, it also suffers from a decided lack of inspiration. Where the first film was the culmination of a labour of love between the entire cast and crew, this one feels more like hard labour at times. That's not to say it doesn't have its own set of redeeming qualities, because it certainly does. It does a good job continuing the saga of the Brody family and also provides the viewer with some of the more unintentionally funny moments in the entire Jaws series. It couldn't have possibly hoped to compete with its predecessor, which is why its alarming that they even tried, but the end result is still something worth casting a line into the sea for.

Jaws23.jpg

"Well one things for sure, he ain't a fan of Free Willy."

Directed by Jeannot Swarzc (don't bother trying to pronounce it, you'll just break your tongue trying) and written by Carl Gottlieb and Howard Sackler (if you'll remember from yesterday they also worked on the original), the film is more or less a near replica of the original without the benefit of great actors like Richard Dreyfuss and Robert Shaw. That's not always a bad thing mind you, as following the formula was clearly paramount to this films box office success. The only major issue I had is how "familiar" the entire film felt. In the first one the mayor doesn't want to close the beaches, in this one the mayor doesn't want to close the beaches. I realize its hard to be original with a film about a shark eating people but would it have killed them to try? Swarzc's direction is actually pretty good considering he came from the television world, though its clear he's no Spielberg. There's moments where it appears he wants to let the film drift off into its own little world but he manages to rein it back in before it becomes noticeable. It's not a surprise that his best work, "Somewhere in Time", was a meandering tale, as it definitely appears to be his style. Still, he manages to keep everything moving along nicely and gives his cast a lot of opportunities to shine. While the actors here aren't nearly as good as the originals, for the most part they do a great job and one goes so over the top that she becomes legendary.

Jaws22.jpg

"That's what you get for trying to fuck my wife Hooper!"

Roy Scheider returns to the role of Martin Brody, though this time he is a little tougher than he was in the last film. Even when nobody believes him about the shark (yet again) he sticks to his guns and doesn't let the mayor push him around. There's a great scene where he goes nuts and shoots up a school of bluefish while freaking out everyone on the beach that really drives home the trauma he suffered in the first film. Lorraine Gary returns as his wife, though she doesn't get nearly as much to do here, while Murray Hamilton also reprises his role as the douchebag Mayor Vaughn who just can't seem to listen to reason. He is joined in douchery by Joseph Mascolo as the real estate developer and between the two they really do make a sleazy pair. Along with these actors there are a bunch of teen's, most notably Keith Gordon (who would go on to play the lead role in "Christine"). Most of the teen characters are pretty cookie cutter but they all do a decent job regardless. However even with all the strong acting talent on display I think its safe to say that none of them could ever possibly hope to come close to the epic performance of one Donna Wilkes as Brooke. Never before have I seen such raw and powerful emotion make me sit back and laugh as much as hers does and I commend the actress for giving it her all here in the pursuit of creating top notch entertainment. I present to you, in all her screaming glory, Donna
Wilkes!!

[video=youtube;s_MMTqI6Yxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_MMTqI6Yxo[/video]​

If that's not the most over the top screaming I've ever heard then I really don't know what is and I'm shocked that Ms. Wilkes didn't end up headlining many 80's slashers because she really could have with those pipes. Her screaming notwithstanding, the scene in question towards the end where the teens are menaced by the shark while on nothing more than flimsy catamaran boats is quite well done and pretty scary. There's also a really great moment earlier in the film where Brody fishes some driftwood out of the water only to have a charred body pop up at him and the expression on his face is simply priceless. That body actually came from one of my all time favourite scenes in any Jaws film, that being the moment where a woman pours gasoline on herself before subsequently firing a flare gun into her boat, literally blowing herself up. Yes, there's nothing quite like watching the panicked and clearly insane woman struggle to lift the gas can over her head only to have it pour out all over her face. The explosion is just the icing on that particular cake. Amazingly enough, that scene would actually be topped later on in the film. Now I know what you're saying. You're saying "but Fuji, how could a woman setting herself on fire possibly be topped?" To that I laugh and say "during the climax the shark kills a helicopter." Yes that's right folks, it KILLS A HELICOPTER and if you don't believe me watch below...

[video=youtube;rfaBTM2OnTw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfaBTM2OnTw[/video]​

Helicopters everywhere should be shaking their propellers in fear after that particularly nasty scene. There's just something so bizarre about the whole affair that I feel it ranks up there with the greatest scenes in motion picture history and no, I am not being sarcastic. The unintentional hilarity aside, there are some other great moments including a very tense scene between two characters being attacked by the shark at sea, the opening sequence featuring the wreckage of Quint's boat Orca and the finale, which almost tops the original simply for how big Brody's balls are. I mean in the first film all he had to do was blow up the shark before it could get to him. This time he actually dares the beast to come right for him before feeding it a massive power cable for breakfast. Talk about a positively shocking experience, but hey, it all works out in the long run unless you're the poor girl the shark killed a few moments before...or the helicopter. Never forget the helicopter. So all in all its a decent sequel that does its job properly even though its basically the same film as the original with different people. The bottom line here is if you liked the first or you like to see helicopters eaten by sharks then you're definitely going to want to watch this over and over again.

Jaws24.jpg

"Helicopter's down, next I'm going to eat me an Airbus A380"

Jaws 2 was shot on a budget of $20 million and earned more than $200 million at the box office. Though those numbers weren't as good as the original it was still a significant gain and of course led to another sequel. Since we've actually covered that mess and the debacle that followed it month's ago, there's no more need to talk about them. Suffice to say, while it certainly didn't hold up to the original there is still more good than bad in Jaws 2 and its definitely worth checking out. Plus, as I've said already, how often do you really get a chance to see a shark kill a helicopter? 7/10.

Jaws25.jpg

"Once again I think a bigger boat would have been a good call."

Reactions: 1 person

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

Probably one of my favorite sequels. I do like the familiarity to it. I think anything different would have been bad for the movie and it would not have done nearly as well. See my point when you do 3 and 4. :lol:

I forgot all about Donna Wilkes as well. That was to funny to watch again. I forgot how over the top she was. And the helicopter scene totally inspired the shark in Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus to take the plane out of the sky.

Excellent review sir. I probably would have bumped it up to 7.5 just for the helicopter scene. :lol:

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

two very good reviews as always sir...fuck sharks

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Probably one of my favorite sequels. I do like the familiarity to it. I think anything different would have been bad for the movie and it would not have done nearly as well. See my point when you do 3 and 4. :lol:

I forgot all about Donna Wilkes as well. That was to funny to watch again. I forgot how over the top she was. And the helicopter scene totally inspired the shark in Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus to take the plane out of the sky.

Excellent review sir. I probably would have bumped it up to 7.5 just for the helicopter scene. :lol:

Thanks buddy and I've already done 3 and 4, so yes, I see your point. The thing with 3 is that it could have worked given the Sea World locale but they butchered it by running the mother shark angle instead of having it just be one shark. To be fair, the formula for the first two (one man tries to stop beaches from being open but is cut off by bureaucracy) is kind of the same in part 3 save for the fact that its Sea World instead of a beach and the bureaucrat is the owner (Louis Gossett Jr.) as opposed to the Mayor.

4 is just plain idiotic though. :lol:

Professor Booty said:
two very good reviews as always sir...fuck sharks

Yes, fuck sharks, and thanks sir, much appreciated.

Castiel

Reaction score

Really cool Glory review, never seen it but like so many other movies you review it's now on my list for sure! Jaws is just awesome, great stuff on them. Didn't you review one of the Jaws movies before?