The Wednesday Night War

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Wth NXT soon to be murdered by Vince Mcmahon Nick Khan and John lauranitis, i believe i can safely say that AEW did win the wednesday night war, so as a vague recap of all the weeks i missed

Besides the few times where they would go back and forth, for the most part AEW did better in the ratings overal, staying roughly in the 700k to 900k viewers with NXT staying anywhere from 500k to 700k roughly, and this is loosely based off my memory.

Eventually it did lead to NXT leaving wednesday nights, with AEW being the winner of the wednesday night war, and now the death of NXT is on the horizon, as they want new supterstars, and in vinces exact words "no one over 40, nobody under 6 feet tall, no indie vanilla midgets, stars who can maine vent wrestlemanias" Combine that with Nick Khan talking about how NXT will soon be revamped, and AEW definately has come out on top.

I would have liked to keep doing the ratings every week, but life got crazy, but in the end im glad i did it for a slong as i did it, and perhaps thhis can serve as a...ya know i had the word for it but its slipping my minds, catalog? no, history..thing? reminder? you get the idea.

And if this site ever goes away or is moved ?I have all the numbers saved and on hand so i may bring it over.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
There is no doubt that AEW is the victor in the Wednesday Night Way.

And they might be the victor in a bigger war if WWE doesn't get their act together.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I enjoy Dynamite and Rampage more than I do a WWE PPV or an NXT TakeOver. To me, AEW All Out is WrestleMania now.

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
Wth NXT soon to be murdered by Vince Mcmahon Nick Khan and John lauranitis, i believe i can safely say that AEW did win the wednesday night war, so as a vague recap of all the weeks i missed

Besides the few times where they would go back and forth, for the most part AEW did better in the ratings overal, staying roughly in the 700k to 900k viewers with NXT staying anywhere from 500k to 700k roughly, and this is loosely based off my memory.

Eventually it did lead to NXT leaving wednesday nights, with AEW being the winner of the wednesday night war, and now the death of NXT is on the horizon, as they want new supterstars, and in vinces exact words "no one over 40, nobody under 6 feet tall, no indie vanilla midgets, stars who can maine vent wrestlemanias" Combine that with Nick Khan talking about how NXT will soon be revamped, and AEW definately has come out on top.

I would have liked to keep doing the ratings every week, but life got crazy, but in the end im glad i did it for a slong as i did it, and perhaps thhis can serve as a...ya know i had the word for it but its slipping my minds, catalog? no, history..thing? reminder? you get the idea.

And if this site ever goes away or is moved ?I have all the numbers saved and on hand so i may bring it over.

It’s just really sad what has become of NXT. It was clearly the better show compared to Raw and SD for a while IMO. Had some great feuds, great wrestlers….and WWE just flushed it down the drain.

The new direction they are going in just sounds so asinine. Way to take a once great show and just stick a stake in it for good. I’m not sure how the new idea they have even appeals to…well, anyone, including themselves.

Vince will always be a wrestling god to me, but, this shit has gotten out of control, he is dumping on his own company with these decisions.