The Wednesday Night War

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Probably the worst news possible. More main roster talent to NXT coming?
Possibly, it depends on what Vince and or Triple H decides.

As it stands right now, the reason for Raw and Smackdown talent being on NXT is due to Survivor Series, so right now its impossile to say if this is just for Survivor Series or not, next week however we will know, either everything goes back to normal, or now Raw and Smackdown talent invade every single week to keep the ratings up.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
So...where were we? ;)

WWE has gone through many different hire/fire phases. There have been plenty of times in history where they go a long time without letting people go, and there have been plenty of times where they've fired multiple people in one day. If I had to guess, they have a number in mind, based on who they need, who they might need, and who they can afford, amongst other things. I really don't see how you draw the conclusion that Vince is suddenly scared, when the only people they're not letting go is mostly bottom of the pile midcarders. Does anyone in their right mind honestly think it matters in the slightest whether Sin Cara and Mike Bennett go to AEW?
Well if it doesnt matter, then why does WWE not release them? why dont they release Luke Harper? Oney Lorcan? and everyone else that have asked for their release? If WWE didnt care about their superstars going to AEW then why would they care who leaves? if it wasnt a issue and didnt bother them, why keep them? And im not saying Vince is scared, im saying Vince doesnt like anyone approaching his territory, espacially in the way AEW is...Okay let me ask you this, Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff, why would Vince randomly bring those two in? also again, only after AEW formed?

Im not saying literately everything WWE has done since AEW is a move against them, what i am saying is atleast a few things absolutely were, too many things in such a short and specific timeframe, atleast some of these things had to have been a part of it, companies dont make chocies liek this out of nowhere, everything happens for a reason.

No, I don't watch it. So for me to hear about it as commonly as I do, without being a viewer, that should tell you how often it must happen. And no, it doesn't only matter when they do it on the air. They're public figures now. You can't tell me in one paragraph that it's super important that WWE supposedly won't let anyone out of their contract, but then tell me in the next paragraph that it doesn't matter what AEW people say off-screen. That's a perfect example of double-standards. It doesn't matter which side of the fence you're on in that regard, whether you're gonna count things off-screen or not, but at least stay consistent with which side you're on.
But thats just it, you dont watch the product, so your only gonna hear about the stuff that would stick out to you as someone who isnt a fan of the product, again i watch this every week, i can literately count on my hands the times they referenced WWE, one of moxleys promos, Cody Rhodes promo taking to jericho, the cody rhodes throne thing...and yeah thats it. Why do i suggest off screen doesnt matter? because if they are asked about WWE in a interview then what are they supposed to do? stay silent? hell Triple H and Vince have commented about AEW in interviews when asked, i just dont feel like that counts. Does social media count? maybe, thats personal preference, its not like it effects the product because thats outside of AEW, so do i think that counts? nope, but i understand why you may think it does. And lastly what about offscreen? does Cody having fun with the crowd and the gusy Screw You Vince sign? does that count? id say it doesnt, why? because the fans paid there tickets and are having a good time, that doesnt hurt the product, seeing as the only reason we even know is due to video of it.

I dont see it as a double standered, AEW mentioning WWE and a WWE wrestlers contracts are 2 completely seperate discussions and arguements to be made in terms of what they mean respectively, they are entirely different and seperate situations, atleast to me they are.

It can be interpreted a lot of ways, and personally that's where I find a lot of the beauty in that ending, as much of a double edged sword as that may be. Why think about reversing it? It's the past, it can't be changed. Let's focus on what actually happened. Perhaps the referee stopped the match to protect himself, out of fear for being involved in a murder investigation. Perhaps, in a more likely scenario, he stopped it not to protect the evil and powerful Fiend, but to protect Seth. This is very much supported by the line he uttered about "this isn't you, Seth". It would also make sense in the story, since clearly afterward The Fiend was fine, but the whole story he was trying to bring out the worst in Seth. Seth attempting to murder a man seems like it can't get much worse. So it would make sense that he was trying to save Seth from The Fiend in one sense, even though all most people wanted to see was the ref protecting the Fiend in the other (physical) sense.
Okay but if the Fiend was fine, why not restart the match? why not give the crowd what they wanted? And if its up to the refs discretion then why not end the no holds barred match? because they said it cannot be stopped for any reason? well by your logic that doesnt mean anything and the ref can still stop the match, whats the pint in hell in a ceel being no disqualifcations and anything goes if that isnt infact true? whats the point?

It was much quicker, but then again the story wasn't really set to go nearly as long as The Bar story went. It was a quick thing to help with Crown Jewel. Maybe something happened on Twitter in between to make them bond, maybe it'll be explained in like 3 seasons from now of Total Divas and it'll all make perfect sense. Idk dude. I also said they're not perfect, but at least give them SOME slack. When the strongest of all your arguments is "why are Natalya and Lacey friends now?", I think they must be doing at least something right.
Its worth noting what im talking about was before crown jewel, and i do give them slack, but not when it comes to things not making sense.

Speaking of natalya, WWE did a UK taping and did Smackdown and Raw in the same night, so why on earth that friday when it aired did they advertise natalya for a match on raw, and then on raw say she basicly couldnt be there? they taped both shows the same day, they knew natalya wouldnt be in the match but falsely advertised it anyway? how do you justify that?

How much does a random match during the middle of the match on RAW with nothing on the line actually matter? It was a great match while it lasted. I was entertained. It served its purpose of leading up to a Triple H invasion, without Trips getting physically involved. Why is it so important that there was a winner or loser? Outside of fantasy leagues, I don't know many people that care about wins and losses in random matches. It'd be like getting upset that Mojo Rawley didn't win in his match with Curtis Axel on Main Event.
Main Event still exists? lol

Look im just saying what reason do we have to care about these matches if they dont care enough to give us a explanation? things like that can ruin a match for people, think about it, your watching this match your invested, and oh here comes triple h and we go to commercial, i wonder who won? how will triple h being out here effect the match? seeing as your invested your curious. And we come back, drew has vanished, KO is in the ring with hunter, and we get no explanation, we are told nothing and all that investment was just for nothing, the match ended in a lackluster way, how hard would it have been for them to just let KO pin drew and then bring triple h out?

If the outcome is so important, then how can it be considered one of the greatest feuds in decades when there was no true outcome? Why is a long-term feud not getting a proper conclusion great, but a random nothing match on RAW not getting an outcome somehow one of the worst things WWE could possibly do?
I didnt say it was one of the worst things, im just saying we should have gotten a explanation, as for Jonny and ciampa, that fued was amazing for countless reasons, the matches the story telling it was all perfect, and its not like it had a lackluster ending, life happens and got in the way, so its not like peopel are dissapointed, it just sucks, its sad, but you move on, for the time it was a thing, it was incredible and you cant take that away with a IRL problem.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
NXT: 810,000
AEW: 663,000
Hey now, thats my job.

THis is why i didnt post the scource to begin with lol
[automerge]1575327806[/automerge]
Speaking of which, the ratings are OFFICIALLY in!

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...so the score remains 7 - 2 in favor of AEW with the WWE only
winning the last two weeks after exposing NXT to a wider audience
through the Survivor Series "crossover event"

Call me when the score is 7 - 8 & then maybe I'll start caring...and by
caring I mean I'll still just watch AEW & NWA without giving a flying
fudge what the WWE is doing.

:bodallas:

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Okay...so the score remains 7 - 2 in favor of AEW with the WWE only
winning the last two weeks after exposing NXT to a wider audience
through the Survivor Series "crossover event"

Call me when the score is 7 - 8 & then maybe I'll start caring...and by
caring I mean I'll still just watch AEW & NWA without giving a flying
fudge what the WWE is doing.

:bodallas:
I will say though, it is a shame you dont watch NXT, because NXT is like a whole other promotion and Triple H has done an amazing job.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I will say though, it is a shame you dont watch NXT, because NXT is like a whole other promotion and Triple H has done an amazing job.
Well...its not a shame to me...because I don't miss it.

Frankly I stopped watching it the week before it had
its "Network/Format" change & I deleted all the NXT
related "material" I had acquired over the last 3 years.

I'm done with the WWE...no matter the brand...and I'll
never go back...no matter what happens.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
My main interest in this thread has really just become to see how many different excuses AEW (and their fans) will make for losing. I'm really curious as to which one they pull out of their ass once they start losing in the "all important" demos

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
My main interest in this thread has really just become to see how many different excuses AEW (and their fans) will make for losing. I'm really curious as to which one they pull out of their ass once they start losing in the "all important" demos
ShUt Up U bRaInWaShEd WwE mArK. aEw Is ChAnGiNg WrEsTlInG uNlIkE wWe.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
ShUt Up U bRaInWaShEd WwE mArK. aEw Is ChAnGiNg WrEsTlInG uNlIkE wWe.
Is that why 2.6 million people have watched the Lana fake pregnancy angle on Youtube in the past week, yet last week's BTE and AEW Dark only have 627 thousand views combined? Truly changing the business xD

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Is that why 2.6 million people have watched the Lana fake pregnancy angle on Youtube in the past week, yet last week's BTE and AEW Dark only have 627 thousand views combined? Truly changing the business xD
YoUtUbE dOeSn'T cOuNt

Reactions: Maniax