The Wednesday Night War

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Shit, you're right, I must be. I forgot that Cody "reads all the feedback" and now this match actually might happen.

But no, I legit think David Flair was better than Cody is now. At least David was never really made out to be anything more than he really was. Cody should still be where David Flair was as far as card placement goes, and is yet consistently one of the most important parts of AEW
That does happen then I would laugh way too hard, and he would only read it if it was on twitter or done by Dave.

Eh, I found both them annoying, but I get what you are saying.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
I watched online so my view didn't get tallied, so I guess in reality NXT won :p

Cody shouldn't have a right to any of them in the first place. WWE bought WCW and their stuff. They own the WCW tape library and air all the previous original Bashes on the Network, the Network of course being a significant source of income for WWE. And no one can argue that it's not something that people go on there to watch, because the 96 event was the historic heel turn of Hogan. There's a legacy attached to that name, and Cody trying to get WCW trademarks just because his dad came up with the name? Yeah, there's more to it than that. Cody is almost exactly what Seth said he is: a coattail riding petty little bitch who's probably just still upset that he was never world champion in WWE. It's not WWE's fault that Cody didn't inherit hardly any of his father's talent in any aspect. Hell, David Flair was better than Cody is. Actually, I'll be shocked if Cody doesn't try to bring him in for Bash, actually, just so they can have the main event be "Rhodes vs. Flair". Because the only thing Cody knows how to do is live off the legacy of his dad, because god only knows he's not even close to good enough to make his own legacy
There is a few things that id say are false here, but to what may be your surprise i agree with a few things.

Look, i agree, AEW having anything to do with WCW is a terrible idea, they should stay far away from anything WCW related, them getting Bash at the Beach i personally think is a bad move, but that said what i dont get is why on earth you hate Cody so much, Him and his brother Dustin hard argueably one of the best matches of the entire year, majority of people loved that match and with good reason, it wasnt about fancy flips and shit like that, they told a compelling story in the ring and fans very obviously loved it, though as im sure you said before you hated it, but i have to wonder is your hatred of the match just a bias against Cody? or is it just not the type of match you liked?

And also, how on earth is Cody getting a few trademarks petty? please go ahead and explain why on earth Cody getting trademarks that WWE themselves let expire is petty, or anything cody has done? And let me be clear, im genuinely curious as to your thoughts, your logic here. Because i dont see it, i really dont.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
There is a few things that id say are false here, but to what may be your surprise i agree with a few things.

Look, i agree, AEW having anything to do with WCW is a terrible idea, they should stay far away from anything WCW related, them getting Bash at the Beach i personally think is a bad move, but that said what i dont get is why on earth you hate Cody so much, Him and his brother Dustin hard argueably one of the best matches of the entire year, majority of people loved that match and with good reason, it wasnt about fancy flips and shit like that, they told a compelling story in the ring and fans very obviously loved it, though as im sure you said before you hated it, but i have to wonder is your hatred of the match just a bias against Cody? or is it just not the type of match you liked?

And also, how on earth is Cody getting a few trademarks petty? please go ahead and explain why on earth Cody getting trademarks that WWE themselves let expire is petty, or anything cody has done? And let me be clear, im genuinely curious as to your thoughts, your logic here. Because i dont see it, i really dont.
I dont remember stating an opinion on it because i dont think i watched the whole match, but if i did actually say it was bad then yes, it was probably bias against Cody. People liked it cuz it was bloody and because Dustin is an actually good wrestler who's been wrestling since Cody was just getting out of diapers. Dustin could probably carry Solidus through a good match if he needed to. Cody doesn't have hardly any charisma, either in the ring or on the mic. AEW is supposed to be about change, and yet what do they provide? Shots at the WWE, Cody as a main eventer, old PPV names, and screwy finishes. If Cody and co really want change, then they need to start making change instead of just trying to stay true to Dusty's legacy. Hardcore Holly, Legacy, Goldust, Steven Amell, Bullet Club, Elite... has Cody ever actually done anything for himself without just riding coattails?

How is Cody petty? Well how is WWE petty in starting to get other trademarks reregistered? Cody is virtually just stealing from the WWE via a loophole. Cody never even wrestled for WCW. If he really wants so badly to throw a pity party about not getting the things that are his dad's legacy, then maybe he should go work for NXT because that's the only thing really relevant to modern times that matters as far as his "lagacy" goes. Dusty was super passionate about NXT and is one of the reasons why it is where it is now. As far as I'm concerned Cody can fuck off talking about this "Dusty's legacy" bullshit when at the same time he's taking shots at and trying to destroy another big part of Dusty's legacy

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
thanks for sharing this info
You're welcome!

I dont remember stating an opinion on it because i dont think i watched the whole match, but if i did actually say it was bad then yes, it was probably bias against Cody. People liked it cuz it was bloody and because Dustin is an actually good wrestler who's been wrestling since Cody was just getting out of diapers. Dustin could probably carry Solidus through a good match if he needed to. Cody doesn't have hardly any charisma, either in the ring or on the mic. AEW is supposed to be about change, and yet what do they provide? Shots at the WWE, Cody as a main eventer, old PPV names, and screwy finishes. If Cody and co really want change, then they need to start making change instead of just trying to stay true to Dusty's legacy. Hardcore Holly, Legacy, Goldust, Steven Amell, Bullet Club, Elite... has Cody ever actually done anything for himself without just riding coattails?
I mean considering the fact you really...really seem to not like the guy, ofcourse you dont think hes good in the ring or has any charisma, thats a given, like when nearly everyone hated Roman Reigns, they all thought he was terrible in the ring and had no charisma, its just a given and in that sense its personal opinion, Cody has done some fantastic promos in AEW that have gotten over with fans very well. And its not a thing of "AEW Fans will love anything and everything AEW does" because there are many things AEW does AEW fans dont like, like the Brandi Rhodes Nightmare Collective...nobody likes that lol, its dumb and makes no sense and i will be the first to tell you that.

And as for Cody,. All In comes to mind, like it or not All In was a gigantic success and changed the industry forever, if there is one thing Cody got from his father its being a booker and being able to book a show and book it well, (Argueably book it well atleast) We can debate whats good or bad all day and night, but results is results, say what you will but AEW has a solid fanbase, they are doing something right every week.

And as for what they have done different they have done alot different on a fundemental level, there are no writers writing scripts, the wrestlers come up with their gimmicks and its on them to get their own stuff over, just look at the transformation moxley has had, his promos are way better then they ever were in WWE and his matches have been way better aswell, hes become a huge star both in AEW and New Japan (And id argue his new japan matches have been some of his best period.)

Also listening to the fans, nobody cared for Alex Marvez so hes not on commentary anymore, fans wanted more promos during the show and now we are getting more promos, fans didnt like The Dark Order, so they stepped up their game and are getting over, fans dont like the librarians and they have barely been on the show as a result. People expressed concern and didnt want The Elite to become champions, becuase the peopel running the company being champion doesnt feel right, atleast this early on, and sure enough, Young Bucks didnt becoem tag team champions and likely wont for a long time, Kenny and Cody didnt defeat Jericho either, so they listened in that regard aswell. And if nothing else, AEW has become a true alternative for wrestlers to go to, WWE doesnt have to be the end all be all anymore and wrestlers have another big company they can go to.

And i could keep going, they have been listening and making changes based on feedback, WWE doesnt do things like that, they do what they feel like and dont care what you like or dont like, Kofi Kingston is a prime example, Saudi Arabia is a prime example, Roman Reigns was a prime example, and the list goes on. Does that mean they never listen? no, sometimes they do and i will admit that. The Fiend did become Universal Champion afteral.

How is Cody petty? Well how is WWE petty in starting to get other trademarks reregistered? Cody is virtually just stealing from the WWE via a loophole. Cody never even wrestled for WCW. If he really wants so badly to throw a pity party about not getting the things that are his dad's legacy, then maybe he should go work for NXT because that's the only thing really relevant to modern times that matters as far as his "lagacy" goes. Dusty was super passionate about NXT and is one of the reasons why it is where it is now. As far as I'm concerned Cody can fuck off talking about this "Dusty's legacy" bullshit when at the same time he's taking shots at and trying to destroy another big part of Dusty's legacy
At what point has Cody thrown some pity party? ive seen zero indication of that anywhere at any point, and again, WWE let the trademarks expire, and Cody chose to just go ahead and grab it for whatever reason, does that make him petty? no, no it does not, WWE let trademarks expire, and he got some of them, there really is not much else to it.

Like i said before, i dont agree with Cody getting the WCW event names and such, i think they should stay far away from WCW, but i certainly dont think Cody is petty, petty is tossing your own fans out of the arena (despite the fact they paid for their tickets) because they are wearing merch of your competitor, which by the way is a real thing WWE did, that is petty. Or hell, how about i use a IRL example like my own brother, having an attitude because someone he said Hi to as we passed them didnt say hi back, not even considering maybe that person has had a bad day, that is petty.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Cody has done some fantastic promos in AEW that have gotten over with fans very well.
Cody's most over promo was the one he did before his match with Jericho and even that was just a knock off of Dusty's "Hard Times" promo

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Hey everyone as always share your thoughts on the ratings! some interesting news i thought id share with yall.

This is the FINAL head to head of AEW VS NXT this year, as AEW will not have a show next week for christmas, NXT however has already tapped for a show for christmas, so only NXT next week, ofcourse i will still do the ratings for NXT as always, im also thinking of a doing a end of the year stat as to the scoreboard of NXT and AEW aswell as total average viewership since this war started! if yall would like to see those Bonus stats please let me know! (though admittedly im interested enough i may do it anyway.)

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
As far as ratings go it still seems like AEW and NXT are roughly between 10,000 to 100,000 difference in viewership which isn't bad for both companies and really that is what I except here on out that one-week AEW will be higher than NXT and vice versa.

As far as the bonus stat thing, I say go ahead and do it if you want.

Reactions: InsaneAlphaBeta

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Doubtful, considering the next two shows are holiday shows, which tend to throw viewership for everything across the board all out of whack.
Actually thank you for pointing out i said that, because if you saw my post above i realised AEW is not having a show next week because christmas, NXT however allready tapped a show, so next week should be very interesting for NXTs rating.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Actually thank you for pointing out i said that, because if you saw my post above i realised AEW is not having a show next week because christmas, NXT however allready tapped a show, so next week should be very interesting for NXTs rating.
Does that mean NXT gets an auto-win then...

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Imagine not having a show because it's Christmas. smh. Though I guess they figure not giving the fans anything at all is better than giving them a 2 hour sack of coal

Does that mean NXT gets an auto-win then...
They get an auto-win every week, if you follow the old "quality, not quantity" rule

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
They get an auto-win every week, if you follow the old "quality, not quantity" rule
Valid point
Umm, kinda valid, valid in the sense of NXT getting a auto win since AEW isnt doing a show, but when talking quality thats a subective topic based on opinion, there is no auto win in that sense, there will always be people on both sides of the fence who like one more then the other for various reasons, and dont for forget obvious bias's

Bias (and you not watching the show which i wont be able to say this week) was one of the reasons i didnt wanna count jeffrys rating of 0/10 for AEW, as how can you give a fair rating on the show when you havent even watched it? that would be like me saying Raw sucked this year and i didnt experience a single episode. But thats another topic for another day.

I dont mind AEW taking a break for christmas, gives them a chance to reflect on mistakes they have made since they started and time to figure out how best to learn and grow as a company. (And it gives me more time to play Jurassic World Evolution LOL)

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Umm, kinda valid, valid in the sense of NXT getting a auto win since AEW isnt doing a show, but when talking quality thats a subective topic based on opinion, there is no auto win in that sense, there will always be people on both sides of the fence who like one more then the other for various reasons, and dont for forget obvious bias's
My comment about the "auto-win" and "valid point" was a joke.
I dont mind AEW taking a break for christmas, gives them a chance to reflect on mistakes they have made since they started and time to figure out how best to learn and grow as a company. (And it gives me more time to play Jurassic World Evolution LOL)
What mistakes...oh you mean when they decided to become a company and copy/bash WWE a lot, lol.