The Wednesday Night War

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Im back to not knowing if your trolling again lol, so i will just say this.

As far as i know you dont watch AEW, so your vote if any si either nothing or 0, because you hate AEW and even if they had a objectively good show i suspect youd give it a 0 anyway, the main thing is you dont watch the show, and i wouldnt even ask you to since i know ya dont like it.

But since this may or may not be a issue, how about this, going forward, if you continue to not watch AEW at all, just dont vote lol, the rate thread is for those who watch the show and rates their thoughts on it, but if you do watch it and rate 0 then great! i shall include it.

Make no mistake, if someone, like say grievs rated NXT 0 becuase he hates WWE so much, i would not count his vote either because i know he doesnt watch it, this isnt some kind of bias, it goes both ways.
Here's the thing though, my dude. Whether I watch it or not, I make sure to read the results every week, or at least almost every week, so that I can both keep my jokes relevant and my discussion and judgments informed. I'm not sure why my vote, whether it be 0 or 10, should count any less than someone else's. I am very familiar with pretty much the entire roster (including the Butcher & the Blade, who apparently a lot of fans had no idea who they were, which makes me both sad and question their devotion to indie wrestling considering those dudes have been a ton of big places over the past couple years. Also, almost entirely irrelevant fun fact: I got to be there live in my hometown, second row on Halloween dressed as Bill Carr of Team Tremendous, for Andy Williams' first official match :)), so between that, my 26 years of being a diehard wrestling fan, and the little I actually do watch on Botchamania, I can definitely have a good idea of how any given match went. And then there's the storylines and promos, which even if I was watching, would think suck based on everything I've read or seen.

If you're looking to report on how WWEF as a community views both shows, then the more data you have, spanning as many different groups or types of people as you can, would be the most objective way to go about it, as with any respectable study. This is a ratings "war" right? So you count all of the ratings. The joke ones or uninformed ones or etc included. Look at the Presidential Election, which a lot of people would consider pretty important (myself not included, but I'm aware that many people do). If I was to actually go vote, there's no one there to stop me from voting for Trump or Sanders or Obama or whoever on the basis that I don't pay attention to the news or watch the debates. The vote still counts regardless of the reasoning behind the vote (in theory at least, because again I don't believe the US Elections are real, but the concept makes for a pretty good example in this case lol). The purpose of this in the first place I thought, after all, is to get a good idea of how the whole forum feels about both shows, no?

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
the Butcher & the Blade, who apparently a lot of fans had no idea who they were, which makes me both sad and question their devotion to indie wrestling considering those dudes have been a ton of big places over the past couple years.
Thank you, and Allie is with them and I doubt many know her as well, which is a shame

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Here's the thing though, my dude. Whether I watch it or not, I make sure to read the results every week, or at least almost every week, so that I can both keep my jokes relevant and my discussion and judgments informed. I'm not sure why my vote, whether it be 0 or 10, should count any less than someone else's. I am very familiar with pretty much the entire roster (including the Butcher & the Blade, who apparently a lot of fans had no idea who they were, which makes me both sad and question their devotion to indie wrestling considering those dudes have been a ton of big places over the past couple years. Also, almost entirely irrelevant fun fact: I got to be there live in my hometown, second row on Halloween dressed as Bill Carr of Team Tremendous, for Andy Williams' first official match :emoji_slight_smile:), so between that, my 26 years of being a diehard wrestling fan, and the little I actually do watch on Botchamania, I can definitely have a good idea of how any given match went. And then there's the storylines and promos, which even if I was watching, would think suck based on everything I've read or seen.

If you're looking to report on how WWEF as a community views both shows, then the more data you have, spanning as many different groups or types of people as you can, would be the most objective way to go about it, as with any respectable study. This is a ratings "war" right? So you count all of the ratings. The joke ones or uninformed ones or etc included. Look at the Presidential Election, which a lot of people would consider pretty important (myself not included, but I'm aware that many people do). If I was to actually go vote, there's no one there to stop me from voting for Trump or Sanders or Obama or whoever on the basis that I don't pay attention to the news or watch the debates. The vote still counts regardless of the reasoning behind the vote (in theory at least, because again I don't believe the US Elections are real, but the concept makes for a pretty good example in this case lol). The purpose of this in the first place I thought, after all, is to get a good idea of how the whole forum feels about both shows, no?
Well, i suppose you are right.

My main..well perspective on the matter is every show has pros and cons, so to just say it has zero redeeming qualitys, literately nothing was good and everything was the worst thing ever, is a tad much, i mean a 1 or 2 is atleast believeable, 0 should be resevered for something that actively damages the product and the wrestlers on the product to a huge extent and the shows a dumbster fire. Atleast in my opinion.

I get you hate AEW, but to say that every single week there isnt a single good, or atleast okay thing? every promo sucks? every match is terrible? how can you make a call like that without seeing it yourself? You know i watch WWE every week, and despite my issues you are aware of with the product, i dont rate it a 0, because like i said, it doesnt do all the things i said above, now perhaps your idea of what deserves a 0 is different and i ofcourse respect that, i just find it hard to believe that every single week across the board its the worst thing ever, now if it wasnt just nothing but 0s and sometimes its a 1 or 2, that i atleast can believe...but to rate it a 0, every week, only reading results? i just personally dont feel right counting that, but if you watched the show then thats another story.

But i digress, let us meet at a impass, you are right, i should consider all the votes and i will count your votes accordingly....however, to keep a semblance of credibility and legit accuracy in the votes, im not gonna count a joke vote, a joke vote like say reags for example, is not reags actual legit thoughts on the show, (unless he confirms otherwise that it wasnt a joke vote and he also meant it, in which case the point here doesnt matter) in tha event it was for fun and not a real vote on his thoughts on the show, so yes, i will count all real votes, even your 0s despite the circumstances, but not a joke vote.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Well, i suppose you are right.

My main..well perspective on the matter is every show has pros and cons, so to just say it has zero redeeming qualitys, literately nothing was good and everything was the worst thing ever, is a tad much, i mean a 1 or 2 is atleast believeable, 0 should be resevered for something that actively damages the product and the wrestlers on the product to a huge extent and the shows a dumbster fire. Atleast in my opinion.

I get you hate AEW, but to say that every single week there isnt a single good, or atleast okay thing? every promo sucks? every match is terrible? how can you make a call like that without seeing it yourself? You know i watch WWE every week, and despite my issues you are aware of with the product, i dont rate it a 0, because like i said, it doesnt do all the things i said above, now perhaps your idea of what deserves a 0 is different and i ofcourse respect that, i just find it hard to believe that every single week across the board its the worst thing ever, now if it wasnt just nothing but 0s and sometimes its a 1 or 2, that i atleast can believe...but to rate it a 0, every week, only reading results? i just personally dont feel right counting that, but if you watched the show then thats another story.

But i digress, let us meet at a impass, you are right, i should consider all the votes and i will count your votes accordingly....however, to keep a semblance of credibility and legit accuracy in the votes, im not gonna count a joke vote, a joke vote like say reags for example, is not reags actual legit thoughts on the show, (unless he confirms otherwise that it wasnt a joke vote and he also meant it, in which case the point here doesnt matter) in tha event it was for fun and not a real vote on his thoughts on the show, so yes, i will count all real votes, even your 0s despite the circumstances, but not a joke vote.
Thank you sir, I'm glad we have been able to come to a compromise.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
AEW and NXT have tied for week 11! plus WWE files tons of WCW and ECW trademarks, is it a reponse to AEW trademarking some WCW names weeks prior? share your thoughts on all of this!

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
A TIE!? A TIE! THIS IS MADNESS!

WWE files tons of WCW and ECW trademarks, is it a reponse to AEW trademarking some WCW names weeks prior? share your thoughts on all of this!
Two things. One this proves my joke and other that AEW is just trying to be like WCW and we know how that turned out, and second WWE does own the copyright and names to anything WCW and ECW related whether The Elite and Tony like it

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
A TIE!? A TIE! THIS IS MADNESS!

Two things. One this proves my joke and other that AEW is just trying to be like WCW and we know how that turned out, and second WWE does own the copyright and names to anything WCW and ECW related whether The Elite and Tony like it
Well to be fair to both sides, I believe Bash at The Beach and the other ones are PPVs Codys father came up with, so ofcourse cody would want those trademarks.

And WWE did not own all the trademarks, atleast not until they renewed them, trademarks are not a permanent thing, they do expire, thats how Cody got hsi fathers name back aswell as his own, and how he got Bash at The Beach, WWE let it expire and Cody took it, so in response WWE trademarked all the other ECW and WCW names they didnt already have.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Well to be fair to both sides, I believe Bash at The Beach and the other ones are PPVs Codys father came up with, so ofcourse cody would want those trademarks.

And WWE did not own all the trademarks, atleast not until they renewed them, trademarks are not a permanent thing, they do expire, thats how Cody got hsi fathers name back aswell as his own, and how he got Bash at The Beach, WWE let it expire and Cody took it, so in response WWE trademarked all the other ECW and WCW names they didnt already have.
So Cody is acting like a brat and everything...got it.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
So Cody is acting like a brat and everything...got it.
Um, no not at all lol, trademarks expired, and he got them, there isnt much else to it. then WWE get as many trademarks as they can to make sure Cody cant get anymore.

I mean it is a smart buisness move by WWE, even if a little bit petty, i mean if your competitor wants to use the names from a company that failed, then let them, whats the worst that can happen? lol

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Um, no not at all lol, trademarks expired, and he got them, there isnt much else to it. then WWE get as many trademarks as they can to make sure Cody cant get anymore.

I mean it is a smart buisness move by WWE, even if a little bit petty, i mean if your competitor wants to use the names from a company that failed, then let them, whats the worst that can happen? lol
Yes. Yes, he is. People don't want to admit, but Cody is riding the hell out the coattails of his dad and his brother like there is none tomorrow. Okay, so what if WWE is trademarking names to stop AEW from getting them that is just business 101. As well shows a lack of creativity on AEW's part.

Not really petty, but okay.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
AEW and NXT have tied for week 11! plus WWE files tons of WCW and ECW trademarks, is it a reponse to AEW trademarking some WCW names weeks prior? share your thoughts on all of this!
I watched online so my view didn't get tallied, so I guess in reality NXT won :p

Cody shouldn't have a right to any of them in the first place. WWE bought WCW and their stuff. They own the WCW tape library and air all the previous original Bashes on the Network, the Network of course being a significant source of income for WWE. And no one can argue that it's not something that people go on there to watch, because the 96 event was the historic heel turn of Hogan. There's a legacy attached to that name, and Cody trying to get WCW trademarks just because his dad came up with the name? Yeah, there's more to it than that. Cody is almost exactly what Seth said he is: a coattail riding petty little bitch who's probably just still upset that he was never world champion in WWE. It's not WWE's fault that Cody didn't inherit hardly any of his father's talent in any aspect. Hell, David Flair was better than Cody is. Actually, I'll be shocked if Cody doesn't try to bring him in for Bash, actually, just so they can have the main event be "Rhodes vs. Flair". Because the only thing Cody knows how to do is live off the legacy of his dad, because god only knows he's not even close to good enough to make his own legacy

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
You truly are a madman, aren't you?
Shit, you're right, I must be. I forgot that Cody "reads all the feedback" and now this match actually might happen.

But no, I legit think David Flair was better than Cody is now. At least David was never really made out to be anything more than he really was. Cody should still be where David Flair was as far as card placement goes, and is yet consistently one of the most important parts of AEW

Reactions: Jay-Ashley